Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#123798 Nov 24, 2009
Ham wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hick-Up..Thanks for your response..
I had no knowledge of the history between you and the Doc..I was simply responding to your response to him..On the face of it so to speak..Anger erupts when our egos are bruised.. "I am hurt, My opinions are not being heard." When injustice and sin occur we should become angry because others are hurt. But we should not become angry when we fail to win an argument or we feel offended or neglected. Selfish anger never helps anybody..
Only you can know.. It is possible to be angry before one even reads a post..merely by our existing feelings for the other person..All we need is a trigger..The anger is already there..Being angry is not a sin..It is what we do with it..
All I was responding to was the tone of anger in your response..Others may not agree..But, that is just me..I like to trust my feelings...
So, my friend if you honestly feel that injustice has been done..That the Doc has harmed or hurt others then you do have every right to feel angry.. This is one way of defending other people..I suspect Jesus became a bit angry when he witnessed folks being hurt..I dunno..
This might be a fine line to draw..But, nevertheless, I did detect an element of anger in your response to Doc.. And there is also the possibility that this is what Doc intended..I have no way of knowing. I am not familiar with the history of Doc..
Continue to defend the downtrodden and what Jesus called the orphans..
Hope this helps..
Ham
Very Wise....Ham

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

—Galatians 5:22-

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123799 Nov 24, 2009
trebor wrote:
<quoted text>Liquid bread makes me feel like a man.
Pass the pretzels.
If you are like this NOW....I can imagine what a rabble rouser your were before you found God's Salvation....LOL

(I'll bet with your 7 kids you ALL have a great time together)

God Bless robert spelled backwards....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123801 Nov 24, 2009
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I am available for math tutoring. I've done it over the phone. I can do it over the internet, too, I'm sure.
Isn't that "conflict of interest"?

LOL

Just kidding....Share your wealth of knowledge

To God be ALL the Glory!!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#123802 Nov 24, 2009
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, So many things just look impossible. Sometimes I wonder how I will make it through this trial or how will we survive or where is this problem leading? But, when I stop concentrating on the problem and look to You and Your promises, I am relieved. For I know that all things are possible through You. You are in control and will make all things work to the good for those who love You. Thank You for those promises and for the "breath of fresh air" I feel in knowing You are here with me, for me, and in me through Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen and thank you. I needed this ,this morning.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123803 Nov 24, 2009
Irrira Rikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Dave... and Isis Rising,
There is such a flood at the moment, since God poured out His Spirit amongst all mankind! Some prophesy, dream dreams, have vision,s etc. and like everything – where some use and abuse - the real, are not taken seriously. This is when they 'keep going' regardless.
Others reject the whole notion of such a pouring out of God's Spirit, as pure fantasy, delusional... anything but right. It reaches a point when only the Truth will be the Proof of all these things, and nothing we quote over and over again from any Bible version at length, can change it.
But a good way of looking at 'the days of Noah' is that in those days the world 'was of one tongue'. This is what is being pushed for in the New World Order, of, one language, one currency. And while we speak here it's going on under the tables.(Or is it called 'behind the curtains of deceit?')
'Isis Rising' had a point. The reason Jesus said that 'no man can know that day...' etc. is because, the whole Plan - God's Plan – requires team effort. Just as did the plan when Jesus was a part of it when on earth. Without everyone in that day - being the time within the Plan then - nothing would have happened. He, God, uses whom He will, right?
Peace to you both.
Irrira
The "Outpouring of the Holy Spirit" came upon me in a revealing dream about 15 years ago. Life has NOT been the same since!!

To GOD be the Glory

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123804 Nov 24, 2009
Life is Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Amen and thank you. I needed this ,this morning.
God LOVES you Sister!!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123805 Nov 24, 2009
imperfectmom wrote:
<quoted text>
That's alright. It's my fault for such a procrastinator.
Hi.... Procrastinator I.....meet Procrastinator II

Hey that sounds like a good name for a movie.....

"The Procrastinator"....anybod y want to write the screen play?

(Yea.....I'll get right on it)

LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123806 Nov 24, 2009
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dawn. You are just too sweet. I thank God for the gifts and talents He has loaned me. I suppose I'm even more grateful for my desire to help others. I'm pretty selfish at times, though,'cause I want my Clemson Tigers to win, I want my students to do well, I want to be the best sports official on the courts and fields, but most of all I want to be like Jesus and show Him to the world. He did die for us, after all.
THAT just about say's it ALL....doesn't it?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123807 Nov 24, 2009
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well, I am, and giving Him all the glory. God wants us to know Him more and more and more. We just gotta listen.
Somebody post that song, please.
"I want to know You more."
Thanks for asking, and you?
OK...Teach

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123808 Nov 24, 2009
James Terry wrote:
Hey just one more thing to think about. During the time of Gods judgement were not going to be here any way.
LOL....

Go to BED JT....

God Bless

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123809 Nov 24, 2009
Irrira Rikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Me again!
Wonder where so many would be in the last days without any threads?
I love your name, and in a language I know it's sounds very close! But you should have been called Inspector Res...
Inspector Clouseau.....

(Pink Panther......LOL)

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#123810 Nov 24, 2009
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about CLemson "orange"....Tiger?
LOL
Amen, Sister. My blood runneth orange.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123811 Nov 24, 2009
Irrira Rikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HipG,
You say it all just in 'Peace, in Knowledge & Truth'
'Truth' is the rider in my painting clip used. Knowlege, is why it was chosen as a theme. And like all these times and more times which history goes through; even I baulk (or pick up on,) when it just doesn't feel right.
But just like the dove of Peace - cut off from the cropped corner of the whole picture - so do some make their judgements only from what is seen in a snippit. Yet it's all linked.
May you recieve what you give.
Irrira
Wow...What a salutation....

"May you receive what you give"

I Like that.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#123812 Nov 24, 2009
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve...You know my story so I won't go into it but truth of the matter is that I would still be carrying around my anger, pain and guilt if someone hadn't kicked my butt one day and said....
Let go - let God - and then I wouldn't have to. I needed that kick in the butt.
I was also told at the same time...why did I think that I had to do God's work...is it not his job to deal with the sins of others. I was told that I was being egotistical. Who was I to decide who was to blame and what punishment that needed to be handed out.
I wish that I had quit trying to play God sooner...I wouldn't have spent all of those years punishing the wrong person.
When I "Let go - Let God" it made room for so much more.
I know it is none of my business but if someone had not said it to me...I would still be walking around all that guilt and pain. I was angry at the time for someone "sticking their nose in my business" but in looking back it was an act of love. I am so greatful that someone "kicked me in the butt".
BTW...good morning Steve...I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
LOL....

But some people you can "kick" and "kick" and "kick" and you STILL don't get their ATTENTION!!!!

I guess that's when we "Let go.....and LET GOD"

Thanks Annie for sharing that

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#123813 Nov 24, 2009
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>>smile here< well played, well played.
You have obviously put a lot of study into this. At risk of sounding gratuitous, I still say freely that I respect your intelligence.
But, yep, I be cursed with that carnal mind thingee. Stipulated - no further discussion necessary.
Nonetheless, I can't help but wonder if circumspection is wanted.
Arguments - I believe if I had been an adult in 1968 America, it would have seemed that the end was being played out. If I had lived in 1938 Europe, I might have thought likewise. The Black Plague also comes to mind. If I had lived in 70CE Jerusalem, there would have been no doubt. It is no coincidence that Christian apocalyptic literature arose in the period immediately following the destruction of the Temple, and this all finding tilled soil from the Judean apocalyptics that flourished following the Babylonian exile and still in full flame at the turn of the millenia. Of course there are singularities unique to our times, but so there were in these others above.
The prophecies that lead one to make such calculations are so vague, so tenuous in nature, and so broadly applicable, that the slightest puff shakes them at the base. I wonder if there is a generation in the last 2000 years that could not have been arranged to fit?
In addition are the prophecies that have yet to take place. I refer often to Ezekiel 29:15, that actually appears on most "prophecy come true" lists. It refers to Egypt being laid low and humiliated, never to achieve again her former power and glory. It is said that this certainly has come to pass. However, it is only by excising this one verse from a multi-verse passage (29:1-16)that makes it possible. Taken in full context, there is much more to the entire prophecy, and as such, has demonstrably not occurred as yet. It is this sort of selectivism that makes one very leery of prophecy as she is played by the house rules.
But, as you say, we have been given the ace to trump all such discussions - Only God knows.
As the dude with the funny beard said, with malice toward none, and charity to all, so I say
Peace, in Knowledge & Truth.
HipG
Acknowledged, my dear kind sir.

And you know what, Hip? The grand thing is, that in light of all that has and will be said, it still ain't too late.

Even more profound is that it seems that there is a power out there that strives to get us to focus our attention on the wrong things, not that eschatology should be ignored, but I believe God wants us to focus more on the Savior than the signs, whatever they may be.

So, with all this and that in mind, I find it most gratifying to strive to be more like Jesus, love like Jesus, and Brag on God.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Dade City, FL

#123814 Nov 24, 2009
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, RA. Just as a side note, I believe that we are in the last days. I also believe, as you have stated God's Word says, that no one knows the day or the hour, but I believe that we are in the season. I've studied the seventy weeks prophecy, and many believe that the church age, or the time of the Gentiles, or this present age is an interruption of the 70 week prophecy, with the interruption beginning at the end of the 69th week.
With this in mind I am inclined to believe that we are indeed in the last days. Jesus did say that the signs would be obvious, and to me, they are. So I've taken it upon myself to look for the Savior. I've also studied the Papal lineage, and some believe there will only be 212 popes with Benedict XVI being Pope 211 (I'm bringing this only from memory, so I could be mistaken).
Additionally, I have studied the resprouting of the fig tree (rebirth of Israel) told of by Jesus Himself and of the generation that witnessed this historical event in 1948 not perishing before His return. The word generation can mean 70 years and that added to 1948 equals 2018 but the 70th week or the 7 year Tribulation has to be accounted for if you are a pre-trib rapture believer. Therefore, 2018 minus 7 is 2011. This is taught by some prophecy teachers, not that I necessarily believe it to be fact, but is very possible.
So, with all the studying I've personally done plus all the teaching of the prophecies I've read, I've come to the conclusion that, only God knows.
I agree. We should be ready to meet the Lord Jesus at all times! When it happens does not matter to me. A brother and I were talking about this last summer when I was driving at the airport. His thinking was since the min. the Lord Jesus rose from the dead, we have been in the last days. We know not what this day will bring. Be ready. God bless.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#123815 Nov 24, 2009
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...Teach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SjdL3svAwrkXX
That's the song, but I like this version beccause of what is at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#123816 Nov 24, 2009
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We should be ready to meet the Lord Jesus at all times! When it happens does not matter to me. A brother and I were talking about this last summer when I was driving at the airport. His thinking was since the min. the Lord Jesus rose from the dead, we have been in the last days. We know not what this day will bring. Be ready. God bless.
Good morning Chris. Hope all is well with you and yours.

I agree with what you said. We should be ready to meet the Lord at any and all times. It really doesn't matter to me when it happens, just knowing that it is going to happen is enough for me to be ready. I believe that's why God keeps it a secret. To keep us focused on Him and to keep us always ready.

Unlike something like say Thanksgiving. We know when Thanksgiving will be so we can put off till the last minute the things we need to get done before that day happens. To put off God like that has eternal consequences.

I also agree with what you said about the last days began when Jesus Christ rose from the dead and then ascended to Heaven on the day of Pentecost. Everything was in order for Him to return at any time after that and whenever God chooses.

Hope you and Janice have a great Thanksgiving.

God bless you my Brother in Christ.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#123817 Nov 24, 2009
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Read what I wrote again there Skomoblis I said quote: "It could be today, it could be a long time off" which is what anyone would say that doesn't know (not it would be). That doesn't mean I don't believe we are in the last days because I do (which I also said when I said It could be today). Everything has been accomplished for Jesus Christ to return for His Church.
Your little attempt at making it look like I said it "WOULD BE A LONG TIME OFF" (when what I said was IT COULD BE, AS IN "NOBODY KNOWS") along with your attempt at drawing me into a confrontation has failed miserably.
Now run along and try to find someone else to get into a confrontation with.
Um...someone who truly believed we were in our last days wouldn't think it was even a possibility that it could be a long way off!

C'mon Johnny, nobody falls for your smoke and mirror act. Once again, your own words have lifted back the curtain.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Dade City, FL

#123818 Nov 24, 2009
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Chris. Hope all is well with you and yours.
I agree with what you said. We should be ready to meet the Lord at any and all times. It really doesn't matter to me when it happens, just knowing that it is going to happen is enough for me to be ready. I believe that's why God keeps it a secret. To keep us focused on Him and to keep us always ready.
Unlike something like say Thanksgiving. We know when Thanksgiving will be so we can put off till the last minute the things we need to get done before that day happens. To put off God like that has eternal consequences.
I also agree with what you said about the last days began when Jesus Christ rose from the dead and then ascended to Heaven on the day of Pentecost. Everything was in order for Him to return at any time after that and whenever God chooses.
Hope you and Janice have a great Thanksgiving.
God bless you my Brother in Christ.
Hey bro. You too! I know many people have a gift or ministry of end times, but like you said we should be ready. Sadly, a few days ago here 2 people were hit by driver that didn't stop. One young lady, down for Thanksgiving, died yesterday. Oh, to see things as God does. I'm very thankful. Mom and Dad are driving down from Knoxville. Gods love my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Redeemed 104,763
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min scientia potentia... 38,705
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 min DENG 38,420
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min RoSesz 641,884
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min LAWEST100 44,457
Play "end of the word" part 2 34 min ImFree2Choose 1,738
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min spider1954 970,109
More from around the web