you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”
~ Rita Rudner
Thought for the day
Woo bad idea.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#617608 Jan 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
According to Paul, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness"

As for the majority of "Christians" you have nothing to offer me so please don't waste your time trying to convert me. I can make my own pile of sh!t if I choose to.
Yep you done a bang up job converting youself.

Yep that pile of sh*t in your nest is all yours.

Yep agree your a waste of time.

Yep your a screw Lose with no nut.

LLLLLLLLLLoooooooooooooooLLLLL LLLLLLLLL

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#617609 Jan 25, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>Woo bad idea.
Are you ok lil?

Love to you.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#617610 Jan 25, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> iyai! Deb writer! it should be obvious if a Christian read the Word of God anywhere---could be on a bubble gum wrapper they going closer to God. That not news.
And stop with the behavior foolishness. What behavior you talking about? All you have on here is writings. Writers have different degree to how they express themselves. You expect every Christian on here to write like >you< ?
I talking about the discussions between so called believers and so called unbelievers. Is the same repeat repeat repeat. I don't see in the last 6 months any philosophical discussion between a believer and a unbeliever that was anything new. Same old same old. So enjoy the billboard as I do--but no pretend the back and forth between believers and unbelievers accomplishing anything.
I understand what you are saying-
The back and forth has no advantage for the two involved- but- it does have bearing on witnesses to the conversations. Especially scriptures- well- I should say that IF God led the person to post them- then His word will reach who He is seeking.

Have a great day~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#617611 Jan 25, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Serah msg me that Remudi lost one of his dogs and I didn't have the name of the old thread or in my bookmarks anymore -- I saw her name here and came in to find her.
And ya might know the golden thread wrapped around my finger and tugged me back in LOL --
I realize it is far from what was started here -- but every now and then a post comes shining thru that makes it worth while to give the effort.
Your doing a wonderful job Deb in your work for the kingdom -- don't think your words fall on all blind eyes or deft ears O:K -- TLC - Judy
(((((Judy)))))))
"They" thought that we told each other to come in (c:

LOL- I guess it is partially true then (c:

Have a lovely day <3

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#617612 Jan 25, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know why I keep trying to get thru to them, but I do.
They think they're "gods" within themselves, and do not have to listen, but follow their own blind desires.
Well, the Bible does say we humans are ALL Gods in Psalm 82 and Genesis.

The problem seems to be that they think they are and no on else.

I think Psalm 82 tells us we all have the potential to be "Gods" and that we can either remain 'animals', become "good" Gods or "evil" Gods. That we have that choice is freewill.

I think Christianity complicates the crap out of some simple Hebrew allegories. I think has much to do with the fact that Christianity knows nothing of Judaism and never has.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#617613 Jan 25, 2014
((((((Whispers))))))) ((((((Epi)))))))

“The..”

#617614 Jan 25, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>I understand what you are saying-
The back and forth has no advantage for the two involved- but- it does have bearing on witnesses to the conversations. Especially scriptures- well- I should say that IF God led the person to post them- then His word will reach who He is seeking.

Have a great day~
Your christian god leads you to post incendiary, vicious lies?

Good to know.

http://www.cainer.com.au/today/piscest.html

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#617615 Jan 25, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((((Judy)))))))
"They" thought that we told each other to come in (c:
LOL- I guess it is partially true then (c:
Have a lovely day <3
I was never asked or told to come in here -- I was looking for Serah and saw she was on here.

Anyway that doesn't matter - I'm the second poster in this room from the beginning -- I don't need a membership to come in and see my chair is still at the table, a little dusty but still here. When I take breaks from here it's because it gets so bad you need a flashlight to walk around in the daytime.

Most everyone has given up here and gone to FB where one can post the way it used to be in here.
Yet from time to time many step back in for the love of the room.

So here we are Deb -- Worthy is the Lamb ---- TLC - Judy

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#617616 Jan 25, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
The back and forth has no advantage for the two involved-......
I learn much from the Christians here. First and foremost is that Christianity is full of liars, idiots and lunatics.

Thanks for that.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#617617 Jan 25, 2014
I was wondering this morning...why people continue to argue "religion" when they know...there is no end in sight. So...I went to find out...has anyone else ever wondered why this "debate" continues.

Here is some of what I found...thought I would share some of it with you this morning...

This one in particular caught my attention...

"Four monks decided to meditate silently without speaking for two weeks. By nightfall
on the first day, the candle began to flicker and then went out. The first monk said,
"Oh, no! The candle is out." The second monk said, "Aren't we not suppose to talk?"
The third monk said, "Why must you two break the silence?" The fourth monk laughed
and said, "Ha! I'm the only one who didn't speak."

Frequently, those who try to stop the fight become participants. The fourth monk character is the most interesting. He is the bystander who just passes the judgment and is proud of himself that "he is not like the others". Ironically, he is a participant too :-) Luke 18:9-14 comes to mind.

To save you from looking up scripture...I did it for you (yes...I realize that there will be someone that gets plssed because a little heathen actually knows how to look up scripture...get over it).

Luke 18

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed:‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

http://www.ted.com/conversations/16282/is_the...

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#617618 Jan 25, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning....12 degrees here....Brrrrrr
Hey who left the blueberry muffins??? Mmmmm
“I love being married....It’s so great to find that one special person
you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”
~ Rita Rudner
Thought for the day
Michigan is really known for it's blueberries among other fruits -- I remember picking and picking and picking till I thought my fingers would fall off when I was a pre teen to gather money for school clothes. Those llittle berries in a big bucket just seemed so unfair LOL at like 70 cents a bucket to fill.

I don't know about annoy but is pet peeves the same thing -- like socks on the floor or constantly slamming a door instead of just shutting it or tightening a jar of anything so tight I can't get it off -- LOL -- after 44 years I'm sure he has a few on his list too teehee.

GOoD to see you Epi -- Have a wonderful blessed day -- TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#617619 Jan 25, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you done a bang up job converting youself.
Yep that pile of sh*t in your nest is all yours.
Yep agree your a waste of time.
Yep your a screw Lose with no nut.
LLLLLLLLLLoooooooooooooooLLLLL LLLLLLLLL
GOoD morning Lil Whispers -- I absolutely love your spit fire personality --
I've been told dynamite comes in small packages but honey you are C-4 LOL

Hows the farm these days? TLC Jute

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#617620 Jan 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I learn much from the Christians here. First and foremost is that Christianity is full of liars, idiots and lunatics.
Thanks for that.
Sadly I discovered that all all mankind has its share of liars, idiots and lunatics.

Seriously "G"...don't you think that it depends upon the perspective in which you view a person?

None of us are saints...

“The..”

#617621 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
I was wondering this morning...why people continue to argue "religion" when they know...there is no end in sight. So...I went to find out...has anyone else ever wondered why this "debate" continues.

Here is some of what I found...thought I would share some of it with you this morning...

This one in particular caught my attention...

"Four monks decided to meditate silently without speaking for two weeks. By nightfall
on the first day, the candle began to flicker and then went out. The first monk said,
"Oh, no! The candle is out." The second monk said, "Aren't we not suppose to talk?"
The third monk said, "Why must you two break the silence?" The fourth monk laughed
and said, "Ha! I'm the only one who didn't speak."

Frequently, those who try to stop the fight become participants. The fourth monk character is the most interesting. He is the bystander who just passes the judgment and is proud of himself that "he is not like the others". Ironically, he is a participant too :-) Luke 18:9-14 comes to mind.

To save you from looking up scripture...I did it for you (yes...I realize that there will be someone that gets plssed because a little heathen actually knows how to look up scripture...get over it).

Luke 18

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed:‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

http://www.ted.com/conversations/16282/is_the...
Maybe the end is not in sight but a begging is definitely in order, in America that is, many other countries began awhile ago.

A time for everything, I think the time to judge the religion that has been in judgement of all else to the point of genocide/s, is nigh.

The good thing about now is that there are laws preventing the church from killing those who dare to speak out against it, they won't have much luck in silencing us either.

Good morning Annie :-)

“The..”

#617622 Jan 25, 2014
*beginning

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#617623 Jan 25, 2014
I think like "Colleen"...can there be meaningful conversation as long as we think..."I am right and you are wrong"...continue to insult each other...label people as "liars, idiots and lunatics". Both sides do it...we are all guilty.

Here is a couple of "Colleen's" posts that I happen to agree with...

Post 1...

You write about a certin group of people....

"they behave irrationally"... "most were reticent and fearful"...you felt "pathos" for "these seemingly lost souls afraid of their own thoughts, and the unreliability of their own minds, as they struggle."

Do you honestly think/feel this kind of labeling contributes to furthering a conversation? It appears that you effectively demonstrate why religious debates often turn into a fight.

Post 2...

You have hit on an important factor regarding religious debates turning into a big fight.

Obey, you write..."Probably difficult to have a meaningful conversation when one party believes they have the absolute truth about everything..."

Farokh, you write..."details are very frustration specially when they can't accept to change their beliefs".

I observe that the biggest struggles are when one person not only thinks s/he has all the answers, but ALSO tries get the other person to accept it as THEIR belief as well.

Obey, as you say...no meaningfull conversation can evolve when one person thinks they have all the answers. They communicate as if THEIR truth has to be everybodys truth....and they are on a mission to convince us that they are "right". Nothing can come from that behavior except struggle. Trying to change the other person's belief because they think/feel they are "right" contributes to struggle. When one person in a conversation begins to struggle (fight), it is common for the other person to struggle and fight to maintain their own perspective, and that is when the conversation beaks down.

We CAN accept a belief as another person's belief without embracing it as our own belief. We CAN be open to thoughts, feelings, perceptions, ideas and opinions of others, without trying to pressure another person to believe as we do. To do that, one has to let go of the idea that our truth, or answer, is the one and only "right" information.

Everything is information....sometimes learned....sometimes proven....sometimes speculation....sometimes beliefs for which there is no proof. Each and every one of us will take the information from our experiences, including what we have been taught by parents, society,etc., and use that information as we choose. We KNOW individuals have different experiences. We KNOW there is information passed down through families, societies, religion, cultures, etc. I experience the differences as interesting:>)

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#617624 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly I discovered that all all mankind has its share of liars, idiots and lunatics.
Seriously "G"...don't you think that it depends upon the perspective in which you view a person?
None of us are saints...
GOoD morning Annie -- I've come to realize that the remarks are all about setting the tone and mood swing - in here. Thats where choices come in to either let it get under your skin or scroll or smile and Duh turn the other cheek --

The constant non stop with every single post has badgering on Christians like we are not just ordinary people sharing the same extradinary day with everyone else.

After awhile it's like they don't know how to be civil anymore -- and thats understandable when a person lives for nothing else but to slam, badger, and bully others and just keep beating them down.

So my dear lady it is so refreshing to read your posts and stories and whats going on in the real world -- anything new with you this week? TLC - OSG Judy

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#617625 Jan 25, 2014
Praise the Lord and Good Afternoon Everybody

1. A Prophecy concerning John the Baptist at his birth:

"...And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for Him, to give His people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins..."
Luke 1:76-77

2. The prophecy above was fulfilled and so was a much older prophecy concerning John the Baptist

"...He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet (Isaiah 40:3-5... prophesied around 800 years earlier):

'A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for Him.
Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
And all people will see God’s salvation.’&#8239;”
Luke 3:3-6

Why did John have to prepare the way?

“The..”

#617626 Jan 25, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>GOoD morning Annie -- I've come to realize that the remarks are all about setting the tone and mood swing - in here. Thats where choices come in to either let it get under your skin or scroll or smile and Duh turn the other cheek --

The constant non stop with every single post has badgering on Christians like we are not just ordinary people sharing the same extradinary day with everyone else.

After awhile it's like they don't know how to be civil anymore -- and thats understandable when a person lives for nothing else but to slam, badger, and bully others and just keep beating them down.

So my dear lady it is so refreshing to read your posts and stories and whats going on in the real world -- anything new with you this week? TLC - OSG Judy
You're including the christians who also do the bullying, bashing and badgering, en masse, in that incendiary post, right?

It's ok, no need to answer me, I can tell by your wording that you're not.

Would you like some persecution points with your order ma'am?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min USA Born 550,795
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min ChristineM 753,520
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min NEWS-FLASH 174,529
Michelle Nunn policy 16 min Obama 5
Long Term Effects of Alcohol – What it Really D... 17 min yon 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Dorian_Gay 262,069
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min yon 38,899
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr KiMare 96,409

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE