“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#617191 Jan 23, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
All of your prayer has to do with the person stating the prayer.
"please help me to trust You " = an action by Self
"I invite You to fill me" - action of Self - choice
"Let my life testify of Your faithfulness." - action by Self
So as you can see - you have still yet to provide support on why religion is necessary for belief, when everything is done - because of you and not because of a religion.
In other words, you have to ask for the HS to "come inside you" - but in fact - you have nothing to prove that the HS is within you, EXCEPT by the actions you mmake and say you've made.
If that is the case, then I must already have the HS inside me, and it has been causing me to state the false tenets of Christianity.
Or there hasn't been any "possession" by the HS and you are just gullible in thinking this way, because of other men telling it was "true".
It cannot be both.
Cheers!
PS - remember - I am a direct person, and I speak what I feel is necessary for clarity. No disrespect given or intended. My posts require you the reader to have an open mind to all possibilities that exist. Yours is just one possibility or IMO - an inconsistent "story".
I appreciate your directness and your opinion on things ((((((NASL)))))))
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#617192 Jan 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
If not, please post where Jesus states the same premise as you are trying to do.
- Hint - Jesus did speak highly of the Self.
idiot like you,claim to know more about Jesus than Jesus alone
what a f...american jerk you are,no brain,not education proud s....mouth runners spiting only feaces and stink around

such cretins is plenty 2000 years latter playing big smart gods and eduated idiots more smart from God alone
bghwah haaaaaaaaaaaaaa fart fart at jerks like you,he he heeeeeee
ban your a.... stick carrot inside of your colon and allow rabbits to chase you around neighborhood,he he heeeeeeee
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#617193 Jan 23, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just answer this, why is it so important for you and Seen to try and influence other posters about me? Are you threatend by something?
I mean thats low even for a snake like you..........
this creature is not snake only scorpion having joy to spread deadly venom because alone die like worthless parasite
don't worry mister those guys full bellies of s.... and mouths without of teeth) look like old full of horse sperms old women hole?
Lost In Transition

United States

#617194 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
I have stated for years that not all of the Bible is written directly to all people; that those who read it must understand who the speaker is, who the audience is and what is being said to the specific audience. Now that doesn't mean that all cannot garner beneficial advice and information from what is being said to the intended audience. We can all learn from the experiences of others.
However, this post is not about that. It is about what being a genuine Christian (genuine believer is what I prefer) is all about. I do believe there is some confusion on this matter, but the Bible clearly states what one must do (in this present age) to be a true Christian/genuine believer. And I know that different people have different views. And that is the crux of the problem. The reason there are so many different views is that they are opinions of other people, and other people are not objective observers. Their observations are biased by their own sinfulness, and they can only observe behavior, not motive.
According to the Bible, genuine Christians are people who believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died to pay for their sins and rose again on the 3rd day as the Bible tells us in Romans 10:9-10. He did this to show that His death was the only thing sufficient to save us.
Then there is that lovely word repent whose meaning has been distorted. While many, probably most, people have the idea of repentance as changing the way one acts, the actual meaning of the word is to change the way one thinks. So trying to change the way one acts or behaves is much easier once one understands that without the mind changing, the rest of the body will never fully change. People say, "I'm sorry" all the time and a short while later they are acting like their old self doing the same things that they were "sorry" for again and again. This is not repentance for the mind hasn't changed.
You won’t find the phrase “repent of their sins” or “repent of your sins” or “repent of our sins” in the Greek text of the New Testament. Remember that the Greek word translated “repent” means to change our mind, not our behavior. In Acts 3:19 Peter said,“Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins might be wiped out.” He was telling his listeners to change their mind about their need for a Savior and turn to God, who alone could blot out their sins.
All believers have habitual sin in their lives, because all believers still have a sin nature. Just because the believer's mind has been transformed, he/she still lives in that sinful body. That’s why when Jesus came, He died for all of our sins as Colossians 2:13-14 tells us, not just those we had committed before becoming a believer.
Becoming a real Christian will change our lives, but the Holy Spirit will determine how that change takes place. We can never be perfected while here on this planet, but the Holy Spirit is in each of us to compel us to do what is right and constrain us from doing what is wrong. Sadly, no genuine believer obeys all the time. So, there are times when we let our emotions and selfish desires quench the Spirit and we don't do what we should and do what we shouldn't.
Have a wonderful day.
Hey Drew, hope all is well.
Romans, Acts, Colossians......no doubt these are what "genuine" Christians follow. Unfortunately, they have very little to do with Jesus. Not that it really matters at this time, I suppose. But the time will come when it will matter, and then you'll need to heed your own words.........

"We must understand who the speaker is, who the audience is and what is being said."

In that time, don't make the mistake of believing you have any of the answers, or that you already understand. Your beliefs will only slow you down . Or worse.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#617195 Jan 23, 2014
<quoted text>
There is a organization for these traits - its CA - Christians Anonymous
http://www.internetarchaeology.org/www.geocit...
??? Why would I want that? I'm very proud to be a Christian. The best decision in life I ever made.

Maybe as an Ex-Christian you need that organization. But that you. You can only control you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#617196 Jan 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! you never seem to tire of promoting your SELFish BS;-)
Incorrect - I ask the questions that so-called "Christians" refuse to acknowledge as a qualifier for their belief.

Yes waaasssuuup - you haven't answer the question either.....so your comment isn't accurate.

Albuquerque, NM

#617197 Jan 23, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
At the acceptance of His promises- The Holy Spirit finds a home with in our life.
Yes- I was raised Catholic in the begining - so I KNOW what you mean- but I believe the Catholic church of today preaches more gospel.(though IO do not go to this type of church)
Each person must ask God in- only then can they know - That is all I can tell you on it really.
I am definately not better than anyone- I am just on a pathway that leads me to a different perspective .
Dinner time again here-ya' gotta' get here earlier (c:
Okay Truths, this was your post to me, after I posed the questions a second time, but I am not seeing any responses to them.

Wanna try again? This time, think about the question, and then respond in honesty.

They really aren't very hard if you are truthful and honest with yourself. You can do this, correct?

How do you know the HS is in you?

What makes you think that it is - as you seem certain of it? A good feeling here and there doesn't really qualify, because I thousands of them everyday, and not once has any HS physically came to me, showed itself to me, to explain that "I have the HS within me"?

How is it that you have this ability and I do not?

Albuquerque, NM

#617198 Jan 23, 2014

Do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, considering there are more writings by "Paul" than there are Jesus, and you deem it prone to quote "Paul" over Jesus?

What did Jesus have to say about what "Paul" said above?
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
N O
Paul meeting Jesus on the path is what makes hima diligent preacher of the gospel.
Yes, I understand - "Paul" had his own gospel, he says so himself.

So back to the questions....

Do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, considering there are more writings by "Paul" than there are Jesus, and you deem it prone to quote "Paul" over Jesus?
- you answered "No", but then you stopped without answering the second part of the question.....

What did Jesus have to say about what "Paul" said?

Once you answer this, then maybe you can figure out why there is so much more of "Paul's gospel" in the Bible than there is of Jesus'.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#617199 Jan 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Oh - so nw you have the ability to define something that hasn't been made known to any human in over 3000 years, but you have "defined Him".
What makes you so special? Even over the Pope?
You should go and speak to your pastor about arrogance.
...and then you claim to know what is "difficult for me". WOW trifecta - please stop projecting your own insecurities.
Stick with not posting to me, you are much better off. It also eliminates you sticking your foot in your mouth.
*sighs*
*sighs*???

what that supposed to mean? you frustrated? you must be beaten down and frustrated if most of those 23000 plus writings you have is being on the billboard fighting Christianity. I could have told you that is a losing battle--just go ask a atheist writer name 'it aint necessarily so' lol.

But since you can't seem to not write to me---i going to answer this :)

It not arrogance senorita---it's what I know :)

And yes, if a supposed God or gods or god does not possess the attributes of omnipotence omniscient omnipresence---all knowing all present all powerful, then that God does not deserve worship.

The Almighty God of the Torah/Tanakh/New Testament---is a God that has all of those attributes.

And speaking of arrogance---how you know the Almighty has not revealed Himself to anyone over 3000yrs? just because the Almighty did not reveal Himself to you? Just who the heck do you think you are?

Maybe it's difficulties in you offline behind the billboard life that why the Almighty not reveal Himself to you. That ever cross you mind?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#617200 Jan 23, 2014
What did Jesus have to say about what "Paul" said above?
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand - "Paul" had his own gospel, he says so himself.
So back to the questions....
- you answered "No", but then you stopped without answering the second part of the question.....
What did Jesus have to say about what "Paul" said?
Once you answer this, then maybe you can figure out why there is so much more of "Paul's gospel" in the Bible than there is of Jesus'.
he he heeeeeeeee
post stinks ,need only to eliminate your stinks by dr Shrink laud farts.prrrrrrrrrrrr tttt clap clap clap

you are teacher?
,like baseball can be made from dry horse s....
very funny

Albuquerque, NM

#617201 Jan 23, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> *sighs*???
what that supposed to mean? you frustrated? you must be beaten down and frustrated if most of those 23000 plus writings you have is being on the billboard fighting Christianity. I could have told you that is a losing battle--just go ask a atheist writer name 'it aint necessarily so' lol.
And yes, if a supposed God or gods or god does not possess the attributes of omnipotence omniscient omnipresence---all knowing all present all powerful, then that God does not deserve worship.
The Almighty God of the Torah/Tanakh/New Testament---is a God that has all of those attributes.
And speaking of arrogance---how you know the Almighty has not revealed Himself to anyone over 3000yrs? just because the Almighty did not reveal Himself to you? Just who the heck do you think you are?
Maybe it's difficulties in you offline behind the billboard life that why the Almighty not reveal Himself to you. That ever cross you mind?
None of what you have said applies to me. I've asked for the HS.

Shoot baptism and confirmation should have been the answer, but it wasn't - as I have yet to see anyone "receive the HS". It's all a bunch of bogus hooey that so-called "Christians" continue to be dishonest about, by saying it happens.

And the funny thing about it is, they continue to exclaim its truth, but when confronted with them showing me how it occured to them, they seem to divert and avoid from answering.

Just like you have done numerous times.

You are a dishonest fraud just trying to mislead others with false information that you cannot prove is true.

*sighs*
- I'm sighing for your ignorance and fevor in thinking you "know" anything.

I just wish you would do your own research - from outside the religion. But alas, you won't because you are afraid of what you will find.

It is quite sad how you enjoy following men and their beliefs.

Now - its your turn to tell me the same ol' story that you have been - you seem to have memorized it because you continuously repeat it.

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#617202 Jan 23, 2014
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Drew, hope all is well.
Romans, Acts, Colossians......no doubt these are what "genuine" Christians follow. Unfortunately, they have very little to do with Jesus. Not that it really matters at this time, I suppose. But the time will come when it will matter, and then you'll need to heed your own words.........
I'd like to address the following ...
"We must understand who the speaker is, who the audience is and what is being said."
In that time, don't make the mistake of believing you have any of the answers, or that you already understand. Your beliefs will only slow you down . Or worse.
I agree with every word of the above LIT, and that is why I so strongly argue that a belief in a higher power must be a one-on-one personal endeavor. Too many like to think they understand, but when the bell tolls ...only then will we understand that our complacency will oppose us.

“to know me is to love me ”

Since: Jan 14

Melbourne

#617203 Jan 23, 2014
Jesus loves you because it raining on my day off and I wanted to do gardening, so I'm sitting on the front purch ( did I spell that right?) In summer watching the rain and listing to the birds.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#617204 Jan 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You're late to the Christian Gang Bang.
Thank you for demonstrating why Christianity is a fraud.
Hi Duane,

Thanks for the comment.

Hope you have a wonderful evening.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#617205 Jan 23, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
**edited for space**....Drew....Great to see you... I agree " no genuine believer obeys all the time"
Hi Epi,

It's good to see you, too, Sis.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#617206 Jan 23, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> *sighs*???
The best thing about your delusion is only you have to believe it.

Albuquerque, NM

#617207 Jan 23, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
N O
Paul meeting Jesus on the path is what makes hima diligent preacher of the gospel.
I understand - you believe visions/dreams as truth by someone who has admitted that some of his letters are forgeries?

I had a dream about a UFO. Does that make me believe aliens were our creators?

Same logic, except my dream is what I had. You believe a man's dream that supposedly occurred 2000 years ago.

You logic is skewed.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#617208 Jan 23, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Drew, good ta see ya.........
Whose gonna win the Super Bowl?
Maybe next year its Carolinas turn..........
Hey Larry.

Well I'm going to watch it rooting for no particular team, but I believe Denver will win. Carolina needs to improve their running game, upgrade their receiver corps and shore up the defensive backfield. If they can successfully do that during the off season, then they should be in the hunt.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#617209 Jan 23, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Drew. Amen.
Hi, Q.

Cold down in these parts, ain't it?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#617210 Jan 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well put, Drew, and thanks for chiming in!
there's just one thing that i'd like to challenge you to consider:
you said - "because all believers still have a sin nature"
i do not believe that the New Testament teaches us that born-again believers still have a sinnful nature and the Old Testament alluded that the Christ would come to deliver us from it! otherwise, what prey tell have we been born-again from?
i do agree that we still sin as believers, but it's not because of our spirit/nature. it's because we still reside in a physical body that's subject to the temptations of the flesh.
if we stiil had a sinnful nature, then God being Holy could not reside in us nor could we relate/fellowship with Him as we do as born-again believers. i.e., the Second Adam/Christ undid what the first adam did and through Him we have a new Nature created in the image of God:-)
Hello there waaasssuuup.

The sin nature referred to is the body in which we live. This holds us back. When God saves us, He quickens our spirit, but our soul still resides in a body which is forever corrupt. God, the Father cannot look upon sin. That is why when He looks at us, He doesn't see our sin because it has been blotted out by Jesus' blood. Moreover, at the rapture/resurrection we will receive our new incorrupt bodies.

When we read Paul's writings, we see that he is addressing the problems of the church and their behavior. He is instructing these believers in what they should be doing and admonishing them for what they are doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 4 min Lumajuice 32
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 777,401
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Rick in Kansas 265,372
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 560,139
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,841
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 96,839
More from around the web