Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#615643 Jan 12, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how that would work. Still good on ya, Mac.
The Florida Panhandle rednecks keep stalling the law - but they're losing ground fast.

This year, I think.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#615644 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I had crushes on some of my first cousins. It is quite common.
The ban on "Nth cousin marriage" is not based on genetics and never was. It isn't even Biblical.
The RCC has changed the "rules" on it several times in its history. Mostly at the request of Kings. The laws regarding it in the USA are based on religion, not science.
So had I...

Incidentally, first-cousin marriage is lawful in, I think, 16 of the United States, and permitted with restrictions in several others.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#615645 Jan 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So had I...
Incidentally, first-cousin marriage is lawful in, I think, 16 of the United States, and permitted with restrictions in several others.
Correct. People don't realize what is illegal in one State may be legal in another.

Most do not know that there is no Federal laws against prostitution, only State and county laws. Nevada for example.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#615649 Jan 12, 2014
Here is a syllabus for a degree in Comparative religion from a non-religious University:

"The Department of Comparative Religion offers a wide variety of courses in the academic study of religion. Our curriculum spans religions East and West, ancient and modern, global and local, mega-sized and individual."

http://religion.fullerton.edu/academics/cours...

Here is a syllabus for a degree in Theology/Dvinity from a religious University:

"Almeda University confers a Master of Theology to those who demonstrate not only a masterful understanding of the Bible, but an ability to use its principles as a means of counseling others. Based on the depth of wisdom contained in the Bible, it can be a source of inspiration and recovery for a wide array of problems, including marital difficulties, depression, alcohol and drug dependency, parent-child discord, anger, mistrust, dishonesty, victims of abuse, and general mental and spiritual well being."

http://almedauniversity.org/graduate/master-o...

Quite a world of difference.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#615650 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with Bible Colleges and Divinity Universities is that they simply teach indoctrination.
A real secular University degree in comparative religion and philosophy is a completely different matter.
Yep. I went to a Catholic university, but they certainly encouraged freethinking. One of my lecturers was very big on "think outside the square", teaching Eastern philosophy.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#615651 Jan 12, 2014
Good

Mornin.....

“Convictions...are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.”

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Thought for the day

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#615652 Jan 12, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>After providing the link to the Uni in Newcastle, I read up on what they have to offer, and thought this was very impressive.
***First year courses include:
World Religions
Theology: Searching The Spiritual
Introduction to the Scrolls and Scriptures
Christianity: History of a Global Religion
Second year courses include:
The Many Faces of Jesus
Children of Abraham: Judaism, Christianity and Islam
Reading Scrolls and Scriptures: Methodologies
Religious Ethics
Third year courses include:
Modern Theology
Scrolls and Scriptures: Uses and Abuses
Religion in Secular World
Jewish thought after the Holocaust
And sent them an email seeing if it can be done online. Really hoping they do,'cause I was pretty impressed with their curriculum. Didn't see anything offensive, out of line or in fact, anything to laugh at. I guess that is because it is something I'm interested in though.
Good on you. Newcastle is a good uni, my mother went there. They certainly taught her to think a lot differently about a lot of things.

Lots of cute little possums all over the campus.
:-)

It's a long way up the road for you though. Thank the Rainbow Serpent for the internet.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615653 Jan 12, 2014
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, I offer myself to you as an open vessel. Please work in my life and accomplish your will through me. Every little thing and every great thing that is accomplished, I praise you for it and give you all the glory. Thank you for blessing my life with your power and presence. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615654 Jan 12, 2014
Encouraging Words....

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

K-Love

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#615655 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Here is a syllabus for a degree in Comparative religion from a non-religious University:
"The Department of Comparative Religion offers a wide variety of courses in the academic study of religion. Our curriculum spans religions East and West, ancient and modern, global and local, mega-sized and individual."
Here is a syllabus for a degree in Theology/Dvinity from a religious University:
"Almeda University confers a Master of Theology to those who demonstrate not only a masterful understanding of the Bible, but an ability to use its principles as a means of counseling others. Based on the depth of wisdom contained in the Bible, it can be a source of inspiration and recovery for a wide array of problems, including marital difficulties, depression, alcohol and drug dependency, parent-child discord, anger, mistrust, dishonesty, victims of abuse, and general mental and spiritual well being."
I can see that, just from reading the links you provided. One is all comparative religion, the other looks really "thou shalt".

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615656 Jan 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Epi!
Drat, it's nice to be back in the sub-Tropics. I had ten days of VERY cold rain, freezing temps, and 75-MPH winds.
I didn't realize Ireland has such strong storms.....I would blow away with 75 MPH winds....LOL

Is that "wee baby" ready to make its earthly entrance soon....:-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#615657 Jan 12, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I went to a Catholic university, but they certainly encouraged freethinking. One of my lecturers was very big on "think outside the square", teaching Eastern philosophy.
You and he were lucky. In most Catholic Universities here, other religions are taught to be inferior (considered human philosophies rather than "God's Truth") to Catholicism. Their intent is to promote only Catholicism.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615658 Jan 12, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
Wow....Thanks Seen

I really liked those....

:-)

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#615659 Jan 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Don't lookit me. I'm an ordained minister.
I can perform at weddings, funerals, baptisms...
I'm looking forward to officiating at the first lawful SSM in the area, even if I have to be up past midnight.
Pro bono.
Florida used to be a nice place to live ...I've been here since 1962. As children we could walk home from school ...and ride our bikes from one end of Dade County to the other ...out to Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, the Keys ...all over really.
We never gave a second thought to sexual perversion, or any of the folly that accompanies the strange notions emanating from the minds of those people. No more though ...

This has caused me to stop and try to remember the last time I saw a kid on a bike ...I cannot.

What was once a hospitable area to youth of all ages, an area boasting year-round outdoor activity's both wet & dry, has turned into a playground for the sexually perverse and deviant.

I often wonder ...If folks choose to live a lifestyle markedly different from the accepted norm, or live among those that do; what's stopping them from living that way where they came from? Why bring that silly notion here?

I know that those altered lifestyles have always existed, even here ...I think a big part of the difference was ...we didn't talk about it ...at least it wasn't a topic of daily conversation, it wasn't out front.
Yet we got along.
Maybe the lot of us were just to busy living life 24/7/365, and enjoying all that Florida had to offer in sun,water, and yr round warmth.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615660 Jan 12, 2014
Have a great Sunday...
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#615661 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. People don't realize what is illegal in one State may be legal in another.
Most do not know that there is no Federal laws against prostitution, only State and county laws. Nevada for example.
" Most do not know that there is no Federal laws against prostitution, only State and county laws. Nevada for example."

Did you say "Nevada" ?

Oops.
I promise I have never been to Nevada and payed for sex there.
Seriously, i am pretty damn sure.
I am pretty damn sure I had sex there.
I know I was drunk and woke up with an empty wallet.
But ( scratching head ) I am pretty sure I didn't pay for it.

Darn it.
I give up.
Come and take me away.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#615662 Jan 12, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida used to be a nice place to live ...I've been here since 1962. As children we could walk home from school ...and ride our bikes from one end of Dade County to the other ...out to Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, the Keys ...all over really.
We never gave a second thought to sexual perversion, or any of the folly that accompanies the strange notions emanating from the minds of those people. No more though ...
This has caused me to stop and try to remember the last time I saw a kid on a bike ...I cannot.
What was once a hospitable area to youth of all ages, an area boasting year-round outdoor activity's both wet & dry, has turned into a playground for the sexually perverse and deviant.
I often wonder ...If folks choose to live a lifestyle markedly different from the accepted norm, or live among those that do; what's stopping them from living that way where they came from? Why bring that silly notion here?
I know that those altered lifestyles have always existed, even here ...I think a big part of the difference was ...we didn't talk about it ...at least it wasn't a topic of daily conversation, it wasn't out front.
Yet we got along.
Maybe the lot of us were just to busy living life 24/7/365, and enjoying all that Florida had to offer in sun,water, and yr round warmth.
Nothing has changed we are just aware of it now. in the 30' a family member committed suicide after being repeatedly raped by her father and uncle. It was hushed up and never even made the local papers, no one was arrested.

An increase in reporting does not mean an increase in activity.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#615663 Jan 12, 2014
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>There seems to be a lot available online....

http://www.google.com.au/search...

Cheers for getting my interest up, between you, Rosa and G, I've been having a bit of fun. One never knows who one might learn from, that's for sure...

Hope to get somewhere online, would suit me to a tee working full time and having a 2 hour drive to and from each day.
You're welcome :)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#615664 Jan 12, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
" Most do not know that there is no Federal laws against prostitution, only State and county laws. Nevada for example."
Did you say "Nevada" ?
Oops.
I promise I have never been to Nevada and payed for sex there.
Seriously, i am pretty damn sure.
I am pretty damn sure I had sex there.
I know I was drunk and woke up with an empty wallet.
But ( scratching head ) I am pretty sure I didn't pay for it.
Darn it.
I give up.
Come and take me away.
I paid much more to NOT have sex than to have sex. Divorces are expensive!

"A man does not pay a prostitute for sex.He is paying her to go away afterwards." - ME 7:43

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#615665 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:

Cheers :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Seentheotherside 687,387
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr 360Junkman 987,388
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 2 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
More from around the web