Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#623611 Feb 21, 2014
Morning....

“Change might not be fast and it isn’t always easy.
But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped.”

~ Charles Duhigg

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#623612 Feb 21, 2014
Morning Prayer....

Behold, God is my helper.

O living God,
reach through the violence of the proud
and the despair of the weak
to create in Jesus Christ
a people free to praise your holy name,
now and for ever.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#623613 Feb 21, 2014
Encouraging Words....

Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.

Hosea 6:3

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#623614 Feb 21, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...that is what I used "JUNKER" when I first came to Topix. After I started posting on WSJLM I changed it...some here thought it wasn't appropriate for me...so I changed it...on occasion...I pull it out and use it.
No..."JUNKER"...has nothing to do with "junkie". It has to do with taking junk and making art from it...I like to do "trash to treasure" type art.
So...you went after Anna because she is a friend of mine?
Okay...knowing what you think of me...I get that you would go searching.
I knew Anna for a long time before I knew she was TS. I found out when another Christian decided to reveal it. It didn't change my friendship with her...I like for who she is. Her personal life and her personal decisions are really not any of my business...just as your personal life and choices are none of my business.
BTW...you are welcome to use "JUNKER"...most people on this thread that have been here for a while will know who you are talking about. Maybe I will drag her out again if I decide to post here on a regular basis again.
Have a great day to you and to all...and I do mean all.
Sure....I remember you being "Junker" and you looking for Lampshades and decorating them (among other things).....

In fact I call you AJ....Which means to me.... "Annie Junker"

Hope your Friday is a Great one Annie Junker.....

:-)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#623615 Feb 21, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bernie! And how astute of you ;)
Good to 'see' you , hope you and all are doing well... and staying warm. Been brutal all around. As you obviously read not much changes on Topix, just cast of characters may come and go ... or 'morph'. I pop in on occasion ,too..
Take care ...
Hi John :) Hahaha I didn't want the Topix language police to get me :) And yes I was just thinking that a little while ago. I saw a few things of interest but decided to just read rather then comment. I see different names but the same conversations for the most part :) I guess that is just the Topix way :) I hope all is well with you and that you have a great day :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#623616 Feb 21, 2014
Senecus wrote:
Same clap trap, different day..
To Any and All Believers, and allow me to qualify "believers"- those with a "saving" faith, not a "said" faith. Sola gratia, sola fide,solus Christus.
So no "Jesus AND..." , and would exclude any of you "Poes" out there...
...Just a 'survey' out of curiosity...
What's your "Final authority"? In matters of life and 'Godiness'....
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious to know who are the "Poes" you speak of?
Life and Godliness you ask?
To me, the most important is - is every heart taken into consideration-
and cared for..
Hi Lele, hope all's well:)

So your "Final authority" would be - "every heart taken into consideration-
and cared for"? Which would mean being applicable in all areas of life, would sound like the compassion of Jesus,correct? He extend compassion to all, His friends and enemies. Noble.
Something I believe we should strive for.

Really should have made the question multiple choice, might post a poll on 'Christian Forums'.
And thanks for answering.

As far as 'Poes', pray for discernment, but they usually reveal themselves, think one just did quite recently.

Best to you and take care...

Location hidden

#623617 Feb 21, 2014
Hey, someone gave me lemons!!! Anyone care for some lemonade ?:)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#623618 Feb 21, 2014
Morning Bernie....

Enjoy your Morning cup of coffee....Have a great day!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#623619 Feb 21, 2014
Have a good day everyone....

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#623620 Feb 21, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning....
“Change might not be fast and it isn’t always easy.
But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped.”
~ Charles Duhigg
Thought for the day
Yer late....$20 fine :0

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#623621 Feb 21, 2014
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." ~ Hebrews 12:1

"As applied to Christians it means that they should remove all which would obstruct their progress in the Christian course. Thus, it is fair to apply it to whatever would be an impediment in our efforts to win the crown of life. It is not the same thing in all persons. In one it may be pride; in another vanity; in another worldliness; in another a violent and almost ungovernable temper; in another a corrupt imagination; in another a heavy, leaden, insensible heart; in another some improper and unholy attachment. Whatever it may be, we are exhorted to lay it aside, and this general direction may be applied to anything which prevents our making the highest possible attainment in the divine life. Some persons would make much more progress if they would throw away many of their personal ornaments; some, if they would disencumber themselves of the heavy weight of gold which they are endeavoring to carry with them. So some very light objects, in themselves considered, become material encumbrances. Even a feather or a ring - such may be the fondness for these toys - may become such a weight that they will never make much progress toward the prize."

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/hebrews/12-1...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#623622 Feb 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I accidentally double dosed on the Victrelis today . My gut is in knots, tomorrow will be a miserable day. Have the phone next to me in case I need to call 911. So far no breathing complications. Will be up all night, can't risk sleeping....and dying.
At least some excitement is a break from the cabin fever.
"Always look on the bright side of life."
Now waddayado? Got milk? Seriously, coat your stomach. Will call...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#623623 Feb 21, 2014
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John :) Hahaha I didn't want the Topix language police to get me :) And yes I was just thinking that a little while ago. I saw a few things of interest but decided to just read rather then comment. I see different names but the same conversations for the most part :) I guess that is just the Topix way :) I hope all is well with you and that you have a great day :)
The 'thought police' are funny around Topix, had posts warned that were most innocuous.

Must be about me day, hope to catch ya later...

To you Bernie and All, have a Great Day....

Location hidden

#623624 Feb 21, 2014
Good Morning Everyone in Topix land :)
If a man talks to a wall and the wall doesn't respond as the man would like, does that make the wall look dumb, or the man talking to a wall?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#623625 Feb 21, 2014
I see on this page ((((((John)))))))))(Bernie)))) )))) and ((((((Epi))))))))-

I saw on my way here ((((((Annie))))))))((Dawn))))) )))
((((((NoStress))))))((((Quin)) )))))(((HFN))))))((((Serah)))) ))

Have a goooood day <3

Location hidden

#623626 Feb 21, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning Bernie....
Enjoy your Morning cup of coffee....Have a great day!!
Morning Epi :) And I am getting ready to enjoy another cup of coffee :) Thanks and you have a great day too :)

Location hidden

#623627 Feb 21, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'thought police' are funny around Topix, had posts warned that were most innocuous.
Must be about me day, hope to catch ya later...
To you Bernie and All, have a Great Day....
Hahaha, I have had that happen in the past as well. I thought WOW. Someone told me that Topix does that from time to time for no apparent reason. Well, I have to get to work so have a great day :)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#623628 Feb 21, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
You see, I have one distinct advantage that you do not have, I am transsexual and you are not.
.. it's relatively easy for me to identify the gender of any poster, there's a certain energy within everyone's writing, a free flow which cannot be constrained or easily disguised ..

.. like myself, you're a woman, period, end of sentence ..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#623630 Feb 21, 2014
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Human being is a very nice word. However wouldn't it be too vague to use for the specific group of human beings, being spoken of?
Also, some might say Child of Creator. I would say creation of the creator, with the ability to become the adopted children of the creator, through Jesus.
Each person uses their own choice of words. To imply that you should use my choice words, would be a bit intolerant wouldn't it?
I wonder if others would choose even different words.
You said...

"However wouldn't it be too vague to use for the specific group of human beings, being spoken of?"

What the **** does that mean?

Vague??? ALL people are human beings. You might not agree with them...you might not like who they are...but they are ALL human beings and should be treated as such...even if you oppose them.

Who gives anyone the right to call someone less than ourselves?

How has any transgendered person ever affected your life?

Have they in any way ever hindered you from living your life as you choose?

Have they prevented you from having the faith that you have selected to follow?

Have they harmed you in any way?

I hope that I have misunderstood your post...if I have...then I apologize...however...if I have not...then I am amazed that anyone feels as if they have the right to decide if it is vague to call any specific group...human beings.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#623631 Feb 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep the house.
So your monetary resources are unlimited?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joe Fortuna 980,324
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 101,158
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Robert F 670,534
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min onemale 286,471
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 53 min modell299 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Sky Writer 31 184,309
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Shiralee 445,671
More from around the web