Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#625559 Mar 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll tell you everything I've learned" and "Love" is all He said.
http://vimeo.com/58261605
'Boy with a Moon and Star on his Head'- Cat Stevens
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
-And Love was all he said..
La la la la lala la..la la
la la..la la la la la la..
Love was all He said.
Thanks G.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#625560 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing wrong with having Pride in oneself, Boastful Pride would be another matter.
Peter Denied his Lord because he was a Coward.. Afraid of Being Killed. Peter was/is nothing but a hypocrite, to me anyway. I don't know if that's the Peter (The Rock) if it was, Jesus probably thought, what the Hell was I thinking!
Good point.

There are two ways to take the Pslam, "Pride goeth before a fall".

1. False Pride precedes failure.
2. Real Pride leaves before failure.

Both are quite evident in real life.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625561 Mar 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing wrong with having Pride in oneself, Boastful Pride would be another matter.
Peter Denied his Lord because he was a Coward.. Afraid of Being Killed. Peter was/is nothing but a hypocrite, to me anyway. I don't know if that's the Peter (The Rock) if it was, Jesus probably thought, what the Hell was I thinking!
I find the story of the disciples hiding and denying Jesus to be either ridiculous or that the disciples were worthless scumbags.

Real men would have hung beside him on the cross, even if he was just a dear friend or beloved leader and nothing else. That they allegedly watched and documented His miracles and understood His teachings for over a year and then ran away is IMHO a complete denial of who and what Jesus was.

Location hidden

#625562 Mar 27, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
And because they cannot seem to suppress us all here to their bidding, the TV Evangelicals have gone to Africa to get their "Kill the Gays" law passed.
They are as sick and evil, as sick and evil gets.
Hate is the poison to the soul. And they sure do love that poison of hate.
Why do they care who is or isn't gay??
Men on this site have stated they fantasize about female on female sex..
- yet, would bash upon a male on male love affair- sex.

Seems pretty selfish to me..self serving Christians.;
Not What Jesus Would Do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625563 Mar 27, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they are... brings a different meaning to deut 22-5!
"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God." Deut. 22:5

Note the use of the word "abomination". The same as describes homosexuality (and whole lot of other things).

Doesn't that mean that women who wear pants are just as "evil" as gays ?

More of the cut and paste Bible of Modern Christianity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625564 Mar 27, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
or did peter deny knowing Jesus because it was meant to be? in that case Peter had no choice.
Just like Judas, he had no choice.
Just like the blind man in John 9:3
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
another example is Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
You are bringing up the 4000 year old unsolved contradiction between freewill and God's Will.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625565 Mar 27, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 16:5 ¶Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Galatians 6:3 – For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
Proverbs 11:2 [When] pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly [is] wisdom.
Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit?[there is] more hope of a fool than of him.
James 4:6 - But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Proverbs 16:18 - Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 27:2 - Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
False Pride or Real Pride ?
False praise or real accomplishment ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625566 Mar 27, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be your ****opinion**** but it is not mine. You believe what you want and so will I..
Well, your opinion is based on ignorance, hatred and deceit so... Enjoy Hell. You have the reward for your ego.

Location hidden

#625567 Mar 27, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
Nathan Phelps issues statement on the death of his father
The website Recovering From Religion has issued a press release sharing Nathan Phelps statement on the death of his father, Fred Phelps.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 24 2014 – On behalf of Nathan Phelps, son of former Westboro Baptist Church leader Fred Phelps, Recovering From Religion issues the following official statement:
“Fred Phelps is now the past. The present and the future are for the living. Unfortunately, Fred’s ideas have not died with him, but live on, not just among the members of Westboro Baptist Church, but among the many communities and small minds that refuse to recognize the equality and humanity of our brothers and sisters on this small planet we share. I will mourn his passing, not for the man he was, but for the man he could have been. I deeply mourn the grief and pain felt by my family members denied their right to visit him in his final days. They deserved the right to finally have closure to decades of rejection, and that was stolen from them.
Even more, I mourn the ongoing injustices against the LGBT community, the unfortunate target of his 23 year campaign of hate. His life impacted many outside the walls of the WBC compound, uniting us across all spectrums of orientation and belief as we realized our strength lies in our commonalities, and not our differences. How many times have communities risen up together in a united wall against the harassment of my family? Differences have been set aside for that cause, tremendous and loving joint efforts mobilized within hours…and because of that, I ask this of everyone – let his death mean something. Let every mention of his name and of his church be a constant reminder of the tremendous good we are all capable of doing in our communities.
The lessons of my father were not unique to him, nor will this be the last we hear of his words, which are echoed from pulpits as close as other churches in Topeka, Kansas, where WBC headquarters remain, and as far away as Uganda. Let’s end the support of hateful and divisive teachings describing the LGBT community as “less than,”“sinful,” or “abnormal.” Embrace the LGBT community as our equals, our true brothers and sisters, by promoting equal rights for everyone, without exception. My father was a man of action, and I implore us all to embrace that small portion of his faulty legacy by doing the same.”
Thanks for this, Seen.

Through this sons heartache he obviously knew right from wrong..
Bravo to this family. I hope they can now begin to heal.
This is an outstanding statement written by Nathan Phelps.

Ding Dong- the witch is dead.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#625568 Mar 27, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text> I am sorry, the word EGO is not in the bible
According to Judaism it is, they call it satan.

Location hidden

#625569 Mar 27, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are now denying that a while back, when all that hate was posted towards homosexuals, you didn't also post anything bashing homosexuals?
Not sure she ever has...
Yet, being silent while it is happening-
is unacceptable..
The intent of the heart can't be hidden..

Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#625570 Mar 27, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text> I am sorry, the word EGO is not in the bible
Don’t complain to me about the word EGO. You used it not me. I suspect you just want to disagree, I’m not interested.
Have a good Night/day.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#625571 Mar 27, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure she ever has...
Yet, being silent while it is happening-
is unacceptable..
The intent of the heart can't be hidden..
Is judging others while telling them not to judge any better? Is that acceptable yet letting people throw insults at each other is not? And believe me if you call one side down then calling the other down is only fair, or at least should be done.

I got tired of calling Christians down only to have non believers be nasty to them. I told them I was through calling them down for them to do their own dirty work.

That does not apply to all situations. Some like Annie, Rider, Mac, etc… are some that can not agree but don’t go around being nasty about it all the time.(Sorry, I’m not meaning to leave anyone out).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#625572 Mar 27, 2014

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#625573 Mar 28, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>Don’t complain to me about the word EGO. You used it not me. I suspect you just want to disagree, I’m not interested.
Have a good Night/day.
There's that ego again.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#625574 Mar 28, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>Is judging others while telling them not to judge any better? Is that acceptable yet letting people throw insults at each other is not? And believe me if you call one side down then calling the other down is only fair, or at least should be done.

I got tired of calling Christians down only to have non believers be nasty to them. I told them I was through calling them down for them to do their own dirty work.

That does not apply to all situations. Some like Annie, Rider, Mac, etc… are some that can not agree but don’t go around being nasty about it all the time.(Sorry, I’m not meaning to leave anyone out).
You're pretty nasty yourself, did you think it wasn't noticeable because you're passive aggressive about it?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#625575 Mar 28, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know the woman, but her sharing that she had lost a leg, then you make a reply like that to her, says a lot about your character.. you don't have any!
Were you replying to Shrink? He's like the husk that gets stuck between your teeth when you're eating popcorn. You work it out and spit it on the black top when you leave the theatre.
UIdiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#625576 Mar 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you replying to Shrink? He's like the husk that gets stuck between your teeth when you're eating popcorn. You work it out and spit it on the black top when you leave the theatre.
I got to agree with him that Doctor Shrink a racist inhuman low like Scvm , he a religion have not taught him empathy for humanity, the bad thing he said about you just doesn't warant this treat on handicap-of-society. he is moron!:) You must be mad with him?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#625577 Mar 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was replying to his comment toward you..I didn't mean to Intervene.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#625578 Mar 28, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I was replying to his comment toward you..I didn't mean to Intervene.
You didn't intervene. I haven't read one of his comments for over a year now.

He's now quite right. You can figure that out by yourself if you want or take my advice.

Ignore, scroll on by...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min 07 Mustang 8,088
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 682,008
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aerobatty 124,049
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min The Mod Squad 286,502
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 982,433
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,373
--- for SIDE SLEEPERS --- *Instant Better Comfo... 3 hr Arm Pillow Max 1
More from around the web