Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2014

Judged:

TAMPA -- Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be "a sissy," the boy's mother testified Monday.

Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year-old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.

He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.

"He was trying to teach him how to fight," said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. "He was concerned that the child might be gay."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/07/14/1306... #

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In as much as the Hebrew (and Greek) word translated as "angel" is simply "messenger", there is nothing to suggest that they are "magical beings".
I agree.

Thus, Lucifer (the Morning Star)- a "messenger of a new day".....

Lucifer (/&#712;lu&#720;s& #618;f&#601;r/ or /&#712;lju&#720;s& #618;f&#601;r/) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word &#1492;&#1461;&#14 97;&#1500;&#1461;& #1500; in Isaiah 14:12.[1] This word, transliterated hęlęl[1] or heylel,[2] occurs only once in the Hebrew Bible[1] and according to the KJV-influenced Strong's Concordance means "shining one, morning star, Lucifer".[2] The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[3] which translates &#1492;&#1461;&#14 97;&#1500;&#1461;& #1500; as lucifer,[Isa 14:12][4][5] meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".[6] The Septuagint renders &#1492;&#1461;&#14 97;&#1500;&#1461;& #1500; in Greek as &#7953;&#969;&#963 ;&#966;&#972;&#961 ;&#959;&#962;[7][8][9] [10][11](he&#333;sphoros), [12][13][14] a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star.[15]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Some even translated the number "616"....thus the number "666" is bogus and misinterpretted.

....also from wikipedia.....
616[edit]
Fragment from Papyrus 115 (P115) of Revelation in the 66th vol. of the Oxyrhynchus series (P. Oxy. 4499).[9] Has the number of the Beast as 616.Although Irenaeus (2nd century AD) affirmed the number to be 666 and reported several scribal errors of the number, there is still a minority of theologians who have doubt about the original reading[10] because of the figure 616 being given in Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C; Paris), one of the four great uncial codices, as well as by the Latin version of Tyconius (DCXVI, ed. Souter in the Journal of Theology, SE, April 1913), and by an ancient Armenian version (ed. Conybaere, 1907). Irenaeus knew about the 616 reading, but did not adopt it (Haer. v.30,3). However, several centuries later, correcting the existing Latin language version of the New Testament, commonly referred to as the Vetus Latina, Jerome left it in.(De Monogramm., ed. Dom G Morin in the Rev. Benedictine, 1903). "The number 666 has been substituted for 616 either by analogy with 888, the [Greek] number of Jesus (Deissmann), or because it is a triangular number, the sum of the first 36 numbers (1+2+3+4+5+6...+36 = 666)"[11]

Around 2005, a fragment from Papyrus 115, taken from the Oxyrhynchus site, was discovered at the Oxford University’s Ashmolean Museum. It gave the beast’s number as 616. This fragment happens to be the oldest manuscript (about 1,700 years old) of Revelation 13 to date.[12][13]

Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, known before the P115 finding but dating to after it, has 616 written in full: &#7953;&#958;&#945 ;&#954;&#972;&#963 ;&#953;&#959;&#953 ; &#948;&#941;&#954; &#945; &#7957;&#958;, hexakosioi deka hex (lit. "six hundred and sixteen").[14]

Papyrus 115 and Ephraemi Rescriptus has led some scholars to conclude that 616 is the original number of the beast.[15]

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

MORNING**

“Should you find yourself in a
chronically leaking boat,
energy devoted to changing vessels
is likely to be more productive
than energy devoted to patching leaks.”

~ Warren Buffett

Verse for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

Today's Prayer

"You have received of us how you ought to walk and to please God, so you would abound more and more. For you know the commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification" (1 Thess. 4:1-3). Dear Father in Heaven, Thank you for giving me your Word as a light unto my path and a lamp unto my feet. Please forgive me when I am "hard-headed" and do not follow your commandments. I want to do your will, which I understand is based on your Word. Sometimes it is difficult to live under the authority of certain people. Human nature makes me want to rebel, but your Word instructs me to obey those in authority, as long as that obedience is not in direct conflict to your Word. Please give me the strength to obey and do what is right. Please bless me when I do this and walk in a way that is pleasing to you. Thank you in the name of Jesus, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done. I will trust in your good name in the presence of your faithful people.

Psalm 52:9

K-Love

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

Live w/out
pretending.
Love w/out
depending,
Listen w/out
defending,
Speak w/out
offending..
yon

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

What have you done to show you love him?

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

Annaleigh wrote:
TAMPA -- Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be "a sissy," the boy's mother testified Monday.
Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year-old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.
He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.
"He was trying to teach him how to fight," said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. "He was concerned that the child might be gay."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/07/14/1306... #
I really couldn't think of anything to say about those shocking news articles! Except maybe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh ,I wasn't remotely surprised. Mildly interested was all.
:-)

When I was a kid, it was all the televangelist scandals. Jim Bakker one week, Jimmy Swaggart the next.

I guess the cynicism began then...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a kid, it was all the televangelist scandals. Jim Bakker one week, Jimmy Swaggart the next.
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world.

why would you look to baker or swaggart? who else have you found to be perfect, believer or unbeliever?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world.
why would you look to baker or swaggart? who else have you found to be perfect, believer or unbeliever?
Nothing in your book. That's for damn sure....and your character substantiates that finding further.
Your religion is and has been corrupted and rotten since it's very inception...and YOU are a perfect example of the result.
Now just go away so we can breath.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in your book. That's for damn sure....and your character substantiates that finding further.
Your religion is and has been corrupted and rotten since it's very inception...and YOU are a perfect example of the result.
Now just go away so we can breath.
based on how YOU talk on these threads, i don't like your character or your religion either!

too bad that your god has already lost to my God and now he's just being used like a rented mule to test the hearts of people who choose to love vanity more than God;-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
based on how YOU talk on these threads, i don't like your character or your religion either!
too bad that your god has already lost to my God and now he's just being used like a rented mule to test the hearts of people who choose to love vanity more than God;-)
You fit right in with them pedophile priests...and those that are showering your post with positive icons are probably perverts like you as well.
Your deity is a fraud, you are a fraud, and so are those who condone your nasty behavior. You all deserve each other.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

Because you are his most precious gift, and his child.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't "God" - please stop misleading others with false information based upon the decisions of men.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=7qUFZwJb9GA
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

Don’t trust your heart
By Billy Graham
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him ...
—Luke 23:33
One of the ironies of human nature is that it often has a way of rejecting the best and accepting the worst. Why did the crowd ask for the release of Barabbas and the crucifixion of Jesus? The answer is in the biblical statement,“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked.” Jesus is just as divine today and just as much alive as He was on that first Good Friday. Yet millions today don’t accept Him. His goodness is still a rebuke to our badness; His purity still shows up our impurities; His sinlessness still reveals our sinfulness; and unless we allow Him to destroy the evil within us, the evil within us still wants to destroy Him. This is the conflict of the ages.
Prayer for the day
Lord Jesus, when I reflect upon the agony of Your death at Calvary, my heart is once again humbled at the magnitude of Your love for all mankind.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I never was never indoctrinated so was not surprised that humans lied and manipulated others.

"There are only two perfect people in this world; You and me. I don't trust you and don't count on me." - anonymous

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world....
God knocked up a teen so it could give birth to itself so it could kill itself and then raise itself from the dead so that it doesn't have to torture people who recite the "right" magic words.

Such a clever combination of Hercules and Odin you have for a SkyDaddy.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Tracy Green wrote:
Because you are his most precious gift, and his child.
Jesus owes me back support then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

465 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 532,659
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Dr_Zorderz 256,459
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min shyam 4,634
Do you Recognize this Man? 28 min Bryan 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min Lyndi 172,348
Nine Eleven 31 min passing by 8
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 36 min An NFL Fan 115,036
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dirty white boy- 720,693
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••