And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
Joyce Kilmer
One of my favorite poems as a child...I know...I know...why would I post a poem when people are farting and sniffing.
I don't know...I think I was trying to rid my mind of that vision...replace it with a tree.
Trees...oak trees...cedar trees...Mimosa trees...are tied to some of my best childhood memories. They offered shelter...a haven...as if they wrapped their branches around you. Great hiding places too!
Tis no known cure to mankind for that type of hoof and mouth disease.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#619359 Jan 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You must hate yourself then.
i don't hate myself, duane, but i love you; just not your bizarre and self-righteous ideas about religion:-)

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#619363 Jan 31, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people find a spot in the road that suits them and settle down.
Others sit beside the road waiting for the bus to stop and pick them up.
Then there are those that see a path that veers off to the side and decide to go that path less taken. Sometimes...that is where they find those gems along the way.
Do all paths make it to the end...maybe not...but most have a final destination.
Maybe the most important question is...are we all meant to travel the same path. I don't really think so...I think that it is more about traveling the right path...the one that is laid out in front of us.
There's more...but I got to go finish my workout before I throw in the towel!
Well get up and go. Make sure that towel is soaked with perspiration before you throw it in. LOL

Good post, Annie.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#619364 Jan 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't hate myself, duane, but i love you; just not your bizarre and self-righteous ideas about religion:-)
Thanks for your hypocrisy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#619371 Jan 31, 2014
" For John came and began to baptise men in the desert, proclaiming baptism as the mark of a complete change of heart and of the forgiveness of sins."

Very Jewish !

What I find fascinating is that John used the Jordan River. The holiest flowing water (Mikvah) in the Levant to do so.

From the Jewish Encyclopedia:

"For the purpose of actual or ritual purification, ablutions or washings form an important feature of the Jewish religious ceremonial. Judaism is in thorough accord with the proverb, "Cleanliness is next to godliness" (see Mishnah, So&#7789;ah, ix. 15): indeed, it goes further; for it holds practically that cleanliness is godliness itself. There are three kinds of Ablution recognized in Biblical and rabbinical law:(1) Washing of the hands,(2) washing of the hands and feet, and (3) immersion of the whole body in water."

“Bearer of the truth”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#619372 Jan 31, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Amen :)
Amen.. God bless you for your example.

“IS”

Since: Sep 08

+++ Starting Over +++

#619374 Jan 31, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrink has been banned numerous times only to find his way back numerous times.
Many of us probably feel as I do ...Ignore, life is too short.
Time here might be limited for some and they would rather spend their time corresponding with others.
If you want to spend your time with shrink that is your biz ...but no one here is required too, nor are they less because they chose not to.
Hi Hick-up.Nice to see you again.Here and FB.. I needed somewheres else to be.You know?? Sooo I am Ignoring 2 people.Stating today.They both told me to "Not reply to them." Soo going forward... It was spamming this classic thread anyways...

“IS”

Since: Sep 08

+++ Starting Over +++

#619376 Jan 31, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Gotta go get some fresh air. The stench is just wicked in here, Call me when the place is breathable again.
Hurry back.. I brought some scented Candles.. Whats your favorite? I brought Vanilla...

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#619377 Jan 31, 2014
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hurry back.. I brought some scented Candles.. Whats your favorite? I brought Vanilla...
Cinnamon Apple, concentrated version....

#619378 Jan 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
" For John came and began to baptise men in the desert, proclaiming baptism as the mark of a complete change of heart and of the forgiveness of sins."
Very Jewish !
What I find fascinating is that John used the Jordan River. The holiest flowing water (Mikvah) in the Levant to do so.
From the Jewish Encyclopedia:
"For the purpose of actual or ritual purification, ablutions or washings form an important feature of the Jewish religious ceremonial. Judaism is in thorough accord with the proverb, "Cleanliness is next to godliness" (see Mishnah, So&#7789;ah, ix. 15): indeed, it goes further; for it holds practically that cleanliness is godliness itself. There are three kinds of Ablution recognized in Biblical and rabbinical law:(1) Washing of the hands,(2) washing of the hands and feet, and (3) immersion of the whole body in water."
Interesting... thanks.

I ran across something similar but it was coming from a pagan-rite perspective... it pretty much said the same thing as in your first sentence and that The Jewish authorities had sent reps to figure out who gave him the authority to do this particular baptism... they probaly would've stopped him at some point but they were afraid of the people because John was popular with them.

#619379 Jan 31, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Nice Quin :)
Thanks Serah... I do hope our beloved Judy gets the name that she wants though... Polaris 2000... Interestingly, I was next to a truck early this morning that said North Star Logistics. I guess it caught my attention because of the recent name discussions.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#619380 Jan 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your hypocrisy.
so i drop the L-word on you and you're not gonna recipricate but leave me hanging out here like a jilted lover?:-(
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#619381 Jan 31, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know unless you been sampling your own dip balls.
fart stinks to those who sniff,like your pretender Nazi friend BOZO BT 42 white arian power

but farts also are signs of healthy belly,colon and good diagestion,
just gases mixed with fumes poison get out of healthy body and rest on the nose of BT42 atheistic idiot,embrio sperm born from monkey belly and missing big bang evolution link>\?

even his skull look like orangutan long front face and fish tail?

lill.your little satan seed BT42 friend stinks all kind of atheistic vomits
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#619382 Jan 31, 2014
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hurry back.. I brought some scented Candles.. Whats your favorite? I brought Vanilla...
yea
vanilla for cyber Zombies, invisible ghosts seat around your NOT VISIBLE STINKING table pile of s..and eat vanilla cakes, not visible stinks given to frankenstein children,
you poor delusional little idiot?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#619383 Jan 31, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>That makes sense and can explain much :)
BenAdam wrote:
In Taoist philosophy there is a saying "The nature of writing is that it can be read in several ways. Every interpretation is equally valid."

this makes sense to you, Serah???

so if i said "i'd like to kick you in the nutz" it can also mean "that's a wonderful aftershave you're wearing"???
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#619384 Jan 31, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>bible true jehovah needs it's socks changed .
GOT nothing to do with me,
you Gods Hater.
his children hates you,you vomit and
fart
fart at your face and delusional Lies you abominable maggot atheistic cockroach

BIBLE J,LAWS ARE ABOVE YOUR FLAT GREEN FRANKENSTEIN BRAIN AND 1% IQ,WORTHLESS DUNG OF THIS EARTH

“"None shall pass"”

There

#619385 Jan 31, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting... thanks.
I ran across something similar but it was coming from a pagan-rite perspective... it pretty much said the same thing as in your first sentence and that The Jewish authorities had sent reps to figure out who gave him the authority to do this particular baptism... they probaly would've stopped him at some point but they were afraid of the people because John was popular with them.
The Jerusalem Priests were careful to suppress any sect that claimed that the Temple was not required for worship. It is the main reason they constantly condemned the Samaritans.

It is very likely why the Temple Priesthood wanted Jesus dead as well.

#619386 Jan 31, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I've often thought of that too.....
Concerning Jesus allowing John to baptize Him even though Jesus was of a higher rank, so to speak... same here... I've thought of that as well.

I don't know the exact answer to the question yet but simply dared to ask it a an open-ended question.

My first thought is that Jesus was showing "A do as I do and not just as I say" type of leadership. I'm sure there is more to it though.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#619387 Jan 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so i drop the L-word on you and you're not gonna recipricate but leave me hanging out here like a jilted lover?:-(
I have no respect for a rapist simply because he said "I love you" to his victims.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#619388 Jan 31, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What else did yer momma teach you pervert?
just keep your moma to yourselves,you little"sumerian scholar,
I don't touch your moma and don'y touch my,
you even don.t deserve her 1/2 second attntion from this women,murdered by Nazis and russian red mongers
look like you one of them,you ficken coward POS,be sure pervert despise you to f...you????

just cease responds to me,you little raped pig

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Michael 670,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Joe Fortuna 980,337
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 28 min emperorjohn 445,675
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 36 min Joe Fortuna 101,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 47 min Sky Writer 31 184,324
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford Jr 286,265
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr Poppy _36 6
More from around the web