Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#626147 Apr 9, 2014
Don’t trust your heart
By Billy Graham
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him ...
—Luke 23:33
One of the ironies of human nature is that it often has a way of rejecting the best and accepting the worst. Why did the crowd ask for the release of Barabbas and the crucifixion of Jesus? The answer is in the biblical statement,“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked.” Jesus is just as divine today and just as much alive as He was on that first Good Friday. Yet millions today don’t accept Him. His goodness is still a rebuke to our badness; His purity still shows up our impurities; His sinlessness still reveals our sinfulness; and unless we allow Him to destroy the evil within us, the evil within us still wants to destroy Him. This is the conflict of the ages.
Prayer for the day
Lord Jesus, when I reflect upon the agony of Your death at Calvary, my heart is once again humbled at the magnitude of Your love for all mankind.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#626150 Apr 9, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
When I was a kid, it was all the televangelist scandals. Jim Bakker one week, Jimmy Swaggart the next.
I guess the cynicism began then...
I never was never indoctrinated so was not surprised that humans lied and manipulated others.

"There are only two perfect people in this world; You and me. I don't trust you and don't count on me." - anonymous

“Love much, trust none”

There

#626151 Apr 9, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world....
God knocked up a teen so it could give birth to itself so it could kill itself and then raise itself from the dead so that it doesn't have to torture people who recite the "right" magic words.

Such a clever combination of Hercules and Odin you have for a SkyDaddy.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#626152 Apr 9, 2014
Tracy Green wrote:
Because you are his most precious gift, and his child.
Jesus owes me back support then.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#626153 Apr 10, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to be a horse's ass ...okay by me.
Hey Hick Up - it is a two way street for some and the fence is up in the middle... my side and her side. I make mistakes and apologise, she makes mistakes and thinks she is perfect and I don't believe I've ever seen her say sorry or apologise for the many nasty words she has shared in here, and we probably never will. I'm happy with my side, knowing we are not perfect but happy to be works in progress, fixing that which needs fixing. Rarely post at all in here anymore, just wanted to say "howdy" and to tell you not to worry about certain posts, it might be like banging your head against a brick wall :)

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#626154 Apr 10, 2014
"Religion will eventually become as offensive and unacceptable as racism."

- Chris O'dowd

What's interesting is that christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#626155 Apr 10, 2014
~Morning~

“Failure is a detour,
not a dead-end street.”

~ Zig Ziglar

Though for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#626156 Apr 10, 2014
Today's Prayer

God, I believe You are using circumstances and events to move me into a place of patient waiting as You put me in the place You desire for me. Help my soul to mature, my faith to grow, my life to be more pure and dedicated to You. James 1:2-4 tells me, "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." Lord, I praise You in the midst of it all--my special trials and daily challenges--knowing that I must learn to be patient and content as I wait upon You. Thank You for being with me through every trial, every day. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#626157 Apr 10, 2014
Encouraging Word.....

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

K-Love

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#626158 Apr 10, 2014
Five Simple Rules For Happiness

Free your Heart from Hatred

Free your Mind from Worries

Live Simply

Give More

Expect Less

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#626159 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
~Morning~
“Failure is a detour,
not a dead-end street.”
~ Zig Ziglar
Though for the Day
Mornin'...

My thought for the day...

I hadn't looked in on this thread since Sunday...only took a couple of seconds to realize that I wish I hadn't.

My next thought of the day was (well...I did have other thoughts this morning but that is another story...) I might respond to a few posts...then luckily I thought...nope...not worth it.

My real thought for the day is however...

Why do we as humans go out of our way just to ridicule others...those others being strangers that if we passed on the street...might look the other way...or at best nod and keep going?

I had more...I think however I will stop at this...it is just not worth stepping on someone elses toes.

So...my friend...I do hope that all is well with you...

Location hidden

#626160 Apr 10, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin'...
I hadn't looked in on this thread since Sunday...only took a couple of seconds to realize that I wish I hadn't.
My next thought of the day was (well...I did have other thoughts this morning but that is another story...) I might respond to a few posts...then luckily I thought...nope...not worth it.
Why do we as humans go out of our way just to ridicule others...those others being strangers that if we passed on the street...might look the other way...or at best nod and keep going?
I had more...I think however I will stop at this...it is just not worth stepping on someone elses toes.
Share..

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#626161 Apr 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world.
why would you look to baker or swaggart? who else have you found to be perfect, believer or unbeliever?
what is your problem with gay

jesus was gay

Location hidden

#626162 Apr 10, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what is your problem with gay
jesus was gay
But I thought you said Jesus didn't exist karl ?

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#626163 Apr 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I really couldn't think of anything to say about those shocking news articles! Except maybe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z_1LfT1MvzIXX
there are many more such stories, perhaps not so young, but stemming from the same thinking.
here is another example of that thinking

In Nigeria, it is now illegal to be gay. In the hyper-religious and conservative country, the criminal act of openly loving someone of the same sex can carry a prison sentence of more than a decade.

It is likely that as you read this, scores of Nigerian men and women are behind bars, awaiting judgment that can lead to imprisonment for up to 14 years if they are found guilty of being in committed homosexual relationships.

President Goodluck Jonathan's signing of the legislation, called "Jail the Gays," on Monday led to police squads touring Africa's most populous country—with more than 170 million people—this week and arresting people believed to be gay.

Sodomy was already illegal in Nigeria, and when asked about the new law, Jonathan's spokesperson, Reuben Abati, told the Associated Press, "Nigerians are pleased with it."

The bill's signing has led to a witch hunt all over Nigeria, particularly in heavily religious areas—Nigeria is 50 percent Muslim and 40 percent Christian. In the state of Bauchi, where Islamic law is in place, an officer pretended to be gay to infiltrate a group of men seeking counsel for AIDS.

Dorothy Aken'Ova, executive director of a major HIV-AIDS health group, told the AP that police detained four men from the group and tortured them into naming 168 more gay men for arrest.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#626166 Apr 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"Religion will eventually become as offensive and unacceptable as racism."
- Chris O'dowd
What's interesting is that christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate.
It already is.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#626168 Apr 10, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin'...
Thought for the day:

"I have no problem with wild animals. In fact, I adore nature.
However when attacked by a rabid beast I will not hesitate to put a bullet through its head."

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#626169 Apr 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought for the day:
"I have no problem with wild animals. In fact, I adore nature.
However when attacked by a rabid beast I will not hesitate to put a bullet through its head."
I love wildlife too, especially striped bass , catfish, wild pig , and deer :)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#626170 Apr 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> But I thought you said Jesus didn't exist karl ?
How stupid are you?

There is no evidence for the existence of the biblical character jesus the christ

The character jesus the christ as depicted in the chrisian bible is gay.(he may be bisexual, however there is no mention of a heterosexual union, only of homosexual unions)

Location hidden

#626171 Apr 10, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you?
There is no evidence for the existence of the biblical character jesus the christ
The character jesus the christ as depicted in the chrisian bible is gay.(he may be bisexual, however there is no mention of a heterosexual union, only of homosexual unions)
Really karl, but I can spell sentence << see!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Catcher1 773,699
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Regina 558,887
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 264,997
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Toby 96,714
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Catcher1 175,522
The Communist Menifesto & Main Agendas 11 min Fear the truth 1
Zekeriyaköy AEG SERVISI 299 15 34 Aeg Servis ZE... 18 min cansenez 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Dolphin 441,751
More from around the web