Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#618187 Jan 27, 2014
You're Lying. Where is the study that you claim born agains are down to 50,000?
[QUOTE who="BenAdam"]<qu oted text>
You can't read the study I posted can you.
Since its emergence during the 1960's, most of the independent "Born Again" group members eventually join other mainstream, recognized denominations mostly Southern Baptist and Evangelical ones.

1/26/2014
QUOTE who="BenAdam"<quo ted text>
I don't need Christianity.
I have God and Jesus

You're Lying.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#618189 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a few people here (from 'both sides) that I admire.
You are one of them.
Thanks for being here.
I appreciate that my friend.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#618190 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you Leviticus is a pack of lies ?
Pray tell how you get blood from a grain offering ?
" 'When someone brings a grain offering to the LORD, his offering is to be of fine flour. He is to pour oil on it, put incense on it and take it to Aaron's sons the priests. The priest shall take a handful of the fine flour and oil, together with all the incense, and burn this as a memorial portion on the altar, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD The rest of the grain offering belongs to Aaron and his sons; it is a most holy part of the offerings made to the LORD by fire " 'If you bring a grain offering baked in an oven, it is to consist of fine flour: cakes made without yeast and mixed with oil, or wafers made without yeast and spread with oil. If your grain offering is prepared on a griddle, it is to be made of fine flour mixed with oil, and without yeast. Crumble it and pour oil on it; it is a grain offering. If your grain offering is cooked in a pan, it is to be made of fine flour and oil. Bring the grain offering made of these things to the LORD; present it to the priest, who shall take it to the altar. He shall take out the memorial portion from the grain offering and burn it on the altar as an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD. The rest of the grain offering belongs to Aaron and his sons; it is a most holy part of the offerings made to the LORD by fire. " 'Every grain offering you bring to the LORD must be made without yeast, for you are not to burn any yeast or honey in an offering made to the LORD by fire. You may bring them to the LORD as an offering of the firstfruits, but they are not to be offered on the altar as a pleasing aroma.Season all your grain offerings with salt. Do not leave the salt of the covenant of your God out of your grain offerings; add salt to all your offerings. " 'If you bring a grain offering of firstfruits to the LORD, offer crushed heads of new grain roasted in the fire. Put oil and incense on it; it is a grain offering. 16 The priest shall burn the memorial portion of the crushed grain and the oil, together with all the incense, as an offering made to the LORD by fire."
Leviticus 2
I suggest that you read the Bible someday.
This I why I call you a liar and a fraud.
When the Hebrews offered up grain on the altar, they were thanking the Lord for His mercy and for supplying their needs.

The Hebrew word "minchah" is the term used for the grain offering. This term was also used in that time to refer to the tribute that was offered to a great king as a sign of and thanksgiving for his goodness to his subjects.

The grain offering wasn't used for the atonement of sins.

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul, Lev. 17:11.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#618191 Jan 27, 2014
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Serah,Just received this message.. I have been thinking about staying.. Her name is Luci..... I do know her..Always got along,every since we met..I was just gone for awhile..Left in November 2011..

But you and everyone knew where I was all along.. I was given a FB acct for Christmas in 2012.. Havent been hardly in topix since then.. GLAD to be here..I see you through the smoke.. YOU have Smiling eyes...and a Genuine Smile..
You were here, as in topix when we met last year, if only a little and it'd be nice if you stayed, even if you tell me off a lot :p

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#618192 Jan 27, 2014
_DEMON_ wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from someone who posted that creepy video? thank you, i take that as a compliment, cause as you know pumkin, I THINK YOU ROCK! ireckn so...
The video was about you, silly.

*pepper spray?*

:/

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#618193 Jan 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the world want a "worldwide" religion?
I sure doubt.
Facts - too many diverse religions is the reason why this will never occur.
At various times in the history of man unscrupulous priesthoods have caused the downfall of religion. Just take a look around. What do you see? Systems of theology made up of inventions, extravagances and immorality, omissions and false translations, etc.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#618195 Jan 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's where we get the expression "scapegoat".
Correct!

An innocent that takes the blame for the guilty.

In theological terms, seeing Jesus as the Scapegoat has a few ethical problems.

1. Using an innocent to take the blame for you is considered unethical in most societies.
2. A religion based on "scapegoating" (IE: offerings, sacrifices, appeasement of a deity) is fostering and justifying unethical conduct.
3. That a deity requires such unethical conduct makes that deity unethical.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618196 Jan 27, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, after all, scrolling can be looked upon as spineless :)
You tried. That is commendable.

It is those that say "what's the use" without even trying that really fail.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618197 Jan 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're talking.
The scary thing is that some of the more fanatical ones probably are genuine.
It is difficult to tell. That is why POEing is successful.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618199 Jan 27, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You really are trying to take the cake.... Carrying a dead corpse around? Is that what you call a beautiful urn holding the ashes of a beloved pet? No wonder you could so easily write go and sniff some ashes; you tried to hurt with your words, and all you did is show your true colors. I lay with Puggy as she took her last breath, I felt the last shudder of her little body when she took her last breath, I held her until she was cooling down and carried her wrapped up in her precious pink blanket. That was after I had spent 13 beautiful years with my little Queen.
An animal lover would not, nor could not, write what you did. Simple and end of.
We have a pyramid shaped box that holds the ashes of all our deceased ferrets. I want some of my ashes with them when I pass.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618200 Jan 27, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, please know that we do care for each other, and we will Pray for your good health to be restored, just as we Prayed before. We are all on a learning curve and sometimes, the curve is massive :)
Thanks Serah. That was sweet.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618201 Jan 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Rule 1/
Don't reply to an abusive post. If U do, it preserves it even if the mods do delete it.
Good point. Thanks!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618202 Jan 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't Pam. Let private conversations stay that way. You didn't with me, try to do better for her and I'll let it go.
I'll protect her even if I have to roll in the mud to do it.
<smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618203 Jan 27, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Duane !
Curious, where did you get that stat? Don't know if you saw my post from earlier:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Unless there is an actual "cult" who call themselves the "Born Again 'Whatevers' "(Like Camping's "True Believers" - exclusive group).
As Christianity wanes in the West , it rises in the East - some of the greatest growth is in ...
China...
The independent "Born Again" groups (cults/sects) came out of the "Jesus Freak" movement of the 60's.

It grew as a 'New Age Fad' until the late 80's and then took a sudden decline. Most have migrated to organized religions with similar views.

The decline and shift in religious identity in the USA is shown in ARIS study I posted.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#618204 Jan 27, 2014
_DEMON_ wrote:
<quoted text>As i said, thank you.. i don't get the pepper spray thing tho?
Oh. I'll explain it to you, I would like to spray you in the face with it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#618205 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>We have a pyramid shaped box that holds the ashes of all our deceased ferrets. I want some of my ashes with them when I pass.
ew

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#618206 Jan 27, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You missed the whole point nunzio!
WOOOOOOSH!
it's always 'opposite day' in the kingdom of darkness;-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#618207 Jan 27, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> He pull that stat out of one of his many delusional fantasies lol.
He is simply Lying.....
Still refuse t read that study.

The ignorant and delusional often refuse to acknowledge anything that conflicts with their erroneous world view.

Thanks for proving that.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#618208 Jan 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"OK my fellow Nazis, who denies the truth of Mein Kampf ?" - Assup
"Lie for Jesus!" - Assup
i said that i see your hand raised, duane - you may put it down now!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#618209 Jan 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
If you are thinking about leaving the christian cult or any of its offshoots, know that the vipers who claim to follow jesus will;
- Hound you in manner of the demons they are obsessed with.
- Stalk you.
- Try to harm and malign you in any way they can.
- Lie about you in groups.
- Use everything you have ever told them against you, often with embellishments.
- Some will even try to kill you.
Leave anyway and know that the law is on your side.
If befriending christian cult members online, keep everything on record and be as vague as possible, these people will stop at nothing to viciously attack you should you leave.
There is no hope, peace, joy or love in christianity, it is a cult of misery and lies.
goodness NO! if you were involved in my group and you wanted to leave, i'd say "good riddance and don't let the door hit your big ass on the way out!";-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 110,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Rosesz 675,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,282
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web