There is Everything Wrong with Abortion

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#225740 Sep 27, 2012
shadowpitra wrote:
<quoted text>May I ask you a simple question?
According to popular belief, there is an omnipotent and omniscient God. She/he created entire universe and literally everything in it appeared out of mere will of God.
If this is true then NATURE is the creation of God.
Now, Natural laws like Gravity / Electromagnetism/ Strong and Weak Nuclear Forces cannot be voidable out of “Free Will”.
You cannot WILL gravity to wear off. Right?
Then if we come down to human womb, we can be fairly sure that had god DESIGNED the womb for it being the safest place for a baby, then God would have made abortion impossible. Just the way it’s impossible to flout natural laws.
However, we have had an entirely different experience on that one.
This really puts your opinion in perspective.
Just look at the numbers. About THREE TIMES as many fertilized eggs do NOT survive to live birth as there are live births. If a loving God didn't want abortion, then He would not perform so many.

#225741 Sep 27, 2012
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most abortions are done because of non-medical reasons, and because at the moment of conception that life is a human being, most abortions are unjustified, and are just murder thought up in the minds of men.
Many things can be used in different ways - for instance you can use your hands to help someone, or you can use them to kill someone. One is good and one is bad.
Have a good day!
It is not a human life until it has a soul. And that does not happen until that first indrawn breath of air AT the moment of BIRTH. Until that time, it is nothing more than a lump of goo.

#225742 Sep 27, 2012
lilaclady wrote:
It amazes me that you that are still posting still have no life.
I've been away enjoying living and there hasn't been any one person that finds the need in posting to argue on topix.
God said, "thou shalt not kill." and he meant it.
Except that there is NO commandment to not kill. In fact, the God of the Bible is rather fond of killing, even to the point of having His followers dash the brains out of infants.

What the Bible DOES prohibit is specifically MURDER. Murder is not killing. Murder is very specific: it is the UNLAWFUL killing of another human being.
lilaclady wrote:
He's coming back soon and I'll be going back to heaven with him.
Erroneous understanding of the Messianic prophecies. The God of the Bible never left His people, and the Messiah only comes once.
lilaclady wrote:
If all of you who believe abortion is okay would trust him, you too can live forever in glory.
If you won't listen to him, these words will haunt you long after it's too late.
I'll be back sometime, can't say when.
Our anniversary is next month and we have plans, then the holiday season comes so maybe in another few months -- if we're all still here I'll check on ya then to see how many are still without hope.
Happy anniversary.

Why don't YOU trust the words actually written in your Bible? Nowhere is there any condemnation of abortion.

#225743 Sep 27, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Shadowpitra, after reading your post I feel compelled to respond here, I'm sorry to tell you that your "logic" fails miserably as "He/ She" ( as you put it ) does not put HIS stamp of approval on such a murderous institution as abortion, you are seriously in error to believe this because he is allowing evil to run rampart at this time, but he has a time chosen in which he will deal with all wrong and will put all evil under his feet.
Abortion ( murder ) stealing, lying, and all other wrong doing is prohibited by God's Word so don't believe because he is allowing it to happen now that he meant for these things to be okay, he gave mankind free will and man will pay for tbe choices that he has made and initiated.
Peace.
Do try and remember that the God of the Bible is the SOURCE of all evil...

Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

More importantly, IF abortion were a sin, then it would be labeled as such. It is a sin to try and invent new sins.

#225744 Sep 27, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> But your unbelief is not going to allow you to get away, read Hebrews 2:3.
The opinion of whoever wrote that letter does not change anything that is in the Bible. There is no commandment for the children of Israel to go forth and convert the stranger. However, they ARE commanded to LOVE the stranger...

#225745 Sep 27, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but you do err through not having an understanding of the scriptures, abortion is covered under the commandment of thou shall not kill.
Pray for an understanding of God's Word.
There is NO commandment to not kill, anywhere in the Bible. As I pointed out above, the God of the Bible is rather fond of killing, both legitimate enemies of His people, and innocent babies. Heck, there are even times when He calls for the killing of every man, woman, child, infant, and animal.

Try actually READING the Bible BEFORE you pretend to teach me what you think it says.

The ONLY verse that even comes CLOSE to referring to abortion is in Exodus, and it obviously has NO problem with abortion.

Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life...

So, the fetus is aborted, yet no mischief follows. It is only if the woman is harmed that we get into the whole eye for an eye thing. If the fetus is aborted, the husband can call for a fine for the loss of a potential harvest, but it is NOT treated as a murder, or even as an accidental death.

And before you even try any nonsense, I will point out that even full term life births were highly likely to die within days of birth. That is why Numbers does not count newborns in the census, and why there is a wait of a week prior to even naming the kid and performing the circumcision. Thus there was NO chance for a premmie to live.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#225746 Sep 27, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO commandment to not kill, anywhere in the Bible. As I pointed out above, the God of the Bible is rather fond of killing, both legitimate enemies of His people, and innocent babies. Heck, there are even times when He calls for the killing of every man, woman, child, infant, and animal.
Try actually READING the Bible BEFORE you pretend to teach me what you think it says.
The ONLY verse that even comes CLOSE to referring to abortion is in Exodus, and it obviously has NO problem with abortion.
Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life...
So, the fetus is aborted, yet no mischief follows. It is only if the woman is harmed that we get into the whole eye for an eye thing. If the fetus is aborted, the husband can call for a fine for the loss of a potential harvest, but it is NOT treated as a murder, or even as an accidental death.
And before you even try any nonsense, I will point out that even full term life births were highly likely to die within days of birth. That is why Numbers does not count newborns in the census, and why there is a wait of a week prior to even naming the kid and performing the circumcision. Thus there was NO chance for a premmie to live.
First off the bible does forbid mankind to kill one another, everything that you have posted proves your lack of God given understanding and discernment of his Word, and it's proven in your attempt to justify abortion by what God has commanded the hebrews to do under the old despensations and nazarite laws before the perfect covenant of Christ Jesus, I'm well aware of these scriptures and you are not telling me anything that I didn't know already and YOU need to pray unto that "evil God" for spirit guided understanding from him before you attempt to read anything out of his Word you need guidance much like the ethiopian eunuch did from the apostle Philip, but of course if your heart is not right then it won't do you any good.

Also you need to understand that anything that God has done or commanded as far as putting others to death does not justify YOU doing likewise, he is the Lord and creator God of all things and so it is not sin for HIM to take life away since he is the one who gave it to began with, and you're obviously unblessed as well not to realize the love and peace and perfect law of the dispensation of truth and grace under the Lord JESUS CHRIST, you are in need of much prayer liam.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#225747 Sep 27, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The opinion of whoever wrote that letter does not change anything that is in the Bible. There is no commandment for the children of Israel to go forth and convert the stranger. However, they ARE commanded to LOVE the stranger...
Incorrect again often wrong liam, Christ commanded his Apostles to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, duhhhhhhh.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#225748 Sep 27, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Do try and remember that the God of the Bible is the SOURCE of all evil...
Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
More importantly, IF abortion were a sin, then it would be labeled as such. It is a sin to try and invent new sins.
You are as mixed up as they come, I can't try to remember anything that isn't true, stop trying to drag your creator down to your miserable level. Abortion IS murder and therefore it is a great sin.

“Why is more important than How”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#225749 Sep 28, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry SP, but you are trying to aporoach this manner with a natural and carnel understanding and that is not going to work here
Why?
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>God has laid it all out in his Word and I'm going the way of wisdom here in believing on HIS Word and understanding while you are trying to leanvon YOUR own comprehension
Yeas. And I believe I am right if I do not go by words written by someone whom I don’t know and instead go by whatever little common sense I have. If you look at my Avtar pic, then you would know that this so called word of god is itself in conflict with itself.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>First pray and then read the 1st chapter of 1si corinthians to understand what I'm trying to tell you
Why should you conclude that I have not prayed?
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>that which you believe to be "commonsense" really doesn't apply here
I assure you that Common sense DOES apply everywhere. Only thing is, it is very uncommon these days.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>abortion IS murder.
And you STILL would not answer my simple question with all the holy scriptures in the world at your disposal. Please allow me to ask again,

If God is omnipotent
AND
If abortion is against will of God
Then
Why does not God make it impossible to abort fetuses.

I am sure it’s a very simple question and you’ll be just fine and comfortable answering it.

Waiting.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#225750 Sep 28, 2012
shadowpitra wrote:
<quoted text> Why?
<quoted text>Yeas. And I believe I am right if I do not go by words written by someone whom I don’t know and instead go by whatever little common sense I have. If you look at my Avtar pic, then you would know that this so called word of god is itself in conflict with itself.
<quoted text>Why should you conclude that I have not prayed?
<quoted text>I assure you that Common sense DOES apply everywhere. Only thing is, it is very uncommon these days.
<quoted text>And you STILL would not answer my simple question with all the holy scriptures in the world at your disposal. Please allow me to ask again,
If God is omnipotent
AND
If abortion is against will of God
Then
Why does not God make it impossible to abort fetuses.
I am sure it’s a very simple question and you’ll be just fine and comfortable answering it.
Waiting.
If you were truly one to apply "common sense" to everything that you approach then you wouldn't be asking me a question that has already been answered by the bible that you've said that you have read, now would you?

As I told you before that God has said in his Word that he has his day set aside that he will deal with all wrong doing, as said before he allows evil to run rampart because he's given man free will to make his own choices but rest assured the day of wrath is coming sooner than you think.

Location hidden

#225751 Sep 28, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> If you were truly one to apply "common sense" to everything that you approach then you wouldn't be asking me a question that has already been answered by the bible that you've said that you have read, now would you?
In fact I have to ask this question. Because you fail to substantiate your claim by providing verifiable data.

Common sense dictates that I should ask you what makes you believe in something you claim to believe and you feel self righteous to predict doom for everyone once God comes back on Earth.

btw which language will god finally address once she/he finally reincarnates here?
Christianity is followed worldwide and followers speak plethora of languages.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> As I told you before that God has said in his Word that he has his day set aside that he will deal with all wrong doing, as said before he allows evil to run rampart because he's given man free will to make his own choices.
Why would God give free will to someone to abort fetuses if no free will is given to anyone and anything to flout natural laws? I am amazed at this discrimination.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> but rest assured the day of wrath is coming sooner than you think.
But Christians believe that god is benevolent. If this is true then how can god be vengeful towards people?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#225752 Sep 28, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> But your unbelief is not going to allow you to get away, read Hebrews 2:3.
My 'unbelief ' is not the issue.

Read "Roe v. Wade 410 US 113" (1973).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#225753 Sep 29, 2012
shadowpitra wrote:
<quoted text>In fact I have to ask this question. Because you fail to substantiate your claim by providing verifiable data.
Common sense dictates that I should ask you what makes you believe in something you claim to believe and you feel self righteous to predict doom for everyone once God comes back on Earth.
btw which language will god finally address once she/he finally reincarnates here?
Christianity is followed worldwide and followers speak plethora of languages.
<quoted text> Why would God give free will to someone to abort fetuses if no free will is given to anyone and anything to flout natural laws? I am amazed at this discrimination.
<quoted text>But Christians believe that god is benevolent. If this is true then how can god be vengeful towards people?
Reincarnation???? There is no such thing, half of your questions are not really too sensible.

The Word lets us know that when Christ returns every eye shall see him and the nations of the earth shall wail because of him, he shall rebuke many and I'm sure every man and woman shall hear him in their own language, a benevolent God has the right to punish anyone for disobeying his Word after he gave hi. Life and shedded blood on the cross of calvary, and a JUST God does not allowed sin murder blood sheddiny of other anything else that man has peupetrated on his fellow man go unpunished, you are bought with a price and are no longer your own by his shed blood.

This should help answer your questions but somehow I doubt it.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#225754 Sep 29, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
My 'unbelief ' is not the issue.
Read "Roe v. Wade 410 US 113" (1973).
Which will not stand forever.

Location hidden

#225755 Sep 29, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Reincarnation???? There is no such thing
Oh more than half population of the world believes in a god who is prophesized to reincarnate on Earth.

You see this is not me saying this. It’s the religious scriptures around the globe which say this. So please do not claim to be speaking for billions whom you most certainly don’t represent.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Reincarnation???? There is no such thing, half of your questions are not really too sensible.
Are we getting judgmental here?

What I asked was very sensible. But sadly we all become myopic in our outlook at one point or other. Besides, you did not give any reasons for passing this judgment on my questions. So, it’s not important anyway.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> The Word lets us know that when Christ returns every eye shall see him and the nations of the earth shall wail because of him
And undeniable scientific evidence tells us that these are fragments of our imagination.
If I were to believe anyone of these views, then I should go for an explanation which appeals to my conscious and not to a view which is in dispute with itself.

Even a shopping mall gives us a choice to get the best. But not the so called word. It’s called hypocrisy.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> a benevolent God has the right to punish anyone for disobeying his Word
Fair enough. Then why would tempt Earthlings to disobey his commands by offering a carrot of free will? It is sadism dear. In that case the god seems to be very sadistic and vengeful.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> should help answer your questions but somehow I doubt it.
You are correct in doubting. This answer unfortunately has nothing that I already don’t know and it does not change anything.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#225756 Sep 29, 2012
shadowpitra wrote:
<quoted text>Oh more than half population of the world believes in a god who is prophesized to reincarnate on Earth.
You see this is not me saying this. It’s the religious scriptures around the globe which say this. So please do not claim to be speaking for billions whom you most certainly don’t represent.
<quoted text>Are we getting judgmental here?
What I asked was very sensible. But sadly we all become myopic in our outlook at one point or other. Besides, you did not give any reasons for passing this judgment on my questions. So, it’s not important anyway.
<quoted text>And undeniable scientific evidence tells us that these are fragments of our imagination.
If I were to believe anyone of these views, then I should go for an explanation which appeals to my conscious and not to a view which is in dispute with itself.
Even a shopping mall gives us a choice to get the best. But not the so called word. It’s called hypocrisy.
<quoted text>Fair enough. Then why would tempt Earthlings to disobey his commands by offering a carrot of free will? It is sadism dear. In that case the god seems to be very sadistic and vengeful.
<quoted text>You are correct in doubting. This answer unfortunately has nothing that I already don’t know and it does not change anything.
.Sadly you are off in everything you have said, but regarding your last statement, it makes this whole discssion fruitless, doesn't it?

Location hidden

#225757 Sep 29, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>.Sadly you are off in everything you have said, but regarding your last statement, it makes this whole discssion fruitless, doesn't it?
In fact I asked some extremely simple questions. You could not answer them. No hard feelings. But you are welcome to explore on that line whenever you wish. I am still waiting for your response which is coherent and which appeals to reason.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#225758 Sep 29, 2012
shadowpitra wrote:
<quoted text>In fact I asked some extremely simple questions. You could not answer them. No hard feelings. But you are welcome to explore on that line whenever you wish. I am still waiting for your response which is coherent and which appeals to reason.
On the contrary I answered everyone of your questions more than once, that they didn't come out to your specifications or what you wanted to hear is not my fault, but they were answered nonetheless.

Location hidden

#225762 Sep 29, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> On the contrary I answered everyone of your questions more than once, that they didn't come out to your specifications or what you wanted to hear is not my fault, but they were answered nonetheless.
Okay let me ask you one question at a time.

Why an omnipotent god would let the evil run rampant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Robert F 985,680
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 18 min ImPeach 25,922
sex crime time to tell 22 min Coco4u 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Robert F 685,701
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Mirror Mirror Walls 445,848
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 7 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 9
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 8 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 24
More from around the web