There is Everything Wrong with Abortion
Roadrunner

Perry, MI

#223611 May 30, 2012
You wouldn't let that happen (obesity)? You do sound like quite the arrogant silly little boy you are. Again trying to assert your control over someone elses body and life.
And no pregnancy is guaranteed to make it to a live birth, or be free of health problems. Pregnancy is a very serious health issue, and any number of things can happen to a woman that would threaten her life while pregnant. Having an abortion is much safer, health wise, than going through a pregnancy and child birth.
And deaths do happen with child birth even when there was nothing to indicate something was wrong leading up to labor and delivery.
Metal 0-4 wrote:
UNLESS it poses a serious, mortal health risk to her because I'm not entering a relationship with someone just to lose her to something like that. It's bad enough that there would be so many other things that could kill her (like a car wreck), or things that could eventually kill her (like obesity; but I won't allow that to happen), so I'm not going to have her die in childbirth. The idea of that happening makes me shudder to be completely honest, since I've thought about it. If my mom died having me, I'd feel SOOOOOO guilty..........

“ANYTHING to be HER EVERYTHING”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#223612 May 30, 2012
Roadrunner wrote:
Liam, if you go look at this dudes profile, you will see that he's a teen still in school, has not yet been part of the military.<quoted text>
I'm actually a high school Senior graduating this Friday. And it'll be four years BEFORE I actually go into the military because I'll be at the Citadel (starting this Fall). I'll admit I'm naive and stupid about a lot of things. I'm actually VERY well-read and HIGHLY intelligent, but some of my posts here DO NOT reflect that. Maybe the Citadel will fix some of these bad habits I have.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#223613 May 30, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> And if my opinion isn't wanted by a woman withwhom I'm I'm in a relationship, I wouldn't be in a relationship with her because she doesn't give a shit about what I think and in a relationship, things work BOTH ways. People who have double-standards are doomed to live very miserable lives. Things in a relationship are shared in common. This is the 21st century and anyone who thinks differently is an idiot, that is unless he or she likes being submissive in a relationship. Maybe that works for some people, but not me. I'm not submissive, and I don't want a woman who just goes along with EVERYTHING I say. Everything should be talked about and compromised upon.
things can happen, your partner may change her mind. maybe something is wrong with the fetus. and she decides she doesn't want to carry it to term. or maybe her life will be put in danger if she does carry to term. so she may decide to terminate the pregnancy.

it is her body and her choice. tho i do think that the sperm donor does have the right to be informed of the pregnancy and that she plans on terminating it.

that is my opinion. and i know that others on here disagree.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#223614 May 30, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> And I never said I couldn't take the heat. As a matter of fact I'll stick my hand in the water that's boiling on the stove.
if you are a senior in high school and you would stick your unprotected hand in a pot of boiling liquid.......you should be under psychiatric care.

that is a professional opinion.

Location hidden

#223615 May 30, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
if you are a senior in high school and you would stick your unprotected hand in a pot of boiling liquid.......you should be under psychiatric care.
that is a professional opinion.
I meant it in a metaphorical sense.

Location hidden

#223616 May 30, 2012
Roadrunner wrote:
You wouldn't let that happen (obesity)? You do sound like quite the arrogant silly little boy you are. Again trying to assert your control over someone elses body and life.
And no pregnancy is guaranteed to make it to a live birth, or be free of health problems. Pregnancy is a very serious health issue, and any number of things can happen to a woman that would threaten her life while pregnant. Having an abortion is much safer, health wise, than going through a pregnancy and child birth.
And deaths do happen with child birth even when there was nothing to indicate something was wrong leading up to labor and delivery.<quoted text>
I didn't mean "won't allow" in the sense that I will try to be domineering, I meant that I would constantly be encouraging her to be concious of the decisions she makes regarding her health. I plan to live a VERY long time (if I don't get shot overseas first), so I don't need the person with whom I'm spending the rest of my life dying at 50.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Walled Lake, MI

#223617 May 30, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't know what he's talking about. If he did, his 13 year old wouldn't have been running the the G-- Damn show and coming home to daddy to tell him of her impending {lol} "blessing."
I keep waiting for Mr. Genius Dad of the Year aka Super Dick to ask some of us, "How did you keep your daughters safe from getting knocked up at 13?"
Some of us actually have the ANSWER for that.
Something is lacking there. A 13-yr-girl doesn't go out and decide to have sex if there isn't something wrong somewhere. They just don't. Either he wasn't as good of a father as he thinks or his daughter was not the girl he thinks she was. Either way, my dad would've kicked my ass for having sex and getting pregnant. And he would have been rightful in doing so.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#223618 May 30, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
Roadrunner, in case you've failed to notice, I've changed my position on this issue, and have RETRACTED all of the statements on this thread except those concerning the issue specified in the posts on the previous (I think) page. So, please quit criticizing me for things for which I've already admitted I'm WRONG. I've been criticized for them already, I've criticized MYSELF, and I've taken responsibility for them (NOT the LightForce's posts because I'm NOT LightForce despite what SOME people want to think). I'd like it if we just move on......
IF you have been on topix for months as you have stated, then you know that posts are posted in order they are typed. one cannot know [unless the poster has a membership to the psychic network] that you posted you had changed your position.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#223619 May 30, 2012
Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
The website you referenced CLEARLY indicated that the victim has to be the one pressing charges.
The victim has to be the one to press charges in this state. I couldn't be the one to press charges.
Besides, you morons, I TOOK ACTION TO PROTECT HER AND MY GRANDSON.
when you go to a doctor and sign the forms, you will notice under the line [or next to it] there is a statement PARENT/GUARDIAN IF PATIENT IS A MINOR..........

can you guess why that is?

here is a clue M-I-N-O-R!

it isn't just confined to medical things!!!!!!!!!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#223621 May 30, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> I meant it in a metaphorical sense.
you didn't state it as that. i do not have a membership to the psychic network.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#223622 May 30, 2012
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Something is lacking there. A 13-yr-girl doesn't go out and decide to have sex if there isn't something wrong somewhere. They just don't. Either he wasn't as good of a father as he thinks or his daughter was not the girl he thinks she was. Either way, my dad would've kicked my ass for having sex and getting pregnant. And he would have been rightful in doing so.
Sorry, but I think the "kick your ass for getting pregnant" attitude is as stupid and destructive as the "I'm just not paying attention to my kids because it's too much trouble" one.
If you'd gotten pregnant at 13 it would mean your parents were as lousy as he is, not that YOU would deserve to be assaulted.
Orange County blues

Kissimmee, FL

#223623 May 30, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> With that post, I was more or less referring to how most guys (especially my age) think that it's the ONLY important thing in a relationship.
Then it's not a relationship if it's all about and only about sex.

However, sex IS a very important and vital part of a truly healthy and committed relationship and sex is NOT only about sex. It is about physical intimacy having nothing to do with sex acts themselves, passion, vulnerability and trust.

Yes, guys your age have raging hormones and often desire the pleasure and release that sexual involvement brings but who don't feel ready for the emotional and/or intellectual facets of a truly committed and substantial relationship.

And if I'm not mistaken, you're 17 or 18 years old and at that age, I don't think most people- male or female- are ready for a committed relationship and one in which they promise to be with only one person the rest of their lives.

However, that is not to say that people should refrain from sexual activity until they are emotionally and intellectually ready for a committed relationship, but I am not advocating promiscuity either, but as most people around your age start to have sex, if they are going to, they need to do all they can to insure that no unwanted pregnancies take place in addition to practicing safe sex in order to prevent STDs.

But with many people- and young people especially, it can be said in a very general way that men give love for sex and women give sex for love.

So no matter the age of the people involved, I think it can only be of mutual benefit to both parties involved to do all they can to insure that they are on the same page with their expectations.

And also no matter the age, it should be discussed BEFOREHAND what both parties would want to have happen in the case of an unwanted pregnancy.

If the woman says that she would get an abortion if an unwanted pregnancy resulted and if the man is adamantly opposed to that choice and that option of women, the man can then keep his pants zipped and choose NOT to have sex with a woman who would consider or have an abortion.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Walled Lake, MI

#223624 May 30, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but I think the "kick your ass for getting pregnant" attitude is as stupid and destructive as the "I'm just not paying attention to my kids because it's too much trouble" one.
If you'd gotten pregnant at 13 it would mean your parents were as lousy as he is, not that YOU would deserve to be assaulted.
I wasn't being literal. My dad wouldn't have beaten me for getting pregnant, but there would have been serious repercussions. It was more of an exaggerated phrase...kinda like being angry and saying, "I could just kill someone."

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#223625 May 30, 2012
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't being literal. My dad wouldn't have beaten me for getting pregnant, but there would have been serious repercussions. It was more of an exaggerated phrase...kinda like being angry and saying, "I could just kill someone."
AH! I see. Sorry, but I've known too many for whom it was literal. Knee-jerk thing.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#223626 May 30, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
Roadrunner, in case you've failed to notice, I've changed my position on this issue, and have RETRACTED all of the statements on this thread except those concerning the issue specified in the posts on the previous (I think) page. So, please quit criticizing me for things for which I've already admitted I'm WRONG. I've been criticized for them already, I've criticized MYSELF, and I've taken responsibility for them (NOT the LightForce's posts because I'm NOT LightForce despite what SOME people want to think). I'd like it if we just move on......
Just a guess on my part, but if Roadrunner started reading this a little behind,she would be seeing the ones that she posted on first,and will only get to your newest ones well after you have had a chance to read this...

“Ignorance won't topple science”

Since: Jan 11

Terra, Sol

#223627 May 30, 2012
HELL IS COMING wrote:
WAKE UP U DEADBEAT EVIL BABY KILLERS AND FORNICATORS!
HELL IS COMING!!!!!!
LOOK AT UR FUTURE! TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT THE TOP PIC FROM THE LINK PROVIDED.
http://subversify.com/2011/06/10/is-google-ce ...
HELL IS COMING!!!!!!!!!
Let it. You'll find that us humans are more than capable of dealing with phantasms, especially phantasms of our own creation.

By the way, have you had your head checked recently? I'm guessing "no." If you had, you'd probably be aware of the degree of "raving lunatic" you come here portraying yourself as.
john

Perris, CA

#223628 May 30, 2012
Johnny wrote:
"There is Everything Wrong with Abortion"
Only if you are a far-right wing, fundamentalist Christian loony with the IQ of a peanut...
....murder is murder johnny! christian or not!!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

West Bloomfield, MI

#223629 May 30, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>AH! I see. Sorry, but I've known too many for whom it was literal. Knee-jerk thing.
It's okay...lol. You're right...there definitely are those out there who wouldn't be kidding. But for me it was fear, but not of physical violence or anything of the sort. My father would have been so disappointed in me and to me, that's worse than if he would've struck me. To me, anyway.

Location hidden

#223630 May 30, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>....murder is murder johnny! christian or not!!
Forcing a woman to go through with a potentially life-endangering pregnancy is murder, too.

Location hidden

#223631 May 30, 2012
pro choice!! haters keep hatin! let people make their own decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Regina 654,218
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 973,867
Gays snapchat usernames 10 min Timmberg97 19
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min who 281,905
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min ROCCO 64,202
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Annaleigh 106,562
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 58 min Catcher1 9,376
More from around the web