Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624854 Mar 14, 2014
Happiness
By Billy Graham
So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time.
—Matthew 6:34 (TLB)
King George V wrote on the flyleaf of the Bible of a friend,“The secret of happiness is not to do what you like to do, but to learn to like what you have to do.” Too many think of happiness as some sort of will-o’-the-wisp thing that is discovered by constant and relentless searching. It is not found by seeking. It is not an end in itself. Pots of gold are never found at the end of the rainbow, as we used to think when we were children; gold is mined from the ground or panned laboriously from a mountain stream.
Jesus once told His disciples,“Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” The “things” He spoke of were the things that make us feel happy and secure—food, drink, clothes, shelter. He told us not to make these the chief goal of our lives but to “seek the kingdom” and these needs would be automatically supplied. There, if we will take it, is the secret of happiness.
Prayer for the day
Forgive me, Father, for the times when I am anxious. You have promised to take care of all my needs.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#624855 Mar 14, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
((((Truths))))
:) Thank Billy Graham and when we heed Gods guidance.
Hi, HFN.

Hope you are having a glorious day.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#624856 Mar 14, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. Nuff said.
BTW, I wear gloves. ;)

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#624857 Mar 14, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
Happiness
By Billy Graham
So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time.
King George V wrote on the flyleaf of the Bible of a friend,“The secret of happiness is not to do what you like to do, but to learn to like what you have to do.” Too many think of happiness as some sort of will-o’-the-wisp thing that is discovered by constant and relentless searching. It is not found by seeking. It is not an end in itself. Pots of gold are never found at the end of the rainbow, as we used to think when we were children; gold is mined from the ground or panned laboriously from a mountain stream.
Jesus once told His disciples,“Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” The “things” He spoke of were the things that make us feel happy and secure—food, drink, clothes, shelter. He told us not to make these the chief goal of our lives but to “seek the kingdom” and these needs would be automatically supplied. There, if we will take it, is the secret of happiness.
Prayer for the day
Forgive me, Father, for the times when I am anxious. You have promised to take care of all my needs.
I like it. Much too often I have found myself fretting over such things only to have my needs met just when needed most.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#624858 Mar 14, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I wear gloves. ;)
Best wishes Drew.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#624859 Mar 14, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Best wishes Drew.
Same to you, BT.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#624860 Mar 14, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>'Gott mit Uns'
ja, wahrlich or furwhar !

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#624861 Mar 14, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Too often people become focused on the "sins" of others while ignoring their own misgivings thus trampling God's grace underfoot. I do believe that this causes sadness in Heaven. We, as believers, have a task before us to spread the gospel. It is up to God to do the rest. Neither you, nor I or anyone else has the ability to save another, but we do have the ability to share the gospel; confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised him from the dead. All believers should focus on the spiritual things much more than the physical things; a point stated by Jesus and restated by Paul and finally realized by other apostles.
Amen

((((Drew))))

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#624862 Mar 14, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
Happiness
By Billy Graham
Prayer for the day
Thanking Billy Graham (c: and God for His use of His willing servants- including you XO

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#624863 Mar 14, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, fellas. So which one gives the other a BJ?
WOA - Rosa! where did that come from? LOL!;-)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624866 Mar 14, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, HFN.
Hope you are having a glorious day.
Hey You,
:)
Nice to see you Drew. I am and hope the same for you!
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624867 Mar 14, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it. Much too often I have found myself fretting over such things only to have my needs met just when needed most.
I know what you mean. I also like it much better when I rely on God when doing something I’m not sure I am ready to do. I give it to Him and trust that if He wants it then it will happen. If He doesn’t then nothing lost. It really is amazing when everything falls into place.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624868 Mar 14, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanking Billy Graham (c: and God for His use of His willing servants- including you XO
:)
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#624869 Mar 14, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Best wishes Drew.
Ahoy Capn.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#624870 Mar 14, 2014
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahoy Capn.
Hey Rosa!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#624871 Mar 14, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
And, maybe because they focus their time on
"sin"
rather than Love?
Tragic;
Love and forgiveness. Tragically missing from Christianity.

"I want you to know that a righteous person can forgive sins on Earth." - Jesus (Mark 2:10)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#624872 Mar 14, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
They would be close to primary souces then, if they were close to the event. Which are certainly a lot more reliable. Old newspapers are the same, even if copied online.
That is why historians will seek out the earliest manuscripts and provide a variety of interpretations/translations of them.

The historian evaluates ALL documents and interpretations.
The theologian rejects everything that does not fit their own preconceived/indoctrinated beliefs.

That is the difference between science and religion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#624873 Mar 14, 2014
Truths wrote:
of course you knoow I meant applcaTion .
Yep. No problem.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#624874 Mar 14, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Le le.
Jesus wept because of the failure of those around Him to recognize who he truly was. He already knew that when he called into the tomb that Lazarus was going to emerge. Those that were there were only concerned with the physical and not the spiritual. So he had no reason to weep at Lazarus' death. His sadness was caused by the spiritual blindness of those in attendance.
We are in agreement once again.

I use "Jesus wept" in that sense quite often.
I honestly feel that Christians are so concerned with 'Paul', Religious Doctrines, fitting in with their "church", etc. that they ignore the teachings of Jesus.

Do you realize how hard it is for me to try to love you ? At least I stopped hating you. That is only because Jesus taught that I am supposed to love you. It is not easy for me but if I gave up I would be denying Jesus (IMHO).

Does one really need more than Jesus to follow ?
awesome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#624875 Mar 14, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rosa!
hi ENGRISH
TRY TO SPELL CORRECT ENGLISH,
not HEY only HI
not engrish only english?
not Gott mit uns?
because you are pos and not belong to "UNS"
Dumb engrish fart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 104,284
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Phooey 672,678
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Gabriel 981,084
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Peter Ross 6,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web