Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#616846 Jan 22, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a Husky also...They are very "Vocal"....She talks to me all the time....
LOL
I've had Border Collies could say more with their eyebrows than many people can all day.

Hi, Epi!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#616847 Jan 22, 2014
Truths wrote:
For inquiring minds- Micah ( I always blamed the meds he was onand his pain level) he called Judy (and a few of us) the C word- people told him about it and asked him to apologize- because Judy did not deserve that kind of treatment and he knew that she didn't deserve it. Judy left the thread after a week or so of posting to Micah that he hurt her. I don't recall if Judy had come back and THAT is when he posted that it SHOULD happen to her- or if it was when we all were still asking him if he was alright and asking him to apologize. I am sure that Judy remembers this incident -because she was still talking about it many months later.
He called her a "c___" ?

Damn, that is much worse than spending weeks telling someone you fantasize about raping and murdering them. <face palm>

In all fairness, many women here are "B____s" and "C___s" at times. and I have said so, too.
I am a prick, asshole and fuckweasel often. I am honest enough to admit it.

I don't see the connection except that constant vile behavior by a Christian is acceptable to some while those same people whine about a spat of name calling by a non-Christian..

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#616848 Jan 22, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning....
An Artic cold front blew here last night...Brrrrr
“Improvement makes strait roads,but the crooked roads without Improvement,are roads of Genius.”
~ William Blake
Thought for the day
-2 here this a.m.- weird when you think that THAT means 34 degrees BELOW freezing.

Have to ponder that saying-

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616849 Jan 22, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
WOW
I thought I'd seen it all on Topix
If Epi is a "two-faced bitch" then what does that make others?
And G for the record I also thought you had said you sere a professor. In fact even when you posted the documents I thought that was to prove it.....
I posted my credentials over allegations by RA that I never even attended college. I have called myself a university trained Historian, Anthropologist and Educator because those are the Degrees I hold. I never claimed to be a college professor until I was hired as one last year.
I understand the confusion. I don't understand why no one wants to hear the correction.

I also posted my State teaching certificate because RA kept saying I was not a teacher ("Another day off for the children?" - RA). That document proves I am a certified High School teacher which should have confirmed that I was a H.S. Teacher, NOT a college professor at the time.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#616850 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor jealous loner.
All you have done since your return is bash Luci and mine relationship.
Go get laid. It is the only thing you value according own your own posts.
Former relationship.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#616851 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He called her a "c___" ?
Damn, that is much worse than spending weeks telling someone you fantasize about raping and murdering them. <face palm>
In all fairness, many women here are "B____s" and "C___s" at times. and I have said so, too.
I am a prick, asshole and fuckweasel often. I am honest enough to admit it.
I don't see the connection except that constant vile behavior by a Christian is acceptable to some while those same people whine about a spat of name calling by a non-Christian..
Non of it is okay- nor good...in fact - once admitting that we know better- it is sad to see a person resort to it again.. Why not use polite society terms instead ?
Like... admitting that someone touched a nerve and admitting that it hurts ?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#616852 Jan 22, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Hick- I never held any of his moods against him- I still don't.
I am simply stating what went on- Just like Epi did in her situation-
She was not 'the bad guy' for posting what she read.
I tried to understand and to help Micah to see that he needed a bit more self control-Micah and I emailed back and forth about comon normal stuff and his illness.
What she posted was dishonest and she wouldn't admit it. I also happen to know some of her thoughts on the person she was being dishonest about but hey, it's fine for your christian buddies to lie about anything they like, right?

I'm done with this, you people make me sick.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616853 Jan 22, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
WOW
I thought I'd seen it all on Topix
If Epi is a "two-faced bitch" then what does that make others?
And G for the record I also thought you had said you sere a professor. In fact even when you posted the documents I thought that was to prove it. I had no idea until later that you didn't actually become one until after you first started posting . I don't understand what I'm missing as far as why the misunderstanding is causing all this hostility. I am telling you what I thought not to side against you but rather to demonstrate someone could have thought that and would have no malicious intention for thinking so
I don't know if this was about a question of credibility? I really haven't followed. And I saw the two people j expected to jump in and fan the flames of course did so
But in general I think maybe everybody should take a look in the mirror. Whatever someone thinks Epi did or didn't do she has been one of the few people on Topic that has tried consistently to treat people better than most and to treat people better than they treat her
I am still pages behind but I really hope when I catch up I see something better than what I have seen up to this point. We all have our faults. But the day Epi deserves to bd called a 2-faced bitch is the day this place has finished circling the bowl and been flushed
This is just sad
My God, if ever the verse of throw the first stone applied it would be here. Maybe someone that has done a much better job than most at forgiving and giving the benefit of the doubt and showing love is due some of the same consideration
My problem isn't so much with Epi, it is with the entirety of Christendom refusing to "patrol its own ranks" so to speak. They turn a blind eye to the behavior of fellow (alleged) Christians while attacking non-believer for lesser offenses.

Yes, the non-believers do it too but they represent only themselves, not God. As representatives of Jesus and God, we (yes WE) should be held to a higher standard and accept the criticism when we do not live up to those standards.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#616854 Jan 22, 2014
Proverbs 19:9

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

Don't go telling people how to live until you follow your own man made rules that allegedly come from your god, or a hallucination from a guy talking to a burning tree.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616855 Jan 22, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Former relationship.
Nothing ends, it just changes.
I will always hold you in my heart.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616856 Jan 22, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Non of it is okay- nor good...in fact - once admitting that we know better- it is sad to see a person resort to it again.. Why not use polite society terms instead ?
Like instead of saying, "B___!" say something like, "And the cat chases another squirrel." <smile>
Mr Mister

Dawsonville, GA

#616857 Jan 22, 2014
Jesus doesn't choose to love you, He loves you unconditionally. We all sin 1000's of times a day. The great thing is, he forgives us for un-intentional sins. GOD IS AWESOME!

I can't wait to die, and meet him
Just Wondering wrote:
I'm human and without thinking, I probably sin once or twice a day. One of my worst is impatience. Another is gossip. Let's face it, we all gossip and sometimes don't even realize we're doing it, like "did you hear about so and so whos name is in the paper" and that's after it's been passed along nine or ten times. Another is envy, especially when I hear of someone who has won the lottery and I think "Why them instead of me?" Laziness is another. I find myself picking up the tv remote instead of picking up the Bible and searching for the answer to a question that is bothering me and asking for guidance. I could go on and on but in my heart, Jesus and God are very important to me and I feel that I am loved in spite of the fact that I have to apologize to Him every day, sometimes more than once even though I feel in my heart that I don't deserve the love and peace that follow. Anyhow, JMHO. Blessings to all, I for one am going to work on those that I have mentioned and hopefully be a better person for it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616858 Jan 22, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Proverbs 19:9
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Don't go telling people how to live until you follow your own man made rules that allegedly come from your god, or a hallucination from a guy talking to a burning tree.
Agreed.

" Don't tell me how live, Show me! "

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#616859 Jan 22, 2014
It is early in the morning...
The day is just begun...

You can either search for the diamonds in the sand or those that lie on a snow covered mountain.

Or you can make the choice to pick up a few lumps of coal.

Now those of you that have used coal to heat with or remember your grandparents using it as I do also know that...

Picking up coal can cover you with a layer of grey and unpleasant dust.

I remember many years ago my first visit to a coal mining town. I went with a college roommate that had to return home to pick up some things.

As we got within 10 miles of where she grew up I noticed that the sky had changed...it had taken on a grey tone. The closer that we got I began to notice more...the blanket of grey that covered the trees...the homes...the ground. As we entered town there was one sight that I won't forget...the people sitting on the porches...had that same grey cast to their skin.

It was bleak...my jovial mood that I had when we first started our trip shifted...shifted in to a world of grey.

No harshness intended...no pointing fingers at any one person...it is just the thoughts that came to mind. I felt that same greyness as I read through the posts that I had experienced so many years ago.

The coal that we gather when the day is just beginning...seems to stay with us throughout the day...then again...so do the diamonds if that is what we search for.

When I think of diamonds...I envision crystal chandeliers...the way that the crystals pick up the light and their facets scatter it throughout the room...it is as if light is dancing.

Which brings to mind...the sunlight filtering through the leaves...a gentle breeze...and watching as they come together to dance upon the stage beneath.

To me...those are those moments...those gifts of grace...when I take the time to notice.

Oh well...

Epi...we are going to walk...walk...walk...we will feel better afterwards...at least that is what I keep telling myself! LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#616860 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem isn't so much with Epi, it is with the entirety of Christendom refusing to "patrol its own ranks" so to speak. They turn a blind eye to the behavior of fellow (alleged) Christians while attacking non-believer for lesser offenses.
Yes, the non-believers do it too but they represent only themselves, not God. As representatives of Jesus and God, we (yes WE) should be held to a higher standard and accept the criticism when we do not live up to those standards.
I think most people...maybe all of us...have an easier time recognizing when others don't live up to those standards...easier than seeing it in ourselves.

I think the problem lies in...standards are...oh darn...can't think of the word that I want to use...you know...the word that means...we all set our own...based upon what we interpret them to be.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#616861 Jan 22, 2014
Does anyone remember that commercial..."wash away the grey"?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#616862 Jan 22, 2014
I no have to provide any academic support for my conclusions.That would mean I'm trying to prove something to you--which I'm not trying to do. We simply having a discussion about philosophy. so lets look at your so called "facts"

-The only proof someone needs that God exist is their own personal proof. Proving to you God exist is not the job of anybody or anyone. That is >your< job.

-"Inspired" when talking about the bible is really mostly talking about the prophetic regions of the bible. Surely those would have to be inspired by God. Regions of the bible like the first 2 or 3 chapters of Genesis, parts of Daniel, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and other prophetic books. Paul writing of many of his letters was inspired. But at least half the bible is history. The history of Israel, wars, the life of Jesus, etc, etc. So not all of the bible needs inspiration---most of it is just plain old history. Now you no have to believe the history in the bible if you no want to, but it still history.

-If you don't believe God can inspire mankind, then that what you believe. Christianity disagrees.

-Yes the men who write the bible not perfect, but God is. And God can and did use what God made, certain people of mankind, to write down what God wanted all of mankind to know. To you that seems hard for God to do. To me that is simple and easy for God. God made man. A man seeking and praying after God is not hard for God to inspire him or her to do what God wants.

- Obviously God only wanted the writings of only certain apostles to be in the Canon.

-God inspired Paul to write those letters to the NT churches just like God inspired David or Moses or Ezekiel to write. Paul is no different than any other author God use in the bible.

-Christianity only needs the Canonized bible. And obviously the bible in its' current state has served Christianity very well with Christianity having billions of followers and is projected to be even bigger than Islam.
[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader"]<quoted text>
If your opinion, of my position "is a fallacy", how is it that your position is not?
You've yet to provide any academic support for your conclusion or my stance is incorrect.
How 'bout you start with doing that, instead of some opinion of the already interpreted texts?
Facts:
- "God" cannot be proven to exist or not
- no god has ever been proven to exist or not
- if there was a "God", no where in any known text has "God" stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not - only men have done this.
- The Bible was written by fallible me. "ALL men fall short of the glory of God." Even the men who wrote the Bible
- the Bible only uses less than half of the original Apostles.
- The Bible uses more of "Paul's gospel" than of Jesus.
- Christianity uses only a portion of what Jesus taught.
These are just some of the facts....
What about your facts to
Please provide your citation.
Correct
No, actually you can answer my questions, you just refuse to do so, because those questions cause your belief to be null.
That sir, is avoidance and diversion. Why are you afraid to face the facts of your belief? Do you like living in a man-made world?
<quoted text>
<<continued>>
Well I can't answer you questions because simply you want me to assume the impossible.

That like you telling the Queen of England if she answer your questions criticizing the monarchy it will make her belief that she is the Queen of England void oy!lol!.

I believe, and know Yahweh God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent. All powerful, all knowing, all present. And God can be known and revealed to people. I know this.

So now you asking me if I answer your questions suddenly I will not know those truths about >my< belief and faith is laughable writer.

For me to answer your questions you're asking me to not know what I know. That is impossible. You can believe I don't know those things about God. But those are your beliefs. I not responsible for your beliefs.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#616863 Jan 22, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
-2 here this a.m.- weird when you think that THAT means 34 degrees BELOW freezing.
Have to ponder that saying-
Ponder this:-42° is the only temperature at which one doesn't have to specify Fahrenheit or Celsius scale.

Unless, of course, you're thinking in Kelvin.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#616864 Jan 22, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>Non of it is okay- nor good...in fact - once admitting that we know better- it is sad to see a person resort to it again.. Why not use polite society terms instead ?
Sure Deb, let's share feelings to provide more fodder and gossip for you and your vultures to pick at, with malicious intent.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#616865 Jan 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.

" Don't tell me how live, Show me! "
That's not what I meant and if I ever wish to be shown how to live, I won't be looking at religious lunatics, liars and morons.

Getting away from them all was hands down, the best decision I have ever made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 93,302
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 668,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min WildWeirdWillie 183,781
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 286,241
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 979,605
American Soldiers Rock 2 (Mar '08) 3 hr USA-1 34,334
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 hr USA-1 39,228
More from around the web