Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#615859 Jan 14, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but laugh. I have had more than one "true" Christian (at least according to them) threaten me with violence.
One told me he wanted to put his boot up my a$$...
Another one threaten me with beating, rape and murder...
Now I am hearing that one wants to step on my throat...
LOL
Then they turn around and ask...when are you going to be saved? Saved from what...them??? The violence that they threaten me with???
LOL
What I find more disturbing is that few of the other Christians confront these violent and hate filled Christians. I can only assume they agree with them.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#615860 Jan 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of an effect to inspire several paragraphs of filth from you.
it's your opinion my responses is filth. I think your responses show there are no limits to your Idiocy. What effect does your idiocy have? oy!lol!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#615861 Jan 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and tri seems to have a fascination with punching and slapping.
A violent lot these christians.
You the one go take Jesus words about turning the other cheek into some perverse idiocy that Jesus meant someone should let another person mercilessly slap they cheeks until they satisfied.

>>you<< the one pushed that idiocy. And now your application of Jesus words have shown to be nothing short of absurd---now all you can do brand Christians on here as "violent" LOL.

Run go apply Jesus words when you see the next Christian and go slap them and see what happen. You're an Ignoramus "Divinity Surgeon".

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#615862 Jan 14, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>it's your opinion my responses is filth. I think your responses show there are no limits to your Idiocy. What effect does your idiocy have? oy!lol!
None and there is a very good reason for that.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#615863 Jan 14, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You the one go take Jesus words about turning the other cheek into some perverse idiocy that Jesus meant someone should let another person mercilessly slap they cheeks until they satisfied.

>>you<< the one pushed that idiocy. And now your application of Jesus words have shown to be nothing short of absurd---now all you can do brand Christians on here as "violent" LOL.

Run go apply Jesus words when you see the next Christian and go slap them and see what happen. You're an Ignoramus "Divinity Surgeon".
Thank you, may Satan be with you always :)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615864 Jan 14, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go....I'll work my self up to a mile plus also.....
Yea...We have always "seen each others Hearts"....Even though we have talked about our beliefs and they are different...I think we both have a caring and sharing way....And being that way it makes us SAD to see others so miserable....Every day waking up and they can't wait to get on here to Tear others down for not being or believing like they do....
Being a Christian I accept it.. because this is not our home....It is only temporary....And God promises to take care of us and Help us to get through
Have you ever wondered...Once our generation passes...What the World will be like for our Grandchildren....
Hope you have a GOOD day today Friend....Take care of yourself
Maybe one day we will start walking and meet in the middle!

These are the ones that I am doing this week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Next week I am going to try this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Yesterday I started a new strength training/cardio workout...I only made it through the first rotation...LOL...hoping today that I can make it a bit further.:-/

Epi...I suppose it is all about what you are looking for in life...we each make that choice. If one wants to hate...they will find a way...Topix just makes it easier for them.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615865 Jan 14, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find more disturbing is that few of the other Christians confront these violent and hate filled Christians. I can only assume they agree with them.
I used to think that way...

If I think about it though...

The essence of Christianity that is to be shown to others is love, compassion and forgiveness. I believe that there are those that try to live that. It can be and is sometimes in opposition to reality. It can be hard to find that balance between love/compassion/forgiveness and calling someone out and showing your true feelings about a situation. I think that is where the conflict comes in at times.

I even find that a struggle for myself at times. I read things here...what first comes to mind is not always what I write in my response. Why...because my response would in no way reflect the beliefs that I try to live by.

I think...just my opinion...is that what they fail to see is how that lack of response to injustices by their fellow "brothers and sisters" appear to those outside the body (I hesitate to use the word 'church'). It can and often does come across as you say...their approval or lack of concern...elitism...or their belief that whatever is said to an unbeliever is justified.

I suspect though from comments made that they feel the same about us outside the 'church'. We are often silent when another unbeliever says something that is also hate-filled.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#615866 Jan 14, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> it's your opinion my responses is filth......
It is quite clear you can not distinguish sh!t from Shinola.

I blame your hateful beliefs for that.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#615867 Jan 14, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> You the one go take Jesus words about turning the other cheek into some perverse idiocy that Jesus meant someone should let another person mercilessly slap they cheeks until they satisfied......
So... according to you, Jesus is a liar.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#615868 Jan 14, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Mornin......
The things you push away the hardest when you’re young,
you end up embracing when you get older.”
~ Rosanne Cash
Thought for the day
Yeah- Like NAPS (c:

“Love much, trust none”

There

#615869 Jan 14, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The essence of Christianity that is to be shown to others is love, compassion and forgiveness. I believe that there are those that try to live that. It can be and is sometimes in opposition to reality. It can be hard to find that balance between love/compassion/forgiveness and calling someone out and showing your true feelings about a situation. I think that is where the conflict comes in at times.
I even find that a struggle for myself at times. I read things here...what first comes to mind is not always what I write in my response. Why...because my response would in no way reflect the beliefs that I try to live by.
I think...just my opinion...is that what they fail to see is how that lack of response to injustices by their fellow "brothers and sisters" appear to those outside the body (I hesitate to use the word 'church'). It can and often does come across as you say...their approval or lack of concern...elitism...or their belief that whatever is said to an unbeliever is justified.
I suspect though from comments made that they feel the same about us outside the 'church'. We are often silent when another unbeliever says something that is also hate-filled.
I disagree. I make a huge distinction between Christianity and following the teachings of Jesus.
IMHO Christianity has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.
Christianity follows the teachings of Paul, Constantine, Popes and other self appointed spokesmen for God.

Christianity contains as much Jesus as Coca-Cola contains cocaine.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#615870 Jan 14, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I might believe that if they confronted these "Christians" as much as they confronted us "heretics" and "atheists".
When Epi, for example, can go on a tirade about my employment and credentials yet never even confront RA for his accusing me of raping my daughter, I consider that an endorsement of RA's hate and that such disgusting tactics are explicitly a part of Christianity.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#615871 Jan 14, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, yeah.
You can't rule it out completely.
I have an open mind.
An open mind is a very good thing :)

But it can be ruled out completely that Jesus could have possibly meant that. Lets look at the whole verse:

Matt 5:29
but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell..

---

So what is the subject? Adultery. Jesus was speaking about sin. And what Jesus is saying there is if there is someone; something; a place; an activity or anything that leads you commit sinful activities such as adultery---no matter how deeply painful and hurtful it is to cut off that person or that place or that activity---it is better to to that than end up in hell.

And how you would know Jesus not mean for you to literally cut off you right hand or pluck out you eye---you can still commit adultery with one eye or one arm ;)

So I beg to disagree with you. You can completely rule out the literal interpretation.

But that my take and that how I address the verse. If another person want to chop off they right hand or pluck out they eye---then that them, but I no think that what Jesus mean.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#615872 Jan 14, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> An open mind is a very good thing :)
But it can be ruled out completely that Jesus could have possibly meant that. Lets look at the whole verse:
Matt 5:29
but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell..
---
So what is the subject? Adultery. Jesus was speaking about sin. And what Jesus is saying there is if there is someone; something; a place; an activity or anything that leads you commit sinful activities such as adultery---no matter how deeply painful and hurtful it is to cut off that person or that place or that activity---it is better to to that than end up in hell.
And how you would know Jesus not mean for you to literally cut off you right hand or pluck out you eye---you can still commit adultery with one eye or one arm ;)
So I beg to disagree with you. You can completely rule out the literal interpretation.
But that my take and that how I address the verse. If another person want to chop off they right hand or pluck out they eye---then that them, but I no think that what Jesus mean.
So, according to you, Jesus was telling his followers to castrate themselves.

ROFLMAO

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#615873 Jan 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
None and there is a very good reason for that.
of course there is----because the logic you use to attack Christians on here using the words of Jesus is so absurd and ludicrous laughing at you is the only effect you will achieve amateur.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#615874 Jan 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, may Satan be with you always :)
you welcome--anytime. Know what the heck you talking about before you go attack a philosophy that you downright clueless about---I no have to wish Satan on you----the logic you use on here show Satan already with you.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#615875 Jan 14, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So... according to you, Jesus is a liar.
you mother f.... without of end
talk same BS day by day
time is to get some meds and keep focus on dr Shrink you stupid old Bozo

same crap posted past 3 years makes you complete retard and wind up idiot
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#615876 Jan 14, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So, according to you, Jesus was telling his followers to castrate themselves.
ROFLMAO
you already did it, not only castrated by remove balla and d... to be female lesbian pervert?
are you folowing your own jesus idea from Gospel of Gay?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#615877 Jan 14, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool....I can trace my ancestors to the Cherokees in North Carolina.....So you probably know what "Walela" means.....
I love them....
you are next demented poor church Liar,
now you are half Cherokee
but one year ago you were french ancestors,2 years ago Chinesse,3 years ago S.America, and soon you be half blood from the Moon?
what a bunch of Liars babling here day by day like Zombies

“Life Force One”

Since: Mar 09

The Spiritual Universe

#615878 Jan 14, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have to take a religious oath on the Bible? Can't they affirm instead?
I don't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ChristineM 855,454
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 48 min TITUS 7,339
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Edthirty 1,036
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 1 hr Edthirty 248
Sex with demon possessed doll 1 hr Marshmallow 46
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 1 hr Burke Devlin 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 5,933
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 177,212
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 596,517
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web