“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#617156 Jan 23, 2014
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hum the wonder of it all. I dropped in to say hello rider and stay warm.
I do not need to check out anything else.LOL
LOL. Hey LW... Same ole, same ole in here. Nice to see ya, and dont be a stranger..........

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#617157 Jan 23, 2014
Hello all,

While I haven't posted in a while, I have occasionally looked in and read. And what do I see? I see pretty much the same thing as I've been seeing for a while. So with that, I thought I would throw this into the ring. It may offer clarification to some, and to others, well it's probably just another window of opportunity to make light of and bash what the Bible says and teaches.

I have stated for years that not all of the Bible is written directly to all people; that those who read it must understand who the speaker is, who the audience is and what is being said to the specific audience. Now that doesn't mean that all cannot garner beneficial advice and information from what is being said to the intended audience. We can all learn from the experiences of others.

However, this post is not about that. It is about what being a genuine Christian (genuine believer is what I prefer) is all about. I do believe there is some confusion on this matter, but the Bible clearly states what one must do (in this present age) to be a true Christian/genuine believer. And I know that different people have different views. And that is the crux of the problem. The reason there are so many different views is that they are opinions of other people, and other people are not objective observers. Their observations are biased by their own sinfulness, and they can only observe behavior, not motive.

According to the Bible, genuine Christians are people who believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died to pay for their sins and rose again on the 3rd day as the Bible tells us in Romans 10:9-10. He did this to show that His death was the only thing sufficient to save us.

Then there is that lovely word repent whose meaning has been distorted. While many, probably most, people have the idea of repentance as changing the way one acts, the actual meaning of the word is to change the way one thinks. So trying to change the way one acts or behaves is much easier once one understands that without the mind changing, the rest of the body will never fully change. People say, "I'm sorry" all the time and a short while later they are acting like their old self doing the same things that they were "sorry" for again and again. This is not repentance for the mind hasn't changed.

You won’t find the phrase “repent of their sins” or “repent of your sins” or “repent of our sins” in the Greek text of the New Testament. Remember that the Greek word translated “repent” means to change our mind, not our behavior. In Acts 3:19 Peter said,“Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins might be wiped out.” He was telling his listeners to change their mind about their need for a Savior and turn to God, who alone could blot out their sins.

All believers have habitual sin in their lives, because all believers still have a sin nature. Just because the believer's mind has been transformed, he/she still lives in that sinful body. That’s why when Jesus came, He died for all of our sins as Colossians 2:13-14 tells us, not just those we had committed before becoming a believer.

Becoming a real Christian will change our lives, but the Holy Spirit will determine how that change takes place. We can never be perfected while here on this planet, but the Holy Spirit is in each of us to compel us to do what is right and constrain us from doing what is wrong. Sadly, no genuine believer obeys all the time. So, there are times when we let our emotions and selfish desires quench the Spirit and we don't do what we should and do what we shouldn't.

Everyone who is a genuine believer knows they are, because we can see the changes in our life whether others can see them or not. Repentance is an ongoing process and should be reflected in the life of a believer as they mature and grow closer to God. And we also know our change will not be complete until the resurrection / rapture when we’re transformed from imperfect to perfect.

Have a wonderful day.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#617158 Jan 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Nice smile.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#617159 Jan 23, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you disrespected me?....
Rider has no respect for non-christiians.
He is a perfect "Christian": a liar, a moron and a lunatic.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#617160 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
While I haven't posted in a while, I have occasionally looked in and read. And what do I see? I see pretty much the same thing as I've been seeing for a while. So with that, I thought I would throw this into the ring. It may offer clarification to some, and to others, well it's probably just another window of opportunity to make light of and bash what the Bible says and teaches.....
ROFLMAO

You're late to the Christian Gang Bang.

Thank you for demonstrating why Christianity is a fraud.

Location hidden

#617161 Jan 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the 'other poster' he's referring to might be me.
I also think he comes here to "make friends" and "be liked", so assumes that is the case with everyone else, I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the actual friends I made here, because I do, but it has never been my intention or motivation, as for being liked by internet trolls, well, that is laughable.
I agree!

You do know we accomplished nothing last night. Right?
We only let our selves be pulled into the gutter w him..
And in doing so.. We gave him that fix he so desperately needs.

I have to learn to stop feeding the "animals".

“Love much, trust none”

There

#617162 Jan 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I don't believe you would hide your intelligence so completely for such a length of time.
OK

Thought you got into the catnip. LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#617163 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
While I haven't posted in a while, I have occasionally looked in and read. And what do I see? I see pretty much the same thing as I've been seeing for a while. So with that, I thought I would throw this into the ring. It may offer clarification to some, and to others, well it's probably just another window of opportunity to make light of and bash what the Bible says and teaches.
I have stated for years that not all of the Bible is written directly to all people; that those who read it must understand who the speaker is, who the audience is and what is being said to the specific audience. Now that doesn't mean that all cannot garner beneficial advice and information from what is being said to the intended audience. We can all learn from the experiences of others.
However, this post is not about that. It is about what being a genuine Christian (genuine believer is what I prefer) is all about. I do believe there is some confusion on this matter, but the Bible clearly states what one must do (in this present age) to be a true Christian/genuine believer. And I know that different people have different views. And that is the crux of the problem. The reason there are so many different views is that they are opinions of other people, and other people are not objective observers. Their observations are biased by their own sinfulness, and they can only observe behavior, not motive.
According to the Bible, genuine Christians are people who believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died to pay for their sins and rose again on the 3rd day as the Bible tells us in Romans 10:9-10. He did this to show that His death was the only thing sufficient to save us.
Then there is that lovely word repent whose meaning has been distorted. While many, probably most, people have the idea of repentance as changing the way one acts, the actual meaning of the word is to change the way one thinks. So trying to change the way one acts or behaves is much easier once one understands that without the mind changing, the rest of the body will never fully change. People say, "I'm sorry" all the time and a short while later they are acting like their old self doing the same things that they were "sorry" for again and again. This is not repentance for the mind hasn't changed.
You won’t find the phrase “repent of their sins” or “repent of your sins” or “repent of our sins” in the Greek text of the New Testament. Remember that the Greek word translated “repent” means to change our mind, not our behavior. In Acts 3:19 Peter said,“Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins might be wiped out.” He was telling his listeners to change their mind about their need for a Savior and turn to God, who alone could blot out their sins.
All believers have habitual sin in their lives, because all believers still have a sin nature. Just because the believer's mind has been transformed, he/she still lives in that sinful body. That’s why when Jesus came, He died for all of our sins as Colossians 2:13-14 tells us, not just those we had committed before becoming a believer.
Becoming a real Christian will change our lives, but the Holy Spirit will determine how that change takes place. We can never be perfected while here on this planet, but the Holy Spirit is in each of us to compel us to do what is right and constrain us from doing what is wrong. Sadly, no genuine believer obeys all the time. So, there are times when we let our emotions and selfish desires quench the Spirit and we don't do what we should and do what we shouldn't.
Everyone who is a genuine believer knows they are, because we can see the changes in our life whether others can see them or not. Repentance is an ongoing process and should be reflected in the life of a believer as they mature and grow closer to God..
**edited for space**....Drew....Great to see you... I agree " no genuine believer obeys all the time"

Location hidden

#617164 Jan 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was a compliment you and Luci.
Sorry you took it as an insult.
A "compliment" that was used as a spring board for more insults towards me.
Thanks.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#617166 Jan 23, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>iyai! writer...not "see" as with your natural eyes oy! I mean as defined. If your do not define the Almighty God with having these attributes---omnipotence, omniscient, omnipresent---all powerful, all knowing, all present. Then your definition CANNOT apply to The Almighty God.
Almighty God MUST possess those attributes. He Must. And if you don't believe the Almighty must have those attributes, you may as well be an atheist--which I think you are.
And if you see Jesus as having those attributes---then you would find it very easy to see why Thomas was left out the canon. Very easy. But it's very hard and difficult for you, because your definition of the Almighty lacks the attributes of all knowing all powerful all present.
You talking about me lying---you need to stop lying and deceiving to your>self<.
Oh - so nw you have the ability to define something that hasn't been made known to any human in over 3000 years, but you have "defined Him".

What makes you so special? Even over the Pope?

You should go and speak to your pastor about arrogance.

...and then you claim to know what is "difficult for me". WOW trifecta - please stop projecting your own insecurities.

Stick with not posting to me, you are much better off. It also eliminates you sticking your foot in your mouth.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#617167 Jan 23, 2014
*watches as trifecta struggles to correct himself*

Funny!!

#617168 Jan 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Rider has no respect for non-christiians.
He is a perfect "Christian": a liar, a moron and a lunatic.
You just cant be honest can you?

I have no respect for azzholes thats why you and me dont get along. If your a decent respectful human being we'll get along fine no matter what your beliefs are.
I prefer to think for myself and dont jump on bandwagons Nancy, get over it..........

#617169 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,

Everyone who is a genuine believer knows they are, because we can see the changes in our life whether others can see them or not. Repentance is an ongoing process and should be reflected in the life of a believer as they mature and grow closer to God. And we also know our change will not be complete until the resurrection / rapture when we’re transformed from imperfect to perfect.
Have a wonderful day.
Hey Drew, good ta see ya.........
Whose gonna win the Super Bowl?
Maybe next year its Carolinas turn..........

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#617170 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
Have a wonderful day.
Hey Drew. Amen.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#617171 Jan 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
No double standard. Huge difference between myself and most Christians:
I admit I only have opinions, Christians claim their opinions are "God's Truth".
I admit I fail in following Jesus' teachings, Christians find excuses not to do so.
I never claim to speak for Jesus or God. Christians claim God speaks through them.
I think for myself. Christians accept the doctrines of Churches.
I place Jesus words above Paul and 'Priests', Christians place Paul and 'Preists' above Jesus words.
I don't claim to represent Jesus or God. Christians claim to be the sole voice of God and Jesus.
I am willing to accept what ever punishment I deserve. Christians demand to be absolved of all crimes.
I am satisfied with my life and need no more. Christians demand an eternity of bliss.
I would take Jesus' place on the cross. Christians provide excuses not to.
I believe Jesus was just a human and admire him. Christians claim he is God and respect Paul more than him.
All based on the posts of many Christians here on this thread including your own,
Need I go on ?
Sorry Dar I knocked off early last night -- driving in a blizzard yesterday wore me out I guess.

Wow you really put some thought into your reply here -- and Oh Yeah I can see where we believe much differently from each other -- However the post you sent to Steve specifically paranthesied the word "WE" in representing Jesus and God and to be held accountable for standards not lived up too.

That is what brought me to ask you about all this in the first place --

But no you don't need to go on, you projected it pretty clear here. Thanks for even taking the time to reply. TLC - Judy

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#617172 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
they are acting like their old self doing the same things that they were "sorry" for again and again. This is not repentance for the mind hasn't changed.
Have a wonderful day.
well put, Drew, and thanks for chiming in!
there's just one thing that i'd like to challenge you to consider:

you said - "because all believers still have a sin nature"
i do not believe that the New Testament teaches us that born-again believers still have a sinnful nature and the Old Testament alluded that the Christ would come to deliver us from it! otherwise, what prey tell have we been born-again from?
i do agree that we still sin as believers, but it's not because of our spirit/nature. it's because we still reside in a physical body that's subject to the temptations of the flesh.

if we stiil had a sinnful nature, then God being Holy could not reside in us nor could we relate/fellowship with Him as we do as born-again believers. i.e., the Second Adam/Christ undid what the first adam did and through Him we have a new Nature created in the image of God:-)

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#617173 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
Have a wonderful day.
God Bless You

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#617174 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
However, this post is not about that. It is about what being a genuine Christian is all about. I do believe there is some confusion on this matter, but the Bible clearly states what one must do (in this present age) to be a true Christian/genuine believer. And I know that different people have different views. And that is the crux of the problem. The reason there are so many different views is that they are opinions of other people, and other people are not objective observers. Their observations are biased by their own sinfulness, and they can only observe behavior, not motive.
All believers have habitual sin in their lives, because all believers still have a sin nature. Just because the believer's mind has been transformed, he/she still lives in that sinful body. That’s why when Jesus came, He died for all of our sins as Colossians 2:13-14 tells us, not just those we had commited before becoming a believer.
Have a wonderful day.
Relationship ...Individual ...Personal ...Hey Drew ...

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#617175 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
Hello all,
While I haven't posted in a while, I have occasionaly looked in and read. And what do I see? I see pretty much the same thing as I've been seeing for a while. So with that, I thought I would throw this into the ring. It may offer clarification to some, and to others, well it's probably just another window of opportunity to make light of and bash what the Bible says and teaches.
Have a wonderful day.
Individual/Personal

Albuquerque, NM

#617176 Jan 23, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<<snipped to respond>>

Have a wonderful day.
Self.

Thanks for proving my point.

"Becoming a real Christian will change our lives, but the Holy Spirit will determine how that change takes place. We can never be perfected while here on this planet, but the Holy Spirit is in each of us to compel us to do what is right and constrain us from doing what is wrong. "

It will? when did the HS determine the change in you?

I asked another these types of questions, please answer them.....

- How is it that you know the HS is within you?
- What symptons or characteristics did you experience when the HS "possessed" you?
- Did you have a witness to this spiritual envelopment?
- How do you know it is still within you?
- Does it talk to you? How?
- Why do you need a catalyst (HS) to believe in "God"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Dust Storm 543,387
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Attention 228,046
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Ano 741,179
Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat On More Meat (Apr '06) 20 min Go Blue Forever 39
Dom/Sub curious? (Jun '13) 23 min SweetGirl 21
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 26 min Now what 163
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min Chris Clearwater 173,928
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 259,795

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••