“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#614290 Dec 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
nonsense and blind babling\rev 7;9
quote about others,under one condition they have to be before Throne of God and obey His Mercy throne directions,
also not only christians have right to the grace,
but also those who received Grace and basic God instruction of His basic moral law
only one way exist to God through Jesus Christ,not thrpugh yoba,Buddah, Ma ha wis hnu, of Annie mamba jamba deceiving BS
she instead accept Jesus,she mock him and babling about Yoba not having any clue that Yogas have nothing to do with Buddha
bunch os sick desperate clowns and unbelievers
wish mery christmas and next day sharpen knifes to stab in the backs of those to whom sent their f.....devil woshes
~pffft
stinky, bugger eatin dork ...
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#614291 Dec 27, 2013
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
~pffft
stinky, bugger eatin dork ...
and you eat left over after shrinky dork
because you are nr 1 idiot Dorkin Dork
when you eat left over,there is some bones from buggs makes you not hungry after 1 minute,
and under plate left over some spots of my pflegm as snack sos for you

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#614293 Dec 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
Page 1515

***Ham wrote:
Hi Gang..
These are tough times for our cyber church.. Maybe it has something to with our being a new church.. I dunno..
I was listening to the Rock and the Rabbi DVD today.. My daughter has listened to it three times already.. One of the more poignant moments is when Jesus placed his arm on Peter's shoulder and said.."Follow me." This brought tears to my eyes.. Why on earth would Jesus want Peter to follow him.. A man who doubted Him.. A man who denied he even knew him three times.. Would you want someone like that to "live" with you..
God doesn’t expect everybody to be able to preach like Peter or pray like Paul. But he does expect us to use the gifts that we have been given and make use of the opportunities he sends.“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect”(I Peter 3:15).
Sharing our faith doesn’t mean long and clever arguments, loads of “proof passages,” or following some complicated methodology. Just listen to people’s stories and resonate with their fears and pain. Just tell the stories of what Jesus did for the world. Just tell the stories of what Jesus has done for you. Just say,“Come with me. There’s room for you in the House. You’ll like it here. Jesus is the best!”
I think this is what Jesus did.. I could be wrong.. There may be Scripture that denies this outlook.. But, I do think it is worth giving it a go.. Personally, I do believe that some of my most cherished memories are of the times someone shared their faith with me.. Or when they felt comfortable enough to ask me to pray for them.. In other words..they showed that they loved Jesus..
I do pray that our cyber church will survive and grow as we all follow Jesus..
If Jesus can desire a man like Peter to follow him, I am sure that we would also be welcomed..
Ham
Now it is time for me to retire for the night.. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.. I will trust in the Lord to make our day a good one.. Please Lord let this day be good..
As Tim's song showed..We do need Jesus to rescue us..
Sleep tight..
Ham

I do hope you are having a good rest Ham and come morning wake to the songbirds at your window.

When your health decided to slow you down last year -- it strengthened a virtue in you that is unmatched by many of us.

The Apostle Paul declared that christians should have a spirit of gentleness toward all people {Eph 4:32, & 2 Tim 2:24}

Lovingly Granny
So why don't christians have 'a spirit of gentleness toward all people'?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#614294 Dec 27, 2013
Hello Serah,

Thought I'd provide the link to the below post for easy reference:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Upon reading that page one can see this was quite a different place back then(2008). But some familiar "sights" that still persist(persevere )
such as Epi with the morning Word and prayer. I've read back a bit some time before, and see I came a wee bit too late, missed some fine people(did get to know Ham a little). You enjoy your day :)
Serah wrote:
Page 1515
***Ham wrote:
Hi Gang..
These are tough times for our cyber church.. Maybe it has something to with our being a new church.. I dunno..
I was listening to the Rock and the Rabbi DVD today.. My daughter has listened to it three times already.. One of the more poignant moments is when Jesus placed his arm on Peter's shoulder and said.."Follow me." This brought tears to my eyes.. Why on earth would Jesus want Peter to follow him.. A man who doubted Him.. A man who denied he even knew him three times.. Would you want someone like that to "live" with you..
God doesnt expect everybody to be able to preach like Peter or pray like Paul. But he does expect us to use the gifts that we have been given and make use of the opportunities he sends.Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect(I Peter 3:15).
Sharing our faith doesnt mean long and clever arguments, loads of proof passages, or following some complicated methodology. Just listen to peoples stories and resonate with their fears and pain. Just tell the stories of what Jesus did for the world. Just tell the stories of what Jesus has done for you. Just say,Come with me. Theres room for you in the House. Youll like it here. Jesus is the best!
I think this is what Jesus did.. I could be wrong.. There may be Scripture that denies this outlook.. But, I do think it is worth giving it a go.. Personally, I do believe that some of my most cherished memories are of the times someone shared their faith with me.. Or when they felt comfortable enough to ask me to pray for them.. In other words..they showed that they loved Jesus..
I do pray that our cyber church will survive and grow as we all follow Jesus..
If Jesus can desire a man like Peter to follow him, I am sure that we would also be welcomed..
Ham
Now it is time for me to retire for the night.. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.. I will trust in the Lord to make our day a good one.. Please Lord let this day be good..
As Tim's song showed..We do need Jesus to rescue us..
Sleep tight..
Ham
I do hope you are having a good rest Ham and come morning wake to the songbirds at your window.
When your health decided to slow you down last year -- it strengthened a virtue in you that is unmatched by many of us.
The Apostle Paul declared that christians should have a spirit of gentleness toward all people {Eph 4:32, & 2 Tim 2:24}
Lovingly Granny

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#614295 Dec 27, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Some do.
Even a few on Topix.

Have found that religious designations mean little.

What a tree names itself has nothing to do with the edibility of its fruit.
Bible True Jehovah Laws

Baltimore, MD

#614296 Dec 27, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
cipcia
because they are not true believers who worship God in Spirit and the truth
Gal 5;22-24...tell us what king of Spirit have true believers,not those fake christians,quoting Bible,and plot wickedness against others
Bible True Jehovah Laws

Baltimore, MD

#614297 Dec 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Some do.
Even a few on Topix.
benio
those who do gentelness and harsh truth
are not christians belonging to the satanic spirit of wickedness of Christianity( not gentelness of Gods Spirit,Gal 5;22-24

have good nigh my dear old boy Benio Niu Nio
in the armas of God you are still not born spiritual His baby
only embrio develop own name Benio Niu Nio

God bless you mister Niu Nio

Location hidden

#614298 Dec 27, 2013
Bible True Jehovah Laws wrote:
<quoted text>cipcia
because they are not true believers who worship God in Spirit and the truth
Gal 5;22-24...tell us what king of Spirit have true believers,not those fake christians,quoting Bible,and plot wickedness against others
I am unaccustomed to you making any kind of sense. Quit it Doc!
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#614299 Dec 27, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I am unaccustomed to you making any kind of sense. Quit it Doc!
because you are spiritualy dead and blind like poor rat in the local RCC church basement,
world call us chosen ones as stupid ones,worthless, and most hated humans on this planet?
so Siu Siu,
go take leak and go sleep
dumb always be dumb from birthday,adulthood and death- you are one of these dumb butts

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#614300 Dec 27, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautifully written and I agree to some extent. I see what goes on here though and it's not so different to the out of the net world.
It would be nice if people didn't need to segregate themselves into groups but they do and like I've said before, I do love to learn.
As for my zen, it's all good ;)
Unfortunately, the vast majority of the Christians are brainwashed to hate all those who believe differently than they do.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#614301 Dec 27, 2013
Small Talkers wrote:
If Jesus had been a god, and a good one, he wouldn't have had anything to do with Yahweh. He would have seen the error in judging one's own creation for the flaws he installed in them. He wouldn't have been a part of a system where people are either rewarded or punished eternally for their acceptance or rejection of a single belief, especially one that requires faith to accept. He would have rejected most of the moral pronouncements of the Old Testament, and replaced it with an ethical methodology based on a concern for the well being of sentient lifeforms. He wouldn't have demanded belief, and he wouldn't have needed any. He would have given the world something useful that only a god could have provided, instead of what was actually attributed to him; words, most of which were not unique or original.
If Jesus had been a god, and a smart one, he would have known that humans would figure out how foolish it is to believe extraordinary claims without supporting evidence. He would have spread his message in the clearest possible language, and he would have returned periodically to maintain the purity of that message. He would have known that any eternal conscious existence would eventually become torturous. He would have known how damaging religion and faith is.
If Jesus had been a god, I'd have asked him why he so closely resembled a mythical construct typical of the time and place where he supposedly lived. Why didn't he try to be better than the limited imaginations of those few men?
And if Jesus were a god, he would not have to study the writings/scriptures of himself to learn about himself. These Christians have a blind spot for THAT glaring indication he was not even a divine entity, let alone a "god".

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#614302 Dec 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In some sects of Early Christianity, there was a belief in Jesus being a Good God and YHWY being an Evil God. It is also a doctrine of Zoroastrianism (which Judaism and Christianity borrowed heavily from)
So is that where the good cop, bad cop, routine came from?

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#614303 Dec 27, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most are fakes and frauds with nothing but evil souls, who only use Christianity to cloak their evil actions in self serving self righteousness.

All the most evil people I have ever met so far, have claimed to be "true" holier than thou "christians".

Location hidden

#614304 Dec 27, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, the vast majority of the Christians are brainwashed to hate all those who believe differently than they do.
Yeah. That is very true.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#614305 Dec 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Some do.
Even a few on Topix.
Or in general, that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

I don't look at denomination labels as I once did to get a "gauge" of possible "character", I engage to see what manifests.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#614306 Dec 27, 2013
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the vast majority of the Christians are brainwashed to hate all those who believe differently than they do.
Hello Seen, thought I might see you here, what gave me that hunch<smiles>

There is >some< truth , unfortunately, to your statement. Wouldn't go as far as claiming "majority" , but some individually/denominationally exude an exclusivity and haughtiness - really the root is a prideful spirit.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#614307 Dec 27, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Or in general, that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree ;)
I don't look at denomination labels as I once did to get a "gauge" of possible "character", I engage to see what manifests.
"Real sheep don't bite like wolves." - Me 10:21

Location hidden

#614308 Dec 27, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>Or in general, that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

Same. I engage and have done so countless times.

The numbers don't look so good.

Location hidden

#614309 Dec 27, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Seen, thought I might see you here, what gave me that hunch<smiles>

There is >some< truth , unfortunately, to your statement. Wouldn't go as far as claiming "majority" , but some individually/denominationally exude an exclusivity and haughtiness - really the root is a prideful spirit.
I would go so far as claiming "majority".

Most definitely.

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#614310 Dec 27, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Seen, thought I might see you here, what gave me that hunch<smiles>
From my first hand experience, I'm most definitely sticking with my statement of:

"the vast majority of the Christians are brainwashed to hate all those who believe differently than they do."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min karl44 586,499
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 831,509
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min curtjester1 40,218
Courtroom victim??? 1 hr Protester 2
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 1 hr Cool guy 298 239
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 443,004
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 3,738
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Theswamiji 6,453
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Tony17 99,363
More from around the web