“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#624247 Feb 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you were in an accident, rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital and the doctor said "I am sorry, I am going to let you die because my religious beliefs don't let me treat non-Catholics."
I think that Catholic doctors may be bound in their hearts and beliefs because of Jesus, to serve, even outside of the law... or even Jewish doctors for that matter...because of their convictions.(unless the doctor is a hell ho, of course).

Any doctor who does not have any type of convictions might just let you die simply because you don't have insurance coverage.

But more to the point, if it were a gay person that was in an accident, had something stuck somewhere and was rushed to the hospital even under the would-be Arizona state law.... no Christian doctor is going to turn him or her away.

....But the doctor ought to discriminate who should be allowed in the operating room.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#624248 Feb 28, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. a wise friend of mine, schooled in constitutional law, wrote this. Please read it carefully ..
"Freedom of religion means freedom of religious BELIEFS, no more, no less. It doesn't mean that you have the right to discriminate, based on your religious beliefs. A person can't refuse to serve black people in a restaurant, based on religious beliefs. A parent can't deny medical treatment to a child, based on religious beliefs. A person can't go out and kill somebody, based on religious beliefs. The constitution protects the beliefs, but not actions that harm others, even if those actions are based on religious beliefs."
I mean, if gays feel that strongly about it... in that case... for example.... I wouldn't walk into a bake shop that has written somewhere on the store front, "Allah Akbar and Muhammed is his prophet" and ask them to bake a cake for me and have them put on it , "Jesus is the Son of God" I would just go somewhere else where they will service me without an issue and that is the end of that.

Common sense goes a long way.

But the truth is, the Gay community just wanted to pick a fight, rub our faces in it and that was the whole scope of the matter. But in doing so, they have disrupted freedom of religion for Christians or the practice of religious beliefs for Christians or whatever you want to call it. So, goal accomplished. Even so, with all the disturbances that the gay community brings and will continue to bring to us in the near and distant futre.... homosexuality (married or not) is STILL not something that is adored or accepted within genuine Christianity like it is with Enablers who accept it and the lgbt community lot who thinks that it is something that is righteous. The truth is this: Fornincation (which also includes Homosexuality) is a sin. It will always be a sin... forever and ever.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#624249 Feb 28, 2014
Morning...

“If you go out looking for friends,
you’re going to find they are very scarce.
If you go out to be a friend,
you’ll find them everywhere.”

~ Zig Ziglar

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624250 Feb 28, 2014
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Today I reach toward Heaven and ask You, and depend on You, to be the source of victory in my workplace and my life. May Your banner wave over my work and life so that You might receive glory. I know that You bring love and joy into my life, and I am a better and richer person because if it. Help me to share your love and life with others. I love you. In Jesus name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624251 Feb 28, 2014
Encouraging Words.....

Your laws are always right; help me to understand them so I may live.

Psalm 119:144

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624252 Feb 28, 2014
Have a Great day!!!

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Horse Trailer

#624253 Feb 28, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
Protected classes who have no choice…
Race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, disability.
BUT
A person can choose their religion, yet it is a protected class.
A person can choose not to be part of their parents' religion. Let me tell you: that's a long hard road over high mountains.

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#624254 Feb 28, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why, I guess, the same policy could be construed to have little old ladies, cancer-stricken...bound in a wheelchair or children felt all up by the TSA... when everyone knows which groups are mainly involved in certain terror acts. In those instances, it is okay to discriminate instead of being politically-correct all the time.
As far as the Arizona law which would allow a person to practice their beliefs with good conscious, well.... let's be truthful.... we all know what this is really about - the gays sounding an alarm to further their so-called gay rights agenda and to circumvent freedom of religion... specifically Christianity in which it condemns homosexuality.
I can see it now..
signs hanging up in windows,,, no gays allowed

A taxi pulling up to pick up a a fair then perceives the person as gay, the driver holds up the bible and drives away.

Gay only bathrooms in churches.(that allow gays in)

court appointed attorney: sorry judge, i don't defend faggots

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#624255 Feb 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can choose not to be part of their parents' religion. Let me tell you: that's a long hard road over high mountains.

Yes it is.. i remember being made to go to church as a child...
My mother still prays that god will change me.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#624256 Feb 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there,done that.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#624257 Feb 28, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your faults ARE obvious to others, your problem is that you just go into denial when they are pointed out.
Good Morning STOS :) You are mistaken, I don't deny my faults or go into denial about them. Have a great day :)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#624258 Feb 28, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me in "the book" where numerology and trusting a psychic is stated?
Can Serah show us?? It's not 1111 o'clock right now- but still..
Can you show me where it states those that believe - to have Christ in their
hearts- have the
God given right to wage a war against another?
Qu is actually talking war here. And you want to target Annie?
So sad.
Maybe this "book" you refer to is full of hate- and you like that- you all must.
I'm sure you'll be discussing this on the "other" site.
lol.
Too funny.
I'll start with your last statement (well..before the "lol)

No one has mentioned this or other conversations there- THAT is a place with people who like peace and not the grief of the mood here.

As for the other items which you mention- I have no doubt that they love Christ and have asked him into their hearts. Do I agree with numerology practice or waging war or other "extra's " ? No- I don't believe that should be in a Christians life- God's word is clear on many things we shouldn't do-

You accuse me of posting and believing in hate- yet you know that is not true about me personally-

I do think that you and Annie have fallen into posting generalizations and that you jump to opinions which you both used to know were not true- and that you both post with dislike toward people that you used to call friend.
I know that topix can have that effect on people who have been in the drama too long- you have befriended every negative insult slinging person here and have fallen into mimicking their way )c:

and I hope that the changes are not permanent.

I love you LeLe and I love Annie-

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#624259 Feb 28, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I mean, if gays feel that strongly about it... in that case... for example.... I wouldn't walk into a bake shop that has written somewhere on the store front, "Allah Akbar and Muhammed is his prophet" and ask them to bake a cake for me and have them put on it , "Jesus is the Son of God" I would just go somewhere else where they will service me without an issue and that is the end of that.
Common sense goes a long way.
But the truth is, the Gay community just wanted to pick a fight, rub our faces in it and that was the whole scope of the matter. But in doing so, they have disrupted freedom of religion for Christians or the practice of religious beliefs for Christians or whatever you want to call it. So, goal accomplished. Even so, with all the disturbances that the gay community brings and will continue to bring to us in the near and distant futre.... homosexuality (married or not) is STILL not something that is adored or accepted within genuine Christianity like it is with Enablers who accept it and the lgbt community lot who thinks that it is something that is righteous. The truth is this: Fornincation (which also includes Homosexuality) is a sin. It will always be a sin... forever and ever.
.. your right to believe is protected by law ..

.. your right to harm others based on those beliefs is not protected by law ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#624260 Feb 28, 2014
You're wrong. The reason for that law was not to avoid servicing gays.
[QUOTE who="Happy Lesbo"]<quoted text>
.. the ONLY reason for the proposed law was to avoid servicing gays, a protected class. That's blatant discrimination ..
.. if the Christian business owner doesn't want to serve gays, that's fine. Just be willing to accept the consequences ..
.. I'm done with this debate. You may have the last post ..
Of course you done with the debate because as usual you're wrong and you lose.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#624261 Feb 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Soo, are you one of them? A Nazi sympathizer...
Are you?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#624262 Feb 28, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you?
Non-responsive.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#624263 Feb 28, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
let me clarify
the intent was that sex, race, national origin, age, disability, refers to human conditions.
Religion is not a human condition, but yet is a protected class.
if religion can be a protected class, then why do many religious people wish to deny others the same right..
there are many state and federal laws that protect religious rights.
if i refused to rent to a Christian, because that person is a Christian, i could be sued.
if i fired a person because they are christian,,,
if i didn't hire a person because they are christian,,,
if i didn't sell a house to a Christian because they are Christian...
Why is it ok, To a Christian, to have laws protecting Christian rights, but Christians dont want to allow LGBT folks to share those same rights?
I agree with you.
I try to point that what these Christians really want is a Christian version of "Shari Law" imposed on every one.
They want their rights protected and no one else's.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#624264 Feb 28, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ BenAdam... for info purposes:
According to the APA - American Psychological Association, as of Dec 2011 there are no scientific findings that a person is born a homosexual. "No findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."
http://www.torahdec.org/FatAPA.aspx#F1
EXCERPT:“There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors.”
http://www.apa.org/topics/sexuality/orientati...
So what if being gay is a choice ?
So is committing adultery.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#624265 Feb 28, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Have a Great day!!!
Have a wonderful day Epiphany.

Good morning everyone.

MercyMe 'Shake'

“Love much, trust none”

There

#624266 Feb 28, 2014
Should Christian doctors have the right to refuse to treat gay patients ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Sherlayne 542,596
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min ROCCO 739,591
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 15 min Hopey 12
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Rider on the Storm 173,684
are alex jones fans retarded? 27 min Pegasus 7
Last Word + 2 32 min andet1987 711
Word association game (Aug '08) 34 min andet1987 53,316
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 259,526
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 227,527
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••