Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#628914 Jul 1, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do.
There has been and will be deception in God's and Jesus' name all for profit and personal gain throughout history, and people are so gullible and fickle that many are quick to jump on any bandwagon that comes rolling by. this is why we should ask God for discernment.
Most people who regularly attend church services do not regularly study the bible for themselves, they just take what the preachers say at face value without checking it out.
So, I love everybody. It doesn't mean I have to agree with or approve of what they say and do. Jesus rebuked people too. He even told them that they were forgiven, but he told them to quit what they were doing.
I know you love everybody.

I wish those judging and causing strife for a whole community - In His name-
would stop playing God in our world.
It's not their place.
What does Jesus say about turning a child away from Him?

Thank you for taking the time.
Always good to read your words.

Location hidden

#628915 Jul 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it humorous as well. My car can be recognized over cars costing ten times as much with super expensive paint jobs. Of course, the Maaco enamel is as close to a factory original paint job as you can get. You get lots of points for that.
lol.
Good for you.

Seems some think you can't have the year you've just had and not boast a bit..
Enjoy!

Location hidden

#628916 Jul 1, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't often read the posts of the people who agree with me :p They already agree with me, what's the point??
I also didn't know those posters by their name and don't actually recognize what arguments they are pushing.
Yeah, maybe "horrible person" was too strong.
The thing is, when people blindly follow what they've been told, and condemn people for no other reason than that they were told to, because of some archaic moral ideas, without doing any thinking for themselves, they are weak people - weak people further social inequalities.
Make no mistake, inequalities cause violence upon those being discriminated against. If you deny homosexuals the same rights and freedoms heteros get, if you put them down, label them sinners then what you are doing is hurting people and limited their capacity to fulfill their human potential.
Bigotry is violence against other humans.
If that's not horrible, I'm not sure what is.
Worth a repost.
Bravo!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#628917 Jul 1, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
Good for you.
Seems some think you can't have the year you've just had and not boast a bit..
Enjoy!
I do boast about my accomplishments. What I do not do enough publicly is recognize that I have and achieved is through the talents and opportunities that God has given me. None of which I feel I deserved. I have been truly blessed and I know not why.That is what I call "grace".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#628918 Jul 1, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been speaking against what I see as bigotry on wsjlm since I arrived here.
You are true to form- your typical "stock"answer towards those who
do not follow your thinking is always- you assuming/ judging their happiness.
You do not know me or how happy I may be in my life.
I broke those ties, on this thread, years ago.
I am a bit different. I understand the bigotry, hypocrisy, deceit and discrimination. What I don't understand is the denial of that.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#628919 Jul 1, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you spend this much energy helping girls and boys that
are abducted and sold into the sex
slave industry?
Do you or your fine christian friends even care?
How about the children starving right now? How about the children being abused
and tortured right this very minute? They cry and do you hear them?
In the big picture of life- is homosexuality something you all need to worry about?
Honestly?
Now THAT is a valid point Lele. I should do more about it.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#628920 Jul 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I kinda like Assup. He has his saving graces.
There is only one person here that I truly hated. I am not proud of that.
Assup is a useful idiot. So is that old fellator Kimare. My time on Topix would be a lot more dull without them, there's an admission.

I know who you mean, or meant. Let's just say that he brought it all on himself.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#628921 Jul 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Assup is a useful idiot. So is that old fellator Kimare. My time on Topix would be a lot more dull without them, there's an admission.
I know who you mean, or meant. Let's just say that he brought it all on himself.
I have buried that hatchet along with the corpse.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#628922 Jul 1, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Alright. Then let me break it down.
you say you were born gay. I believe you.
Now. Do you believe because you were born gay it is right just and normal for you to have sexual relations with someone of your same sex?
Simple basic common >sense< question. Will you answer?
And how is her private life your business?

Unlike your shocking grammar, writer, that's everyone on here's business.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#628923 Jul 1, 2014
>>> Freedom of Speech <<<
Re-post.

>>> " I'm in a good mood, and when I am I show a lot-o-mercy to a lot-o-folk
... it is called in here the Cyber Streets of many towns and seems mostly across the USA
So...
I got to thinking how I would like to challenge the greatest country on earth who have written on their $ "in God we Trust" and see how many can prove they are the mightiest army on earth by laying down their arms and proving just how much "In God we Trust"
That might just save a-lot-o throwing words around in here about God, and in stead, put their money where their mouth is
... and aliens like us can just sit back and watch! " <<<

Is this too strong for this site ?
... it seems the idea was lost when a Bible Quote was added re aliens, but the point is 'the challenge'.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#628924 Jul 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, purple was higher status than red. The Church officials were allowed to wear red to show their high status but also to show they are subject to the emperor's authority.
Very interesting...every society has, or had, certain status symbols.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#628925 Jul 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I think there is a good reason for this too, and it has to do with harems and bigamy slave girls and the desires of a male dominate ancient Hebrew Absolute monarchy .
Oh yeah. According to the Holy Scriptures, marriage should be between a man and several women.
:-)

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#628926 Jul 1, 2014
>>> Le le <<<
Just wondering did you get my reply.
... you don't have to answer, just wanted you to know I didn't ignore you.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#628927 Jul 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah. According to the Holy Scriptures, marriage should be between a man and several women.
:-)
I keep telling the women that but they just won't listen to "The Word of God". LOL

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#628928 Jul 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"First they came for the gays but I said nothing because I was not gay.
Then they came for the infirm but I said nothing because I was healthy.
Then they came for the Jews but I said nothing because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Muslims but I said nothing because I was not Muslim.
Then they came for me."
Always liked that quote.

Some stable somewhere

#628929 Jul 2, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a feeling my mistake would be read wrong.
Your response to to my correction only spoke the truth.
No need for apologies.
Happy you are here.
Well, I'm still in the corner and I'm not coming out!

Some stable somewhere

#628930 Jul 2, 2014
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like always simple goof?
you disrespect her and play that you know more than anyone around?
by two sentences respond to such long long post from PW,
just make fist go before mirror and punch your stupid head,maybe some few normal senses enter after healthy adice of doctor Shrink
your tent have no kitchen,nor kava,or any bedroom upstairs?
brain and body poverty drive you insane and simple Liar?
Uh, Dr....I took your advice and I don't feel so well. No matter how many times I punch myself in the head, I just don't feel better.

Hiding go punch self again. <pow!> ouch! <punch!> Owe! Are sure dis work? me not sure so <punch!> ack! <coughs blood>...bai bai me rie down <kaplunk>

Some stable somewhere

#628931 Jul 2, 2014
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja... I see many are.
… you don't have to apologise to me. Truth doesn't have to take a back seat, nor is it always polite.
[ But discussion can be peaceful –-and with respect – get's nowhere if it's not.]
Religion and immorality have always been feathered friends. It's s good smoke screen for many. But one thing I do know is that such wrongs are becoming fully exposed, so they – the religious immoral – end up hanging themselves. They are a damned disgrace to the human race. It will be an interesting day when the very one who started all this religious dishonesty comes face to face with the actuality of the author of The Word.
… and it won't all be what it seems!
Both you and I know 'cultural' can be seen in the eyes of many as weird, wrong, unjustified, because it is different to anothers – but being a person with a mind open enough to receive even what others might call child-like larger-than-life possibilities – it is only because what I do share I have witnessed, and can.
… it's impossible to deny that by anyone's standard.
Cultural relativity is normally a good thing, but it's a dangerous tool. It allows us to respect other cultures, sure, but it also puts the blinders on us for the kinds of struggles people have within cultures. Cultural relativity, when used naively, covers up social inequalities.

Sure, I could just say "Hey, being biased against homosexuals is just what (some) Christians do. That's just their culture."

But we have to consider what's going on - it's not so simple as a food preference.

Religions have all kinds of beliefs, signs, symbols, rituals and bodily practices that reinforce their belief system - and normalize the worldviews they espouse. Concurrently, they have social hierarchies built within them. Those social hierarchies often act to keep the non-mainstream down - the poor stay poor, and their poverty is justified.

How Christianity treats homosexuality is one such example. The demeaning of it maintains the power structure of heteros over homos, it provides tacit discrimination that keeps a segment of the population down. And this kind of behavior is normalized within Christianity through sermons, citations (correct or not) and comes from a relatively recent history of sex as sin.

And we could talk about how sex as sin acts to control humans by making them feel guilty for their normal human desires - but we don't have to go there.

There is no rational argument for denying same sex couples marriage. There is no rational argument for calling their behaviors sin. These arguments must be couched in religious terms b/c they only make sense within a non-rational, religious context that allows overt discrimination of the non-mainstream by the mainstream. Such behavior acts to maintain the power of the mainstream.

Now, the same is true of female circumcision in Islamic cultures. It's usually carried out by women on women - and, in the extreme, can remove all sexual pleasure from a woman permanently (in addition to all kinds of medical complications). We could sit back and note, with some disinterest, that this is a cultural practice and they believe all kinds of things to support that practice, or we could note that actual human beings are being damaged for life, their lifelong pleasure reduced greatly, and their chances of infection from sexual intercourse dramatically raised (not STD infection, like bacteria and fungus).

That's the danger of naive cultural realism - it covers up social inequalities. And make no mistake these inequalities cause physical and mental harm on people, thereby preventing them from maximizing their human potential: it is violence.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#628932 Jul 2, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Always liked that quote.
I always liked the complete Axiom of Democracy. Most people only know the first half.

"In a true democracy the majority shall prevail, ONLY SO LONG AS THE RIGHTS OF THE MINORITY ARE NOT INFRINGED."

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#628933 Jul 2, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> is a good comparison based on your argument.
You born gay. So you have the right to pursue a sexual relationship with the same sex and to you that moral normal and just right?
Why can't the alcoholic say the same thing if they have they alcoholic gene in them? Don't you "atheists" like to brag on science? well science says the alcoholic gene is real.
Therefore, should it be moral right and just for a person born with the alcoholic gene to become a alcoholic and a drunkard? don't use Texas to deflect....why can't you answer? I know why you won't answer...and so do you <wink>
your ethical standards are corrupt, you must be a christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Wilbur 982,216
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Bongo 123,347
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min 07 Mustang 7,180
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 681,740
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 1 hr Brice N Livingston 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 286,526
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 9 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
More from around the web