Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#615089 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
To those who worship God to avoid to avoid Hell:
"Any dog will beg and do tricks for table scraps. What honor is their to either in that ?
The dog who stays by his masters side no matter the reward, or lack there of, honors them both." - ME 12:11
I'm not worried about Hell, it's hot enough here!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#615090 Jan 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hate to rub it in to y'all (really!) but it's been scorching here. Two days ago, it was as steamy and sticky as a sauna.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/aus...
Time for a swim.
Your 50 degrees is HOT......(celcius versus Farenheit)

I live in a pretty mild weather area....Today it will be 50 degrees (farenheit) and Sunny.....COOL but Nice

Stay COOL Rosa.....((*L-))

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#615091 Jan 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not worried about Hell, it's hot enough here!
It is almost 0 degrees F. here.

In the Medieval Period, Hell was described as freezing and Satan was blue. Both symbolized the absence of God's "warmth".

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615092 Jan 4, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Zumba class does not start for another couple of hours. Just have a seat over there in the corner and try not to let anyone plss in your cheerios again. It was probably that troll that did it. He seems to have a bladder control problem...in between his digestive tract disorder.
Don't forget to have your before picture taken...after you get through Epi's Extreme Zumba...we will take an after picture...to remember you by.
Would you like fruit on your cereal?
Oh...and drops are $10 a class...just put it in the jar. We are planning a trip to the islands.
One last thing...if you need a towel...that will be $2.
Don't forget to pay for your cereal...$5...fruit...$3.
Or...$25 if you pay up front.
That's about it...only other thing is...please come to class with a smile...we don't allow sad faces.
If you insist upon being a poo poo...please join Trollie...the two of you can stand outside...press your nose against the window and...just watch. The two of you can practice your Yoga wind releasing moves.
BTW...Good morning and welcome to our little abode...we are striving for kindness and mutual respect...well...except for Trollie...he just tries to see if he can be more stupid than the day before...so far...he has been successful.
Have a good day and remember to smile at someone...even if it is only yourself.
WHAT......Epi's Extreme Zumba clas???.....You better take a before picture...because I won't be standing for the After....LOL

Maybe you can prop me up against the wall for it....I did day 2 of the workout...did the starters version....That was better for me....It still got me moving and breathing better and sweatin with OLDIES.....Oh wait.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615093 Jan 4, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
Well...aren't I a little sarcastic this morning...think I will have another cup of coffee and try this again...to not be so sarcastic I mean.
Good morning to all!
Its.......a wonderful day in the neighborhood.....

http://youtu.be/zMUGJZrR9Jg

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#615094 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is almost 0 degrees F. here.
In the Medieval Period, Hell was described as freezing and Satan was blue. Both symbolized the absence of God's "warmth".
At the moment, I wouldn't mind going there. LOLOL!

Today I was so cooking that I jumped under a fountain in town. These people were staring, so I told them it was better than waiting til I got home for a shower.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615095 Jan 4, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
Well...aren't I a little sarcastic this morning...think I will have another cup of coffee and try this again...to not be so sarcastic I mean.
Good morning to all!
Remember the other day we talked about maybe diein is like taking a jacket off.....Here is a Theory I saw this morning.....Its from Robert Lanza's book "Biocentrism"

LANZA’S THEORY OF BIOCENTRISM AND THE AFTERLIFE

Biocentrism is classed as the Theory of Everything and comes from the Greek for ‘life centre’.

It is the belief that life and biology are central to reality and that life creates the universe, not the other way round.

Lanza uses the example of the way we perceive the world around us.

A person sees a blue sky, and is told that the colour they are seeing is blue, but the cells in a person’s brain could be changed to make the sky look green or red.

Our consciousness makes sense of the world, and can be altered to change this interpretation.

By looking at the universe from a biocentric’s point of view, this also means space and time don’t behave in the hard and fast ways our consciousness tell us it does.

In summary, space and time are ‘simply tools of our mind.’

Once this theory about space and time being mental constructs is accepted, it means death and the idea of immortality exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries.

Theoretical physicists believe that there is infinite number of universes with different variations of people, and situations taking place, simultaneously.

Lanza added that everything which can possibly happen is occurring at some point across these multiverses and this means death can’t exist in ‘any real sense’ either.

Lanza, instead, said that when we die our life becomes a ‘perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse.’

I like to read how other think....It doesn't threaten my belief in GOD at all....We can all learn something from each other....I am reading a book now called "Paul and Jesus" by a man that teaches Bible Studies (30 years) up in Charlotte NC and his last name is Tabor (just started reading it last night)

Interesting....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615096 Jan 4, 2014
^^^correction....Dying not diein^^^

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615097 Jan 4, 2014
I'm going to throw out a question to Catholics here....

I read that the Pope said there is no Hell...Adam and Ever were not real.....And the Catholic Church is open to all people....Gays included....

What are you thought on it?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615098 Jan 4, 2014
^^^another correction...Adam and Eve not Adam and Ever

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615099 Jan 4, 2014
Where is the coffee????

LOL

See ya ALL.....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#615100 Jan 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Today I was so cooking that I jumped under a fountain in town. These people were staring, so I told them it was better than waiting til I got home for a shower.
Australia has been having record high temps for the last ten years, each year a new high is reached.

My sympathies to you, may you keep as cool as possible.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615101 Jan 4, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the other day we talked about maybe diein is like taking a jacket off.....Here is a Theory I saw this morning.....Its from Robert Lanza's book "Biocentrism"
LANZA’S THEORY OF BIOCENTRISM AND THE AFTERLIFE
Biocentrism is classed as the Theory of Everything and comes from the Greek for ‘life centre’.
It is the belief that life and biology are central to reality and that life creates the universe, not the other way round.
Lanza uses the example of the way we perceive the world around us.
A person sees a blue sky, and is told that the colour they are seeing is blue, but the cells in a person’s brain could be changed to make the sky look green or red.
Our consciousness makes sense of the world, and can be altered to change this interpretation.
By looking at the universe from a biocentric’s point of view, this also means space and time don’t behave in the hard and fast ways our consciousness tell us it does.
In summary, space and time are ‘simply tools of our mind.’
Once this theory about space and time being mental constructs is accepted, it means death and the idea of immortality exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries.
Theoretical physicists believe that there is infinite number of universes with different variations of people, and situations taking place, simultaneously.
Lanza added that everything which can possibly happen is occurring at some point across these multiverses and this means death can’t exist in ‘any real sense’ either.
Lanza, instead, said that when we die our life becomes a ‘perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse.’
It is interesting.

The simultaneous aspect is hard to wrap your mind around but I have heard others speak of that theory.

While I am not a true believer in reincarnation...my mind has an easier time conceptualizing the recycling of "souls". I think that most of us have had those moments when we feel as if we have some connection to the past. As if something is familiar. There are those that believe that you keep getting sent back until you get it right. If that is the case...I think I have a few more lifetimes ahead of me.

I like Lanza's theory...when we die our life becomes a ‘perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse. Something about that feels serene.
I like to read how other think....It doesn't threaten my belief in GOD at all....We can all learn something from each other....I am reading a book now called "Paul and Jesus" by a man that teaches Bible Studies (30 years) up in Charlotte NC and his last name is Tabor (just started reading it last night)
Interesting....
That's it Epi...no one should fear a different point of view if one is secure in what they believe. Who knows what causes one to believe in one way and another person to believe in a different way. Until we can learn to share those differences we will always be divided and never understand each other.

Isn't it nice to have some peaceful conversations here?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#615102 Jan 4, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its.......a wonderful day in the neighborhood.....
http://youtu.be/zMUGJZrR9Jg
That's OK. Now I know what these boys were sending up, I didn't before.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#615103 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Australia has been having record high temps for the last ten years, each year a new high is reached.
My sympathies to you, may you keep as cool as possible.
Now that IS cool! Thanks Ben.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#615104 Jan 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats on making it to the gym the other day.

I redid my workout schedule...today is my fun day...anything that I want to do...walk...hike...dance...or try something new and crazy!

I like that jumping in to the fountain...just be careful...don't want you to be posting from the county jail!

@the 1:30 mark...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615105 Jan 4, 2014
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting.
The simultaneous aspect is hard to wrap your mind around but I have heard others speak of that theory.
While I am not a true believer in reincarnation...my mind has an easier time conceptualizing the recycling of "souls". I think that most of us have had those moments when we feel as if we have some connection to the past. As if something is familiar. There are those that believe that you keep getting sent back until you get it right. If that is the case...I think I have a few more lifetimes ahead of me.
I like Lanza's theory...when we die our life becomes a ‘perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse. Something about that feels serene.
<quoted text>
That's it Epi...no one should fear a different point of view if one is secure in what they believe. Who knows what causes one to believe in one way and another person to believe in a different way. Until we can learn to share those differences we will always be divided and never understand each other.
Isn't it nice to have some peaceful conversations here?
Yes.....Yes it is

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615106 Jan 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK. Now I know what these boys were sending up, I didn't before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =z7ApyIDhaaAXX
See...You learned something new today....:-P~

I never really watched Mr Rogers....Thought he was too nice.....Gotta watch those kind

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#615107 Jan 4, 2014
AJ.....Not to take away from your post the other day about you stopping your Pity Party.....I saw this today.....LOL

"The pity party Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck it Up and Move on and crashed into We all have Problems before coming to a complete stop at Get the Heck over it. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-waaaa. This is Dr Sniffle reporting live fromQuit your Fussin.......

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#615108 Jan 4, 2014
Epiphany2 wrote:
AJ.....Not to take away from your post the other day about you stopping your Pity Party.....I saw this today.....LOL
"The pity party Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck it Up and Move on and crashed into We all have Problems before coming to a complete stop at Get the Heck over it. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-waaaa. This is Dr Sniffle reporting live fromQuit your Fussin.......
LOL
Thanks for the pep talk !

<smile>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 26,824
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 985,725
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Jake999 6,452
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Robert F 685,847
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,294
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 7 hr Red Crosse 7
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 8 hr MOGA 41
More from around the web