Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#626161 Apr 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world.
why would you look to baker or swaggart? who else have you found to be perfect, believer or unbeliever?
what is your problem with gay

jesus was gay

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#626162 Apr 10, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what is your problem with gay
jesus was gay
But I thought you said Jesus didn't exist karl ?

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#626163 Apr 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I really couldn't think of anything to say about those shocking news articles! Except maybe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z_1LfT1MvzIXX
there are many more such stories, perhaps not so young, but stemming from the same thinking.
here is another example of that thinking

In Nigeria, it is now illegal to be gay. In the hyper-religious and conservative country, the criminal act of openly loving someone of the same sex can carry a prison sentence of more than a decade.

It is likely that as you read this, scores of Nigerian men and women are behind bars, awaiting judgment that can lead to imprisonment for up to 14 years if they are found guilty of being in committed homosexual relationships.

President Goodluck Jonathan's signing of the legislation, called "Jail the Gays," on Monday led to police squads touring Africa's most populous country—with more than 170 million people—this week and arresting people believed to be gay.

Sodomy was already illegal in Nigeria, and when asked about the new law, Jonathan's spokesperson, Reuben Abati, told the Associated Press, "Nigerians are pleased with it."

The bill's signing has led to a witch hunt all over Nigeria, particularly in heavily religious areas—Nigeria is 50 percent Muslim and 40 percent Christian. In the state of Bauchi, where Islamic law is in place, an officer pretended to be gay to infiltrate a group of men seeking counsel for AIDS.

Dorothy Aken'Ova, executive director of a major HIV-AIDS health group, told the AP that police detained four men from the group and tortured them into naming 168 more gay men for arrest.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#626166 Apr 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"Religion will eventually become as offensive and unacceptable as racism."
- Chris O'dowd
What's interesting is that christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate.
It already is.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#626168 Apr 10, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin'...
My thought for the day...
I hadn't looked in on this thread since Sunday...only took a couple of seconds to realize that I wish I hadn't.
My next thought of the day was (well...I did have other thoughts this morning but that is another story...) I might respond to a few posts...then luckily I thought...nope...not worth it.
My real thought for the day is however...
Why do we as humans go out of our way just to ridicule others...those others being strangers that if we passed on the street...might look the other way...or at best nod and keep going?
I had more...I think however I will stop at this...it is just not worth stepping on someone elses toes.
So...my friend...I do hope that all is well with you...
Thought for the day:

"I have no problem with wild animals. In fact, I adore nature.
However when attacked by a rabid beast I will not hesitate to put a bullet through its head."

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#626169 Apr 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought for the day:
"I have no problem with wild animals. In fact, I adore nature.
However when attacked by a rabid beast I will not hesitate to put a bullet through its head."
I love wildlife too, especially striped bass , catfish, wild pig , and deer :)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#626170 Apr 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> But I thought you said Jesus didn't exist karl ?
How stupid are you?

There is no evidence for the existence of the biblical character jesus the christ

The character jesus the christ as depicted in the chrisian bible is gay.(he may be bisexual, however there is no mention of a heterosexual union, only of homosexual unions)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#626171 Apr 10, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you?
There is no evidence for the existence of the biblical character jesus the christ
The character jesus the christ as depicted in the chrisian bible is gay.(he may be bisexual, however there is no mention of a heterosexual union, only of homosexual unions)
Really karl, but I can spell sentence << see!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#626172 Apr 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I really couldn't think of anything to say about those shocking news articles! Except maybe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z_1LfT1MvzIXX
We have our own problems in Australia where parents do not do the right thing by their child/children, and it has nothing to do with Faith - it only has to do with their own selfish gratification, and this, sadly, can be found in all walks of life.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-02/couple-...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#626173 Apr 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"Religion will eventually become as offensive and unacceptable as racism."
- Chris O'dowd
What's interesting is that christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate.
To give examples of your statement above:

"christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate."

Racism - this is actually too vague of a term to use. Why? Because racism in most eyes reflect ethnic against ethnic, when it could include:

"...practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other...."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

homophobia - I agree. There are way too many so-called "Christians" who use this behavior as a way to hate others.

Hate - I just explained it above. Hate is a product of many categories. i.e. I hate onions. I don't any certain individual, as hate can lead to many other bad behaviors that one can exhibit or act out on. I'd rather just stick with "dislike" when it comes to people and stick with "hate" when it comes to onions.

;o)

Bigotry - simple enough, huh? But in fact it actually goes further than the surface for this one, because this goes hand in hand with fear.
- I've been called a "bigot" for my beliefs in Jesus, but in fact, that is untrue, because so-called "Christians" take this trait from me, because they can't fathom that I believe in all of what Jesus taught and they only a portion of what was decided by men.

- Ponder a moment - who really is a showing their bigotry if one definition is:
"the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust or hatred on the basis of a person's ethnicity, evaluative orientation, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, opinion, or other characteristics."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

or maybe this one instead....
"1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own. "
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotr...

Another descriptive word to use would be hypocrite - but that too can be perceived in many ways.

:o)

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#626174 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
~Morning~
“Failure is a detour,
not a dead-end street.”
~ Zig Ziglar
Though for the Day
Self. No religion required.

Albuquerque, NM

#626175 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, I believe You are using circumstances and events to move me into a place of patient waiting as You put me in the place You desire for me. Help my soul to mature, my faith to grow, my life to be more pure and dedicated to You. James 1:2-4 tells me, "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." Lord, I praise You in the midst of it all--my special trials and daily challenges--knowing that I must learn to be patient and content as I wait upon You. Thank You for being with me through every trial, every day. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
"knowing that I must learn to be patient and content"
- an action of Self.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

Praying to "God" - another action by Self.

Wow - you sure do alot of things to believe the way you do, so why don't you accept all of what Jesus taught, instead of the bits and pieces given or the major teachings of "Paul"?

Do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#626176 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Word.....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5
K-Love
Contradicting words.

If I am to "trust in the Lord" - how am I to do that, if I don't exert the "trust" first, which is an action of Self.

And then you think the secondary portion of this Proverb is just as correct.

First off, "my understanding" is my consciousness and learning and an action of Self.

If I don't depend upon my understanding of trust, how does one go about and give the Lord trust to use?

Textual criticism is not your strong suit.

Just because something is written, doesn't make it an accurate state by any means - as I just showed you your err in believing what those words state.

Move past the words and understand their meaning.

Albuquerque, NM

#626178 Apr 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Five Simple Rules For Happiness
Free your Heart from Hatred
Free your Mind from Worries
Live Simply
Give More
Expect Less
Self - no religion required.

“Peace”

Earth

#626179 Apr 10, 2014
or

North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley: "Put Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen To Kill Them Off
Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, N.C.

"I got a way, I figured out a way to rid of lesbians and queers, but I couldn't get it passed the congress.

"Build a great big large fence. 50 or a hunderd mile long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals. And have that fence electrified so they can't get out. And you know what, in a few years they'll die out.

“Peace”

Earth

#626180 Apr 10, 2014
or
North Carolina Pastor Sean Harris: Parents Should 'Punch' Their Effeminate Children

exerts
Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok? You are not going to act like that.

"So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying,'Man up,

“Peace”

Earth

#626183 Apr 10, 2014

"Peter Lucas Moses, the leader of a Durham, N.C. polygamist group, has admitted to killing his ex-girlfriend and a 4-year-old boy...According to WRAL news, prosecutors say Moses shot the boy because he thought he was gay

“"None shall pass"”

There

#626184 Apr 10, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NWTAQLitAkEXX
"Peter Lucas Moses, the leader of a Durham, N.C. polygamist group, has admitted to killing his ex-girlfriend and a 4-year-old boy...According to WRAL news, prosecutors say Moses shot the boy because he thought he was gay
Such is the "love" of Christianity.

Sickening isn't it ?

“Peace”

Earth

#626186 Apr 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Such is the "love" of Christianity.
Sickening isn't it ?
sadly is that most don't see the connection to the suffering and deaths among the lgbt community they cause.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#626187 Apr 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, the dude has issues.
Is nice and kisses your a$$ one minute then when you reject his pm come ons, he goes psycho or "dirty" as he puts it.
I thought he was assssup at first, same disgusting m o, now I just don't give a damn, Shrinkie can have him.
Best advice I ever got when I first came to topix was "don't use a photo of yourself here" (may not be verbatim), should've listened but now I don't care anymore about that either.
Reading a bit further.. I get it.
Funny how people can justify being "dirty" as "pusherman" suggests.

Hi Luci.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min narcissisttrump 981,305
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 673,247
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min ROCCO 104,712
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,620
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr YTubeNews 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Peter Ross 445,859
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,187
More from around the web