“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#613933 Dec 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL No you don't!
BEHAVE!
Would be better to hope that he finds the peace that will fill his day with happiness!
LOL
Don't take Karl personally...he likes me but doesn't respect me...
I would prefer that he respects me despite our differences...but oh well...I will carry on...
I was just kiddin....(kind of)....I think he is the kind that the more you disrespect him...the more he like it...He doesn't like "niceness".....He thinks people are weak if they are nice...Just my opinion....I may be wrong...He might be the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet off of Topix....

:-P~

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Orlando, FL

#613934 Dec 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@Trollie/Trollette/Whichever you happen to be today...
I haven't forgotten about your exercise class...I just want to do my morning stretches first.
I will be back later...in the meantime...warmup a little...you should never exercise without first warming up...I am bad about that...I am trying to do better.
Oh...and wear proper clothing this time...try spandex...it will allow you to move freely...
Pampers training pants ...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#613935 Dec 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just kiddin....(kind of)....I think he is the kind that the more you disrespect him...the more he like it...He doesn't like "niceness".....He thinks people are weak if they are nice...Just my opinion....I may be wrong...He might be the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet off of Topix....
:-P~
Yea...I know. I am trying however to find my "zen" for the new year.

Yesterday I started learning Tai Chi. Ya gotta be in the right frame of mind for that.

Yesterday I learned the warm-up...today I am learning...the "Wild Horse Running" move...I think that's what its called! I'll have to check.

I think maybe Karl could use a little "zen"! LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#613936 Dec 23, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's nothing like what I walked into a year ago, in WINLAC anyway.
By the time I came here it was just arguments peppered with platitudes.
Oh...that conversation was held probably while someone else was calling me demoniac or daughter of satan! LOL

I just won't get in to any long drawn out arguments again. I did once a couple of years ago...no one "won"...both sides...IMO...lost. It was not worth the time out of my life.

Luci...I don't know what happened on Facebook...or what transpired between you and those that at one time you call "friend". I don't really want to know. I just think you have to determine if it is worth it to you to hold the animosity.

For me...it never is...I guess I have learned that over the years...I only want peace in my life.

I like a good conversation...discussing differences...other view points. That is hard to find in a medium such as Topix.

There was a time that you and I had major differences...our exchanges were not alway pleasant. We seem to have found a way to move past them...for that I am grateful.

My best advice...for what little it is worth...state your opinion...speak what is on your mind...don't worry if others agree or not...be friends with whom you choose.

Not trying to interfere...just would like to see you happier...not worrying what others think. They will get over it...at least you and I did.

I hope that you and your boys have a great holiday...no matter how you celebrate it...or even if you don't.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#613937 Dec 23, 2013
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>Pampers training pants ...
I am hoping through exercise...he will have a little more control...over his bodily functions.

We have a long way to go...obviously...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#613938 Dec 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there was the time Shrinky walked into a pigsty. The pigs were so appalled by his filth and smell, that they all ran out squealing.
'"On an evening in October, I'll confess I wasn't sober,
I was carting home a load with manly pride,
When my feet began to stutter and I fell into the gutter,
And a pig came up and lay down by my side.
Then I lay there in the gutter and my heart was all a-flutter,
Till a lady, passing by, did chance to say:
"You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses,"
And the pig got up and slowly walked away..."

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#613939 Dec 23, 2013
Okay Trollie/Trollette....

Sit up tall in your chair...feet flat on the floor...no slumping...

Today we are going to start with your leg marches...1 set of 10

Now that you have completed your first set...on to leg extensions...

If you are able raise your right leg slightly...extend your leg straight out in front...if you can't get it straight...extend it as high as possible...

Repeat for 10 times with the right leg then do the same for the left.

Okay...back to the leg marches...do another set of 10 (10 on each leg T/T...(no cheating)...make sure that you are sitting up straight (no slumping).

Once you complete your leg marches...go straight back in to the leg extensions (doing 10 on each side).

You have now completed your work out for today.

As a reminder...always check with your doctor...I am not a trained medical person...I take no responsibility if you get your legs tied in knots behind your head.

Your tip for the day...practice breathing...inhale...letting your shoulders rise up close to your ears...exhale...releasing your shoulders to a relaxed position. This will help you release all the toxins from your body...you might have to do this a lot...before you clean yourself out.

If you get rid of all those toxins...maybe you won't fart so much.

Have a great day Trollie/Trollete/Whichever you are today!

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#613940 Dec 23, 2013
Merry blessed Christmas to each if you and your families.

(((((((Everyone)))))))))

If there WAS no Jesus, there would BE no Christmas~

Some things are true- even when YOU don't believe in them (c:

Prayer that each of you explore your heart ans ponder on this.
Have a Blessed and joyous Christmas season~

Love, Deb~

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#613941 Dec 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
*^*^*^*^*^
Today's Prayer
Father, Christmas is the season that brings people to focus on Christ. Please anoint me and guide me to a special opportunity to share Christ with someone this Christmas. Give me boldness and peace; the right words, the right actions. Speak through me; minister through me to someone who needs to know you. May I be a part of your touch in someone's life. To the glory of Jesus and in his name, Amen.
Prime Time with God
*^*^*^*^*^
Amen -
THAT's THE stuff -RIGHT there-

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#613942 Dec 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>If the Lord God isn't REAL, why is your mother a woman, and your father, a man?
If God is real how come your mother has a bigger dick than your father?

Location hidden

#613943 Dec 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>If the Lord Jesus Christ isn't responsible for you having a brain, then where did your brain come from? And exploding rock in outerspace?? Where did that exploding rock from??
Not an exploding rock an exploding star, a supernova.

Where did God come from?

Location hidden

#613944 Dec 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people believe this parable is about ...[snipped]
No one cares what most people believe.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#613945 Dec 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are playing word games again. I didn't ask if you believe it. I asked if you believe anything Jesus taught applies to you. You said most of what He taught was only for the Jews. So what were the other parts that apply to everyone and where does it say anywhere in the Bible that Gentiles don't have to follow the teachings of Jesus?
He not only said He would send the Holy Spirit to remind us of what He taught but He told His disciples to baptize all nations and make sure they obey all he taught. And even Paul says we must obey the gospel of Christ. Not just believe but obey. And told the Romans that we avoided severity and on us fell goodness and we must remain in that goodness otherwise we also will be cut off. Christ says we remain in Him by obeying what he taught and said twice that one must obey the commandments to be saved.
So if you believe that, why don't you think it applies to you? What verses tell you that? How many times are you gonna avoid answering? I would think something as important as the Gentiles not having to obey Christ would be something you would want to show people. If you are correct and I have it wrong then the Christian thing would be to correct me using scripture. Not your personal beliefs but where in the Bible you found out Christ's teachings don't apply to us.
It still wouldn't explain the verses by Paul that tell us we can also be cut off or not to receive grace in vain or that we are saved only IF we keep in memory what we were taught or that we must finish the race or that if we endure God will endure with us but if we disown Him that He will disown us. But at least it would explain why Christians don't have to obey the teachings of Jesus like He told us.
You know exactly what you are being asked. Yet you avoid and avoid and avoid. Why? If you believe what you claim then show where specifically in the Bible you learned it
skom - "...that we avoided severity and on us fell goodness and we must remain in that goodness"

i got news for you pal - THERE IS NO 'GOODNESS' OUTSIDE OF GOD'S GOODNESS!!!

"why call Me "good"? there is none good but God" Jesus

Location hidden

#613946 Dec 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
To me- The gospel message is out of love and hope-- Jesus words tell us this.
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me."

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters  yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

JESUS: Matt. 10:34, NIV "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

GOD: Ex. 32:27 ("Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor")

Micah 1:12, "...evil came down from the Lord ...."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#613947 Dec 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
No I don't think knowing the scriptures is what saves me
But it does help to know then so we can see what Jesus taught we must do in order for Him to have mercy on us so we can enter life
But I agree if someone isn't going to obey the gospel Christ taught, a gospel reaffirmed in James, Peter, Hebrews, and the letters of Paul then there would be no reason to learn them.
What is it you testify to concerning Christ? You say He saves yet you don't believe anything He taught, including what He taught about salvation, applies to you.
Since the words of Jesus didn't convince you, what did? And do you think the teachings of Jesus still apply to the Jews? Or do you think Jesus spent His life teachings things that He knew wouldn't apply after the Resserection? And then promised to send the Spirit to remind the Jews what He taught even though His teachings don't apply anymore? Because its that or His teachings still only apply to the Jews, in which case not only His death never would have been needed but Paul would be wrong about salvation being the same for everyone and Jesus would require His chosen people to obey His teachings but decided the Gentiles can ignore His teachings.
Can you at least tell me that much, whether the teachings of Christ still apply to anyone?
ALL OF THE BIBLE ARE THE WORDS OF CHRIST ("you search the scriptures....and they are those which speak of Me..." Jesus), but they need to be "rightly divided" as Paul says, and there is a clear division between the old and new covenants:)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#613948 Dec 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lions are a better team
They need to win this game to have any chance to make the playoffs
The Giants are already out of the playoffs
The Lions should be playing their best game of the season
So....probably the Giants
~sigh
:)
LOL........ Good call..........

Theres just WAYYY to much talent on that team to not make the playoffs in a year when Rodgers goes down, Cutler goes down and the Bears have absolutely no defense, and, well, the Vikings are the Vikings..........

You think they'll keep the coaches?

#613949 Dec 23, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Be glad it doesn't karl. Because if it did none of your posts would be read.
LOL, no doubt........

#613950 Dec 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>MY point about Detroit was more to say there is more to it than just the bad reputation it has with some people
There are some cool things in the city and some cool people. There are a lot of historical landmarks and there is still the zoo and the science center and people that have stayed in the city because they love it
But at the same time people have to be realistic about it.
And with Detroit, there is always next year. That is pretty much their slogan!
Well, gotta get some ZZZ's
(T) Peace
Not to mention the Motor City Madman

I saw him at the Iowa Jam in 1980 I believe it was. Fantastic!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#613951 Dec 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
No I don't think knowing the scriptures is what saves me
But it does help to know then so we can see what Jesus taught we must do in order for Him to have mercy on us so we can enter life
But I agree if someone isn't going to obey the gospel Christ taught, a gospel reaffirmed in James, Peter, Hebrews, and the letters of Paul then there would be no reason to learn them.
What is it you testify to concerning Christ? You say He saves yet you don't believe anything He taught, including what He taught about salvation, applies to you.
Since the words of Jesus didn't convince you, what did? And do you think the teachings of Jesus still apply to the Jews? Or do you think Jesus spent His life teachings things that He knew wouldn't apply after the Resserection? And then promised to send the Spirit to remind the Jews what He taught even though His teachings don't apply anymore? Because its that or His teachings still only apply to the Jews, in which case not only His death never would have been needed but Paul would be wrong about salvation being the same for everyone and Jesus would require His chosen people to obey His teachings but decided the Gentiles can ignore His teachings.
Can you at least tell me that much, whether the teachings of Christ still apply to anyone?
also, scripture says "Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience" heb 4:11

NOT entering the rest found in trusting the righteousness of Christ is considered "disobedience" to the faith.

why are you disobedient to the faith by striving to be obedient to the law? in doing so, there is no longer a Sacrifice for your sins, but just a fearful expectation of judgement....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#613952 Dec 23, 2013
positronium wrote:
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose that was one of his flaws that he couldn't stand...
Almost all of my fellow humans are solid believers as are my many brothers.<quoted text>Neither. We were talking about those that believe in god,(a god.)
really??? even the devils believe in God, but they still have reason to tremble at the thought of Him! my God revealed Himself through His Son, Jesus The Christ, and Jesus called all other 'gods' thiefs and liars......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min bad bob 184,763
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min PadMark 675,757
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min bad bob 128
Something you hope your husband never finds out 24 min Crazy Guy 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Eye no u 445,796
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,102
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr andet1987 6,231
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Aura Mytha 110,398
More from around the web