Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#618332 Jan 27, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh; an animal lover who understands :) Puggy's urn will be placed in my coffin with me, as I don't think her little urn will mean that much to those I leave behind...
Souvenirs of the departed (memento mori) are common through out human history. We often use material objects to remind us of those who are no longer on our lives, not just the deceased either.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#618333 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we agree on the end result. Thank you for the clarification.
It is only the details of interpreting Leviticus that we disagree.
I see Leviticus as a "portent" or "prophecy" of the day the sacrifices are no longer needed.
I don't think they ever were. I think the sacrifices are for Man, not God.
"I want you to know that humans* have authority on earth to forgive sins." - Jesus in Mark 2:10
* from the Hebrew "Ben'Adam" which in Hebrew simply means Human (singular) or Mankind (plural) it can be translated literally as "descendant(s) of Adam. It does not and never has indicated a Messiah or God... except in Christian erroneous interpretations.
Well that is your view, and that's ok. When Jesus said in Mark 2:10, and throughout Mark's gospel account, "the Son of Man," He was referring to Himself. He wasn't referring to humans in general. The key is "the" preceding Son of Man. I don't think you will find the phrase "the Son of Man in the other gospel accounts. Mark is the gospel account that emphasizes the fact that, even though Jesus is the Son of God, He is also the Son of Man being born from his earthly mother, Mary.

Also, I believe the sacrifices were for God first and man second.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618334 Jan 27, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>.... There was no shedding of blood in the case of the scapegoat so a curse remained upon it....
Where does it say a curse was placed on the scape goat ?

The Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16) ends with the scapegoat taken beyond the city gates. Beyond that is only wild speculation.

Note too, that Sin Offerings are only for unintentional sins. The scapegoat covered ALL sins and forgave them whether you wanted it, believed it or knew it. It was a yearly cleansing for all the unrepented intentional sins of everyone.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#618335 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the Temple be rebuilt ?
Jesus rebuilt it in three days, didn't He ?(your religion not mine)
Again, Jesus was speaking of Himself being crucified and then resurrected.

The physical temple in Jerusalem has not yet been rebuilt.

Well, I have enjoyed this discussion thus far, but I must get ready to go ref basketball. Don't want to be late. The youth command my attention for the next few hours.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#618336 Jan 27, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply, Drew.
Why do you suppose then, if we can never be perfected here in this life,
that so many judge others and make life so difficult for those different than themselves?
-.All the while praising God?
I don't understand it.
That behavior seems to make people run from God, not embrace Him.
I'll get back to you on that, Le le. I do have something to say but time is limited right now. I must go and ref but I'll be back later tonight.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#618337 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Trial ?
I am sure you will play the part of "The Accuser".
nope - just a witness to how you hated the truth and promoted lies about God and His Christ....

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#618338 Jan 27, 2014
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya. I've learned the best time, place and manner to kill a goat.
In the name of God.
Should come in pretty handy.
Hey LIT,

When I lived in Texas the best time and place to kill a goat was two days before the barbeque at the site of the planned event. The manner was up to the one who provided the goat.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#618339 Jan 27, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwe I am happy with me myself and I. We three make one. I am retired now think I done
my time in the work department. Time for some play and r&r. I transported for three years back in the eighties wheeled a taxi cab in those days. It is snowing here today so will
be a winter wonderland by evening.
We have been thinking a lot about retirement, not sure if I ever will as I still have the ability to earn and love those weekly paychecks -- allows me to do things retirement would totally restrict --

However we are strongly thinking on heading South for the winters -- at lease a place where we don't have to deal with winter storms and shoveling snow and the heat bills are astronomical -- we have granddaughters in lower Mississippi that would be awesome to get to spend time with and a great granddaughter -- kinda thinking along your mode of transport a party pad LOL.

As we are certified transporters and I'm a certified respite provider we can always come back and pick up work somewhere -- the need is tremendous for caregiving --

It is bad weather up here again today - so glad most everything is cancelled and I've just enjoyed a leisurely shower and some Topix time -- TLC - Jute

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#618340 Jan 27, 2014
Wow, 32 posts just went missing. Not mine, though.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618341 Jan 27, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical temple in Jerusalem has not yet been rebuilt......
Rebuilt ? It wouldn't be destroyed for another 40 years.

I think he meant he could destroy Temple Judaism and replace it with faith that didn;t need archaic rituals. "The Law will be written upon men's hearts" kind of statement.

There is no longer any need for rituals or Temples.(IMO)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618342 Jan 27, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical temple in Jerusalem has not yet been rebuilt.
Well, I have enjoyed this discussion thus far, but I must get ready to go ref basketball. Don't want to be late. The youth command my attention for the next few hours.
Thanks for a n interesting and civil discussion.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#618343 Jan 27, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will ~ Look out America, here I come xxxx
Yep, funny how Remudie and I have stayed in touch in that old forum, where many came and went, and at one point, we were sort of enemies. I have learned much about him over these years, and he has learned much about me. He has shown me that there is no need to have a fence or a barrier, we only put them up ourselves. He does not belong in here; he would spring to our defense and bring down the wrath of all opposition, and indeed, give Dr Shrink a battle to contend with. He is like LifeLover, in my honest opinion, and needs the love of as many he can get it from :)
I was just looking back and noticed your first line YEAH !!!! I'll be ready and waiting.

less than 5 days to finish out this long exasperating month -- Feb being a short one then onto March which is long too but at least with hope of Spring in the air --

TLC - Judy

Lost In Transition

United States

#618344 Jan 27, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LIT,
When I lived in Texas the best time and place to kill a goat was two days before the barbeque at the site of the planned event. The manner was up to the one who provided the goat.
Eh?
Texans don't take kindly to goat-ropers, Drew.
I'll bet your salsa was made in New York City.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618345 Jan 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
nope - just a witness to how you hated the truth and promoted lies about God and His Christ....
Whatever you say, Satan.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618347 Jan 27, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
....When Jesus said in Mark 2:10, and throughout Mark's gospel account, "the Son of Man," He was referring to Himself......
Of course He did! Jesus was a 'Son of Man' just like you and I. We are also 'Sons of God' as well.

Many people in the Bible are referred to as "Son of Man".

"The Hebrew expression "son of man" (&#1489;&#1503;–&# 1488;&#1491;&#1501; i.e. ben-'adam) appears one hundred and seven times in the Jewish Bible. This is the most common Hebrew construction for the singular and appears 93 times in Ezekiel alone and 14 times elsewhere. In thirty two cases the phrase appears in intermediate plural form "sons of men", i.e. human beings."

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia: Q-Z by Geoffrey W. Bromiley (Jan 31, 1995) ISBN 0802837840 page 574

Lord Jesus Christ: Devotion to Jesus in Earliest Christianity by Larry W. Hurtado, ISBN 0-8028-3167-2 Wm B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2005 pages 290-293

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618348 Jan 27, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Wow, 32 posts just went missing. Not mine, though.
I think the mods mopped up Shrinkie's posts.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#618349 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say, Satan.

1/26/2014
[QUOTE who="BenAdam"]<qu oted text>
I don't need Christianity.
I have God and Jesus
Liar.

Which Christian on here ever say they were part of the Born Again Denomination?

Liar.

Why you use numbers from a report explaining a denomination against numbers from Gallup explaining number of individuals?

Liar.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#618350 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say, Satan.
and thank YOU for the very interesting and civil conversation! LOL!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#618351 Jan 27, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I do enjoy civil conversations, and yes it is. Some very good information is being posited.
You think we going to get some snow in the next day of so? I really don't trust weather forecasters. they are kind of like some Topix posters who want to get the "leg up" on every other one.
Tomorrow...2 to 3 inches of snow (maybe more) here.....Getting their 4 wheelers ready to ride around and do circles.....They enjoyed it because it lasts for usually just a day (the ground is too warm)....today it went up to 68

Weird weather...huh?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#618352 Jan 27, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you - This was nice of you to post for me -I may decide to check this out --
When I first registered it was a hurry up and make a moniker decision.
Tis not that I want to deceive or post differently, just that I love the name
Polaris and it holds a very special meaning for me.

TLC - OSG Judy
I understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min River Tam 104,506
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min Gabriel 981,182
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 672,894
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 389
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
About Times and Laws 8 hr harvey plunkett 1
More from around the web