#624631 Mar 8, 2014
I'm Outta Here.....

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#624632 Mar 8, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the attitude that allowed the holocaust to take place.
"Who cares. They are just killing Jews. It doesn't affect me."
I wasn't speaking on that high of a level "G"...I think you know that though.

What any of them think about me...what they see as my future (burning in hell)...if they disagree with me...if they think that I am some evil person...even if they call me Angel of Satan...doesn't affect who I am.

I just got through reading this...(article is from Yahoo but the figures are from Pew Research)...

http://news.yahoo.com/half-millennials-more-l...

I thought...if figures are representative of the larger mass...that there is much from those figures that are very telling about the trend. I know...there will be some that says...who cares...Christianity and Christians say "good riddance"...they would rather bury their heads in the sand than to think about why. I'm okay with that though...if they want to stay in the dark about the "why"...it doesn't affect me on a daily basis.

I am a bit offended that you would take my "opinion" and compare it to the holocaust. I don't think that I have ever given any reason for anyone to think that I have that mindset. Oh well...what you think of me doesn't affect my daily life either.

That is the long and short of things "G"...what people here in WSJLM...Topix...or any other "online media"...even the people next door to me in real life...doesn't affect who I am and what I do...so why should it matter to me. It is only when they step out of their space in to someone elses that it becomes a concern. That is what the focus should be...people staying in their own mud puddle.

I am rambling...I know but...

Never mind...I have been here long enough this morning...will leave the rest of it for another day.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#624633 Mar 8, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa.....You read alot into that...Didn't you....LOL
What do you think this is.....((-*- <<< (upside down smooch?)
Here is my winking one.....((*L-))
Good for you Friend....3 miles is Great...When is the race? We have one here too. You can run or walk....Its for Cancer research...
I am trying to keep up...Today it will be 70 and sunny so maybe I will walk and enjoy the blooming springtime
You will make your goal...Go For it A.J.
LOL Yes...I suppose that I did.

You have heard that line "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"??? Well either one of too things...I was trying to make sure that mind didn't go to waste...or...it already went there!

So...today I was supposed to go hiking...but they say there are thunder storms moving in so I guess that the only hiking that I will do is in my living room. Maybe I will just put a picture up on my computer of a mountain trail and pretend!

Yes...walking out doors...especially since you live in the country...it is like a reconnection IMO. Outside my door is busy life...I have a couple of places nearby that I walk to that is away from some of the hustle and bustle. Then for hikes I go out a ways to get back to nature. Some of the trails are breath taking.

Oh well...I have a ways to go before I can climb that mountain!

Have a good one Epi...I wish you happy walking along the trail!

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#624638 Mar 8, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it would be more honest, if they were to interpret it that way, but as long as they buy into the concept of sin, then they will either apply it equitably in a collective sense, or they will apply it in a self aggrandizing sanctimonious way in which they hypocritically accentuate certain so-called sins. What your saying ( correct me if I'm wrong), is they can't understand that (they) chose Christianity, and that being most likely the case, then the precepts of Christianity solely would apply to them, not anyone outside of that religion, I understand what you're saying.
The only problem is, Christians don't really think that they, through their own volition, chose Christianity, they believe some supernatural force selected them, or guided them to it, which would mean their deity has their life predestined, and if life is predestined then there is a conflict with the concept of free will, if all events are willed by some magical being, then autonomy and free will is non-existent, the only deterministic reality would be that all events could then be traced back to a supernatural being willing it. Murder would be willed by God, wars would be willed by God, natural disasters would be willed by God, and its creations would be little more than automatons helpless to the will of their omnipotent creator.
Why would God will that some people be guided to Christianity and then condemn those who are not Christians? I agree though, the helpless dependence on an arbitrary power is nothing short of abject indolence.
Well, I think that only some believe that way, but it's more complicated than that.

Some pick and choose what they want to believe, instead of following ALL that their alleged "god" demands they follow. And so some of the Christbots want to believe that they are "saved", and their "sins" don't count anymore, and refuse to see that the alleged "word" of their "god" demands "good works" also. Instead they think that they can "sin" all they want, and STILL get that free pass into Heaven. So they no longer care what they do, and use their mythology to look down upon, hate, and arrogantly condemn others who do not follow their mythology.

Another bunch of Christians are just plain narcissistic. And they have a total disconnect of what they do and say to others, no matter how cruel, malicious, or just plain evil, to their self image of being a Christian, which belief, all by itself, makes them pure and holier than thou beings, and everybody else is the foul low life "sinners" by default. I and others have tried to make them see the evilness of what they do, but it's impossible to get thru their self delusion of being a pure and holier than thou saintly "christian".

Others are attracted to Christianity full well knowing that they are evil, but like wrapping their evilness in the cloak of Christian righteousness. And get more mileage out of doing horrifically evil things in the name of God. With a sub group of hateful bigots who fit into this category.

Then there are those who are just plain stupid and easily brainwashed. It is what Christianity is all about. To become the useful idiots of the Christian leaders. So if they tell their mindless Christbots, that out of all the "sins", homosexuality is a grave "sin" and must not be tolerated, the useful idiots fall right into line and get all riled up over them "sinful demons". But it's only a ploy by the religious leaders to give them some common enemy to rally against, to hate, because it keeps them feeling "special" and side tracks their easily sidetracked minds away from the fact that the Christian leaders are just self serving evil men who have no real spiritual understanding or answers.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#624641 Mar 8, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they always want to refight the Crusades - again, in the 21C?!! It's been going on since 9-11.
I think in many cases religion is just an excuse to justify murder and warfare. An example would be the current atrocities in Africa. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with tribal identity and control of resources.

In the Middle East, it is more complicated but the same root causes, identity and resources.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#624642 Mar 8, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking on that high of a level "G"...I think you know that though.
What any of them think about me...what they see as my future (burning in hell)...if they disagree with me...if they think that I am some evil person...even if they call me Angel of Satan...doesn't affect who I am.
I just got through reading this...(article is from Yahoo but the figures are from Pew Research)...
http://news.yahoo.com/half-millennials-more-l...
I thought...if figures are representative of the larger mass...that there is much from those figures that are very telling about the trend. I know...there will be some that says...who cares...Christianity and Christians say "good riddance"...they would rather bury their heads in the sand than to think about why. I'm okay with that though...if they want to stay in the dark about the "why"...it doesn't affect me on a daily basis.
I am a bit offended that you would take my "opinion" and compare it to the holocaust. I don't think that I have ever given any reason for anyone to think that I have that mindset. Oh well...what you think of me doesn't affect my daily life either.
That is the long and short of things "G"...what people here in WSJLM...Topix...or any other "online media"...even the people next door to me in real life...doesn't affect who I am and what I do...so why should it matter to me. It is only when they step out of their space in to someone elses that it becomes a concern. That is what the focus should be...people staying in their own mud puddle.
I am rambling...I know but...
Never mind...I have been here long enough this morning...will leave the rest of it for another day.
Recall that the holocaust began with a small group of radicals "doing God's work".

I am not going to sit by and let the radicals take over the USA.
If we sit idly by while religion is used as an excuse to hate others, from gays to atheists, then we are just as guilty by our silence.

I condemned the Church(es) for not speaking up during the Holocaust. If I stay silent I am just like them, aren't I ?

Current case:
If it had not been for our voices, not only would gays marriage be forever forbidden, but sodomy laws would still be on the books to put homosexuals in prison like they did just a few decades ago in the USA.

It is our voices that move freedom forward for all. Our silence makes us slaves.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

And thank you JESUS for caring

#624643 Mar 8, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>...
Xian love - a case of what's love got to do with it?!!
Many don't find their postings offensive as they offend Christians in general.... funny about that, it can be seen clearly by many as an insult, and yet something to laugh at by others.

We are celebrating St Patricks day in style down here, going all out with the Irish food and music, green hats and the green food colouring in the beer. Looking forward to it
PrinceV Pipke Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#624644 Mar 8, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall that the holocaust began with a small group of radicals "doing God's work".
If we sit idly by while religion is used as an excuse to hate others, from gays to atheists, then we are just as guilty by our silence.
I condemned the Church(es) for not speaking up during the Holocaust. If I stay silent I am just like them, aren't I ?
Current case:
If it had not been for our voices, not only would gays marriage be forever forbidden, but sodomy laws would still be on the books to put homosexuals in prison like they did just a few decades ago in the USA.
It is our voices that move freedom forward for all. Our silence makes us slaves.
you half head sick brain,
play big shot and big internet mouth, but you are nobody, less than Null,
and nobody hear your voice or any action,
Aids works more faster than yout brain you dumb cyber thread philosoph and god believes that you change this world

look at what you achieve past 3 years on this topic?
completly nothing,null,zero,nobody even spe at your past posts and this crazy psychopath insane bablings from your filthy bed- place of you 24 hours inheriatance,and filthy never changed pijama,sleep, live,s..in this pijama and walk around dirty living room like lunatic?

if you would be able to put laud your voice,
You wouldn't be here,only you would work in Government,or Public Society relation from true freedom and prosperity

shesh
your post worth only stink and farts

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#624645 Mar 8, 2014
Waldens Pond ...

#624646 Mar 8, 2014
Some will recall I had two Bibles, one beautiful Black leather one, with rice pages, that is good for reading from, but not for marking, so I bought a White one with thicker pages.

While I was making notes, I noticed that there is different wording for certain Scriptures, which took away some of the original meaning, IMO.

Our thoughts are often our intentions as we make plans in our minds with how we are planning to spend the day, getting ready and carrying on. Pre meditated to a degree.

In Genesis 6:5 one of was them is "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (KJV)

and the other "Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (NKJV)

Another one that springs to mind is Abraham giving up his ghost;

KJV - Genesis 25:8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.

NKJV - Then Abraham breathed his last and died in a good old age, an old man and full of years, and was gathered to his people.

Subtle changes, but changes that reflect how we picture the image and the changes have had their effect. Our imaginations have been dulled....

#624648 Mar 8, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Current case:
You make it sound like life today is better than it was before and yet statistically, you would know you are wrong. I gather you are not focusing on one group of people and that you are taking into consideration all groups of people, including teenagers and children in school.

And what of those starving children in Africa and other 'third world countries'? What efforts are made about speaking out for them? How can there still be starving people in this world we all share together while we have people who are worth billions of dollars? Why do we pay sports people millions of dollars and let children starve? Who is speaking up about that current case and why hasn't it been stopped and children fed??

“"None shall pass"”

There

#624649 Mar 8, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You make it sound like life today is better than it was before and yet statistically, you would know you are wrong. I gather you are not focusing on one group of people and that you are taking into consideration all groups of people, including teenagers and children in school.
And what of those starving children in Africa and other 'third world countries'? What efforts are made about speaking out for them? How can there still be starving people in this world we all share together while we have people who are worth billions of dollars? Why do we pay sports people millions of dollars and let children starve? Who is speaking up about that current case and why hasn't it been stopped and children fed??
I do what I can and speak out for all oppressed people.
I can't change the world but I can leave it better than I found it.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#624650 Mar 9, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Yes...I suppose that I did.
You have heard that line "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"??? Well either one of too things...I was trying to make sure that mind didn't go to waste...or...it already went there!
So...today I was supposed to go hiking...but they say there are thunder storms moving in so I guess that the only hiking that I will do is in my living room. Maybe I will just put a picture up on my computer of a mountain trail and pretend!
Yes...walking out doors...especially since you live in the country...it is like a reconnection IMO. Outside my door is busy life...I have a couple of places nearby that I walk to that is away from some of the hustle and bustle. Then for hikes I go out a ways to get back to nature. Some of the trails are breath taking.
Oh well...I have a ways to go before I can climb that mountain!
Have a good one Epi...I wish you happy walking along the trail!
Walking outdoors is nice even if you live in the city, Annie. I went for a walk by the Harbour this morning; enjoying flowers, yachts, dogs, kids, etc. Oh, and the sunshine.

Climb every mountain...

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#624651 Mar 9, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in many cases religion is just an excuse to justify murder and warfare. An example would be the current atrocities in Africa. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with tribal identity and control of resources.
In the Middle East, it is more complicated but the same root causes, identity and resources.
That's probably true.

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#624652 Mar 9, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Many don't find their postings offensive as they offend Christians in general.... funny about that, it can be seen clearly by many as an insult, and yet something to laugh at by others.
We are celebrating St Patricks day in style down here, going all out with the Irish food and music, green hats and the green food colouring in the beer. Looking forward to it
Don't take it personally, I'm speaking from my experiences.

Happy Paddy's Day!

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#624653 Mar 9, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do what I can and speak out for all oppressed people.
I can't change the world but I can leave it better than I found it.
Now THAT is a good attitude to have.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#624654 Mar 9, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You make it sound like life today is better than it was before and yet statistically, you would know you are wrong. I gather you are not focusing on one group of people and that you are taking into consideration all groups of people, including teenagers and children in school.
it is ok

do not worry

the christian god loves those starving children

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#624655 Mar 9, 2014
Morning......

((*L-))

“Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.”

~ Maori Proverb

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624656 Mar 9, 2014
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I pray that you will give me strength, wisdom, knowledge and a sensitivity to recognize the opportunities before me to tell others about you. I pray that I will have eyes to see and ears to hear your message and your whispers and a heart to feel the prompting of the Holy Spirit to speak, to act, to make a difference in the lives of others. Thank you, God, for all you have done for me and all you will do through me for your glory and honor. I praise you, for you are great and mighty. You are my God and Creator, my Father and Nurturer, my God who is always there loving me, guiding me, and protecting me. Thank you, in Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624657 Mar 9, 2014
Encouraging Words....

Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people!

Psalm 66:5

K-Love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 881,012
Has anyone ever heard of the Coudenhoven-Kalerg... 23 min One Planet One Pe... 6
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 603,568
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 1 hr Lace dream 276
Ask me a trivia question (Oct '08) 2 hr hellohelloem 213,278
What Steps we can take to preserve and conserve... 2 hr blueair india 1
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 3 hr Ruby88 53,495
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr dollarsbill 8,359
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr sangili karuppan 7,656
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr Critical Eye 4,082
More from around the web