Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Experiencing God Day By Day:

Raining Righteousness

Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the LORD, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.(Hosea 10:12)
The people of Hoseaís day had become hardened to Godís Word. They had heard it many times before and had grown apathetic to what God required of them. Godís solution was for them to break up the fallow ground of their hearts. They were to allow Him to soften their hardened hearts. When the earth was dry and crusty, the farmer would plow to loosen the soil so it was receptive to the seeds and the rains that would give life to the crop. Likewise, Godís people were to break up the sinful barriers in their lives that prevented Godís Word from penetrating their hearts. Then, said Hosea, God would give life and refresh them by raining down on them in righteousness.
As Christians, we must continually cultivate our hearts and minds so that they are receptive to whatever God tells us. John the Baptist exhorted those around him to prepare for Jesusí coming. We, too, can remind others to prepare their lives so that Godís righteousness will penetrate and fill their lives. We can urge them to repent when we see sin sinking into their lives. We can share the joy that Godís Word brings us and encourage our friends to seek Godís will also. We can model obedience for our children. We can tell of the blessings that have come to us as a result of our obedience. We can help to break up the fallow ground in the hearts of those around us.
Hosea admonished Godís people to seek the Lord until His righteousness rained down upon them. We should immediately cultivate our heart whenever it starts to become hardened toward God. If we keep our hearts prepared, we will be ready when Godís Word comes to us.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
HFN...I was just wondering where you were...Good to see you Friend
Thanks
Hey Epiphany, Friend, Sister!,

I checked in one day and after reading a few pages there was so much fussing that I just left.

Good seeing you too!

Iím not sure when but Iíll probably be checking in some. I probably should but I donít always say something to all the friendly faces, including those from Non-believers. Itís good to see them when I do check in though.
HFN

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody has any tangible knowledge of God
Prove it.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
I'm sure no one can prove it either way..
Look at what you have gone though- trying to share..
- Yikes!

Yet, I remember my world almost before 2 yrs old..
And I also remember knowing God during that age.

My family has forever looked at me in shock when I
have mentioned what I remember from my little sister's birth.
I was hardly two.

Even Truths admits she wasn't "taught" about the existznce
of Christ she just always " knew".

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you again. Guess we have been on different threads.
Yeah. Plus, winlac is dead.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've never been to Yorkshire.
Though I seem to recall that Captain Cook was from there.
Yes! Captain Cook.
Hi Mac. Hope all is well.

Whitby is also the very place where Count Dracula chose his home
on the East bluff - in the beautiful Whitby Abbey.

A couple miles from Scarborough. All on the seaside.
I recommend you visit..

Sending my best.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure no one can prove it either way..
Look at what you have gone though- trying to share..
- Yikes!
Yet, I remember my world almost before 2 yrs old..
And I also remember knowing God during that age.
My family has forever looked at me in shock when I
have mentioned what I remember from my little sister's birth.
I was hardly two.
Even Truths admits she wasn't "taught" about the existznce
of Christ she just always " knew".
That was my intent, to start a dialog with him. To make him see how hard it was to prove his assertion that nobody had any tangible knowledge of God. Which would either lead him to try some dishonest tactic, admit that he cannot, which isn't likely, or run away. But whatever he did to outwardly save face, he MIGHT realize to himself the foolishness of his comment.

I know the trolls and my haters will always try to twist my words into lies to attack me, or outright ridicule them, but sometimes I'm guided to post something on spiritual matters for the benefit of someone reading them at that time. And I've had a lifetime of dealing with these loud mouthed spiritually broken ones, and their ridicule. So at this point in my life, it's nothing more than wearisome, I just shake my head at their ignorance, and forget them and their comments.

Thanks, it's nice to know that others have a good memory of their childhood. I can remember most everything even before my NDE/OBE. And afterwards my awareness was greatly enhanced, so my memory of childhood events are even more vivid. I cannot help it if most others cannot remember anything. I've come to terms long ago that I was different, and that there was nothing I could do about it. Nothing I wanted to do about it. I like the edge it gives me. And whatever the broken ones thought, or now think, had/has no effect upon who "I" am. Although your kind words are still a blessing. I don't get much of that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Using readily verifiable, tangible, non-ontological evidence, prove that God exists, then we will have something to discuss.

Balls back in your court.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Using readily verifiable, tangible, non-ontological evidence, prove that God exists, then we will have something to discuss.
Balls back in your court.
Nope!

YOU made this claim:

"nobody has any tangible knowledge of God"

So YOU have to back it up.

Ball STAYS in YOUR court until you do.

Them's the rules.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Your profile:
A pathological liar is a person who lies to the extent that it is considered a disease or a psychological disorder. Pathological liars are unable to form any real relationships based on trust. Sociopaths tend to be pathological liars. However, therapy can help people control their impulse to lie, if their disorder is diagnosed. Itís not easy to spot a pathological liar, but some warning signs do exist.
* They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.
* They add exaggerations to every sentence.
* They change their story all the time.
* They act very defensively when you question their statements.
* They believe what they say is true, when everyone else knows it isn't.
Here's an alternate "checklist":
* Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.
* Lies to get sympathy, to look beter, to save their butt, etc.
* Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.
* May have a personality disorder.
* Extremely manipulative.
* Has been caught in lies repeatedly.
* Never fesses up to the lies.
* Is a legend in their own mind.
LOL

Poor Seenie

When caught in obvious lies once again, he metaphorically tries the old "what's that over there?" distraction and hopes nobody notices. You probably still think everybody disappears when you play Peek-a-Boo!

Lets try again. But this time, without pretending like the lie you got caught in doesn't exist.

Which us the "real" story. Your other-side god at age 2 gave you the truth and allowed you to see Christianity as a bunch of lies but you stayed to appease your parents OR you researched a d through independent activities as an adult came to believe Christianity wasn't true?

Sigh....we are gonna end up playing Peek-a-boo aren't we?

Well what the heck, might as well get a response on point from you

Peek-a-boo. Where did Seenie go? Did he go to the other side? Peek-a-boo. No...there he is!

~snicker

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
YOU made this claim:
Them's the rules.
Unless the tangible existence of God can be proven any claim as to tangible knowledge of God is false.

To prove that you have tangible knowledge of God you must first prove that God exists using readily verifiable, non-ontological evidence.

Good luck with that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, ole Seenie is an idiot, cant keep all his lies straight.........
I didnt press seen for an answer I just asked him a question and I didnt have a megatantrum. When I realized he was ignoring my question, I realized he was a fraud, told him so and stopped defending the idiot.
Kind of embarrasing actually that I defended that loon for years giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Meh

I think it's a good thing you have that much trust in people that you try to extend every possible benefit of the doubt. I can't do it personally but I respect it. Still, at some point there is nothing left you can do. That doesn't fall on you. And I don't know anybody that would believe you threw a tantrum. It is what is. To sane people anyway

Good to see ya

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
As to her "story", she is a proven, and self admitted liar. So I just dismiss everything she says. That's the way I've always treated liars. For I'm not going to waste my time trying to sort out the lies from the truth, even if they are capable of telling the truth at times. So treat everything they say, as if it is the wind blowing. Just a lot of noise, with no real meaning. It's the Seen way.
What I DO find sad, is that someone so young, with her whole life ahead of her, and of all the wonderful things she could accomplish, the best she is capable of, is being a lying troll on the Internet.(Complete and total loser.)
After our cold spell, it's now in the 40's with a couple of days in the 50's. And yes, we too have a touch of spring. But I doubt it will last.
I have moved to another part of CT, and have been out exploring the area. It's way more rugged. Lots of steep, big, hills. With lots of cliffs. Makes for difficult hiking, but BEAUTIFUL! Found a freight train track to follow today. It went along a deep gorge with a small river at the bottom. It made for a nice contrast. Getting to look up at the cliffs some several hundred feet above, then looking down 300 - 400 feet to the churning river below. The next time it snows, I hope to get some good pictures there.
I met RT when she chose to insert herself to defend someone I was in a heated
debate with- this was 2011.

I do wonder If she's still kissing that said trolls 8ss.
I remember this debate spreading many forums..
I've read more re. RT thn I wish I had.

My jaw is certainly on the floor after reading
many of her posts.

I'm sure (hope) she's so much more than what I read here.
I'm just not a fan and never have seen a draw to be.

And that's what makes the world go round.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I met RT when she chose to insert herself to defend someone I was in a heated
debate with- this was 2011.
I do wonder If she's still kissing that said trolls 8ss.
I remember this debate spreading many forums..
I've read more re. RT thn I wish I had.
My jaw is certainly on the floor after reading
many of her posts.
I'm sure (hope) she's so much more than what I read here.
I'm just not a fan and never have seen a draw to be.
And that's what makes the world go round.
LOL

..."and that's what makes the world go around"

Actually it's gravity that does that Broom Hilda. But are those some of the profound posts you think others are trying to silence? I'm just waiting for you to start quoting A Few Good Men!

"You can't handle the truth"

Heh heh

Yikes?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Poor Seenie
When caught in obvious lies once again, he metaphorically tries the old "what's that over there?" distraction and hopes nobody notices. You probably still think everybody disappears when you play Peek-a-Boo!
Lets try again. But this time, without pretending like the lie you got caught in doesn't exist.
Which us the "real" story. Your other-side god at age 2 gave you the truth and allowed you to see Christianity as a bunch of lies but you stayed to appease your parents OR you researched a d through independent activities as an adult came to believe Christianity wasn't true?
Sigh....we are gonna end up playing Peek-a-boo aren't we?
Well what the heck, might as well get a response on point from you
Peek-a-boo. Where did Seenie go? Did he go to the other side? Peek-a-boo. No...there he is!
~snicker
Your profile:
A pathological liar is a person who lies to the extent that it is considered a disease or a psychological disorder. Pathological liars are unable to form any real relationships based on trust. Sociopaths tend to be pathological liars. However, therapy can help people control their impulse to lie, if their disorder is diagnosed. Itís not easy to spot a pathological liar, but some warning signs do exist.
* They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.
* Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the tangible existence of God can be proven any claim as to tangible knowledge of God is false.
To prove that you have tangible knowledge of God you must first prove that God exists using readily verifiable, non-ontological evidence.
Good luck with that.
Ha, trying to slither out of backing up YOUR claim now are you?

So AGAIN:

Nope!

YOU made this claim:

Them's the rules.

Good luck with that!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
..."and that's what makes the world go around"
Actually it's gravity that does that Broom Hilda. But are those some of the profound posts you think others are trying to silence? I'm just waiting for you to start quoting A Few Good Men!
"You can't handle the truth"
Heh heh
Yikes?
That was just stupid.
lol..

You must be obsessed or just looking for a fight.
Have fun.. I'm not interested.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Your profile:
Tsk, you can't even get this right can you?

Let's try again

Peek-a-boo!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
"You all"???
Does your "you all" include me?
When did I say you couldn't post your opinion?<quoted text>~smooch~
Honestly ?
Sometimes I feel it does.
I know my thoughts aren't what the wsjlm "Jesus" would want.
I'm not going to give up on this place.. Hope you won't either..
-smooth.
xo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
That was just stupid.
lol..
You must be obsessed or just looking for a fight.
Have fun.. I'm not interested.
LOL

Um...you followed me to another room and re-posted a post I made extending an olive branch to someone and tried to start a fight over it! Who are you kidding Hilda?

And talk about stupid! You say you don't like RT and never have...and that's what makes the world go around!

Yikes. And I read your post from a few days back once again claiming you aren't going to let people silence you!

You get dorkier every year

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 587,381 - 587,400 of598,742
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

393 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min gort 716,409
Judge Linda Warren Hunter, Dekalb County (May '08) 10 min Rob wellon 219
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Eagle 12 223,156
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 16 min andet1987 1,476
I'm a girl wanting other girls. 21 min andet1987 21
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min guest 529,969
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Commander Bunny 255,691
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••