“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#615196 Jan 5, 2014
M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615197 Jan 5, 2014
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank you for all of the special people you have placed in my life to complete me. Thank you for my few friends who are truly friends, for my soul mate, for all my brothers and sisters. I pray now for those who do not have a special person to complete their lives. Please send the right person along who can be the one to offer encouragement, friendship, loving guidance, unconditional love, and to just be there. I pray that a bond of Godly love with develop and that both people will be uplifted. Please forgive me for not always letting my special people know how much they mean, and help me to show them their importance in my life. I praise you and thank you for always being there for me, too, and for your promise to never leave nor forsake me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615198 Jan 5, 2014
Encouraging Words....

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.

Lamentations 3:22-23

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615199 Jan 5, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
Well...I guess my food for thought post...brought up some thoughts...not necessarily the way I intended but...oh well...I meant well.
You tried to bring a little peace here.....

I think that argurment between them was from a discussion on another thread......We got the "spill overl"

Just be YOU......

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615200 Jan 5, 2014
Have a good one.....

((*L-))

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615201 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I know, I am am evil monster according to RR and Rider for giving up my daughter.
Apparently people who put their children up for adoption are even worse monsters than me because they are financial dead beats as well.
But, hitting a baby is just fine as long as you call it "spanking" !
I didn't take sides...my post was not in reference to you or RR...it was just something that I read that made me think.

We often here some Christians speak of themselves as if they are "filthy rags"...as if they are less. This quote...actually off of a Christian site expressed my thoughts.

If one believes in God...if one believes that God creates...should one see that creation as "junk"?

Now...as far as my opinion which I have stated before...I think you are both wrong in condemning each other on matters that you truly know nothing about.

I do however hope that both of you have...your best day yet.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615202 Jan 5, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to bring a little peace here.....
I think that argurment between them was from a discussion on another thread......We got the "spill overl"
Just be YOU......
Just trying to throw a little out there for those of us who would rather...think...share our thoughts...and still be able to say "friend"...whether we agree or not.

I enjoyed reading your post yesterday about Lanza. Made me think...gave me a little insight in to you...

There is that saying...life is like a bowl of cherries...some people just keep spilling theirs in the floor...steppin' on em.

Good morning Epi...and all others that dare enter this domain.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615203 Jan 5, 2014
To further look in to the world of humility...(at my own risk...)

I like these chosen quotes...

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
&#8213; Ernest Hemingway

“It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.”
&#8213; Mahatma Gandhi

“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”
&#8213; C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

“If anyone tells you that a certain person speaks ill of you, do not make excuses about what is said of you but answer, "He was ignorant of my other faults, else he would not have mentioned these alone.”
&#8213; Epictetus

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God ... and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven.”
&#8213; Orson F. Whitney
Alice

Merritt, Canada

#615204 Jan 5, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
I'm going to throw out a question to Catholics here....
I read that the Pope said there is no Hell...Adam and Ever were not real.....And the Catholic Church is open to all people....Gays included....
What are you thought on it?
there is a small chance that he is a decent person

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#615205 Jan 5, 2014
P-U ...what is that odor?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#615206 Jan 5, 2014
hick_up wrote:
P-U ...what is that odor?
Rotten fruit?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615207 Jan 5, 2014
Well...either Epi or I one must have left an odor of rotten fruit...since we are the only two regulars to have posted this morning...oh well...

If it is me...sorry guys...

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#615210 Jan 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the impression that I've been getting. My softer side pities the poor b@stard.
I had to think about that one.

Now I can pity those who are brainwashed by religions, and have a distorted view of the world and spiritual matters, because they cannot see they are brainwashed, or overcome it.

And I can kind of pity those here who are always lashing out and attacking others, by doing far worse than what they are accusing others of doing, unable to see their own hypocrisy.

But I believe the Doc knows fully well what he's doing, and enjoys it. So I cannot really pity him for that. The only thing I can pity him for, is that out of all the good things he could be doing in this world, he instead tries to be the worst a human could be.

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#615211 Jan 5, 2014
Naw it not you's in's.
I was catching up yesterdays posts and some of what ...well it just put me that frame of mind.
filth equals stench by association....

But moving on to today ...

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#615212 Jan 5, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Please send the right person along who can be the one to offer encouragement, friendship, loving guidance, unconditional love, and to just be there. Amen.
God has always been that for me.
Shaddap

Hurst, TX

#615213 Jan 5, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
Lamentations 3:22-23
K-Love
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Ah, yes, Lamentations. Only a God Virus-addled moron could trumpet that as something positive:

They that did feed delicately are desolate in the streets: they that were brought up in scarlet embrace dunghills.

Disgusting

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615214 Jan 5, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to throw a little out there for those of us who would rather...think...share our thoughts...and still be able to say "friend"...whether we agree or not.
I enjoyed reading your post yesterday about Lanza. Made me think...gave me a little insight in to you...
There is that saying...life is like a bowl of cherries...some people just keep spilling theirs in the floor...steppin' on em.
Good morning Epi...and all others that dare enter this domain.
Here is something I found today...Dr.Jean Houston was on Oprah's "Super Soul Sunday"....Here is her Blog on "Cosmic Garden"(Its long but interesting...will put it in 2 parts)
_______
In the beginning there were and continue to be the Great Gardeners who live in the Metaverse, a vast farm fertile with energy, creativity, intelligence, and love. The Gardeners decide to plant a new garden in a field of the farm’s limitless, nested universes. They begin with a infinitesimally tiny seed, a microcosm coded with the energy resources to flower into a richly varied cosmos. So potent is the ground, so ready is the seed, that once planted, it bursts its pod with an explosion of light and energy.

And lo, the infinitesimal seed sprouts into a great tree that holds in its branches a trillion galaxies, each blossoming with a hundred billion or more stars. Whirlwinds of energy swirling through the branches coalesce into biosystems of planetary scale, each home to billions of organisms that balance each other in self-sustaining ecological webs. Nourishing each bud of this immense flowering is the great tree, which links every expression of the garden’s unfolding in energetic resonance, such that anything that happens in any part is known instantaneously to the whole.

As the budding life forms of the biospheres complexify, the most advanced among them jump first into awareness of themselves and then into awareness of the Great Gardeners who planted them. Problems that arise at each stage of their growth create opportunities for learning, experimentation, and new expression leading the advancing ones to deeper and more profound understanding of themselves and their world. As this understanding grows, they develop ways to meet their physical needs with less and less expenditure of energy and resources, so that more and more of their awareness can be devoted to tending the garden of their consciousness and culture. Soon, the winds of the technology they have evolved are cross-pollinating the flowers of many places and knowings.

Venturing out to explore the worlds of the very large and the very small, first in their imaginations and then through their technological advances, these adventurous ones come to discover the wonders of the cosmic tree. They begin to understand that all life is engaged in a process of continuous creation and that birth, growth, death, and new birth are all expressions of energy in motion. They come to see that the cosmos both within and without is a living organism, a single unified garden, recreated in its entirety moment by moment by the love and intelligence of the Gardeners which flows continuously through the Great Tree like nourishing sap.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615215 Jan 5, 2014
Part two....

They discover, further, that along with the knowledge of the Great Tree comes a radical freedom. They know themselves to be free to make mistakes, to face evil, and to experience suffering, for suffering is the inevitable consequence of the great potential of their seeded nature, locked into a still maturing consciousness. Yet, over time, as their scope of vision widens, these beings evolve toward transcending their suffering. As they do, they come to a more and more expansive understanding of who they are and what they yet may be and do.

Knowing at last that all is within all, the totality present in each part and each part fully connected to the whole, these beings—and we are they—move beyond the limited conceptions of the local laws of form and gain access to the very patterns of creation. With this knowledge, they join the Gardeners in their task of planning and planting cosmic gardens and nourishing them with their own intelligence and love. And so, the cosmos continues to bloom.

The cosmic story which I have told is itself a hologram for living in Jump Time. It reminds us that we, too, are Gardeners who can farm the fields of space/time, the generative ground of our being, creating gardens of consciousness, landscapes filled with the blossoms of our minds and spirits. Tending the gardens of our lives involves a kind of cosmic yoga; we yoke ourselves back to remembering that we are made of the same stuff as the Metaverse from which we continuously arise second by second. We share its body; we are woven into the fabric of its infinite ecology; the productions of our hands and minds are an aspect of its creation and live in eternity. We know ourselves, then, as resonant waves of the original seed, infinite beings who contain in our body-minds the design of creation itself, planted in the field of this particular space-time and sustained by a dynamic flow-through of cosmic energy.

A Godseed.......

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615216 Jan 5, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
Well...either Epi or I one must have left an odor of rotten fruit...since we are the only two regulars to have posted this morning...oh well...
If it is me...sorry guys...
Must be the perfume I received from Christmas.......Its called "Conchita" (all kinds of fruit smells...banana....cherry....p ineapple....etc)
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#615217 Jan 5, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you brought up the subject, tonight was perihelion, the yearly day that the earth is the closest to the sun.
Happy Holiday!
very soon,sun will be so close to the earth,that all a....like yours will be bake and throw 6 feet down,
New Earth is not going to have idiots,atheists, homsexuals and others Gal 5;17-21

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min AussieBobby 268,776
Moses never existed 5 min KiMare 1,235
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Sherlayne 573,573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min BenAdam 808,776
money 19 min chelseasky 1
Now Obama's Christianity has been placed in doubt 37 min Jaimie 35
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min TheNorthRemembers 97,846
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 1 hr Curious_Guy1 161
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 1 hr Coco 202
More from around the web