Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#626133 Apr 9, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
TAMPA -- Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be "a sissy," the boy's mother testified Monday.
Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year-old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.
He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.
"He was trying to teach him how to fight," said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. "He was concerned that the child might be gay."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/07/14/1306... #
I really couldn't think of anything to say about those shocking news articles! Except maybe this:

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#626134 Apr 9, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh ,I wasn't remotely surprised. Mildly interested was all.
:-)

When I was a kid, it was all the televangelist scandals. Jim Bakker one week, Jimmy Swaggart the next.

I guess the cynicism began then...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#626135 Apr 9, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a kid, it was all the televangelist scandals. Jim Bakker one week, Jimmy Swaggart the next.
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world.

why would you look to baker or swaggart? who else have you found to be perfect, believer or unbeliever?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#626136 Apr 9, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world.
why would you look to baker or swaggart? who else have you found to be perfect, believer or unbeliever?
Nothing in your book. That's for damn sure....and your character substantiates that finding further.
Your religion is and has been corrupted and rotten since it's very inception...and YOU are a perfect example of the result.
Now just go away so we can breath.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#626141 Apr 9, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in your book. That's for damn sure....and your character substantiates that finding further.
Your religion is and has been corrupted and rotten since it's very inception...and YOU are a perfect example of the result.
Now just go away so we can breath.
based on how YOU talk on these threads, i don't like your character or your religion either!

too bad that your god has already lost to my God and now he's just being used like a rented mule to test the hearts of people who choose to love vanity more than God;-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#626143 Apr 9, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
based on how YOU talk on these threads, i don't like your character or your religion either!
too bad that your god has already lost to my God and now he's just being used like a rented mule to test the hearts of people who choose to love vanity more than God;-)
You fit right in with them pedophile priests...and those that are showering your post with positive icons are probably perverts like you as well.
Your deity is a fraud, you are a fraud, and so are those who condone your nasty behavior. You all deserve each other.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#626144 Apr 9, 2014
Because you are his most precious gift, and his child.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#626145 Apr 9, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't "God" - please stop misleading others with false information based upon the decisions of men.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#626146 Apr 9, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#626147 Apr 9, 2014
Don’t trust your heart
By Billy Graham
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him ...
—Luke 23:33
One of the ironies of human nature is that it often has a way of rejecting the best and accepting the worst. Why did the crowd ask for the release of Barabbas and the crucifixion of Jesus? The answer is in the biblical statement,“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked.” Jesus is just as divine today and just as much alive as He was on that first Good Friday. Yet millions today don’t accept Him. His goodness is still a rebuke to our badness; His purity still shows up our impurities; His sinlessness still reveals our sinfulness; and unless we allow Him to destroy the evil within us, the evil within us still wants to destroy Him. This is the conflict of the ages.
Prayer for the day
Lord Jesus, when I reflect upon the agony of Your death at Calvary, my heart is once again humbled at the magnitude of Your love for all mankind.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#626150 Apr 9, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I never was never indoctrinated so was not surprised that humans lied and manipulated others.

"There are only two perfect people in this world; You and me. I don't trust you and don't count on me." - anonymous

“"None shall pass"”

There

#626151 Apr 9, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're supposed to look to Jesus as the perfect God who became a perfect Man to take away the sin of the world....
God knocked up a teen so it could give birth to itself so it could kill itself and then raise itself from the dead so that it doesn't have to torture people who recite the "right" magic words.

Such a clever combination of Hercules and Odin you have for a SkyDaddy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#626152 Apr 9, 2014
Tracy Green wrote:
Because you are his most precious gift, and his child.
Jesus owes me back support then.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#626153 Apr 10, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to be a horse's ass ...okay by me.
Hey Hick Up - it is a two way street for some and the fence is up in the middle... my side and her side. I make mistakes and apologise, she makes mistakes and thinks she is perfect and I don't believe I've ever seen her say sorry or apologise for the many nasty words she has shared in here, and we probably never will. I'm happy with my side, knowing we are not perfect but happy to be works in progress, fixing that which needs fixing. Rarely post at all in here anymore, just wanted to say "howdy" and to tell you not to worry about certain posts, it might be like banging your head against a brick wall :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#626154 Apr 10, 2014
"Religion will eventually become as offensive and unacceptable as racism."

- Chris O'dowd

What's interesting is that christianity encourages racism, as well as homophobia, bigotry and hate.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#626155 Apr 10, 2014
~Morning~

“Failure is a detour,
not a dead-end street.”

~ Zig Ziglar

Though for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#626156 Apr 10, 2014
Today's Prayer

God, I believe You are using circumstances and events to move me into a place of patient waiting as You put me in the place You desire for me. Help my soul to mature, my faith to grow, my life to be more pure and dedicated to You. James 1:2-4 tells me, "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." Lord, I praise You in the midst of it all--my special trials and daily challenges--knowing that I must learn to be patient and content as I wait upon You. Thank You for being with me through every trial, every day. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#626157 Apr 10, 2014
Encouraging Word.....

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

K-Love

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#626158 Apr 10, 2014
Five Simple Rules For Happiness

Free your Heart from Hatred

Free your Mind from Worries

Live Simply

Give More

Expect Less

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#626159 Apr 10, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
~Morning~
“Failure is a detour,
not a dead-end street.”
~ Zig Ziglar
Though for the Day
Mornin'...

My thought for the day...

I hadn't looked in on this thread since Sunday...only took a couple of seconds to realize that I wish I hadn't.

My next thought of the day was (well...I did have other thoughts this morning but that is another story...) I might respond to a few posts...then luckily I thought...nope...not worth it.

My real thought for the day is however...

Why do we as humans go out of our way just to ridicule others...those others being strangers that if we passed on the street...might look the other way...or at best nod and keep going?

I had more...I think however I will stop at this...it is just not worth stepping on someone elses toes.

So...my friend...I do hope that all is well with you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Trump Lied Steele... 71,887
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 699,471
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 41 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,426
Need good hookup adult dating sites 49 min zan 4
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 hr Doctor REALITY 134
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 6 hr Doctor REALITY 10
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 6 hr Doctor REALITY 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Gabriel 995,082