Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#630188 Aug 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding and the sincerity in being honest. I appreciate it.
Why do you separate a person - namely Jesus - and utilize only the half that men presented to you?
Since there is really only one historical "Jesus" ever being referenced throughout history, then what if the non-canon Jesus is still the same individual, but separated from that you believe is "only" within the Bible?
You do realize that it is a fact that many of the teachings in GoThomas appear in some format with Matthew and Luke - so you already "use" some of those teachings already.
Why would anyone separate a person who they think is a saviour? Are there teachings by Jesus in GoThomas that are not truthful and applicable to humans? What are they?
Cheers!
The Gospels of Mark and Matthew use an earlier Gospel (Known as "Q") as a source. The Gospel of Thomas is similar to the lost "Q" Gospel. It also demonstrates that Thomas was written earlier than any NT document including Paul's letters. It is very possible that the Gospel of Thomas was indeed written by Thomas, as the document claims, shortly after Jesus death.

Thomas is the ONLY existing Gospel that names the author. Mark, Matthew, Luke and John are written by anonymous authors. The attribution of authors were made up long after the documents were written.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#630190 Aug 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
however could one sinful human life atone for the sins of another let alone for the sins of all humanity???
Yes.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#630191 Aug 21, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> I reject >your< complete Jesus. I already tell you several times why I reject the gnostics. I not going to repeat myself. Go back and read my previous writings to you about the gnostics and you will understand why I reject the gnostics account about Jesus.
I accept >only< the canonized version of Yeshua Messiah. And for reasons I already tell you weeks ago...that my choice.
Again..the only reason I respond to your writing is that it you telling another writer not to believe in Jesus because they reject >your< Jesus...was just so laughable ridiculous and naive to me that I had to ask you if you was appointed by Jesus, are you God or are you the internet dictator. You say no. So again my conclusion to your writing...people have the right to believe in whatever teachings of Jesus as they please. And you telling writers what to believe about Jesus seems to me you're desperate angry and frustrated at being rejected so many yrs on topix.
Projection.

There you go again - changing the context of my posts. I ask why one doesn't believe in Jesus. Those who I have asked, usually don't answer and divert form answering altogether - like you have done.

You've never answered my questions....because they will have an impact on what you have already stated. In other words, they expose your hypocrisy and your "love of Jesus".

Don't make me the bad guy if you can't come to terms and be completely honest. You are the only one you are hurting.

I could care less on what you think, but I do care on why you think this way. Which has yet to be answered by you and others.

Oh - you will say you "reject" the Gnostics....but never indicating why?

Are you afraid of something if you were to believe in those other teachings by Jesus? Please be specific on what will happen to you if you do.

I don't believe you can.....just like you cannot be sure on what will happen to you if you continue to believe the way you do.

Albuquerque, NM

#630192 Aug 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospels of Mark and Matthew use an earlier Gospel (Known as "Q") as a source. The Gospel of Thomas is similar to the lost "Q" Gospel. It also demonstrates that Thomas was written earlier than any NT document including Paul's letters. It is very possible that the Gospel of Thomas was indeed written by Thomas, as the document claims, shortly after Jesus death.
Thomas is the ONLY existing Gospel that names the author. Mark, Matthew, Luke and John are written by anonymous authors. The attribution of authors were made up long after the documents were written.
I can agree to this post.

The Gospel of Q
http://www.amazon.com/The-Lost-Gospel-Christi...

Since Luke seems to corroborate many of Thomas' teachings, it is of my opinion that this book was written much earlier.

Considering the study of Jesus texts is the primary thesis for "Q" - it is quite unusual to find that Burton Mack posits very strongly that there are also different levels of teachings included within those teachings by Jesus. Mack does a great job explaining these different lays of social-economics and lifestyles during that early time in history.

Good read - recommended.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#630193 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
I can agree to this post.
The Gospel of Q
http://www.amazon.com/The-Lost-Gospel-Christi...
Since Luke seems to corroborate many of Thomas' teachings, it is of my opinion that this book was written much earlier.
Considering the study of Jesus texts is the primary thesis for "Q" - it is quite unusual to find that Burton Mack posits very strongly that there are also different levels of teachings included within those teachings by Jesus. Mack does a great job explaining these different lays of social-economics and lifestyles during that early time in history.
Good read - recommended.
Much as in many discipline, theological and otherwise, there are several levels of teaching. There is much evidence to support that this occurred with Jesus' teaching.

“And when He was alone, they that were about Him with the twelve asked of Him the parable. And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables."

In fact he admits he purposely misleads the majority of his followers... even condemning them to eternal damnation.

"That seeing they may see, and not perceived: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them.”

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#630194 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Projection.
There you go again - changing the context of my posts. I ask why one doesn't believe in Jesus. Those who I have asked, usually don't answer and divert form answering altogether - like you have done.
You've never answered my questions....because they will have an impact on what you have already stated. In other words, they expose your hypocrisy and your "love of Jesus".
Don't make me the bad guy if you can't come to terms and be completely honest. You are the only one you are hurting.
I could care less on what you think, but I do care on why you think this way. Which has yet to be answered by you and others.
Oh - you will say you "reject" the Gnostics....but never indicating why?
Are you afraid of something if you were to believe in those other teachings by Jesus? Please be specific on what will happen to you if you do.
I don't believe you can.....just like you cannot be sure on what will happen to you if you continue to believe the way you do.
??

This writing makes no sense.

I told you weeks ago why I reject the gnostics. My answer not change, So I not know how I hurting myself. I have at least three books written about the history of the gnostics account of Yeshua and why those accounts of Yeshua in the gnostics are fraudulent. The gnostics are to be rejected for good historical reasons. I reject the gnostics. I reject your Jesus. Your Jesus is a fraud.

I accept >only< the canonized accounts of Yeshua. How that projection? you using words you not even know the meaning of lol.

I'm comfortable and happy with the Jesus I believe. From the way you writing..you showing some desperate insecurity anger and hopelessness with your Jesus. You need to ask yourself why Christianity is comfortable with just the canonized version of Jesus...but you spinning your wheels beating a dead horse with your rejected ""complete" " Jesus oy!lol!

After all these yrs...maybe you just need to face that you're wrong that why you getting rejected. Or keep spinning you wheels, your life.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#630195 Aug 21, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??
I told you weeks ago why I reject the gnostics......
You don;t even know what
Gnostic" is.

Do you even know that the Gospel of John and Revelation are Gnostic texts ?

You, like most Christians, simply repeat the fabrications told the Roman church for the last 1700 years.

You don't believe in Jesus or God, you believe in the lies of Popes and Emperors.
You are, like almost every Christian on the planet, a Catholic.
Most Smart dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#630196 Aug 21, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey shrink, have you been in South Carolina recently?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/21/jess...
I don't have to be in the states,but I am able to fart at your face,and for you only left swift action,just open mouth and take deep breath,maybe my wise Farts be able to make your brain more sensible and more logical
Most Smart dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#630197 Aug 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Much as in many discipline, theological and otherwise, there are several levels of teaching. There is much evidence to support that this occurred with Jesus' teaching.
“And when He was alone, they that were about Him with the twelve asked of Him the parable. And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables."
In fact he admits he purposely misleads the majority of his followers... even condemning them to eternal damnation.
"That seeing they may see, and not perceived: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them.”
read NT The Bible God's Inspired Word,to understand why Jesus said this,
apostle Paul add to those words Romans 1;18-32

anyway,with stupid like you,there is only waist time,and Internet space,
your jesus is your sick imaginations based on the same bablings of NASL next cyber idiot
Most Smart dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#630198 Aug 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don;t even know what
Gnostic" is.
You, like most Christians, simply repeat the fabrications told the Roman church for the last 1700 years.
You don't believe in Jesus or God, you believe in the lies of Popes and Emperors.
you are the same catolic idiot like all of them
Gospel of John and revelation was not written by Gnostics( this is pagan term)and is not Gnostic books
only inspired by God books written by beloved disciple of Jesus,APOSTLE JOHN
Apostle John was one of 12 disciples of Christ, not f....idiot Gnostic

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#630199 Aug 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don;t even know what
Gnostic" is.
LOL.

The most funny and hilarious thing I can ever see anyone write on topix is to tell another writer what that writer knows or believe. What a Moron!
Most Smart dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#630200 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Hi again shrink, I can see you haven't learned proper respect yet.
It doesn't surprise me at all.
I fart on your surprises?
who are you,are you god or worshiper of own dog?
Most Smart dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#630201 Aug 21, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL.
The most funny and hilarious thing I can ever see anyone write on topix is to tell another writer what that writer knows or believe. What a Moron!
ben is so stupid,that he got guts to tell others that apostle John beloved Jesus disciple one of 12 was Gnostic?
what a stupid statement, incredible scumbag with washed brain by AIDS

“"None shall pass"”

There

#630202 Aug 21, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL.
It is easy for the educated to know when another is ignorant.

Most Christians are totally ignorant when it comes to their own religion. You are quite ignorant.
Most Smart dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#630203 Aug 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is easy for the educated to know when another is ignorant.
Most Christians are totally ignorant when it comes to their own religion. You are quite ignorant.
Please?
say something about yourselves?
you behave like all those scumbags worry about others,never worry own lifes and own immoral affairs?
and call to prison cell for Skombolis to ban me from those threads?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#630204 Aug 22, 2014
Morning

“Health is the greatest gift,
contentment the greatest wealth,
faithfulness the best relationship.”
~ Buddha

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#630205 Aug 22, 2014
Today's Prayer

Dear God, It is so hot and dry in my little part of this world. Then in other places, they've had floods and too much rain recently. I pray that you will balance out the weather, that a soft and steady rain would fall to water the dry earth and that the sun and refreshing breezes would blow across the flooded areas to dry up the excess water. I pray for your protection from the elements and your provision for every need. I pray for souls that are dry and desolate, that your Spirit will nudge at their heart's door and will fill them with hope and blessed assurance through the Savior, giving new life. I pray for souls that are full of your Spirit and living in your Word and your will, that they will share that life and abundance with those around them, and continue to seek your will and your presence. Thank you, Lord, for all you do and all you've done.With love in the name of Jesus, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#630206 Aug 22, 2014
Encouraging Words....

I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

Revelation 3:19

K-Love

Albuquerque, NM

#630207 Aug 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the assist Ben....your post has more clarity than what I initially posted....very helpful at understanding the context of what and why Jesus stated when he did.

Best regards,

Albuquerque, NM

#630208 Aug 22, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??
Sure it does - as it seems others responded with their viewpoint. I think you just don't like what it reflects and asserts.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I told you weeks ago why I reject the gnostics. My answer not change, So I not know how I hurting myself.
No you haven't.....all you stated is that you reject them.....no details on why.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I have at least three books written about the history of the gnostics account of Yeshua and why those accounts of Yeshua in the gnostics are fraudulent.

How do you know this? You'll parrot something, but choose to not support your decision to do so.

What are you afraid of with being honest on why you reject those teachings?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The gnostics are to be rejected for good historical reasons. I reject the gnostics. I reject your Jesus.
You've said you do, but still no reasons why?

I understand - it is a struggle within your mind to actually ponder upon:
"Let's see - the biblical Jesus was written by men, the non-biblical Jesus was written by men, so if I say I reject the non-biblical, I reject men, which would mean I also reject the men who wrote the Bible. Wait a minute - that can be possible, because then I won't have a belief. Darn it.....how would I answer this? I know, I just say I believe the biblical Jesus and that is it and no on will ever question me."

Plausible deniability is not really a choice when it comes to internal honesty, huh?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your Jesus is a fraud.
Prove it. I don't think you can or will, unless you are out to prove "your Jesus" to be one as well.

Are you afraid to make this journey?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I accept >only< the canonized accounts of Yeshua. How that projection? you using words you not even know the meaning of lol.
Of course you do....you would prefer:
a. to limit Jesus
b. limit "God's" inspiration
c. use only unknown men who attribute their writings to less than half of the original 13 Apostles to garner your belief
d. to believe "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus - because of the qty of books assigned for you to believe

Honesty trifecta - you fall short dramatically.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm comfortable and happy with the Jesus I believe. From the way you writing..you showing some desperate insecurity anger and hopelessness with your Jesus. You need to ask yourself why Christianity is comfortable with just the canonized version of Jesus...but you spinning your wheels beating a dead horse with your rejected ""complete" " Jesus oy!lol!
I''ve noted your projection as being expressed due to fear.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>After all these yrs...maybe you just need to face that you're wrong that why you getting rejected. Or keep spinning you wheels, your life.
I'm not here posting to see if I get rejected or not, so you are again claiming unfounded conclusions.

No - I don't only spin my wheels, but move forward. Why are you still wallowing in some belief that I've shown to be incomplete, inaccurate, and just plain unfounded?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,479
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Nohweh 72,373
Gay and bi-curious texting (May '12) 56 min Jackie 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 995,120
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Wisdom of Ages 699,536
Friends are not supportive of my relationship 3 hr ranier77 1
My cousin does not clean up and it frustrates me 3 hr maryjean28 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 11 hr Big Al 138