Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#617280 Jan 24, 2014
Uganda Police wrote:
<quoted text>At first, the message from Christianity was clear and Godly, but somehow it kept being watered down. It is unfortunate, but true, that Christianity must carry some blame for not sticking to the best strategy. I must also blame all the secular organizations that tried to compete with Christianity in providing education and other resources. When you have a well informed populace, they inevitably start thinking for themselves. We can't think like God. It is a mistake to trust our thinking when we have such a better mind to obey.

Many Christians and other heterosexuals have contracted this disease now. We must put the mistakes of the past aside and get serious.
I agree.

pmsl

I find you to be more acceptable than your, erm, "uncle".

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#617281 Jan 24, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
N O
Paul meeting Jesus on the path is what makes hima diligent preacher of the gospel.
By the same reasoning, Jesus and Satan meeting in the desert make Satan a diligent preacher of the gospel.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617282 Jan 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Truths, this was your post to me, after I posed the questions a second time, but I am not seeing any responses to them.
Wanna try again? This time, think about the question, and then respond in honesty.
They really aren't very hard if you are truthful and honest with yourself. You can do this, correct?
How do you know the HS is in you?
What makes you think that it is - as you seem certain of it? A good feeling here and there doesn't really qualify, because I thousands of them everyday, and not once has any HS physically came to me, showed itself to me, to explain that "I have the HS within me"?
How is it that you have this ability and I do not?
If there are "spirits", how would one know if one is filled with a clean or unclean spirit ?
According to Christianity, even the devil can appear as an angel of God.

I don't believe in spirits but I must confess that many Christians seem to provide evidence of the 'devil appearing as an angel of God'.

"I am filled with a spirit and am the only true voice of God." - Christians and "the devil"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617283 Jan 24, 2014
Do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, considering there are more writings by "Paul" than there are Jesus, and you deem it prone to quote "Paul" over Jesus?
What did Jesus have to say about what "Paul" said above?
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand - "Paul" had his own gospel, he says so himself.
So back to the questions....
Do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, considering there are more writings by "Paul" than there are Jesus, and you deem it prone to quote "Paul" over Jesus?
- you answered "No", but then you stopped without answering the second part of the question.....
What did Jesus have to say about what "Paul" said?
Once you answer this, then maybe you can figure out why there is so much more of "Paul's gospel" in the Bible than there is of Jesus'.
Ah! There's the fly in the ointment!

I would have no problem if Christians admitted they follow Paul's teaching and 'Paul's' Roman Church doctrines, not Jesus'.

When they remove Paul's letters from the Bible I will believe they follow Jesus.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617284 Jan 24, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to address the following ...<quoted text>I agree with every word of the above LIT, and that is why I so strongly argue that a belief in a higher power must be a one-on-one personal endeavor. Too many like to think they understand, but when the bell tolls ...only then will we understand that our complacency will oppose us.
I agree.

IMHO most just accept the teachings of the Church and Preachers as their higher power.

How many research and study the Bible and come up with opinions that differ from the ststus quo ?

How many believe Paul is the only spokesperson for God simply because they were told so ?
How many say "Yes, Paul had some good opinions but I disagree with him on several points" ?

Rarely happens, they simply believe what priests, Popes and preachers have said is "The Truth" and never question it.

IMHO, most Christians do not believe in Jesus, they believe in the doctrines of men.
Even Jesus (quoting Isaiah) said this of the religious people of his own time:

"But in vain they do worship God, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 5:9

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617285 Jan 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I understand - you believe visions/dreams as truth by someone who has admitted that some of his letters are forgeries?
I had a dream about a UFO. Does that make me believe aliens were our creators?
Same logic, except my dream is what I had. You believe a man's dream that supposedly occurred 2000 years ago.
You logic is skewed.
"I gave a ride to Jesus hitchhiking on the Bethlehem Pike. Nice guy.
I asked him what is the meaning of life and "Love" is all he said." - The Gospel of Duane

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#617286 Jan 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Incorrect - I ask the questions that so-called "Christians" refuse to acknowledge as a qualifier for their belief.
Yes waaasssuuup - you haven't answer the question either.....so your comment isn't accurate.
LOL! i'm glad that my comments aren't new age-accurate;-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617287 Jan 24, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the moment when I fully understood what Jesus had done and how I, no matter how hard I tried, could even come close to doing what He did......
You wouldn't give your life to save mankind ?

Sad that.

If Mark and Matthew are true accounts then I would willing be crucified alongside Jesus.

If Paul and John's accounts are true then I would drive the nails into His wrists myself.

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#617288 Jan 24, 2014
Uganda Police wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the compliments. Your light touches my dark places also.
Really he stopped using camels because they spit a lot and there was a concern about the spit being dangerous. Plus camels are a little more expensive. He only had three sheep last time I visited. He's still small time right now, but our government is waking up. I'm sure he will get the funding needed.
We'll have to build many prisons if we cannot cure this gay epidemic. I feel like I might be getting a little gay from being in America already. I am anxious to return to my duties. I can't wait to get back home so I can bend some homosexuals over the hood of my police car and put them in cuffs. We are told to give a very thorough pat down to check for weapons, because gays are very sneaky. If a man thinks he can hide his weapon from me, he will find out that he is mistaken.
I hope you do not let female officers pat down males..
Deuteronomy 25:11-12
If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617289 Jan 24, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Paul was blinded BY Jesus on the road to Damascus,....
Please post where Paul ever wrote such a thing ?

All Paul writes is that he learned by a direct revelation of Jesus, just like you claim.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617290 Jan 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
What do you Christians mean by "testimony"?
" What I was told by my church/parents/preacher/cult leader/etc. "

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#617291 Jan 24, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you do not let female officers pat down males..
If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
What a lovely(?):/ passage.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617292 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right Larry, it's more truthful to outright state he has sh!t for brains.
Thanks for that.
I like Skom. I like that we can discuss and disagree without all the lies and insults.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#617293 Jan 24, 2014
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there waaasssuuup.
The sin nature referred to is the body in which we live. This holds us back. When God saves us, He quickens our spirit, but our soul still resides in a body which is forever corrupt. God, the Father cannot look upon sin. That is why when He looks at us, He doesn't see our sin because it has been blotted out by Jesus' blood. Moreover, at the rapture/resurrection we will receive our new incorrupt bodies.
When we read Paul's writings, we see that he is addressing the problems of the church and their behavior. He is instructing these believers in what they should be doing and admonishing them for what they are doing.
hello Drew!

you initially said that "believers still have a sinnful nature", to which i said "oh no we don't".

now you say "He quickens our spirit...", to which i say a 'quickened spirit' is a regenerated spirit and a regenerated spirit is no longer a "sinful spirit/nature"!

"God IS SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth" jn 1

concerning the soul, you said "but our soul still resides in a body which is forever corrupt".

to this i say, our soul needs to be renewed continuously by the washing of the pure milk of the Word, but it will not be forever corrupt, because born-again believers will forever be holy with our God who is holy!

"those who are washed are clean, but need only to have their feet washed" Jesus

humble yourself and receive it, brother, that's how we grow!:-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617294 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not defending him but I bet you won't say the same thing to Deb.
I am a 'snake'. I admit it. That makes me honest. Something Larry and others can;t grasp. They are "Perfected by Christ" or some other delusion to convince themselves they are better than everyone else.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#617295 Jan 24, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post where Paul ever wrote such a thing ?
All Paul writes is that he learned by a direct revelation of Jesus, just like you claim.
In ACTS Luke wrote about Paul's encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus. And Paul verified it.

You love playing silly little games. You discount the need for a savior. you mock others and the gospel.

May God have mercy on your soul.
Uganda Police

United States

#617296 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
pmsl
I find you to be more acceptable than your, erm, "uncle".
My aunt does too.

Can you keep a secret? She's not really sick. She's been faking it. She doesn't fake anything with me though.

Shhhh! I think it might be illegal so please don't tell anyone in Uganda. We're both consenting adults so I don't see what the problem is.
Uganda Police

United States

#617297 Jan 24, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do not let female officers pat down males..
Thank you so much! I had no idea. I'm relatively new to Christianity and haven't gotten around to reading the Bible yet. I might have to stop at Home Depot and pick up some large bypass or anvil pruners before I go home.
Uganda Police

United States

#617298 Jan 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hello Drew!
you initially said that "believers still have a sinnful nature", to which i said "oh no we don't".
now you say "He quickens our spirit...", to which i say a 'quickened spirit' is a regenerated spirit and a regenerated spirit is no longer a "sinful spirit/nature"!
"God IS SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth" jn 1
concerning the soul, you said "but our soul still resides in a body which is forever corrupt".
to this i say, our soul needs to be renewed continuously by the washing of the pure milk of the Word, but it will not be forever corrupt, because born-again believers will forever be holy with our God who is holy!
"those who are washed are clean, but need only to have their feet washed" Jesus
humble yourself and receive it, brother, that's how we grow!:-)
That's what I'm talking about.

My spiritual girth grows and grows when I receive it. How often do you receive it? I can't go more than a few days without it before I'm on my knees begging for what I need. It's all about being humble and letting the hand of God touch you in all the right places.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#617299 Jan 24, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hear me, all of you, and understand: There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.” And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. And he said to them,“Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”(Thus he declared all foods clean.) And he said,“What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person."(Mark 7:14-23)....
It is not those things we accumulate in life but rather the good works that live on long after we are gone that should be our legacy.

That's my take on it anyway. No Holy Spirit to back me up, just makes sense to me. I could be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Lonestar 93,075
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Richardfs 979,549
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min kent 668,095
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 21 min USA-1 39,226
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford 286,116
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Sky Writer 31 183,699
--- Pres TRUMP 100% Match to ANTICHRIST, TRIB --- 3 hr Haha 2
More from around the web