Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#625543 Mar 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life, NOT taking pride in what one is and does leads to failure.
Jeremiah 9:23 - Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty [man] glory in his might, let not the rich [man] glory in his riches:
Isaiah 2:11-17 - The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
2 Timothy 3:4 - Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
1 Corinthians 3:18 - Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#625544 Mar 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life, NOT taking pride in what one is and does leads to failure.
Luke 1:51 - He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
Jeremiah 13:15 - Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud: for the LORD hath spoken.
1 Corinthians 8:2 - And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
Romans 1:30 - Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#625545 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing wrong with having Pride in oneself, Boastful Pride would be another matter.
Peter Denied his Lord because he was a Coward.. Afraid of Being Killed. Peter was/is nothing but a hypocrite, to me anyway. I don't know if that's the Peter (The Rock) if it was, Jesus probably thought, what the Hell was I thinking!
Hey PM
To not do things that are wrong or learn things is good as is keeping ourselves fit but we have to be careful. Humans are prone to get too prideful and start relying on ourselves and without really realizing it leave God out of it.

Yes it was Peter the rock. I think Peter said it with love and meant it but after seeing what was happened did chicken out. Jesus knew it would happen and forgave him.
HFN

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#625550 Mar 27, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:51 - He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
Jeremiah 13:15 - Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud: for the LORD hath spoken.
1 Corinthians 8:2 - And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
Romans 1:30 - Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
all the verses you posted are examples of ones EGO

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#625551 Mar 27, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
River Tam is a tough, intelligent, strong-willed young woman. Trust me, his comment didn't even ruffle her feathers.
I am sure she is, but it takes a real POS to say that to someone that has shared a private matter like that..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#625552 Mar 27, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
all the verses you posted are examples of ones EGO
That may be your ****opinion**** but it is not mine. You believe what you want and so will I..
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#625553 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure she is, but it takes a real POS to say that to someone that has shared a private matter like that..
You're concerned, and that's admirable. Sometimes, things aren't what they appear to be. Let me try and explain.
It's common knowledge around here that River has an artificial leg. She's talked about it for years. Dr. Shrink has probably made that same comment multiple times, so it has no effect, never really did. Shrink does what he does - why?- who knows, but if you talk to him with a civil tongue, you'll get a civil answer.
As River Tam is fond of saying, "It's just a game."

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#625554 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure she is, but it takes a real POS to say that to someone that has shared a private matter like that..
Lol. Are you not familiar with my pet troll? Shrinkie dink just needs a nap.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#625555 Mar 27, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>That may be your ****opinion**** but it is not mine. You believe what you want and so will I..
"So, there!"

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#625556 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure she is, but it takes a real POS to say that to someone that has shared a private matter like that..
It is not human. You can now say you have actually witnessed a true alien.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#625557 Mar 27, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're concerned, and that's admirable. Sometimes, things aren't what they appear to be. Let me try and explain.
It's common knowledge around here that River has an artificial leg. She's talked about it for years. Dr. Shrink has probably made that same comment multiple times, so it has no effect, never really did. Shrink does what he does - why?- who knows, but if you talk to him with a civil tongue, you'll get a civil answer.
As River Tam is fond of saying, "It's just a game."
No you won't.
Please stop your lying.

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#625558 Mar 27, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be your ****opinion**** but it is not mine. You believe what you want and so will I..
I am sorry, the word EGO is not in the bible

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#625559 Mar 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll tell you everything I've learned" and "Love" is all He said.
http://vimeo.com/58261605
'Boy with a Moon and Star on his Head'- Cat Stevens
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
-And Love was all he said..
La la la la lala la..la la
la la..la la la la la la..
Love was all He said.
Thanks G.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#625560 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing wrong with having Pride in oneself, Boastful Pride would be another matter.
Peter Denied his Lord because he was a Coward.. Afraid of Being Killed. Peter was/is nothing but a hypocrite, to me anyway. I don't know if that's the Peter (The Rock) if it was, Jesus probably thought, what the Hell was I thinking!
Good point.

There are two ways to take the Pslam, "Pride goeth before a fall".

1. False Pride precedes failure.
2. Real Pride leaves before failure.

Both are quite evident in real life.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625561 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
I find the story of the disciples hiding and denying Jesus to be either ridiculous or that the disciples were worthless scumbags.

Real men would have hung beside him on the cross, even if he was just a dear friend or beloved leader and nothing else. That they allegedly watched and documented His miracles and understood His teachings for over a year and then ran away is IMHO a complete denial of who and what Jesus was.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#625562 Mar 27, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
And because they cannot seem to suppress us all here to their bidding, the TV Evangelicals have gone to Africa to get their "Kill the Gays" law passed.
They are as sick and evil, as sick and evil gets.
Hate is the poison to the soul. And they sure do love that poison of hate.
Why do they care who is or isn't gay??
Men on this site have stated they fantasize about female on female sex..
- yet, would bash upon a male on male love affair- sex.

Seems pretty selfish to me..self serving Christians.;
Not What Jesus Would Do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625563 Mar 27, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they are... brings a different meaning to deut 22-5!
"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God." Deut. 22:5

Note the use of the word "abomination". The same as describes homosexuality (and whole lot of other things).

Doesn't that mean that women who wear pants are just as "evil" as gays ?

More of the cut and paste Bible of Modern Christianity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625564 Mar 27, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
or did peter deny knowing Jesus because it was meant to be? in that case Peter had no choice.
Just like Judas, he had no choice.
Just like the blind man in John 9:3
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
another example is Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
You are bringing up the 4000 year old unsolved contradiction between freewill and God's Will.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625565 Mar 27, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 16:5 ¶Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Galatians 6:3 – For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
Proverbs 11:2 [When] pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly [is] wisdom.
Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit?[there is] more hope of a fool than of him.
James 4:6 - But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Proverbs 16:18 - Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 27:2 - Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
False Pride or Real Pride ?
False praise or real accomplishment ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625566 Mar 27, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your opinion is based on ignorance, hatred and deceit so... Enjoy Hell. You have the reward for your ego.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 4 min DebraE 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Atheist Buster 48,273
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min X Pendable 182,634
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Rosesz 646,443
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min The Hangman 971,614
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 52 min ChristineM 445,706
Incest 1 hr Diderot 7
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web