Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#123811 Nov 24, 2009
Irrira Rikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HipG,
You say it all just in 'Peace, in Knowledge & Truth'
'Truth' is the rider in my painting clip used. Knowlege, is why it was chosen as a theme. And like all these times and more times which history goes through; even I baulk (or pick up on,) when it just doesn't feel right.
But just like the dove of Peace - cut off from the cropped corner of the whole picture - so do some make their judgements only from what is seen in a snippit. Yet it's all linked.
May you recieve what you give.
Irrira
Wow...What a salutation....

"May you receive what you give"

I Like that.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#123812 Nov 24, 2009
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve...You know my story so I won't go into it but truth of the matter is that I would still be carrying around my anger, pain and guilt if someone hadn't kicked my butt one day and said....
Let go - let God - and then I wouldn't have to. I needed that kick in the butt.
I was also told at the same time...why did I think that I had to do God's work...is it not his job to deal with the sins of others. I was told that I was being egotistical. Who was I to decide who was to blame and what punishment that needed to be handed out.
I wish that I had quit trying to play God sooner...I wouldn't have spent all of those years punishing the wrong person.
When I "Let go - Let God" it made room for so much more.
I know it is none of my business but if someone had not said it to me...I would still be walking around all that guilt and pain. I was angry at the time for someone "sticking their nose in my business" but in looking back it was an act of love. I am so greatful that someone "kicked me in the butt".
BTW...good morning Steve...I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
LOL....

But some people you can "kick" and "kick" and "kick" and you STILL don't get their ATTENTION!!!!

I guess that's when we "Let go.....and LET GOD"

Thanks Annie for sharing that

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#123813 Nov 24, 2009
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>>smile here< well played, well played.
You have obviously put a lot of study into this. At risk of sounding gratuitous, I still say freely that I respect your intelligence.
But, yep, I be cursed with that carnal mind thingee. Stipulated - no further discussion necessary.
Nonetheless, I can't help but wonder if circumspection is wanted.
Arguments - I believe if I had been an adult in 1968 America, it would have seemed that the end was being played out. If I had lived in 1938 Europe, I might have thought likewise. The Black Plague also comes to mind. If I had lived in 70CE Jerusalem, there would have been no doubt. It is no coincidence that Christian apocalyptic literature arose in the period immediately following the destruction of the Temple, and this all finding tilled soil from the Judean apocalyptics that flourished following the Babylonian exile and still in full flame at the turn of the millenia. Of course there are singularities unique to our times, but so there were in these others above.
The prophecies that lead one to make such calculations are so vague, so tenuous in nature, and so broadly applicable, that the slightest puff shakes them at the base. I wonder if there is a generation in the last 2000 years that could not have been arranged to fit?
In addition are the prophecies that have yet to take place. I refer often to Ezekiel 29:15, that actually appears on most "prophecy come true" lists. It refers to Egypt being laid low and humiliated, never to achieve again her former power and glory. It is said that this certainly has come to pass. However, it is only by excising this one verse from a multi-verse passage (29:1-16)that makes it possible. Taken in full context, there is much more to the entire prophecy, and as such, has demonstrably not occurred as yet. It is this sort of selectivism that makes one very leery of prophecy as she is played by the house rules.
But, as you say, we have been given the ace to trump all such discussions - Only God knows.
As the dude with the funny beard said, with malice toward none, and charity to all, so I say
Peace, in Knowledge & Truth.
HipG
Acknowledged, my dear kind sir.

And you know what, Hip? The grand thing is, that in light of all that has and will be said, it still ain't too late.

Even more profound is that it seems that there is a power out there that strives to get us to focus our attention on the wrong things, not that eschatology should be ignored, but I believe God wants us to focus more on the Savior than the signs, whatever they may be.

So, with all this and that in mind, I find it most gratifying to strive to be more like Jesus, love like Jesus, and Brag on God.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Dade City, FL

#123814 Nov 24, 2009
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, RA. Just as a side note, I believe that we are in the last days. I also believe, as you have stated God's Word says, that no one knows the day or the hour, but I believe that we are in the season. I've studied the seventy weeks prophecy, and many believe that the church age, or the time of the Gentiles, or this present age is an interruption of the 70 week prophecy, with the interruption beginning at the end of the 69th week.
With this in mind I am inclined to believe that we are indeed in the last days. Jesus did say that the signs would be obvious, and to me, they are. So I've taken it upon myself to look for the Savior. I've also studied the Papal lineage, and some believe there will only be 212 popes with Benedict XVI being Pope 211 (I'm bringing this only from memory, so I could be mistaken).
Additionally, I have studied the resprouting of the fig tree (rebirth of Israel) told of by Jesus Himself and of the generation that witnessed this historical event in 1948 not perishing before His return. The word generation can mean 70 years and that added to 1948 equals 2018 but the 70th week or the 7 year Tribulation has to be accounted for if you are a pre-trib rapture believer. Therefore, 2018 minus 7 is 2011. This is taught by some prophecy teachers, not that I necessarily believe it to be fact, but is very possible.
So, with all the studying I've personally done plus all the teaching of the prophecies I've read, I've come to the conclusion that, only God knows.
I agree. We should be ready to meet the Lord Jesus at all times! When it happens does not matter to me. A brother and I were talking about this last summer when I was driving at the airport. His thinking was since the min. the Lord Jesus rose from the dead, we have been in the last days. We know not what this day will bring. Be ready. God bless.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#123815 Nov 24, 2009
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...Teach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SjdL3svAwrkXX
That's the song, but I like this version beccause of what is at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#123816 Nov 24, 2009
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We should be ready to meet the Lord Jesus at all times! When it happens does not matter to me. A brother and I were talking about this last summer when I was driving at the airport. His thinking was since the min. the Lord Jesus rose from the dead, we have been in the last days. We know not what this day will bring. Be ready. God bless.
Good morning Chris. Hope all is well with you and yours.

I agree with what you said. We should be ready to meet the Lord at any and all times. It really doesn't matter to me when it happens, just knowing that it is going to happen is enough for me to be ready. I believe that's why God keeps it a secret. To keep us focused on Him and to keep us always ready.

Unlike something like say Thanksgiving. We know when Thanksgiving will be so we can put off till the last minute the things we need to get done before that day happens. To put off God like that has eternal consequences.

I also agree with what you said about the last days began when Jesus Christ rose from the dead and then ascended to Heaven on the day of Pentecost. Everything was in order for Him to return at any time after that and whenever God chooses.

Hope you and Janice have a great Thanksgiving.

God bless you my Brother in Christ.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#123817 Nov 24, 2009
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Read what I wrote again there Skomoblis I said quote: "It could be today, it could be a long time off" which is what anyone would say that doesn't know (not it would be). That doesn't mean I don't believe we are in the last days because I do (which I also said when I said It could be today). Everything has been accomplished for Jesus Christ to return for His Church.
Your little attempt at making it look like I said it "WOULD BE A LONG TIME OFF" (when what I said was IT COULD BE, AS IN "NOBODY KNOWS") along with your attempt at drawing me into a confrontation has failed miserably.
Now run along and try to find someone else to get into a confrontation with.
Um...someone who truly believed we were in our last days wouldn't think it was even a possibility that it could be a long way off!

C'mon Johnny, nobody falls for your smoke and mirror act. Once again, your own words have lifted back the curtain.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Dade City, FL

#123818 Nov 24, 2009
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Chris. Hope all is well with you and yours.
I agree with what you said. We should be ready to meet the Lord at any and all times. It really doesn't matter to me when it happens, just knowing that it is going to happen is enough for me to be ready. I believe that's why God keeps it a secret. To keep us focused on Him and to keep us always ready.
Unlike something like say Thanksgiving. We know when Thanksgiving will be so we can put off till the last minute the things we need to get done before that day happens. To put off God like that has eternal consequences.
I also agree with what you said about the last days began when Jesus Christ rose from the dead and then ascended to Heaven on the day of Pentecost. Everything was in order for Him to return at any time after that and whenever God chooses.
Hope you and Janice have a great Thanksgiving.
God bless you my Brother in Christ.
Hey bro. You too! I know many people have a gift or ministry of end times, but like you said we should be ready. Sadly, a few days ago here 2 people were hit by driver that didn't stop. One young lady, down for Thanksgiving, died yesterday. Oh, to see things as God does. I'm very thankful. Mom and Dad are driving down from Knoxville. Gods love my friend.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#123819 Nov 24, 2009
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...someone who truly believed we were in our last days wouldn't think it was even a possibility that it could be a long way off!
C'mon Johnny, nobody falls for your smoke and mirror act. Once again, your own words have lifted back the curtain.
Your obsession with me is kind of creepy Skom. Go stalk someone else for a change, I'm not interested in you wanting to get into a confrontation. There are plenty of people on other threads that would love to go round and round with you. I'm not. Is that clear enough for you?

Go obsess about someone else.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#123820 Nov 24, 2009
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve...You know my story so I won't go into it but truth of the matter is that I would still be carrying around my anger, pain and guilt if someone hadn't kicked my butt one day and said....
Let go - let God - and then I wouldn't have to. I needed that kick in the butt.
I was also told at the same time...why did I think that I had to do God's work...is it not his job to deal with the sins of others. I was told that I was being egotistical. Who was I to decide who was to blame and what punishment that needed to be handed out.
I wish that I had quit trying to play God sooner...I wouldn't have spent all of those years punishing the wrong person.
When I "Let go - Let God" it made room for so much more.
I know it is none of my business but if someone had not said it to me...I would still be walking around all that guilt and pain. I was angry at the time for someone "sticking their nose in my business" but in looking back it was an act of love. I am so greatful that someone "kicked me in the butt".
BTW...good morning Steve...I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Annie,

I, like you, want this room to be open to everyone. Not just Christians. Not just Christians who others deem worthy of the title of Christian. Gary and Dave remained polite and kind despite the numerous attempts by John to ridicule them and create a confrontation. Perhaps instead of like so many before them who left because their views were not the norm and were made to feel that way, Gary and Dave saw the truth behind their would-be accuser and felt the support of the others in the room and that is why they stayed. I do believe we should turn over our anger to God, just not our responsibility to act.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving my friend:)
Ham

Watertown, WI

#123821 Nov 24, 2009
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...someone who truly believed we were in our last days wouldn't think it was even a possibility that it could be a long way off!
C'mon Johnny, nobody falls for your smoke and mirror act. Once again, your own words have lifted back the curtain.
Hi Steve..

Now for something Completely different..

The end times are coming..sooner than later..



Hope you enjoy..

Ham

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#123822 Nov 24, 2009
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bro. You too! I know many people have a gift or ministry of end times, but like you said we should be ready. Sadly, a few days ago here 2 people were hit by driver that didn't stop. One young lady, down for Thanksgiving, died yesterday. Oh, to see things as God does. I'm very thankful. Mom and Dad are driving down from Knoxville. Gods love my friend.
Just goes to show we just don't know when our time is up or when God plans to send His Son back. I believe the reason that God said "no man knows" is because He didn't want us dwelling on when it would happen. He would rather have us dwell on being ready for it whenever it happens.

To think, well I have all the time in the world to turn to God because I think it's a long time off or I know it's going to happen at this certain time is a gamble that I sure wouldn't want to take. Who's to say while thinking that way the same thing won't happen to you that sadly happened to the young lady you mentioned.

Glad to hear you will be with family for Thanksgiving. I hope God blesses the Holiday for you and yours.

God bless you my Brother in Christ.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#123823 Nov 24, 2009
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obsession with me is kind of creepy Skom. Go stalk someone else for a change, I'm not interested in you wanting to get into a confrontation. There are plenty of people on other threads that would love to go round and round with you. I'm not. Is that clear enough for you?
Go obsess about someone else.
I require no responses from you ever John. Please don't ever feel obligated to post to me. Your participation is not required nor desired in anything I do. My question to you was rhetorical as obviously there was only one explanation. Please do not feel the need to obsess over me and respond. Let's face it, there is nothing more that needs to be said.
Dave

Buffalo, NY

#123824 Nov 24, 2009
Not of this world,
You said:"Where's my book he talks about every day.
i went on line, but that's not handy for me.
The book, the book ... "

The book you might want to go to to find information about the Lords return being May 21 2011 would be the bible.
Thank you for responding.
Dave

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#123825 Nov 24, 2009
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Word
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.
~ John 13:34, NLT
K-Love
Good morning..Thanks for ?breaks are nice..I missed here,,,Peace

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Dade City, FL

#123826 Nov 24, 2009
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show we just don't know when our time is up or when God plans to send His Son back. I believe the reason that God said "no man knows" is because He didn't want us dwelling on when it would happen. He would rather have us dwell on being ready for it whenever it happens.
To think, well I have all the time in the world to turn to God because I think it's a long time off or I know it's going to happen at this certain time is a gamble that I sure wouldn't want to take. Who's to say while thinking that way the same thing won't happen to you that sadly happened to the young lady you mentioned.
Glad to hear you will be with family for Thanksgiving. I hope God blesses the Holiday for you and yours.
God bless you my Brother in Christ.
Hard to understand it, but his ways and thoughts are higher than ours. In my own life I've done the same. Gambled with my future. And know that night in Knoxville He put His protection around me and the car I was in. That why what Hip says makes no sence to me. How anyone could see the love of Christ and then leave?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#123827 Nov 24, 2009
Ham wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Steve..
Now for something Completely different..
The end times are coming..sooner than later..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RI1lLYqpV0kXX
Hope you enjoy..
Ham
Funny stuff Ham and kudos for having a good sense of humor even if (if I am correct?) you are a conservative. Thanks for the link:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#123828 Nov 24, 2009
Ham wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Steve..
Now for something Completely different..
The end times are coming..sooner than later..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RI1lLYqpV0kXX
Hope you enjoy..
Ham
There are two types of videos that are similiar in how they go about it, acting as if Hitler discovered Brett Farve came out of retirement and that Michael Jackson died. They use the same video. I will post both but I think for sure you will get a kick out of the Farve one!

Hitler discovers Farve came out of retirement

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hitler discovers Michael Jacksom died

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Que Avanza 8

Charlotte, NC

#123829 Nov 24, 2009
Good Morning Folks! This should come as no surprise!

NYC Man Brought Back From Dead After 47 Minutes

http://wcbstv.com/seenat11/joe.tiralosi.back....

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#123830 Nov 24, 2009
1 Peter 1:
13 Therefore, gird up the loins of your mind, live soberly, and set your hopes completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
14
Like obedient children, do not act in compliance with the desires of your former ignorance
15
but, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in every aspect of your conduct,
16
for it is written, "Be holy because I (am) holy."
17
Now if you invoke as Father him who judges impartially according to each one's works, conduct yourselves with reverence during the time of your sojourning,
18
realizing that you were ransomed from your futile conduct, handed on by your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold
19
but with the precious blood of Christ as of a spotless unblemished lamb.
20
He was known before the foundation of the world but revealed in the final time for you,
21
who through him believe in God who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
22
Since you have purified yourselves by obedience to the truth for sincere mutual love, love one another intensely from a (pure) heart.
23
You have been born anew, not from perishable but from imperishable seed, through the living and abiding word of God,
24
for: "All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of the field; the grass withers, and the flower wilts;
25
but the word of the Lord remains forever." This is the word that has been proclaimed to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Lynn 88,101
Is a career in web development rewarding? 10 min keith29 1
Traveling to Peru next month. Hope everything g... 11 min austin02 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Devil number 666 996,499
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min henry 703,710
Are millennials more open-minded to LGBTQ dating? 1 hr Freedom of speech 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Moo Goo Guy Pan 448,493