Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#616655 Jan 21, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>You'll make someone a fine wife someday..........
Translation: "I got nothing but just have to speak to you, even if it's just to attempt an insult.........."

As far as attempted offence goes, you score pretty low, saying that to someone who doesn't think much of marriage anymore and would only agree to it if the idea came from a real man in possession of a highly functioning brain.

If it was an attempt at humour, you might score a little higher.

Let me know.

Location hidden

#616656 Jan 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>He thinks by pretending not to be a Christian it gives him more credibility.
Sadly, his Christianity gives him away to be a fraud.

"Sheep in wolf's clothing" is a common Christian tactic.
Wolves and lions eat christians.

Location hidden

#616657 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>You get dumber daily.

Why would you want the spread of atheism when you believe in a God yourself?
LOL

Location hidden

#616658 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Laughing at you "Larry".

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#616659 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>
You get dumber daily.
Why would you want the spread of atheism when you believe in a God yourself?
I don't WANT to. I am merely pointing out facts of reality.

Christianity is dying in the civilized world because of Christians themselves.

On a personal level, I don't care if one is an atheist or theist. I don't think it matters.
I know far more non-Christians that live what Jesus taught than I see Topix Christians doing so.
The destination is more important than the mode of transportation. So far, all I see of most Topix Christians is sitting in their ox carts on the side of the path insulting everyone passing by..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616660 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wolves and lions eat christians.
I like to think f myself as a German Shepard. Neither sheep nor wolf. A guardian of both actually.

Location hidden

#616661 Jan 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>I don't WANT to. I am merely pointing out facts of reality.

Christianity is dying in the civilized world because of Christians themselves.

On a personal level, I don't care if one is an atheist or theist. I don't think it matters.
I know far more non-Christians that live what Jesus taught than I see Topix Christians doing so.
The destination is more important than the mode of transportation. So far, all I see of most Topix Christians is sitting in their ox carts on the side of the path insulting everyone passing by..
I wonder who they'll send in next.

Fooking half wits.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#616662 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "I got nothing but just have to speak to you, even if it's just to attempt an insult.........."
As far as attempted offence goes, you score pretty low, saying that to someone who doesn't think much of marriage anymore and would only agree to it if the idea came from a real man in possession of a highly functioning brain.
If it was an attempt at humour, you might score a little higher.
Let me know.
It was an attempt to get through to you about how you come across. I dont know of any REAL men that would find your attitude attractive.

Your probably only gonna get offers from the likes of people like Ben. People that are just as miserable as you..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#616663 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughing at you "Larry".
I wouldn't have taken it any other way sunshine..........

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616664 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who they'll send in next.
Fooking half wits.
I get three kinds of potential students.

Those that know little and are eager to learn.
Those that know a lot and are eager to learn more.
Those that think they know everything and are unteachable.

"Many are called but few are chosen."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#616665 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>
It was an attempt to get through to you about how you come across. I dont know of any REAL men that would find your attitude attractive.
Your probably only gonna get offers from the likes of people like Ben. People that are just as miserable as you..........
You are the miserable one, Larry.

Your only joy in life seems to be stalking and insulting me and Luci.

I am so glad that you come here to make me realize how full my life is.

I will take the agony of my chemo in stride knowing that my life could have been as empty as yours.

I am truly blessed.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#616666 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah honey, I'm out of your league. Way out. You've made that clear many times Judy and I agree with you, not this pretence, the real you.
Keep me out of your bullshitreligion, thanks.
Thank you for your reply -- tis as expected and deserved --

TLC - OSG Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#616667 Jan 21, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that God is required- Many people tend to run from self improvement. They don't bother for their own sake...not even for the sake of their families.... if they have not God- then they have no motive to improve. Why would they bother ? They are not answering to anybody.
Religion is the man made parts of seeking God- the true relaionship is what motivates a believer to improve - people make the mistakes and unless they seek to be as we are supposed to be- then improvement never comes. Jesus was wise and caring- He is the only one who ever got it totally right.
computer still glitching ... yes I believe IE is the problem- happens at other sites too...but my computer has the best protection in this browser.
Cheers to you also.
very well stated Deb -- and my computer is glitching too -- glad I have good protection as well -

TLC - Judy

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe/God

#616668 Jan 21, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> ???
Your writings are from a deranged paranoid and schizophrenic broken mind. bwa ha ha.
Ha, word of the day - IRONY.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#616669 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
She did deserve it, either you have no idea what it was about or you are just another christian liar. From what I've seen in my time here and in the Facebook 'family' group, I'm going with both.
You weren't here when Epi made her bullshit accusations and I doubt you had the presence of mind to read the exchange for yourself before jumping in with your lies.
Duane is far more tolerant with you lot than I am and your apology stinks.
Points taken and duly noted along with some notes to self --

TLC - OSG Judy

Location hidden

#616670 Jan 21, 2014
<quoted text>It was an attempt to get through to you about how you come across. I dont know of any REAL men that would find your attitude attractive.

Assumption mixed with projection.

I doubt you would know what a real man is and whatever gave you the impression that I care how you think I come across?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe/God

#616671 Jan 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks by pretending not to be a Christian it gives him more credibility.
Sadly, his Christianity gives him away to be a fraud.
"Sheep in wolf's clothing" is a common Christian tactic.
I called him on that years ago, yet no matter how obvious his "Christianity" is to others, he STILL tries to deny it. Not realizing that from then on, his credibility is ZERO.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#616672 Jan 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
You are still referring to the Self - as in no religion is required.....let's recap.....
"Jesus was wise and caring- He is the only one who ever got it totally right."
- yet you choose not to believe his teachings that are listed here.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
- BTW - that is a choice you made without "God"
Truths - you'll promote the Self in pretty much everything you do, yet you seem to refute and rebuke its importance.
Why?
What are you afraid of?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I not know about your other criteria(s) you questioning Deb writer about, but that one about the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas should not be one of them. The Gospel of Thomas have no place in the bible.
Hi trifecta - glad of you to join in the discussion.
a. Men label the contents of texts the way they want to - not "God".
b. Jesus teachings are Jesus' teachings - does it make a different on where they are?
c. If you only accept part of what Jesus taught, wouldn't that make you a "half-Christian"?
d. Why would anyone plit Jesus up into many parts - Jewish, Gnostic, Christian, Hindu, Essene, etc.?

I would think that a complete Jesus is what should be studied. You don't split your Mother into two or more types of persons, do you?

Where did "God" specifically state which texts are of "his inspiration" and which are not?

This will give you the correct and accurate answer on why GoThomas is not part of the Bible.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> The Gospel of Thomas does not meet the five criteria determined by historic Christianity for it to be in the canon of the bible:
1.Apostolic authority.
2.Does the writing in question go back to the first century.
3. Does the writing subscribe to orthodoxy
4. Was the book read in the churches
5. Did the people of God sense the book was inspired?
Please post where "God" has deemed these qualities as part of "His" text.

NOTE: Christianity only uses less than half of the original Apostles.
1. GoThomas was an Apostle - thus - "Apostolic authority" is given. I've just removed your first requirement.
2. GoThomas is designated by some scholars to be even earlier than GoMark. It is deemed a 1st C. text.
3. Men determined Orthodoxy, not "God". Are you limiting "God"?
4. GoThomas was read in many churches until approx. 325 CE when Constantint authorized the destruction of all non-canonical works.
5. "God" inspires everyone - so your qualifier shouldn't have an impact.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Thomas does NOT meat the above criteria Thomas was written mid to late second century AD and as late as the 4TH century.
Sure it does - you just don't agree that it does, because it spoils your rendition of men.

Why do you believe fallible men had the capacity to define an infallible being?

Why would an infallible being require fallible men to tell its story?

If the Bible is not in err, why are their two different creation stories. It must be that "God" got it wrong, or the people scribing for "God" mistakenly added the extra one. OOPS!!

C'mon trifecta - these simple solutions aren't hard to figure out.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#616673 Jan 21, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Thomas teaches humans are divine. No. that would mean humans are the same as Jesus. Humans are not the same as Jesus. ONLY Jesus is Divine.
"We are all God's children." - just like Jesus.

I imagine you can't fathom being like Jesus, that is why you refute his teachings of, "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." Jesus told us we can achieve this pinnacle of life, yet you rebuke it. Odd.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Thomas teaches libertinism (do what you want with your body..adultery fornication whatever) because what you do with the body don't matter---totally opposite to the rest of the NT and Jesus teaches.
"What is created cannot enter the kindgom of heaven."
- correct - our material world is of this world and not of "God's".
- it isn't too difficult to understand this, if one were to believe in all of what Jesus taught. But you seem to accept man's view. I understand.

Skip Jesus, huh,- he doesn't know what he is talking about.*sighs*
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> You can read the problems with Thomas same place I read them at these sources.
http://www.gotquestions.org/gospel-of-Thomas....
Crucified in the Media- C.Marvin Pate Sheryl L. Pate
Good solid source you use there. Maybe you should depend upon a website that is not embedded with advertising to sell the site.

BTW - for every link you provide - I can provide many others to dispute your unfounded claims.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> So No one should follow the teachings of Thomas. Not Deb not no one.
So says you? This is why you are a "Christian" you would rather follow what men have decided for you to believe, instead of utilizing Jesus. Gotcha.

What do men have that Jesus doesn't that makes you believe them over he?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Church Historians left out the book of Thomas out of the bible for good reason, it does not belong in the bible.
"Church Historians" didn't put the original Bible together - bishops did.

Your historical knowledge is skewed. No wonder you think the way you do, you have been given erroneous information.

Thanks for responding.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#616674 Jan 21, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
((((((Judy)))))) If anything in my life is seen as a truth or a love pat- I KNOW that it comes from God. A random sentence with just the words I needed to see- A rock song that I have not heard in years...a photo in a drawer -when you didn't remember it being in there.
This is my explanation- from my post to LeLe
"I don't read these every day- the only place they show up for me is here on topix. Plus- it is rare to see your own on any given page. IF I notice "my" pisces- then I read it. It does not matter to me if people read them or believe that the cosmos knows their horoscope- I just find it funny when it matches my day- or messages I have already posted about. It follows then that due to me believing in God- I also think He will use what ever He can to send us a chuckle or encouragement. Including a random horoscope placed where I will see it.
I was having a very reflective day- If you see my previous post- you will see (c:
I was also having a day of inner whining due to having a lifetime of males in my home... 5 brothers in childhood...and a husband and two sons in adulthood. I was feeling the heaviness of being chief cook and bottle washer... bathroom cleaner...pick up 'artist'... bed maker... driver, maid.... etc. LOL-
BUT I am so ever grateful for the life I have ...just got caught up in the winter blahs , ya' know? So---anyways- the oroscope made me chuckle at whiney deb.
XO "
Deb I for one know your loving heart and understand in a way what your trying to explain here -- and I did read your response to LeLe --

But something of this nature can not be both ways -- if horoscopes are unGodly and unbiblical then God is not going to bring something your way thru a horoscope -- I just believe you should have used your reading in different context is all.

TLC - Judy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 47,190
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Robert F 692,138
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min nanoanomaly 990,703
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 1 hr Caliboy 14
How do I message you about a post from the past... 1 hr elcy2015 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Paul really is dead 466
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 5 hr Doctor REALITY 7
More from around the web