Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#624465 Mar 3, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
<smiles> Binary....
There are 10 kinds of people in the world...

The Borderland of Sol

#624466 Mar 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
All the best with that, Mac.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9NIT_G0NDYUXX
Thanks, Rosa.
I'm looking forward to it - and no worries, we have Internet there, too.

The Borderland of Sol

#624467 Mar 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right, Ben. The black people and others empower themselves this way.
I even called myself a Paddy with pride. Originally, it was a racist slur against the Irish.
Still seen in the term "Paddy wagon".

I prefer to call myself a Mick, but that's just me.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#624468 Mar 3, 2014
Monday Morning......

“Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up.”

~ Jesse Jackson

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624469 Mar 3, 2014
Today's Prayer
I praise you Lord, for who you are; the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and the End, Savior and Lord, you're my best friend; Creator of all. Thank you for being my best friend forever. Thank you for being my heavenly Father, always present and always there for me. Thank you for being my sustainer and protector. And thank you for saving me and setting me upon the solid Rock--Jesus. In His name I pray. Amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624470 Mar 3, 2014
Encouraging Words....

This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look I am going to put breath into you and make you live again!

Ezekiel 37:5

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624471 Mar 3, 2014
Senecus wrote:
Just throwin' a line in the water....
Have a good evening, All...
Hey Jack.....Hope you get a Good Catch

:-)

Stay warm with this new Cold front coming down....Spring is only 17 days away....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624472 Mar 3, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Rosa.
I'm looking forward to it - and no worries, we have Internet there, too.
I'll bet it is green though.....LOL.....Its so green you can see it from outer space....

Awesome.....

Good you will be here for most of the year (so you can enoy your last HUMID summer)

LOL

Have a good one Mac....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#624473 Mar 3, 2014
Bye

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#624474 Mar 3, 2014
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
du bist grosse Dumkopf u
Dumbsh!t 007 ...
old dumb butt with hanging breasts like old worthless
Damn!t boy ...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#624475 Mar 3, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
And the hateful fundies gave you negative judgits for that.
Guess it's too much to ask of them.
The most difficult Commandment is "Love your enemies".

If you can do that, all the others are easily accomplished.

The Borderland of Sol

#624476 Mar 3, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet it is green though.....LOL.....Its so green you can see it from outer space....
Awesome.....
Good you will be here for most of the year (so you can enoy your last HUMID summer)
LOL
Have a good one Mac....
Reason it's green is it rains all the time.

Mostly, you can't see it from the next hill...

Laffin.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#624477 Mar 3, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an awfully big chip on your shoulder, don't it ever get heavy Karl?
Ah, your "cross to bear" ?
Smile a while :)
it is there just for you big boy

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#624479 Mar 3, 2014
todays lesson
exert
The Puritans viewed themselves as God's special people, replacing national Israel. Nowhere do the dangers of this assumption become more clear than in the Puritans' treatment of the native Americans. Since the Puritans considered themselves God's chosen people, they concluded that they had the right to take the land from the heathen Indians. The American Indians were the "new Canaanites" in America's "Promised Land." The fruit of Puritan theology was brutal. They saw their mission as convert these "Canaanites" to Christianity; failing that, it was acceptable to slaughter them in the name of Christ.

For example, the Puritan massacres of the Pequot Indian tribe on May 26, 1637, and again on July 14, 1637, were deemed by the Puritans to be directed by God -- Captain John Mason declared, "God laughed his Enemies and the Enemies of his People to Scorn, making them as a fiery Oven ... Thus did the Lord judge among the Heathen, filling the Place with dead Bodies" (Segal and Stinenback, Puritans, Indians, and Manifest Destiny, pp. 111-112, 134-135). Converting the pagans for God was acceptable to the Puritans, but killing the pagans for the Lord was also acceptable!

Defenders of the Puritans claim that it was the hostility of the Pequots that led to their unfortunate demise. But the Pequots were one of the most tranquil tribes in New England. History reveals that their "hostility" did not manifest itself until they were hunted like animals. For argument sake, let's say that the Pequots were the instigators of hostilities, virtual savages if you will (which they were not). Does this justify hunting them down, slaughtering the men, women, and children in their sleep, and then doing it again six weeks later to finish the job!?(Not exactly "battlefield" victories!) Moreover, the Puritans claimed it was in obedience to God that these pagans were slaughtered!

Here the reasoning of the Puritans defies logic and a sense of common decency, let alone Christian principles. Captain John Underhill also wrote of the Pequot slaughter: "Sometimes the Scripture declareth women and children must perish with their parents ... We have sufficient light from the Word of God for our proceedings." What an incredible testimony for one claiming to be a Christian!
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psycholog...
The Puritans' "Christian" Agenda?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#624481 Mar 3, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in their twisted heads, they believe that they have a "right" to impost their beliefs upon everyone else. And nobody else has any rights what so ever.
let's do a simple & short experiment.
i'll say something regarding your statement above and then ask you "how does this make you feel":

you can take your gaytheistic evil-ution nonsense and stick it up your azz!

now - how does this make you feel?

if you were offended by it, it means that you want to impose your gaytheistic evil-ution nonsense on others.

thank you for participating in this study!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#624482 Mar 3, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
"The movement for LGBT rights and community has expanded well beyond the once-dominant circles of Washington, D.C., New York and California...."
http://www.salon.com/2012/06/20/ten_lgbt_lead...
strike gay movement and insert LGBT movement.
correction - strike LGBT and insert LGBTF (F to include feces smearers), as this virtuous movement continues to evolve daily:-)

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#624483 Mar 3, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Monday Morning......
“Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up.”
~ Jesse Jackson
Thought for the day
Yet as soon as you succumb to the Christian brainwashing, you look down upon and hate all others outside of your evil cult. For as soon as you believe the lie that you are "chosen" and "saved", and others are not, you have taken the poison of hatred for them into your soul.

“Life Force One”

#624484 Mar 3, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
I praise you Lord, for who you are; the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and the End, Savior and Lord, you're my best friend; Creator of all. Thank you for being my best friend forever. Thank you for being my heavenly Father, always present and always there for me. Thank you for being my sustainer and protector. And thank you for saving me and setting me upon the solid Rock--Jesus. In His name I pray. Amen.
Prime time with God
Sigh...

STILL asking your "god" to be your imaginary playfriend, and he hasn't replied yet?

Time to grow up and leave the silly fairy tales behind.

Prime time with Seen.

“Life Force One”

#624485 Mar 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The most difficult Commandment is "Love your enemies".
If you can do that, all the others are easily accomplished.
Most fundies love to hate their enemies.

The rest of them hate to love their enemies.

That's as good as it gets for them.

“Life Force One”

#624486 Mar 3, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
todays lesson
exert
The Puritans viewed themselves as God's special people, replacing national Israel. Nowhere do the dangers of this assumption become more clear than in the Puritans' treatment of the native Americans. Since the Puritans considered themselves God's chosen people, they concluded that they had the right to take the land from the heathen Indians. The American Indians were the "new Canaanites" in America's "Promised Land." The fruit of Puritan theology was brutal. They saw their mission as convert these "Canaanites" to Christianity; failing that, it was acceptable to slaughter them in the name of Christ.
For example, the Puritan massacres of the Pequot Indian tribe on May 26, 1637, and again on July 14, 1637, were deemed by the Puritans to be directed by God -- Captain John Mason declared, "God laughed his Enemies and the Enemies of his People to Scorn, making them as a fiery Oven ... Thus did the Lord judge among the Heathen, filling the Place with dead Bodies" (Segal and Stinenback, Puritans, Indians, and Manifest Destiny, pp. 111-112, 134-135). Converting the pagans for God was acceptable to the Puritans, but killing the pagans for the Lord was also acceptable!
Defenders of the Puritans claim that it was the hostility of the Pequots that led to their unfortunate demise. But the Pequots were one of the most tranquil tribes in New England. History reveals that their "hostility" did not manifest itself until they were hunted like animals. For argument sake, let's say that the Pequots were the instigators of hostilities, virtual savages if you will (which they were not). Does this justify hunting them down, slaughtering the men, women, and children in their sleep, and then doing it again six weeks later to finish the job!?(Not exactly "battlefield" victories!) Moreover, the Puritans claimed it was in obedience to God that these pagans were slaughtered!
Here the reasoning of the Puritans defies logic and a sense of common decency, let alone Christian principles. Captain John Underhill also wrote of the Pequot slaughter: "Sometimes the Scripture declareth women and children must perish with their parents ... We have sufficient light from the Word of God for our proceedings." What an incredible testimony for one claiming to be a Christian!
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psycholog...
The Puritans' "Christian" Agenda?
Women's History: Native Americans
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/02/1280...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Aerobatty 118,806
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 14 min Tony 6,259
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 15 min Drumpf Disaster 2,293
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Catholic Buster 678,795
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr worthless crap 33,214
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr worthless crap 46,210
News Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'great... 1 hr AWOL EYES 5
More from around the web