Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#626173 Apr 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"Religion will eventually become as offensive and unacceptable as racism."
- Chris O'dowd
What's interesting is that christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate.
To give examples of your statement above:

"christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate."

Racism - this is actually too vague of a term to use. Why? Because racism in most eyes reflect ethnic against ethnic, when it could include:

"...practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other...."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

homophobia - I agree. There are way too many so-called "Christians" who use this behavior as a way to hate others.

Hate - I just explained it above. Hate is a product of many categories. i.e. I hate onions. I don't any certain individual, as hate can lead to many other bad behaviors that one can exhibit or act out on. I'd rather just stick with "dislike" when it comes to people and stick with "hate" when it comes to onions.

;o)

Bigotry - simple enough, huh? But in fact it actually goes further than the surface for this one, because this goes hand in hand with fear.
- I've been called a "bigot" for my beliefs in Jesus, but in fact, that is untrue, because so-called "Christians" take this trait from me, because they can't fathom that I believe in all of what Jesus taught and they only a portion of what was decided by men.

- Ponder a moment - who really is a showing their bigotry if one definition is:
"the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust or hatred on the basis of a person's ethnicity, evaluative orientation, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, opinion, or other characteristics."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

or maybe this one instead....
"1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own. "
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotr...

Another descriptive word to use would be hypocrite - but that too can be perceived in many ways.

:o)

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#626174 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
~Morning~
“Failure is a detour,
not a dead-end street.”
~ Zig Ziglar
Though for the Day
Self. No religion required.

Albuquerque, NM

#626175 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, I believe You are using circumstances and events to move me into a place of patient waiting as You put me in the place You desire for me. Help my soul to mature, my faith to grow, my life to be more pure and dedicated to You. James 1:2-4 tells me, "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." Lord, I praise You in the midst of it all--my special trials and daily challenges--knowing that I must learn to be patient and content as I wait upon You. Thank You for being with me through every trial, every day. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
"knowing that I must learn to be patient and content"
- an action of Self.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

Praying to "God" - another action by Self.

Wow - you sure do alot of things to believe the way you do, so why don't you accept all of what Jesus taught, instead of the bits and pieces given or the major teachings of "Paul"?

Do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#626176 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Word.....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5
K-Love
Contradicting words.

If I am to "trust in the Lord" - how am I to do that, if I don't exert the "trust" first, which is an action of Self.

And then you think the secondary portion of this Proverb is just as correct.

First off, "my understanding" is my consciousness and learning and an action of Self.

If I don't depend upon my understanding of trust, how does one go about and give the Lord trust to use?

Textual criticism is not your strong suit.

Just because something is written, doesn't make it an accurate state by any means - as I just showed you your err in believing what those words state.

Move past the words and understand their meaning.

Albuquerque, NM

#626178 Apr 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Five Simple Rules For Happiness
Free your Heart from Hatred
Free your Mind from Worries
Live Simply
Give More
Expect Less
Self - no religion required.

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#626179 Apr 10, 2014
or

North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley: "Put Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen To Kill Them Off
Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, N.C.

"I got a way, I figured out a way to rid of lesbians and queers, but I couldn't get it passed the congress.

"Build a great big large fence. 50 or a hunderd mile long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals. And have that fence electrified so they can't get out. And you know what, in a few years they'll die out.

“Peace”

Earth

#626180 Apr 10, 2014
or
North Carolina Pastor Sean Harris: Parents Should 'Punch' Their Effeminate Children

exerts
Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok? You are not going to act like that.

"So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying,'Man up,

“Peace”

Earth

#626183 Apr 10, 2014

"Peter Lucas Moses, the leader of a Durham, N.C. polygamist group, has admitted to killing his ex-girlfriend and a 4-year-old boy...According to WRAL news, prosecutors say Moses shot the boy because he thought he was gay

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#626184 Apr 10, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NWTAQLitAkEXX
"Peter Lucas Moses, the leader of a Durham, N.C. polygamist group, has admitted to killing his ex-girlfriend and a 4-year-old boy...According to WRAL news, prosecutors say Moses shot the boy because he thought he was gay
Such is the "love" of Christianity.

Sickening isn't it ?

“Peace”

Earth

#626186 Apr 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Such is the "love" of Christianity.
Sickening isn't it ?
sadly is that most don't see the connection to the suffering and deaths among the lgbt community they cause.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#626187 Apr 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, the dude has issues.
Is nice and kisses your a$$ one minute then when you reject his pm come ons, he goes psycho or "dirty" as he puts it.
I thought he was assssup at first, same disgusting m o, now I just don't give a damn, Shrinkie can have him.
Best advice I ever got when I first came to topix was "don't use a photo of yourself here" (may not be verbatim), should've listened but now I don't care anymore about that either.
Reading a bit further.. I get it.
Funny how people can justify being "dirty" as "pusherman" suggests.

Hi Luci.
:)

Location hidden

#626188 Apr 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not fond of HU but he is miles above your wretched and pathetic excuse for a human.
"miles above"??
How so??

I disagree.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#626189 Apr 10, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>"miles above"??
How so??

I disagree.
"I agree with you, "miles above" is a bit much.

Hey LeLe :-)

Location hidden

#626190 Apr 10, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
sadly is that most don't see the connection to the suffering and deaths among the lgbt community they cause.
Thank you for posting on here and not giving up.
Thank you for posting what is the bitter reality of our world.

Many of the christian posters here, on wsjlm, would rather stay in their safe little
"cubby holes" and ignore the tragedy and hate going on around them..

They believe their lord condones their bigotry towards the lgbt community ..
*sigh*....

Location hidden

#626191 Apr 10, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Hick Up - it is a two way street for some and the fence is up in the middle... my side and her side. I make mistakes and apologise, she makes mistakes and thinks she is perfect and I don't believe I've ever seen her say sorry or apologise for the many nasty words she has shared in here, and we probably never will. I'm happy with my side, knowing we are not perfect but happy to be works in progress, fixing that which needs fixing. Rarely post at all in here anymore, just wanted to say "howdy" and to tell you not to worry about certain posts, it might be like banging your head against a brick wall :)
Oh gosh..
I guess the "she" is me??

Please post where I have been as "nasty" as yourself here on wsjlm.

Your furry ears and large teeth just can't stay tucked in that fleece costume
for too long Serah.. Can they??

You offered gene manipulation to a young man who dared to defend his being
here on this thread.. You reveled in the insults from " your side" towards him.

You claim Christianity, yet- you trust in numbers and mediums..
You worship false gods and the week hearted christians here support your
effort in having other gods bfore their god.,

You aren't happy- not by a long shot.. You are miserable.. And your back handed
insults and " gang" mentality driven
posts prove to that fact.,

Location hidden

#626192 Apr 11, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
or
North Carolina Pastor Sean Harris: Parents Should 'Punch' Their Effeminate Children
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_gjm7W-hDLcXX
exerts
Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok? You are not going to act like that.
"So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying,'Man up,
I have personally witnessed parents trying to "right" a child born gay.
Can't even fathom why anyone would try and play god.. even for a day.,

Yet, the majority of Christianity condones such abuse towards their fellow man.
Sad.

Location hidden

#626193 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
"I agree with you, "miles above" is a bit much.
Hey LeLe :-)
lol..
Yeah.. hu and all his degrading insults are "miles above"
Dr. Reality.,..

Too funny!

Location hidden

#626194 Apr 11, 2014
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
&#8213; Martin Luther King Jr.

Location hidden

#626195 Apr 11, 2014
“Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.”
&#8213; Martin Luther King Jr.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#626196 Apr 11, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never was never indoctrinated so was not surprised that humans lied and manipulated others.
"There are only two perfect people in this world; You and me. I don't trust you and don't count on me." - anonymous
All very true.
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 649,900
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Toby 972,405
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Dr Banonator 56,395
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min New Age Spiritual... 445,888
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Toby 106,060
bambam 23 min brandy trujillo 5
Kristen Bell shares photos from her wedding to ... 1 hr Yahoo sale 2
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web