Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#616795 Jan 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you will adore each other for years to come. Dam! I miss my fuzzy buddies.
Hi?
Bozo?

tell me ,who cares your BS and their dead stinking dogs???

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#616796 Jan 21, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not accusing him of anything that has not been discussed right in front of him (((((Hick))))))
Typical deceitful cop out.

So you would falsely accuse him to his face, well, over the Internet, and that makes it "right" in your warped mind?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#616797 Jan 21, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
I don't know if this will mean anything to anyone posting here
The Two Wolves Within
An old Grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice...
"Let me tell you a story. I too, at times, have felt great hate for those who have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do. But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It's like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die."
"I have struggled with these feelings many times. It is as if there are two wolves inside me; one is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way.
But...the other wolf... ah! The littlest thing will send him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all of the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger, for his anger will change nothing."
"Sometimes it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."
The boy looked intently into his Grandfather's eyes and asked, "Which one wins, Grandfather?"
The Grandfather smiled and quietly said, "The one I feed."
retarded mentaly fables are good to tell after dinner for mentaly retarded sick creatures before taking meds and night time sleep
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#616798 Jan 21, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
She's lying.
"Micah" never said anything even close to the sewage Doc vomits out.
are you Micah, and knows what a BS sewage you post

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#616799 Jan 21, 2014
Annaleigh wrote:
I don't know if this will mean anything to anyone posting here
The Two Wolves Within
An old Grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice...
"Let me tell you a story. I too, at times, have felt great hate for those who have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do. But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It's like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die."
"I have struggled with these feelings many times. It is as if there are two wolves inside me; one is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way.
But...the other wolf... ah! The littlest thing will send him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all of the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger, for his anger will change nothing."
"Sometimes it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."
The boy looked intently into his Grandfather's eyes and asked, "Which one wins, Grandfather?"
The Grandfather smiled and quietly said, "The one I feed."
I have read that story many times.

I think...maybe...will have to think about it...

At times I wonder...can at times the wolves look so similar that you fail to recognize them...they begin to look alike...can not tell them apart?

I read this somewhere...

We all have many facets as to who we are...many different sides to our beings...

When we try to deny one of those facets...we become out of balance. The key to keeping them in balance is to acknowledge them...let each have their space...because they all have a purpose.

It is up to us which facet of ourselves that we show on a daily basis.

I am not sure that I made sense...maybe you will get it.

We all have that "wolf" that rears its ugly head...do you think it is possible to starve it to death...or should we just control his feeding times?

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#616800 Jan 21, 2014
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
retarded mentaly fables are good to tell after dinner for mentaly retarded sick creatures before taking meds and night time sleep
thank you for taking the time to read my post. Many blessings in your day my friend.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#616802 Jan 21, 2014
“The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#616804 Jan 21, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
At times I wonder...can at times the wolves look so similar that you fail to recognize them...they begin to look alike...can not tell them apart?
I read this somewhere...
We all have many facets as to who we are...many different sides to our beings...
When we try to deny one of those facets...we become out of balance. The key to keeping them in balance is to acknowledge them...let each have their space...because they all have a purpose.
We all have that "wolf" that rears its ugly head...do you think it is possible to starve it to death...or should we just control his feeding times?
The dog and wolf are the same species. The difference is one of breading and training. It is much easier for a dog to become wild again than for a wolf to become domesticated.
It seems we humans aren't much different.

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#616805 Jan 21, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read this somewhere...
Yes it makes sense Annie. You always express yourself well in what you write..
That is a good question, to feed it or not.
I think controlling its feeding time is the best we can do here in this life. Those of good heart and mind learn great lessons just after it is fed. Perhaps if he was starved to death, we would achieve perfection? I don’t think we can achieve that, here in this life, we would stop learning wouldn't we?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#616806 Jan 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know, I like Thomas. It requires thought and generates thought. That is anathema to organized religion.
I totally agree.

Albuquerque, NM

#616807 Jan 21, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy 'talking" with you- honored to be posting back and forth with peacefl minds.
Good choice (c:
Thanks.
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>I have to start dinner in a moment- also the first play prctice for a play I have a tiny part in
( I was to chicken to read for a part so I get to be a spirit and a sailor).
Okay - enjoy.
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>so my PM will have to wait until later or tomorrow- BUT I do want to answer a part of this post while I am here-
Great.
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>The KINGDOM with in - IS when we have accepted The Holy Spirit into our hearts- That is when we start to line up our lives with what God has asked of us.
More later-
How do you know the HS is within you? What is the symptom or sign that shows it is?

You need a catalyst to believe in a god? Why?

Albuquerque, NM

#616808 Jan 21, 2014
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text> believe it goes a little deeper than which texts are inspired and which are not. When it came to gnosticism... and I already understand that there was Jewish and pagan gnosticism before there was Christian gnosticism... but when it comes to Christian gnosis... to say that the Hebrew God of the Old Testament was actually a lesser god, that there are gods and goddesses above Him and that the God of the Old Testament was the devil (the demiurge)... it is a given that it is a heresy. Simon Magus, the sorcerer, is in some cases thought to be the father of Christian gnosticism as he mixed platoism, sorcery and christianity into one belief. That's the basis of why many of the gnostics texts were thrown out. Some will say that there are gnostic books still in the Bible but John and Paul was always coming against them.
Anyways, I said too much... but just like you don't put stock into what is written in the scriptures... I don't put stock into Tabor. When did you first hear of him?
So you don't know where "God" stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.

I understand, I can't find anything either, thus the answer to this mystery is that only men made this decision.

Why do you believe fallible men did this? You know chose for you, what you are to believe?

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#616809 Jan 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He stood between the crowd and the condemned woman and said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
Am I the only one who reads the Bible ?
I just couldn't off the top of my head think of one, and you are so right --
I've never said you weren't smarter than me "wink"

GOoD night all in all been a GOoD day in here --

TLC - Judy

Albuquerque, NM

#616810 Jan 21, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Again, your mental position is a fallacy.
A fallacy is an argument that uses poor reasoning. An argument can be fallacious whether or not its conclusion is true. A fallacy can be either formal or informal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy
If your opinion, of my position "is a fallacy", how is it that your position is not?

You've yet to provide any academic support for your conclusion or my stance is incorrect.

How 'bout you start with doing that, instead of some opinion of the already interpreted texts?

Facts:
- "God" cannot be proven to exist or not
- no god has ever been proven to exist or not
- if there was a "God", no where in any known text has "God" stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not - only men have done this.
- The Bible was written by fallible me. "ALL men fall short of the glory of God." Even the men who wrote the Bible
- the Bible only uses less than half of the original Apostles.
- The Bible uses more of "Paul's gospel" than of Jesus.
- Christianity uses only a portion of what Jesus taught.

These are just some of the facts....

What about your facts to support your conclusion. Please present them.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You reason that Yahweh God >is not< all knowing all present all powerful. That to me is a fallacious thinking because in order to be >God<, those three qualities must be present. That what I mean when I say your mental argument pertaining to God is a Fallacy.
How is it that you know the inner workings of "God" - or in truth and honesty - you are just making a speculation upon "His" characteristics.

I don't believe you are telling me the truth.

Please provide your citation.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because since God is all powerful---it would not be no problem for God to influence what God made >Mankind<, willing writers seeking God to write what God wanted mankind to record for God's Word. An all powerful God would not have any problem influencing church historians/bishops praying and seeking God in the first century to include in the Canon what books God wanted in the Canon.
How is it that you know the inner workings of "God" - or in truth and honesty - you are just making a speculation upon "His" characteristics.

I don't believe you are telling me the truth.

Please provide your citation.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>And you do not believe God can do that---because you not think God is omnipotent omniscient or omnipresent.
Correct.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That your problem. I can't answer you questions if you don't believe God is all three of those. If you leave any one of those three qualities, then that is not God, you may as well be an atheist.
No, actually you can answer my questions, you just refuse to do so, because those questions cause your belief to be null.

That sir, is avoidance and diversion. Why are you afraid to face the facts of your belief? Do you like living in a man-made world?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I never write the bible was simple. I write the attributes of God is simple. Omnipotent. Omniscient. Omnipresent. All knowing. All powerful. All Present. Simple. Any one of those attributes missing, that not >THE< God.
And if you believe God possess all of those qualities, then you would not find it so hard to figure out that God's Will influenced mankind praying about such issues to not put books in the canon God did not want in the canon.
<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

#616811 Jan 21, 2014
<<continued>>

Why does "God" allow children to freeze to death on Christmas Day?
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/archive/NAT...

Sounds to me, your logic failed in all regards. Unless you now agree that either:

"God" knew about this child and chose not to rescue her.
--OR--
"God" didn't know about the little girl, thus he is not omnipresent or omniscient.
--OR--
"God" has not control over the actions of this world.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You write as if mankind cannot know God. That's is >your< unbelief at work. And unbelief is no ones problem, except yours. No one can make you believe writer.
I didn't write anything of the sort. If you don't know what I am posting, my suggestion to you is research it or ask another clarifying question. But don't think you know what I write and why I do. You are being presumptuous if you think you do.

But you do continue to promote the actions of Self.

...and you still reject it in the same breath.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Christians believe you seek God, God will be found and God will make His Will known. You not believe that. Your sin is Unbelief. The sin that made Jesus the most angry.
...and now I "sin". Really trifecta? You think you know me in such an intimate way? Your arrogance is noted.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#616812 Jan 21, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I just couldn't off the top of my head think of one, and you are so right --
I've never said you weren't smarter than me "wink"
GOoD night all in all been a GOoD day in here --
TLC - Judy
In this respect, I am not smarter. I just seem to have studied more. <smile>

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#616813 Jan 21, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a German Shepherd, and he's one big azzed dog. He's only 2 years old, and weighs 100 lbs already. He's one powerful dog. If he gets any stronger, he'll be dragging me anywhere he wants to go.
Cute, they have so much energy at that age. Like full-grown puppies.

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#616814 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he engage in stalker behaviour often? I never pay much attention to that one, must've missed it. He seems awfully interested in my private life though.
Don't kid yourself, I have no interest in you private or otherwise. It's just that you have so many faces, I never know which one is speaking.

Deny, twist, lie all you want ...we both know what tales you told on FB. And please, bring forward the private conversations you claim to have ...that should be good for a laugh. Maybe you can get your cyber boyfriend to help. Perhaps you can even enlist the aid of the butch from SA. And don't forget Seen ...surely you can find something for him to do.

Lucy, Duane, Rosa, and Seen ...a class act.

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#616815 Jan 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The dog and wolf are the same species. The difference is one of breading and training. It is much easier for a dog to become wild again than for a wolf to become domesticated.
It seems we humans aren't much different.
I could believe it, the way dogs howl. The most wolf-like species are the Siberian Huskies.

The only difference is that dogs came to our ancestors' campfires millennia ago. Then they transferred that devotion to a human pack leader, if well trained.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#616816 Jan 21, 2014
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how something of this nature can cause one to feel justified because of the belief it's really not real -- it's just for fun -- I really don't believe in it - Yet it really fit right into my day --
It's an interesting subject Deb -- so to read just one horoscope is o;k and can viewed as a msg sent from God but not to read them everyday and see how your life revolves around them -- then that would be wrong ?
I'm really smiling here -- no animosity Sister -- just shaking head at the concept --
TLC - Judy
I understand what you are saying- The bible says to stay away from sorcery and such things. I don't believe the 'horoscopes' are accurate and from a real sorcerer- But I still believe that God can make them accurate to someones day. I don't seek them out and read them each day- or plan my day around secret messages from the cosmos- I simply recognise God winks.
I also watch and LOVE the Wizard of Oz series of books and movie...and have watched Harry Potter movies- though many Christians say it is not right due to Baum being anti God and that the author of Harry writing about sorcery. It's called fantasy (((((Judy))))))- Just recreation...much like FB games, a game of cards or monopoly..... or dancing or rock music.... or 24- I like Santa- and celebrating Valentines day and even the Easter bunny decorations- even though THEY are of the world.
I don't worship anything but God- and nothing comes before Him in my life.
God has blessed me with so very much- and I keep my eye on His version and His promptings to keep me on His path.
Whew-
I hope this helps put your heart at ease- and the subject to rest.

Happy dreams (c:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 853,836
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Tony17 595,909
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 100,727
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Lbj 771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,114
Homosexuals are the REAL reason God DESTROYED S... 1 hr Burke Devlin 80
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 2,630
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Burke Devlin 444,119
More from around the web