Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#141397 Jan 3, 2010
Epiphany2 wrote:
Whoa....
I just checked the top right corner of TOPIX and it said "I Got ripped in 4 weeks" and a young buffed man is on the page....
What's next??
Shalom
You just now noticed him...he's been there for a couple of days!

“Ryan. i love u & i miss u”

Since: Nov 08

michigan

#141398 Jan 3, 2010
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good afternoon Ham, Hip, Gary and Ms Buzzie, how're you all today?
i'm good how are you

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#141399 Jan 3, 2010
......and no matter how far away from God we get, He will always be there, even in darkness, to nourish us. "...BUT WHOEVER DRINKS THE WATER I GIVE HIM WILL NEVER THIRST. INDEED, THE WATER I GIVE HIM WILL BECOME IN HIM A SPRING OF WATER WELLING UP TO ETERNAL LIFE" (John 4:13-14).
trebor

United States

#141400 Jan 3, 2010
Que Avanza 8 wrote:
In order to conserve posts... one big group, lop-sided hug:
(((LIT, Truths, EPI, OYE, Micah, Trebor, HU, LL, Scott, LIP, MWD, Steve, AJ, Ham, Rebekah, CC, Crusade, Norcal in abstentia, Fish, Phae, OSG, TSG, Auburn, 70'sC, JT, Drew, Isis, Irrira, Dr., Beavis, HG, CBart, C2no, Kay, Gary, Dave, Hardscape, 2EyesWO, Ms. Buzzie, Educator, and Anyone else I missed...)))))
EPI's the one throwing the balance off with those pillows.

“God Bless America”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#141401 Jan 3, 2010
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Steve~ KNOWING that we all have survived much worse things and that many have such horrid things they are STILL going through ... ARE what keeps me going forward waitng for it to pass.
Love,deb~
I am sorry to hear of your troubles. You have my prayers that things will get better. Just remember God is in control. I know it is hard to do, but try to place your cares on Him and He will take care of you. Remem,ber one day at a time. I'm here if you need to talk.

In Christian Love,
Stewie

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#141402 Jan 3, 2010
Que Avanza 8 wrote:
In order to conserve posts... one big group, lop-sided hug:
(((LIT, Truths, EPI, OYE, Micah, Trebor, HU, LL, Scott, LIP, MWD, Steve, AJ, Ham, Rebekah, CC, Crusade, Norcal in abstentia, Fish, Phae, OSG, TSG, Auburn, 70'sC, JT, Drew, Isis, Irrira, Dr., Beavis, HG, CBart, C2no, Kay, Gary, Dave, Hardscape, 2EyesWO, Ms. Buzzie, Educator, and Anyone else I missed...)))))
Hey...Since LIT was first...you squeezed him into Deb...Me...and OYE....

Where is my Purse?????

Shalom

“...so I can see you.”

Love Conquers All

#141403 Jan 3, 2010
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, I'm only the second best, after yourself,
I don't do questions, most gracious lady.
Just edit when it is required of me.
Why, thank you, so kind of you to say so,
and astute.

:D

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#141404 Jan 3, 2010
trebor wrote:
<quoted text>So did you order one?
If she waits till next month she can buy one get one free and they will make one of the installment payments for ya. Plus there is a money back guarantee. You will however have to pay shipping and handling on both.
Que Avanza 8

Charlotte, NC

#141405 Jan 3, 2010
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
((((((ANNIE))))))
JT sent me an email with a concern for me and a very good prayer ~
I admitted having needed the prayer (c: As for it being posted here...well.....I guess I AM stubborn and would RATHER it not have been so public or dreadful sounding...
I would rather be seen as someone who hopes to serve others IN GODS service~ instead of someone who brings others down./c:
I think it is a spiritual thing...BUT also maybe a bit of a pride thing.... like...
If YOU ALL don't know how crappy I feel...then I can come on here and BE useful and 'NoRmAl' instead of a drag.
I PICKED THE WRONG LIFE to QUIT smoking!!!! BUT I will be OKAY SOON!!! I choose NOW~ BUT THAT IS not WORKING OUT SO GOOD FOR ME...
Once my sleep patterns get better....
Love to YOU sister friend~
Love and thanks to all of you really~
deb~
I'm not even sure why you feel embarrassed... you're not being a drag... just human like the rest of us.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#141406 Jan 3, 2010
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do questions, missy.
Just edit.
THE BEST????

LoL

Shalom
Que Avanza 8

Charlotte, NC

#141407 Jan 3, 2010
trebor wrote:
<quoted text>EPI's the one throwing the balance off with those pillows.
I'm gonna leave that one alone...:)
trebor

United States

#141408 Jan 3, 2010
trebor wrote:
<quoted text>Strom? Your 'foodian" slip is showing.
Yes it is, thank you. We're still expecting grandson no.2(like the pencil) any minute now. Ruthan's out with her sisters celebrating her birthday. She's forty ten today. So, it's me and the boys, eating all the food and making a mess so she'll feel needed when she gets home. Besides, we got a new fridge coming this week so we gotta empty the old one.

Happy new year to you,
trebor

“...so I can see you.”

Love Conquers All

#141409 Jan 3, 2010
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey OYE, I almost missed greeting youm in my salutation rounds, LOL!
Yes, I wasn't going to say anything...

:)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#141410 Jan 3, 2010
Que Avanza 8 wrote:
<quoted text>((((Hi Truths))) In most cases, after quitting smoking, it is normal what you are going through... In the link a person is asking Alice about depression after quitting cigarettes...
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1177.html
Here are some choices for quit smoking support groups...
http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/support/Quit_...
Thank YOU brother~ Internet sites have been a most helpful asset in getting as far as I have. I am a member of different rooms in order to GIVE help to some not as far along in their quit too(c:
KNOWING that others survive QUITTING helps A LOT of people to sustain the quit.
KNOWING that God has provided me friends here ONLINE to come to .... and some church members too HAS REALLY REALLY helped.

God Bless You and everyone here ~

Love,deb~

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#141411 Jan 3, 2010
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate the shout-back.
Both you and OYE's response re:"reformed" are a trifle off of my intentions in the use of the term.
It is no coincidence that they also tend to be politically active. Again, arising from the 60's, these young people were not only hedonistic, but also politically active. Now they are idealistic, and politically active, AND with the added fun of a belief that infuses their thoughts with eschatological concerns. Sorry, makes me nervous.
That's a rough nutshell of why I am skeptical of born-againers as a group. To top it all off, they bring this conviction of certainty to a brand new theological focus, acting as if Jesus offered this born-again as a central tenet of the faith, rather than simply an analogy as a spiritual lesson. Listen - we've seen it in these very rooms - there are more than one here that has insisted with spittle-flecked zeal that one MUST be born again, asking others, "Have you been born-again?", as if it is a sacramental rite. I have seen entire denominations, making up fully half of the world's Christians, denounced as lost, and why? Well, because they are not "born-again", of course!
Do you see what I mean? They have only created a new theology - one of the most common pitfalls of faith - they have created yet another works theology. For me this is a central tenet of Jesus' intent - to show the futility of works as an exclusive means to elevate and enlighten the soul. I've said it perhaps too many times - but this is >exactly< why Jesus never set his words to writing. We've got a current example - we've got an entire theological pillar based on, NOT a passage, but a couple of words from within that passage.
I should also mention that my perspective also includes the fact that I can recall prior to the born-again movement's existence, recall when it first arose as a new way to reach out to the "lost" of the 60's, and watched as it matured into a mass movement, spawning political involvement, beginning with the 1980 election. Because I saw it's birth and rise in my lifetime, it is hard for me to see acolytes today professing that this was central to inclusion in Jesus' ministry and purpose. I have never before seen a people build whole theologies on such puny evidence. If they were to sit down and cite what their faith is built upon, I doubt their Biblical knowledge could fill a duo-fold pamphlet, yet they inveigh against people whom, we know by their fruits, are the "Christians" the accusers can only hope to be.
Jesus loves me because I pay attention.
>grin<
H
Oh I understand what you're saying. This, I feel, has been done in the past with such terminology as saved, once saved - always saved, free-will, among others. While "born again" is strictly a term used, as the others are, the term is merely superficial and their principles should be thoroughly delved into.
It seems that too many that are truly searching just jump on any available band wagon because something sounds good. Reminds me of lemmings going over a cliff. But if we knock, search, and ask, I believe God will lead us in the correct way. It all brings me back to Proverbs 3:5,6, which I'm sure you know.
Oh believe me, I don't have anything that puts me on a higher plane (physical or spiritual) than anyone. I earnestly seek to know truth, revealed and unrevealed,'cause I do want to more like Jesus every single day.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#141412 Jan 3, 2010
trebor wrote:
<quoted text>Is the chin strap on my toupee showing again?
ha HA! tuck it in under yur' beard~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#141413 Jan 3, 2010
Open Your Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, thank you, so kind of you to say so,
and astute.
:D
LOL.....Funny

((*L*))

Shalom
trebor

United States

#141414 Jan 3, 2010
OOPS, that was meant for you,Lawest, not me.
Que Avanza 8

Charlotte, NC

#141415 Jan 3, 2010
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...Since LIT was first...you squeezed him into Deb...Me...and OYE....
Where is my Purse?????
Shalom
You forgot to bring it with you again..:)

“RELATIONSHIP NOT RELIGION”

Since: Aug 09

USA

#141416 Jan 3, 2010
Doctor Reality wrote:
<quoted text>You just have to ignore them. And it's so much easier on the internet because you're not in an actual room with them. If that were the case,you'd have to get up and leave,or show them to the door. On the 'net,it's as simple as scrolling past the comments you don't want to be bothered with. If you don't want to get too upset,you shouldn't allow your eyes to become too involved into reading what they say. That's when the mind,and often times the devil,become more involved.
Thanks Doctor Reality..
I prayed about this and istead of giving them a human answer, I simply put more of God's word on there. I only talk to the ones' who are sincere..I understand that those others are lost and don't want to hear about Jesus. It is there for them if they change their mind :)...God Bless You

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Just Think 17,380
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 20 min andet1987 86
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 983,251
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,421
K9.....remembering.... 3 hr knightsdolive 1
getting pregnant by much older man 3 hr knightsdolive 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 7 hr lovekiki 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 hr Robert F 683,926
More from around the web