“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#622929 Feb 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of people on welfare in the USA are white southern state Christians.
Nope Pretty well spread out, but the numbers are much higher in the high population density areas like New York, Illinois and California. Surprisingly welfare recipients in Hawaii get the most benefits of all , up to $49,000.00

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/10/...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#622930 Feb 15, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Whispers!
Here's some stats I posted above:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statist...
though not broken down by how many are "Christian" ,interesting nonetheless .
You and All, have a Great Day ...
Thanks What I found of interest was that five year per cent.Now would one think in a five year period work could have been found. The sad part is people like this will not only sink the working man but also theirselves too as well as the government programs. Everybody loses.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#622931 Feb 15, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Balance is the key.
I haven't found the lock yet.
Acceptance is the key and knowing we have no control over anyone or anything but ourselves..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#622932 Feb 15, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Grateful to belong to God- as YOU should be.
Look what throwing him away has done for you~
I am an evil *****?? What gives me that label? My heart for your situation ?
Observe dear girl- the hate in you brain- and the unfortunate condition of your soul. Perhaps calling me those names and using your 'cupid' quote makes you feel beautiful and powerful ? To the rest of the viewers- it only proves your chosen ugliness.
Choose to repair ((((((Luci))))))) not for my sake- as I can take anything you dish out~ but for your own chance at real joy while still on the planet.
There is so much wrong with this post IMO.

Hate??? I agree...Luci appears to hate Christianity.

Nothing is said about the "hate" that Que, Trifecta displays toward others.

Luci's language...well...it is fairly bad at times...but no one spoke up when Que called her a "hell ho"...needed to put a condom on her head...called her a Phallus...IOW...a dlckhead.

I can only conclude one thing...either people agreed with him and kept quiet since it was Luci that he was degrading and thought she deserved it or...

People are afraid to confront him.

You say she needs God...yet Trifecta preaches that Christians don't want her...Christianity doesn't want her...God doesn't want her...no one disputes that...no one tells him he is wrong. I have to assume that you all agree.

I don't know...however...it seems to me that the more that Luci is condemned...the more that she responds back.

I researched this morning...causing others to sin...it speaks mainly of a brother or sister causing another brother of sister to sin...I think however that in 2 Timothy 2 somewhere there was a reference to what I was looking for...

16 But avoid profane chatter, because those occupied with it will stray further and further into ungodliness, 17 and their message will spread its infection like gangrene.

I know that you think that you are helping her...from where I sit...you just seem to be making her more angry...driving her deeper in to her objections to Christianity.

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#622933 Feb 15, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
why the last 20? The U.S overthrew the Iranian government in the 50s that was a democracy whose leader was voted in by the people of Iran. You think the Iranians forgot about that? Iran today is the U.S biggest enemy. Coincidence? I no think so. Why the U.S take so long to declare against Hitler in ww2 knowing Hitler was exterminating Jews? so no writer, we have to go back much further than 20yrs. To me you want to show a clean sanitized version of the U.S and hide the stink rot and blood the U.S has on it's hands. U.S is a great country, but com'on now, you can't just sweep history under the rug and pretend it never happen. <quoted text> I write before on here if the Government can legalize marijuana use, prostitution in some states, gambling in others, then the government has a right to legalize same sex marriage.
America is not Saudi Arabia, the government is not a theocracy. So I don't like the hypocrisy from some Christians about homosexual marriage. Alcohol have worse effect on people than same sex marriage---how come I don't see this big uproar from Christians about alcohol use? it's hypocrisy.
But when it comes to human rights like for women or for minorities---you see forward progress worldwide. You have many minorities and women in leadership all across the world. Even Pakistan a staunchly conservative human rights country has had a woman as president! iyai!
Not so with same sex marriage or homosexuality. The West is pushing, the East is pushing back. Big U.S allies like India, Nigeria, Russia, etc, etc---are making it harder for homosexuals to marry, not easier.
So what I saying is the world is now connected financially and industry. What happens in the rest of the world affects America. The East is all for human rights, but not homosexuality.
Homosexuals will never see same sex marriage embraced worldwide like the world embraces humans rights issues like woman rights and minority rights. Never. In fact countries will be outright hostile to homosexuals to poke the eye of the West. Homosexuality is Politics to many countries in the world. NOT Human rights. The West see human rights. You think you better than people that live in the East?
So homosexuals can be happy and celebrate with the gains they have in the U.S when it comes to same sex marriage. And can think what happens in the rest of the world don't affect them. don't bother me one bit.
Do what?

The U.S overthrew the Iranian government in the 50?

US troops in Iran in the 50s? I don't think so.
Now you want to blame the US for not declaring war on Germany sooner?
We supported Europe long before we went there, you know that's just a hop and skip over there. I'll stand by what I actually wrote that the US has not committed mass war crimes
or genocide in well over 100 years, and we have helped other countries who were victims of these things so much as sending troops to stop it.

None of what you now say forgives the fact you used a country that has committed war crimes and genocide and numerous other human rights violations in the last twenty year as an example of European countries that homosexuality is illegal.
Bad example period

Lets look at where it is legal.
Argentina
Britain
Brazil
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
France
Iceland
Norway
Portugal
Spain
South Africa
Sweden
The Netherlands
The United States

True it is illegal in much more places than it is legal, but the countries on here that it is are the most free of all countries in the world. That's what we want is freedom, maybe you Christians want something less than freedom?

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#622934 Feb 15, 2014
Maybe trifecta wants to move to Russia?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#622935 Feb 15, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Luci's language...well...it is fairly bad at times...but no one spoke up when Que called her a "hell ho"...needed to put a condom on her head...called her a Phallus...IOW...a dlckhead.
I can only conclude one thing...either people agreed with him and kept quiet since it was Luci that he was degrading and thought she deserved it or...
You say she needs God...yet Trifecta preaches that Christians don't want her...Christianity doesn't want her...God doesn't want her...no one disputes that...no one tells him he is wrong. I have to assume that you all agree.
I don't know...however...it seems to me that the more that Luci is condemned...the more that she responds back.
I researched this morning...causing others to sin...it speaks mainly of a brother or sister causing another brother of sister to sin...I think however that in 2 Timothy 2 somewhere there was a reference to what I was looking for...
16 But avoid profane chatter, because those occupied with it will stray further and further into ungodliness, 17 and their message will spread its infection like gangrene.
I know that you think that you are helping her...from where I sit...you just seem to be making her more angry...driving her deeper in to her objections to Christianity.
Show me the writing where I write >God< did not want someone?

Not only are you a parasitic hypocrite but a Liar as well.

It's good you're an >Ex< Christian.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#622936 Feb 15, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Show me the writing where I write >God< did not want someone?
Not only are you a parasitic hypocrite but a Liar as well.
It's good you're an >Ex< Christian.
We have your god in captivity....have for many many hundreds of years. That's why you have not seen the deity nor been given any more atrocious instructions from it. It is being kept well sedated....far from here, where it can do no more harm. NASA has found it in the cosmos through the use of more sophisticated equipment. Now we have to wait for the generations to purge it's terrible brainwashing effects from themselves. The good news is that we are finally beginning to see some signs of a positive direction.

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#622937 Feb 15, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born gay too. I'm most likely not going to be the kindest, sweetest young girl that you will know. That has nothing to do with my sexuality or his.
We are individuals, just like you are. Some of us are nice. Some of us are not so nice. Some of us are Asian. Some of us are European. Some of us are African. Some of us are doctors. Some of us are students. Some of us are athletes. Some of us are sociopaths. Some of us are neighbors. We are what Christians call 'normal'.
We're in your churches.
I'm in your churches.
Oh...holyfuck.
Uh...I'm not a Christian, never have been, never will be and the last place you'd ever find me would be in a church. I was just making a statement about people being born gay, it just so happens that he's also super cool and sweet. I'm the last person to have blinders on where gay people are concerned but thanks for the soapbox speech.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#622938 Feb 15, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lass,

You have heart. And a post that's heart-felt. Unfortunately, we are all failed creatures- in one way or another- each with foibles that can irritate another. To the chagrin of others this I write - as believers we're mere messengers, the "paperboy(or girl)" of the 'Good News'- deliver the 'Message' and go. Whatever we add , aside from application in character, is self - and all its failings - nothing more.
You cannot:

Browbeat
Scare
Pull
Coerce
Psychoanalyze
Drag

- someone into the Kingdom. Who saves? Jill, Dave, Suzy, Dick , Harry or(insert name here).
Sola gratia - by grace alone - whose?

I hear .."But,but...I feel the Spirit of God leading me to..." - STOP! Substantiate that "feeling" with scripture-"IN CONTEXT"- and check your pride at the door. I find too many sense they sit at "God's right hand.." and not Jesus.

In travelling around Topix for some time now, much of what I read written in the name of Christ or Christianity is destructive , not 'constructive'- especially in the Christian Forums, of all places. It's a travesty. Many are only here to blow steam they'd dare not attempt in flesh and bone before another.

And, that's another thing, was recently "called out" about not commenting on an "incident". I politely informed the person that a "real man" will confront another face to face, or at least contact person(s) involved - not go "tit for tat" on a "faceless forum". That's easy - gutless wonders...
And I "put my money where my mouth is" , had given my phone number to many- few called, and it usually was the "Big mouths" on a thread that didn't. No surprise, same in "meat world" - bullies don't like confrontation.

Personally , this thread should crash and burn.
Well Lass, that's me 'take' and opinion of it all, don't hold your breath for changes ,tho'

Great Day to ya...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#622939 Feb 15, 2014
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...I'm not a Christian, never have been, never will be and the last place you'd ever find me would be in a church. I was just making a statement about people being born gay, it just so happens that he's also super cool and sweet. I'm the last person to have blinders on where gay people are concerned but thanks for the soapbox speech.
Hi, Phae!

As you know, I'm not gay, either - although I was in church a few weeks back, for my Dad's funeral. Did a reading, even, with no damage to the structure.

I simply do not care who's boinking whom, as long as all parties are willing.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#622940 Feb 15, 2014
Yes homosexuality is a sin. Homosexuality is considered as a mortal sin and is something I am still not friends with. There are such a wide range of criticisms thrown at you nowadays from the gay agenda- gay communities, especially when you oppose homosexual propaganda, calling you bigot and whatever... because the Internet gives everyone an opinion, for better or worse. And some gay ppl and their friends and family members just spew crap and lies for whatever reason to justify the homosexual way of life, which I don't pay very much attention to ...

Some churches who bless homosexual marriages in God's name should have no right to exist.

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#622941 Feb 15, 2014
Adam wrote:
Yes homosexuality is a sin. Homosexuality is considered as a mortal sin and is something I am still not friends with. There are such a wide range of criticisms thrown at you nowadays from the gay agenda- gay communities, especially when you oppose homosexual propaganda, calling you bigot and whatever... because the Internet gives everyone an opinion, for better or worse. And some gay ppl and their friends and family members just spew crap and lies for whatever reason to justify the homosexual way of life, which I don't pay very much attention to ...
Some churches who bless homosexual marriages in God's name should have no right to exist.
because the Internet gives everyone an opinion

GASP! go figure, there are some that need no such thing.

Pay attention I may call your name.

But If I do not , you will have no right to exist.
Adam

#622942 Feb 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
because the Internet gives everyone an opinion
GASP! go figure, there are some that need no such thing.
Pay attention I may call your name.
But If I do not , you will have no right to exist.
Shame on you, you support someone who rails against the God's creation plans.
Adam

#622943 Feb 15, 2014
I throw Aura Mytha a one-sided view before. Aura Mytha is playing down the threats which heterosexual youth are exposed by gay activists and their evil propaganda and succumb like so many homosexuals of selective perception.
Adam

#622944 Feb 15, 2014
I am committed in these thread to explain the position of the majority of heterosexuals. I obviously can not just say the things that please everyone.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#622945 Feb 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Do what?
The U.S overthrew the Iranian government in the 50?
US troops in Iran in the 50s? I don't think so.
Now you want to blame the US for not declaring war on Germany sooner?
We supported Europe long before we went there, you know that's just a hop and skip over there. I'll stand by what I actually wrote that the US has not committed mass war crimes
or genocide in well over 100 years, and we have helped other countries who were victims of these things so much as sending troops to stop it.
None of what you now say forgives the fact you used a country that has committed war crimes and genocide and numerous other human rights violations in the last twenty year as an example of European countries that homosexuality is illegal.
Bad example period
Lets look at where it is legal.
Argentina
Britain
Brazil
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
France
Iceland
Norway
Portugal
Spain
South Africa
Sweden
The Netherlands
The United States
True it is illegal in much more places than it is legal, but the countries on here that it is are the most free of all countries in the world. That's what we want is freedom, maybe you Christians want something less than freedom?
You missed Ireland.

"Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010."
Adam

#622946 Feb 15, 2014
The legalization of gay marriage in the states is a shame.Yes itīs a shame. Only shame no pride.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#622947 Feb 15, 2014
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
I gathered that from the hippie witch thing. I apologise. My rant wasn't necessarily directed toward you. It just gets old sometimes. The "I met a homosexual once. He was very nice. I'm not racist. I have a black friend."

Again, sorry.

:-)

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#622948 Feb 15, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Phae!

As you know, I'm not gay, either - although I was in church a few weeks back, for my Dad's funeral. Did a reading, even, with no damage to the structure.

I simply do not care who's boinking whom, as long as all parties are willing.
Oh Mac, I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. Big big hugs from me.

I feel the same way...it's no one else's business and I really don't think if there is a god or higher being they care either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min Good-Evil 2,047
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 12 min Stonelove415 147
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Rosa_Winkel 818,367
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min USA Born 579,411
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min WasteWater 270,212
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min lovewithin 39,983
Doomsday's naysayers Apocalypse pending.... 1 hr giddy up 4
More from around the web