Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#624677 Mar 9, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text> i don't think many Christians know 17th century history very well. I also don't think many would want to live back then. Any biblical commentary from that time would stem from the thinking of the time.
If they don't know 17C history, there's always Google. Unless they really don't want to know.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#624678 Mar 9, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Paddy's Day to you too :)
To be sure, to be sure!
:-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#624679 Mar 9, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text> i don't think many Christians know 17th century history very well. I also don't think many would want to live back then. Any biblical commentary from that time would stem from the thinking of the time.
I could deal with it quite well.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624684 Mar 9, 2014
1 Corinthians 1:17 ¶For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
1 Corinthians 1:17-25 Paul had been bred up in Jewish learning; but the plain preaching of a crucified Jesus, was more powerful than all the oratory and philosophy of the heathen world. This is the sum and substance of the gospel. Christ crucified is the foundation of all our hopes, the fountain of all our joys. And by his death we live. The preaching of salvation for lost sinners by the sufferings and death of the Son of God, if explained and faithfully applied, appears foolishness to those in the way to destruction. The sensual, the covetous, the proud, and ambitious, alike see that the gospel opposes their favourite pursuits. But those who receive the gospel, and are enlightened by the Spirit of God, see more of God's wisdom and power in the doctrine of Christ crucified, than in all his other works. God left a great part of the world to follow the dictates of man's boasted reason, and the event has shown that human wisdom is folly, and is unable to find or retain the knowledge of God as the Creator. It pleased him, by the foolishness of preaching, to save them that believe. By the foolishness of preaching; not by what could justly be called foolish preaching. But the thing preached was foolishness to wordly-wise men. The gospel ever was, and ever will be, foolishness to all in the road to destruction. The message of Christ, plainly delivered, ever has been a sure touchstone by which men may learn what road they are travelling. But the despised doctrine of salvation by faith in a crucified Saviour, God in human nature, purchasing the church with his own blood, to save multitudes, even all that believe, from ignorance, delusion, and vice, has been blessed in every age. And the weakest instruments God uses, are stronger in their effects, than the strongest men can use. Not that there is foolishness or weakness in God, but what men consider as such, overcomes all their admired wisdom and strength.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624685 Mar 9, 2014
Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#624686 Mar 9, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Yes...I suppose that I did.
You have heard that line "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"??? Well either one of too things...I was trying to make sure that mind didn't go to waste...or...it already went there!
So...today I was supposed to go hiking...but they say there are thunder storms moving in so I guess that the only hiking that I will do is in my living room. Maybe I will just put a picture up on my computer of a mountain trail and pretend!
Yes...walking out doors...especially since you live in the country...it is like a reconnection IMO. Outside my door is busy life...I have a couple of places nearby that I walk to that is away from some of the hustle and bustle. Then for hikes I go out a ways to get back to nature. Some of the trails are breath taking.
Oh well...I have a ways to go before I can climb that mountain!
Have a good one Epi...I wish you happy walking along the trail!
When you go hiking be sure to stop and take time to admire those breathtaking blessings. Listen to Mother Earth and the spirits all around you.
Years ago I was led to a special place I love to go today. I had parked my car and crossed the road, then started down a small deer trail. Shortly after a deer jumped up and stopped to stair at me. I calmly said, its ok, I’m just looking for a quiet place to sit and pray. The deer calmly started grazing again and I walked on past. On up the trail I came to a fork. I could hear water running from a stream to the right and thought, that might be a peaceful place to go. As soon as I started to the right, a little bird who was sitting in the middle patch of weeds between the fork began to screech loudly. I was young then and didn’t listen well so I headed on down the right path. Very soon there was a huge spider web crossing the path. I stopped and could still hear the little bird behind me, but being stubborn and wanting to see the stream, I went around the spider web. Next though, I came to a small opening and it was covered with poison ivy. I could hear the stream much louder now, but finally came to my senses and thought.. I better go back to the fork and go left. As soon as I started on the left path, the little bird became quiet.

So I am walking along very slowly paying better attention to my senses and nature around me when the trail ends. I was in a small valley in the middle of the woods thinking ok, what now, when I looked down and of all things, there is an old rusty rail road spike. I happened to look at the direction the spike was pointing and up on the mountain side was a outcropping of big rocks. I started up the side of the small mountain and once again, there was the little deer path that led right up to the rocks. Once there, I walked and looked around a little bit. What I found was an old prayer circle made in stones. It was just big enough to sit in and had a large flat stone facing the east direction. The flat stone at the east of the circle is where you would place your offering and burn sage, sweet grass, and offer tobacco for prayers. I had been led to the place I was seeking to find.

Oddly, later I found a web page about a sacred site that was destroyed a couple hundred years ago. When the site was found, one of the persons there drew a picture of the site. I’ll post a link to it later. But there was a circle of stone poles, I believe, and an inner set of poles. When lined up, and lines drawn from the inner poles to the outer poles and then out across the earth, they crossed some amazing points around the earth..
One was the mountain I had been led to!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#624687 Mar 9, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
400 years ago. most of them would have been executed as heretics and witches.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#624688 Mar 9, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jesus was a flaming homosexual.

That doesn't bother me. He was trying to tell you to love him just the way he was.

Why won't you?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624689 Mar 9, 2014
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#624690 Mar 9, 2014
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#624691 Mar 9, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Yep. You're damned.

Enjoy Hell.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#624692 Mar 9, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven.....
Let me know when they come out on CD or MP3.

“Peace”

Earth

#624693 Mar 9, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't know 17C history, there's always Google. Unless they really don't want to know.
part of the allure for some might be that Christians were openly slaughtering non Christians in the name of God, had slaves, and women were nothing more then property...

“Peace”

Earth

#624694 Mar 9, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could deal with it quite well.
please explain more?
what are your thoughts?

“Peace”

Earth

#624695 Mar 9, 2014
here is the site i mentioned earlier.. it wasn't poles, rather perhaps a stone fence with openings?
http://www.tony5m17h.net/EtowahMounds.html

here is some more stone walls built in the area.

http://lostworlds.org/fort_mountain/
exerts
The Cherokee Indians who later inhabited these mountains have a legend that says the stone wall was constructed by a race of “moon-eyed” people. They also said that these people were nocturnal and lived underground, only coming out at night. These people were supposedly tall, light-skinned and had beards.

Spanish records indicate they encountered Hitchiti-speaking tribes living in “hollow’d mounds…fully covered in mud.” These mounds are likely identical to the earth lodge discovered at Ocmulgee Mounds in Macon, Georgia– a site also constructed by Hitchiti-speaking Native Americans. From the outside an earth lodge appears to be a mound of earth yet it is, in reality, a sophisticated structure covered in earth usually reserved for ritual or ceremonial purposes and likely the residence of a chief or priest (who would have been bearded.) Thus this seemingly bizarre part of the legend, subterranean dwellers, now has a plausible explanation as people who lived in earth lodges.
Lost In Transition

United States

#624696 Mar 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why Jesus didn't follow his father's command to be fruitful and multiply?
Somebody stole his abacus.
Lost In Transition

United States

#624697 Mar 9, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
The Cherokee Indians who later inhabited these mountains have a legend that says the stone wall was constructed by a race of “moon-eyed” people. They also said that these people were nocturnal and lived underground, only coming out at night. These people were supposedly tall, light-skinned and had beards.
Sounds like a family of meerkats.
And some loaded Cherokees.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#624698 Mar 10, 2014
Monday Morning Greetings....

“You already possess everything necessary to become great.”

~ Native American Proverb

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624699 Mar 10, 2014
Today's Prayer

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8). Thank you for your promises, Oh God! I want to draw closer to you, to feel your presence as never before. Fill me with reverence and awe and humbleness in your presence. Touch my soul and cover me in your joy and peace. Minister to me Lord, I pray. All praise and glory and honor be unto You. In the precious name of Jesus I come to you and trust in you, dear Lord. Amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624700 Mar 10, 2014
Encouraging Words....

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God!

Psalm 42:11

K-Love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 3 min Nohweh 179
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 665,119
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 6 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 46 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web