Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#622428 Feb 12, 2014
Thank you all for your condolences and sympathy.

I appreciate them deeply.

And yes, I plan on moving back more-or-less permasnently.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#622429 Feb 12, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ BT42
Part 4
I believe that there was a Pre-Adamic, human race... an inhabited world that had been destroyed before this one but that is a long story. But I do believe that angels were created long before Adam & Eve came onto the scene. So the enemy was cast out of heaven and onto the earth... "...and darkness was upon the face of the deep, or abyss."
So then God commences to rebuild the earth as we can see happening in Genesis, however long it took... while the satan and his hordes looked on in terror and amazement. Terror, because they knew that their time of destruction would come...(biblically, it is known that they knew of their day of judgement because when Jesus had cast out some demons (fallen angels) they would ask Him, "Are you going to destroy us before the time?" (Matthew 8:29)
So anyways, finally Adam and his wife are on the scene... you know how the situation went... Adam is given complete dominion of the earth. satan, in a last ditch attempt to delay his putrefaction, possesses a body, tricks Eve... Adam fumbles, satan picks up the ball and scores. So satan now has dominion of the earth, in a temporal sense.... I say temporal because satan is still judged and he is bringing down mankind with it. Everything tends to disorder since the fall of Adam.
So satan boasts to Jesus how it has certain authority on the earth:
"And he (the devil) said to Him,“I will give you all their authority and splendor; IT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME and I can give it to anyone I want to." Luke 4:5-7
Well, dominion wasn't actually given to satan... satan actually stole it from Adam. Jesus called satan "the god of this world."
Going to bring it to a close shortly.
Thanks for posting, I always like a good convoluted freaky fairy tale. Needs work though. How about adding a real monster of God that has wrathful fits of vengeance and goes on horrific killing rampages for no real good reason?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#622430 Feb 12, 2014
Well, I gotta go do some real magick folks. Later............

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#622431 Feb 12, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ BT42
Part 5
Even though satan lost his place of authority in heaven, it can move about freely on the earth and it must give account of itself to God in heaven. satan makes requests of God. Jesus told Peter that "...satan has desired to sift you."... satan was allowed to test Job's patience... satan's messenger was allowed to prick the Apostle's Paul's conceit.(There is a reason why God allows His people to go through some suffering & from the world's standpoint, it would seem whack... but God allows it for some good purpose).
Earth wasn't meant to be the final destination for satan and it's followers... I actually believe that had Adam and his wife trusted God and took dominion of the earth that there wouldn't be any foothold for satan and it's hordes. satan would have had no choice but to go down "into" the abyss rather than remain "on the face" of the abyss... had Adam chosen to obey God.
Nevertheless, some demons (fallen angels) are actually in chains of darkness right now awaiting the final judgement. For example, when Jesus cast the demons out of the demon-possessed man into the swine... not only did the swine run down into the abyss and were destroyed... but I see a spiritual significance there... this is my view, I see that the demons also went down with the embankment with the swine but, spiritually-speaking, they went down into those chains of darkness (Matthew 28:8-32). There was no place other for them to go.
Sometimes when a demon (fallen angel) is cast out of a person... sometimes they don't go down into the spiritual abyss...---> " ...they wander."
It would probably help the billboard reader to have The Twilight Zone music playing when reading the above post. oy! LOL

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#622432 Feb 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
"Judaism does not believe in the devil, but we do believe in Satan (who more properly should be called "the Satan"). As this demonstrates, the Jewish view of Satan is very different than the Christian one. Here's a summary of the Jewish view; you can also find information at Alyza (Gretchen) Shapiro's web site at http://www.geocities.com/alyzab/Jewish/satan....

The word satan means "challenger", "difficulty", or "distraction" (note that it is not a proper name). With the leading ha- to make haSatan, it refers to /the/ challenger. This describes Satan as the angel who is the embodiment of man's challenges. HaSatan works for G-d. His job is to make choosing good over evil enough of a challenge so that it can be a meaningful choice. In other words, haSatan is an angel whose mission it is to add difficulty, challenges, and growth experiences to life. Contrast this to Christianity, which sees Satan as God's opponent. In Jewish thought, the idea that there exists anything capable of setting itself up as God's opponent would be considered overly polytheistic—you are setting up the devil to be a god or demigod.

The notion of an angel having free will is alien to Judaism. Free will requires the tension created by being a soul dwelling in a body. People can have free will, angels can't. There is a debate over whether they lack the potential for free will, or whether they simply percieve reality to clearly to have any choices to make. But in any case, without the fence-straddling of the human condition, there is no free will. HaSatan acts as a servant of God, not as an opponent or even disobediant child. Angels cannot sin, they cannot fall. "

http://www.shamash.org/lists/scj-faq/HTML/faq...
Plus, there are no angels. Not as the religinuts view such metaphors anyway.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#622433 Feb 12, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Part 6
So basically, satan is allowed to freely roam around.... temporarily. One day in the future it also will be 'spiritually" chained up only to be let loose once again in the future... then after that it will go into it's final destination... which is the lake of fire (the lake of fire is not hell by the way).
Some of those fallen angels, which have fallen with satan... are in the abyss... in a spiritual sense as they were cast out of some person and then cast down.
It's sad that you really believe in this insane crap.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#622434 Feb 12, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
Add... and sometimes evil spirits "wander"... when they are cast out of a person.
Thanks for correcting your insane lie. We wouldn't want to read an incorrect insane lie.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#622435 Feb 12, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Seen, do you have faith in your experiences with God or when you are astrologically flying through the universe? Are those experiences real to you and can you prove it?
Which has nothing to do with my post. So here, try again:

"And how is this done you ask?

Here's how:

So, to begin, I want to state the most basic of all facts about brainwashing: In the entire history of man, no one has ever been brainwashed and realized, or believed, that he had been brainwashed. Those who have been brainwashed will usually passionately defend their manipulators, claiming they have simply been "shown the light" ...or have been transformed in miraculous ways.

The Birth of Conversion:

Brainwashing in Christian Revivalism in 1735.

Conversion is a "nice" word for brainwashing...and any study of brainwashing has to begin with a study of Christian revivalism in eighteenth century America. Apparently, Jonathan Edwards accidentally discovered the techniques during a religious crusade in 1735 in Northampton, Massachusetts. By inducing guilt and acute apprehension and by increasing the tension, the "sinners" attending his revival meetings would break down and completely submit. Technically, what Edwards was doing was creating conditions that wipe the brain slate clean so that the mind accepts new programming. The problem was that the new input was negative. He would tell them, "You're a sinner! You're destined for hell!"
As a result, one person committed suicide and another attempted suicide. And the neighbors of the suicidal converts related that they, too, were affected so deeply that, although they had found "eternal salvation," they were obsessed with a diabolical temptation to end their own lives.

Once a preacher, cult leader, manipulator or authority figure creates the brain phase to wipe the brain-slate clean, his subjects are wide open. New input, in the form of suggestion, can be substituted for their previous ideas. Because Edwards didn't turn his message positive until the end of the revival, many accepted the negative suggestions and acted, or desired to act, upon them.

Charles J. Finney was another Christian revivalist who used the same techniques four years later in mass religious conversions in New York. The techniques are still being used today by Christian revivalists, cults, human-potential trainings, some business rallies, and the United States Armed services...to name just a few.

Let me point out here that I don't think most revivalist preachers realize or know they are using brainwashing techniques. Edwards simply stumbled upon a technique that really worked, and others copied it and have continued to copy it for over two hundred years. And the more sophisticated our knowledge and technology become, the more effective the conversion. I feel strongly that this is one of the major reasons for the increasing rise in Christian fundamentalism, especially the televised variety, while most of the orthodox religions are declining.

The Three Brain Phases: The Pavlovian Explanation

The Christians may have been the first to successfully formulate brainwashing, but we have to look to Pavlov, the Russian scientist, for a technical explanation. In the early 1900s, his work with animals opened the door to further investigations with humans. After the revolution in Russia, Lenin was quick to see the potential of applying Pavlov's research to his own ends.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#622436 Feb 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus, there are no angels. Not as the religinuts view such metaphors anyway.
Agreed.
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#622437 Feb 12, 2014
Was Jesus really a carpenter? What did Jesus build? I'm very curious to know what he built. Was he a successful and well-known carpenter in his area, or did he just do a bit of work with Joseph sometimes and that's it?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#622438 Feb 12, 2014
Here For Now wrote:
The snow has been really coming down and is so pretty the way it is sticking to the trees. I know LW likes it.:)
Stay warm and safe you all!
HFN
Hi HFN;

So your getting that pretty winter wonderland. Ever notice how that light white fluff can just lay upon the branch of a tree and sway with the wind or a mail box or fence. When I look at old man moon I ask well did you shake all that snow out of heaven just for us. Even the evening stars dance with delight. Always comes down peaceful and quite much like a night when the wise owl sets and watches the unfolding of nature at it finest. Those beautiful icecycles that hang frozen with a story of travel to be told in ever drop. Of the many critters who scamper leaving behind a trail of small foot prints upon the carpet of white snow.
Yes I love it many pleasures. stay warm and safe and enjoy God gift.
Quin

Charlotte, NC

#622440 Feb 13, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Seen, do you have faith in your experiences with God or when you are astralogically flying through the universe? Are those experiences real to you and can you prove it?
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Which has nothing to do with my post. So here, try again:
Seen doesn't want to answer. I understand.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#622441 Feb 13, 2014
Quin wrote:
<quoted text>Seentheotherside wrote, "<quoted text>
Which has nothing to do with my post. So here, try again: "

Seen doesn't want to answer. I understand.
*q wants to talk to himself, we understand, lol*
Quin

Charlotte, NC

#622442 Feb 13, 2014
Once Saved Always Saved???

Jesus: "IF A MAN abide not in Me, he is cast forth AS a branch, AND IS WITHERED; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."
John 15:6

Cross-reference:

"As they were passing by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots up. Being reminded, Peter said to Him, "Rabbi, look, the fig tree which You cursed has withered."
Mark 11:12-14 and Mark 11:20-21

In the case of the latter, Jesus did curse the fig tree and it did physically wither... but there is a spiritual significance and analogy to it. In both cases, the former and latter scriptures above, they didn't bear and fruit (the Fruit of the Spirit).
Quin

Charlotte, NC

#622443 Feb 13, 2014
*any

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#622444 Feb 13, 2014
Name appears on post wrote:
Was Jesus really a carpenter? What did Jesus build? I'm very curious to know what he built. Was he a successful and well-known carpenter in his area, or did he just do a bit of work with Joseph sometimes and that's it?
Your question made me think of this song...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#622445 Feb 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just sick of all these "holier than thou" frauds.
They are no better than anyone else.
They have no problem bringing up me and Luci but lest I point out without mentioning names that some of them do the same thing then they all gang up on us.
"The Emperor's New Clothes" comes t mind.
I agree w you- they are no better- frauds even.
I just do not believe what you wrote regarding women here tmail ing
you their bedroom preferences.

For a second, I thought, because you and I have talked in private, you
were implying I was one of the women you were mentioning.

I do wonder why certain men here on wsjlm can insult Luci and you sit quietly,
yet- if someone- say..hu should speak against her- you jump right on him.

Is that not a double standard?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#622446 Feb 13, 2014
Joshuas Polaris 2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww thank you Truths -- I get this little ping in my heart as I look at the
screen and actually see it printed there for real -- I'm glad Topix added
Joshua's name to what I originally wanted -- TLC - OSG
X O

(c:

Me too.
Quin

Charlotte, NC

#622447 Feb 13, 2014
Was Jesus really a carpenter?
I don't exactly but the scripture references that Jesus' stepfather, Joseph, was a carpenter. Usually in that culture, the father passes down a skill or trade to their sons.
What did Jesus build?
We don't know exactly but if houses... most houses in that culture were made of rock. To us, we would call that type of building work a stone mason. As far as wood is concerned, I haven't checked into that yet.
I don't think it I'm very curious to know what he built. Was he a successful and well-known carpenter in his area, or did he just do a bit of work with Joseph sometimes and that's it?
The scriptures doesn't go into Joseph's relationship with Jesus much... at age 12 we get a glimpse of Jesus and both of his parents' concern of his whereabouts.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#622448 Feb 13, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay thank you!
i judge thee a self-righteous hypocrite and God bless!:-)
God Bless you (((((((Waaasssuuuppp)))))))-'c ourse.... you know He already has - with so very much (c:

I am no one special brother- I just gave in to 'hear' Him- and submitted my life to His order. I am probably older than you.... so that is the only difference in us.

He did His part-

~For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16~

Now- we just have to trust His promptings & faithfully grow to be all that we can be-

~Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.~

Don't worry- He'll help.(c:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Into The Night 64,442
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Liamm 654,345
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 19 min Horny jack 26 male 29
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 21 min Horny jack 26 male 14
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min Annaleigh 106,593
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min HipGnosis 183,208
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 56 min hindu shiv 8,499
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,918
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web