Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#619155 Jan 30, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Joshua's Polaris. or...Finding Polaris...or Polaris Dream?
Judy...if I have to join a FB group to be kind...then I guess that I will just remain unkind. I just don't believe that it takes FB to have a heart toward others.
Just my opinion...neither here nor there.
Good luck with the name change.
Hey Annie...

@ Judy... I just saw Annie's post that has "Joshua's Polaris" also... what a coincidence.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#619156 Jan 30, 2014
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Black Thunder 42..
Hey LL. You do realize that being decent and posting to me makes you a target of stinkolphs vulgarity and insanity don't you?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#619157 Jan 30, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Jack, when people are trained to recognize counterfeit money, all they handle is real money. That way, when they come across a counterfeit bill it is easily recognizable.
I agree with you even though we have different conclusions about the currency. <smile>

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#619158 Jan 30, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Joshua's Polaris. or...Finding Polaris...or Polaris Dream?
Judy...if I have to join a FB group to be kind...then I guess that I will just remain unkind. I just don't believe that it takes FB to have a heart toward others.
Just my opinion...neither here nor there.
Good luck with the name change.
Thank you for those lovely suggestions Annie -- I put in for Polaris 2000 since that is
when Joshua passed and also I found his homemade Christmas Card -- I think that should be accepted by Topix -- now it's just another few day waiting game "sigh"

I didn't mean for my post to Drew to sound like one had to join FB to be kind - Oh my goodness no. I guess the thought just crossed my mind of all the diversity I personally had with a poster on topix and thru FB we have become friends and to see the real side of someone instead of just the cyber side made a huge heartfelt difference.

That was just my opinion too Annie, nothing more or less to it -- just an observation I guess.

TLC - Judy

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#619159 Jan 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You are a waste of time.
No,, Thats not true.. I really Like Bobb,,,We are also friends in FB... He saw my Face..

#619160 Jan 30, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, and that's another "work" in deliverance ministries, ridding "Christians" of 'oppressing demons'. There are those who feel believers can be possessed ,but , can 'light' have fellowship with 'darkness'?-
" Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"(2Corinth. 6:14)
In these deliverance ministries, there's a "demon" for every "social ill" that can "possess" a believer:
Smoking, sexual immorality, overeating, financial lack,...usually common situations that afflict large swaths of society - Christians included. One must be delivered , by "expelling" the demon, which is usually by puking it out in a bucket, at the 'alter', in your local "deliverance" church. I write 'usually' because in some places in South America, one can even defecate "It" out (in a bucket). Have only heard this but in other cases 'elders' will go through the "expulsion" to try to determine what "demon" it actually was!
I had visited such churches on Long Island to get a first hand look(No , NOT of the "demon" -LOL) at what they actually do to "conjure up " said "demon" - rituals and such. Also, to help a friend away from this cruel aberration.
<quoted text>
Think I remember seeing the movie advertised at one time. There's been a few movies that employ such plots, most famous "Rosemary's Baby" in 1968.
You have a Great Day ,Quin...
Praise God for using you to rescue your friend. Those so-called Deliverance Ministries sounds like they practice Divination or something.

"....save others by snatching them from the fire..." Jude 1:23

“"None shall pass"”

There

#619161 Jan 30, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Ben, how you doing today?
This was to Bobb and I haven't read any reply to it yet... but the burning of the rest carcass was much more a symbolic reference just as much as the goat being sacrifice or the other one being led into the wilderness was a symbolic reference...
The rest of the sacrifice goat that was burned outside of the camp was just a prefigured, symbolic reference of Jesus sufferings. Being burnt alive would of probably have been more of a merciful death than what Jesus had to endure.
I agree it could.
Or, it could have been a reference to the Nazi Crematoriums.
Or it could not be prophetic at all.

I don't think anyone knows or will ever know in this lifetime. I do enjoy thinking about this stuff though.

I See A Rainbow!

#619162 Jan 30, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Annie...
@ Judy... I just saw Annie's post that has "Joshua's Polaris" also... what a coincidence.
Hi Quinn,, Nice to see you again.. I think "Joshua's Polaris" is Fantastic! It has a better ring to it..Just like a song.. He is the one that knows where it is.... He is very Blessed... I am having a 'no work' afternoon..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#619163 Jan 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Three or more cats are called a clowder.
LOL
Three or more clams are called a chowder.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#619164 Jan 30, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text> :)
Cheers, didn't really know there is a green dot on FB but will keep an eye out for your current postings; I work the 1st of every month, regardless of what day it falls on, as I have to roll over the computers and close off the month in some of our programs. Sort of a downer on New Years Day, but I get a day off of my choice in lieu.
Still using my Grandsons old laptop while I am waiting for him to return mine, and it lags all the time, but where there is a will, they say, there is a way.
We might have to adjust the time of the holiday as there are a few things that happen at work that didn't come into consideration in all of the excitement, but will sort all of that out in the next week or two and we can work from there.
Up a bit earlier this morning, must be from all that energy after the pool LOL, so have a few minutes to spare and then it is off to the ironing board for me. Love and hugs as always, and see your words soon, Serah and the Little Prince xx
The green dot is on the chat list - lets one know when another is on line --
Tis hard to plan so far in advance -- life doesn't always cooperate with plans or schedules LOL
Just know I am here and whatever can be worked out or in will be so much fun.
You have a great day at work -- today is a housework catch up day for me -- in the middle
of laundry, dishes etc -- all the fun stuff LOL

TLC - Judy

“"None shall pass"”

There

#619165 Jan 30, 2014
In Taoist philosophy there is a saying "The nature of writing is that it can be read in several ways. Every interpretation is equally valid."

I See A Rainbow!

#619166 Jan 30, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LL. You do realize that being decent and posting to me makes you a target of stinkolphs vulgarity and insanity don't you?
Well?? I guess I just jumped back on this Familiar thread when some least expected it.. Surprize! To tell you the truth,I havent read back much at all.How long were you here?? Just curious..YOU seem to know "SOME" fairly well.... I KNOW Insanity! Trust me..

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#619167 Jan 30, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just add something to it, and use the three choices.
I submitted Polaris 2000-- I really thought that would go thru so I didn't add anymore choices
Keeping my fingers crossed LOL

#619169 Jan 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think we can ever know the full story. Perhaps no one is supposed to . Maybe the "test" is to realize that we don't know and admit it, just repent and pray we are forgiven.
It is true we won't know the full story in this life... not even Peter, Paul and James knew the whole story... but one can gain a better understanding the more they search the Scriptures. I believe that The Lord Jesus invites anyone to search the scriptures. Some may get a better understanding and some may not even get it at all. I'm not pointing these to you whatsoever but just using the scriptures as a reference point.

Some will get it: "...Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures."
Luke 24:27

Some will not get it: "...They replied,'Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it (the Scriptures), and you will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee.' "
John 7:52

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, BUT THE THINGS REVEALED belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law."
Deuteronomy 29:29

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#619170 Jan 30, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to get along for a few days (c:
ya know friend - there's 2 trains of thought in Christendom:

1) Christians are supposed to be the doormats of the world (this obviously doesn't work as dorky lutherans found out form nazi germany circa 30-40's is proof)

2) Christians are supposed to rule the world for the glory of God (follow me and learn)

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and all the people in it" King David, who cut goliath's head off rather than allow goliath to tread all over he & israel:-)

I See A Rainbow!

#619171 Jan 30, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
The green dot is on the chat list - lets one know when another is on line --
Tis hard to plan so far in advance -- life doesn't always cooperate with plans or schedules LOL
Just know I am here and whatever can be worked out or in will be so much fun.
You have a great day at work -- today is a housework catch up day for me -- in the middle
of laundry, dishes etc -- all the fun stuff LOL
TLC - Judy
Hi Judy, I have my chat closed in FB.. Problem was too many wanted to chat all at once.. I mixed the conversation up twice.. Better off NOT using that option.BUT If someone has an Important message I will certainly get back to them.MY time is limited there and here.. I had to kick the bad addiction--->Topix and FB.. and get things done.. Also work as much as I can..Keeping busy with Life.. Nice to see you..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#619173 Jan 30, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Three or more clams are called a chowder.
LOL

Good one!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#619174 Jan 30, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Ben, how you doing today?
This was to Bobb and I haven't read any reply to it yet... but the burning of the rest carcass was much more a symbolic reference just as much as the goat being sacrifice or the other one being led into the wilderness was a symbolic reference...
The rest of the sacrifice goat that was burned outside of the camp was just a prefigured, symbolic reference of Jesus sufferings. Being burnt alive would of probably have been more of a merciful death than what Jesus had to endure.
Ten days before Pentecost Jesus left and somewhere between Heaven and earth was consumed by God.

Hebrews 12:29

New King James Version (NKJV)

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#619175 Jan 30, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Annie...
Yes and I had thought of that too - along with OSG Polaris -- then the 2000 struck me -- My Joshua was so excited about the new millennium -- in school the teacher let him be the one to cross off the days in December leading up to it -- remember something about y2K that New Years eve lol

So I do believe Polaris 2000 will be accepted -- and it is so wonderful to have you guys share this with me -- makes it even more special to me.

TLC - Judy

#619176 Jan 30, 2014
"Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John (the Baptist). But John tried to deter Him, saying,“I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

Jesus replied,“Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.”

Then John consented."

Matthew 3:13-15

Why did Jesus need to be baptized by John the Baptist if Jesus was of a higher rank?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 min TRUMP WINNERS 23
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 9 min Buck Crick 583
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 18 min Elerby 162
The Future of Politics in America 18 min Buck Crick 251
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Gods r Delusions ... 665,376
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min RiversideRedneck 88,225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min RiversideRedneck 977,371
More from around the web