Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#617629 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly I discovered that all all mankind has its share of liars, idiots and lunatics.
Seriously "G"...don't you think that it depends upon the perspective in which you view a person?
None of us are saints...
IMHO, Topix Christians are more likely to lie, be ignorant and delusional than non-believers.

I understand why, too. They have their sole identity and hopes to evade punishment and death at stake. Non-believers have no such thing to lose.

Example. if a Christian realizes that their religion is full of errors and falsehoods they are going to be devastated so they remain in ignorance to protect their psyches.

However, if a non-believer realizes that the theory of relativity (for example) is full of errors and fallacies they won't be to upset.

The problem with the religious is that their entire mindset is that they can not be wrong... ever.
The non-believer (esp. agnostics) realize that they could very well be wrong.

I believe Jesus is the Final Atonement for all Mankind and that it is 'prophesied' in Leviticus 16. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me and I don't care if anyone else believes it. Upon further investigation of the early documents, I may change my opinion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617630 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly I discovered that all all mankind has its share of liars, idiots and lunatics.
Seriously "G"...don't you think that it depends upon the perspective in which you view a person?
None of us are saints...
There is a big difference between being mistaken and being a bald faced liar.

Example:
Anyone here who doesn't understand the Bible was compiled around 350 AD and authorized by a pagan Roman Emperor is either extremely stupid, extremely delusional or a bald-faced liar.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#617631 Jan 25, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
GOoD morning Annie -- I've come to realize that the remarks are all about setting the tone and mood swing - in here. Thats where choices come in to either let it get under your skin or scroll or smile and Duh turn the other cheek --
The constant non stop with every single post has badgering on Christians like we are not just ordinary people sharing the same extradinary day with everyone else.
After awhile it's like they don't know how to be civil anymore -- and thats understandable when a person lives for nothing else but to slam, badger, and bully others and just keep beating them down.
So my dear lady it is so refreshing to read your posts and stories and whats going on in the real world -- anything new with you this week? TLC - OSG Judy
They come from both sides Judy...we just only hear the ones that are directed at whatever side we happen to be on.

One way to stop them...stop responding...that probably won't happen but...it is a thought.

New in my life...I am having sodium withdrawals! I am trying to lower my sodium and I think I did too much too soon. I drink a lot of water so what sodium I am getting is being flushed out of my system. LOL I try to fix one thing and I screw up something else!:-)

Okay...I agree...not much exciting happening with me at the moment! LOL

A thought came to me while I was writing this...

The speech by MLK...not judging a man by the color of his skin...but by his character...

I think that we could also phrase that...not judging a man by what he believes...but how he puts those beliefs in to action...

I am trying hard during this year of working on myself...for me to live up to my own beliefs...and not expecting others to live up to my beliefs. I find that difficult at times...

sigh...I fail quite miserably at times...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#617632 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Luci!

I won't argue with your basic premise...I just disagree with the way to achieve it.

IMO...you don't win your own freedom by taking away the freedom of others.

In my time on Topix I have been witness to some fairly vile discussions...no one has ever won...nor has anyone truly lost...

The only time that I have ever seen any understanding between both sides is when both sides have been willing to listen to the other. Seldom happens...but on occasion it has.

I understand the frustration...I truly do. I have been the focus of some attacks by "Christians"...I am sure that I will be again. I have had some fairly vile and rude things said about me at times. At the end of the day...I have learned...it is not what is said about me that matters...for me it is all about how I handle it.

The last thing that was said to me (by someone here on this thread) that IMO went over the line...I have struggled not to retaliate...I could...but then I would be no better than that person. I personally choose not to give them that satisfaction. So I do understand...

I search for peace...I just don't think that it will be through any great battle with someone that thinks and believes differently than I do...at least not inner peace.

I hope it has cooled down a little bit in your world...in a few months that heat will hit here...not looking forward to it.
Well, we certainly have different styles and experiences, I'll leave it at that.

It's still pretty balmy with not much chance of change as I suspect there's only one season where I'm at.

Does it get terribly hot there?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#617633 Jan 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, Topix Christians are more likely to lie, be ignorant and delusional than non-believers.
I understand why, too. They have their sole identity and hopes to evade punishment and death at stake. Non-believers have no such thing to lose.
Example. if a Christian realizes that their religion is full of errors and falsehoods they are going to be devastated so they remain in ignorance to protect their psyches.
However, if a non-believer realizes that the theory of relativity (for example) is full of errors and fallacies they won't be to upset.
The problem with the religious is that their entire mindset is that they can not be wrong... ever.
The non-believer (esp. agnostics) realize that they could very well be wrong.
I believe Jesus is the Final Atonement for all Mankind and that it is 'prophesied' in Leviticus 16. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me and I don't care if anyone else believes it. Upon further investigation of the early documents, I may change my opinion.
I think this is a valid point...

When I think about myself...

There were things that I learned during my time as a Christian that upon further investigation with an open mind that I found to be wrong...things that I had always believed. Even though I had long left Christianity i felt as if I had been wronged...lived a lie...disappointed I guess.

The same thing can happen in relationships...you think that you can trust...then find out that you are wrong. Since most Christians now feel as if Christianity is not a religion but rather a relationship...to find out they have been wrong...they would have that trust stripped away.

Not sure I worded that exactly right but hopefully it made sense.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617634 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
......you don't win your own freedom by taking away the freedom of others......
A perfect argument against Christianity. Thanks.

That is exactly what Christians have been doing for 1700 years and Muslims for 1500 years.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#617635 Jan 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we certainly have different styles and experiences, I'll leave it at that.
It's still pretty balmy with not much chance of change as I suspect there's only one season where I'm at.
Does it get terribly hot there?
Where I was living...no...summertime highs were mild. Where I live now...there will be month after month after month of unbearable heat! I am not looking forward to it. I don't like to sweat!

No problem on the different styles and experiences...I think life would get rather boring if we were all alike...besides...don't know if I could stand "2" of me!:-/

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617636 Jan 25, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
The constant non stop with every single post has badgering on Christians like we are not just ordinary people sharing the same extradinary day with everyone else....
Because you aren't like everyone else. Christians think they are better and smarter than everyone else and use their religion as a weapon to beat anyone who disagrees with you.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#617637 Jan 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats your excuse then?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#617638 Jan 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference between being mistaken and being a bald faced liar.
Example:
Anyone here who doesn't understand the Bible was compiled around 350 AD and authorized by a pagan Roman Emperor is either extremely stupid, extremely delusional or a bald-faced liar.
Which brings up this thought to me...

I grew up reading the King James version...only one we had at our house...what most people read.

Now for some strange reason...some call it filled with errors...worthless...and they believe that more recent versions are the only correct ones. Seems to me...that each time it is re-translated there is more possibility of "man" error.

Do you think that some prefer later translations be cause they have been "dumbed down" for easier reading?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617639 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is a valid point...
When I think about myself...
There were things that I learned during my time as a Christian that upon further investigation with an open mind that I found to be wrong...things that I had always believed. Even though I had long left Christianity i felt as if I had been wronged...lived a lie...disappointed I guess.
The same thing can happen in relationships...you think that you can trust...then find out that you are wrong. Since most Christians now feel as if Christianity is not a religion but rather a relationship...to find out they have been wrong...they would have that trust stripped away.
Not sure I worded that exactly right but hopefully it made sense.
It is much like the trauma a child goes through accepting that Santa and the Easter Bunny don't exist. I think subconsciously people do not want to relive that trauma so build a wall against the truth.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#617640 Jan 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians think they are better and smarter than everyone else and use their religion as a weapon to beat anyone who disagrees with you.
Whats your excuse then?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#617641 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Where I was living...no...summertime highs were mild. Where I live now...there will be month after month after month of unbearable heat! I am not looking forward to it. I don't like to sweat!

No problem on the different styles and experiences...I think life would get rather boring if we were all alike...besides...don't know if I could stand "2" of me!:-/
Lol. I think the world could use more than two like you Annie.
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#617642 Jan 25, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us are saints...
of course you are losers,lunatics,and idiot
I wonder that now you back up your own dr Shrink
'Who is saint,holy,pure like diamond?
so,you poor lunatic,it is good you admit your horrible failure,but admition doesn't save you from your wicked acts in past against Saint dr Shrink and all sick lies?
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#617643 Jan 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You got quite a following there stinkolph.
Do them cockroaches sing praises to ya all night?
thank you for your responds,
it is exactly seen that without of your dr Shrink your brain doesn't work,
You fail in love to dr Shrink,only your dr is not gay,
and only can operate your balls,and 2 inch meat,to makes you after surgery man lesbian,
cockroaches are my private army who praise their general and urinate all together at scums like you(it look like heavy rain falling on your poor bold fat swollen face from drugs and alcohol or stinking moon shine mix with bloody Mary

so Siu Siu Nunzio obes rolek
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#617644 Jan 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I think the world could use more than two like you Annie.
you got no brain to think???
Annie same have all screws completly dry and loose,like you

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#617645 Jan 25, 2014
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you. And then you have to put it back into the sky. And it's the most painful thing you'll ever have to do and that you've ever done. But what's yours is yours. Whether it’s up in the sky or here in your hands. And one day, it'll fall from the sky and hit you in the head real hard and that time, you won't have to put it back in the sky again.”

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#617646 Jan 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're including the christians who also do the bullying, bashing and badgering, en masse, in that incendiary post, right?
It's ok, no need to answer me, I can tell by your wording that you're not.
Would you like some persecution points with your order ma'am?
Yes I am speaking of both sides -- I just come from a thread where people talk civil -- Christian and non Christian alike -- it was so nice.

It's a dang if ya do and dang if ya don't world we live in isn't it -- I've been reading your posts Divinity to try and get a grasp of what it is your trying to bring to the table -- you do make a lot of good points and then I read as to how people respond to you.

I think Christian a title has a long list of qualifications and many unfortunately fall just as you and Duane and a few others project.

Topix has evolved such a language degrading terminology especially for the diversified.

I was so enjoying reading the questions Dar brought in and how Drew responded and another Topix poster that is educated along Dars lines is Q --there are others as well -- but this is how I learn. My GOoD Ness I'm no scholar nor educated like they are -- just a simple Granny believer that comes in and tries to be inspiring if I can.

I mean you no harm -- I will just keep reading and scrolling -- and keep trusting God for the blessings that unfold even within these pages. TLC - OSG Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#617647 Jan 25, 2014
Lifelover wrote:
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you. And then you have to put it back into the sky. And it's the most painful thing you'll ever have to do and that you've ever done. But what's yours is yours. Whether it’s up in the sky or here in your hands. And one day, it'll fall from the sky and hit you in the head real hard and that time, you won't have to put it back in the sky again.”
I think that is why Joshua wanted me to find Polaris -- it is everlasting --

TLC - Judy

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#617648 Jan 25, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is why Joshua wanted me to find Polaris -- it is everlasting --
TLC - Judy
Hi Judy,, I rarely come here.. Its been taken over by others.. BUT you are a Treasure in this thread of chaos.. How are you,My dear sister?????? I will always remember Joshua..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Humble Chosen Child 690,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Robert F 989,840
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Trumps Gray Bar M... 42,479
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
___ #1 Shock Warning for End Time USA ___ 3 hr Nov 2017 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,367
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 4 hr Maria 44
More from around the web