Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#613605 Dec 19, 2013
esoranie wrote:
God's mercy and love to human is endless... We are not worthy of his love but he still love us and bless us. To show our love back to God, all he wanted is to follow him because following him will bring peace in our lives. John 14:15 - If you love me, keep my commandments.
"When a black cat crosses your path, it signifies that the animal is going somewhere."

- Someone who could be named John as well.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#613606 Dec 19, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
God made it available 'through" Jesus. Just like God made it available through goats and sheep for the preceding centuries before Jesus was even born.
Jesus has no more 'God powers' than anyone else. He even said so 'you all shall do this and more' as well as 'To prove that mankind has the power to forgive sins...pick up your bed and walk..'
However, one can also cite Psalm 82 as "proof" that some (or all) humans are Gods.
Sorry, Jack. I don't accept 1700 years of Church dogma and doctrine as "The Word of God." I was given the freewill to pick my own cherries. LOL
If they're Bing, I'll take some :)

Hmm...the Jew do know their Torah, don't they <smiles>

I think those most learned Scribes and Pharisees understood the impute of what Jesus was implying:

" And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic,“Son, your sins are forgiven.” Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts,“Why does this man speak like that? He is blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”(Mark 2:5-7)

Naw , they must have been the bottom of their class in Torah 101(LOL)

But to continue:

"And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them,“Why do you question these things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic,‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say,‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the paralytic—“I say to you, rise, pick up your bed, and go home.”(Mark 2:8-11)

The 'symphony' of Daniel may have played in the backs of their minds:

"I saw in the night visions,

and behold, with the clouds of heaven
there came one like a son of man,
and he came to the Ancient of Days
and was presented before him.
And to him was given dominion
and glory and a kingdom,
that all peoples, nations, and languages
should serve him;
his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
which shall not pass away,
and his kingdom one
that shall not be destroyed."
(Daniel 7:13,14)

Just an interesting note, "coming with clouds"(riding clouds of heaven,ect) was a Hebrew euphemism for God's impending judgment.

...I'll settle for some Maraschino's though :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#613607 Dec 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought he had already passed away.?
Harold Camping proved to me the power greed has over mind and
heart manipulation in our world today.
What a crazy ride that was!
Is his radio show still on air?
-pls don't post link if it is.
Hello Le le,

Hope you and yours are well, and holiday greetings to all.

It did seem like he was already gone, he suffered a stroke not long after the failed prediction, and was limited in what he could do on radio. Family Radio is in dire financial straits, having sold off 3 of their largest stations in N.Y. and California- the bottom fell out on donations, and no surprise there. Some within want to reform it, others to remain "faithful" to Camping's teachings. Some even have split off to form own groups(don't know if any have set dates recently-LOL)

I'd personally like to see the station go back to some old programming , pre-Camping's esoteric rantings. It at one time had some solid ministries airing, as well as book readings and news. A shame a man's pride drug it all through the gutter.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#613609 Dec 19, 2013
Place really HAS slowed down... must be about me day,

A Great Day to All...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613610 Dec 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet another one stating the conclusion as part of the premise.
You got "Jesus" in in the fifth word of your first sentence.
Fail.
I wasn't stating my conclusion in the premise

I was answering a question in the affirmative that was posed to me

Sorry 'teach' but what does this have to do with you again?

Oh....right

:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#613611 Dec 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you believe there's people who, in the name of God,
do all sorts of wrongs on our society?
They cry His name - and yet abuse His children.
Not sure what post you are referring to here.
I certainly
see (and have witnessed myself)
the abuse of a misinterpreted "power" (righteousness)
some here on wsjlm (and of course in the RW)believe to have concerning God.
Hope and Mercy never fade.
One of the reasons I refuse to forfeit my voice. No matter how
small it may be.
I think it goes beyond the "religious"...all of mankind...regardless of what they believe...

All too often we see the results of greed...the need for power, control, money...the need to feel as if one is better than someone else...cause us to forget that one is not better than the other.

Where I find fault...is one invokes the name of God to degrade those that believe differently...justifies it through faith....claims that it is his right....that he is "righteous"...someho w "God-like" in his actions...etc etc!

There is no justification for treating others as if they are not human beings...

I knew that I shouldn't have read here this morning...think I will go workout...clean house...maybe try to find something to read that reinforces that the world is big enough for us all...even if we do believe differently.

@Troll...I know that you will have something derogatory to say to me...my words to you...don't slide down a telephone pole without your underwear and pants on...you might get a splinter. Good luck with finding someone to remove it for ya!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613612 Dec 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"In the Bible"?
Why?
And which version?
Are you doubling as 'sup?

Because I am curious how this has anything to do with you again and why you would be asking questions in response to questions I posed to 'sup?

But if you want to play the role of 'sup so badly (maybe you have always admired him from afar?) I guess I will pretend like you are Waasssuuup if you want

Well "Sup as to your first question of why, it is because you answered "In the Bible". But the reasonable thing to do is to provide the verses themselves otherwise the answer tends to lose credibility. It's like telling someone a fact about history that they have not heard and doubt and saying "oh its in this history book" but refusing to tell them what page. When we source or reference things it is standard that we allow the person to go right to the direct source.

And as for your question "which version" that seems like an odd question for a believer. Oh right, sorry 'sup, forgot mac was playing you. And of the major translations will be fine

If you have any more questions mac/'sup, just let me know

:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#613613 Dec 19, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
"When a black cat crosses your path, it signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
- Someone who could be named John as well.
Or Groucho...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613614 Dec 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you believe there's people who, in the name of God,
do all sorts of wrongs on our society?
They cry His name - and yet abuse His children.
You are clearly making inferences again to children being molested by priests/pastors

Why would you ask someone "would they believe?" Do you think they have never heard of such a thing? Or did you simply need a pretend excuse to bring it up seeing it has absolutely nothing to do with the post you replied to

It is nice to see you use some subtlety from when you accused people of allowing pedophiles to abuse children. But you are still you. As is the reason you brought it up.
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I do wonder ,and worry, at times...
I know this place has a certain draw to it , yet---.
LOL, yeah I am sure you spend many an hour worrying!
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
, to claim yourself as
the only voice to be heard >or else< is quite boring.. lol.
Nobody has done that. Nor has anyone tried to silence your voice like you claimed once again. You are quite insane!
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering "who" you are supposed to be now.
I see you are being accused of changing your identity.
Not my business either way- just curious -
if you
feel like sharing.
.
Your posts pretending to be civil are more transparent than your ones that come after closing time

Same ol LeLe

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#613615 Dec 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't stating my conclusion in the premise
I was answering a question in the affirmative that was posed to me
Sorry 'teach' but what does this have to do with you again?
Oh....right
:)
Yes, you were.

And if you wanna have a private conversation, don't try it on a public forum.

Sensitive little thing, aren't you?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#613616 Dec 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I have. I believe everything He taught and the Promise He made to save me.
You know when this first came up you tried to turn a post of mine into claiming I was saying man could earn His own salvation. I told you I wasn't saying that at all and was only saying someone could have thought actions matter without salvation even being part of their thought process but rather because it is the right thing to do. But you didn't wanna let it go, saying anyone that would think that wouldn't be a "real Christian" and claimed they must think there is some sliding scale with sins.
So I provided scripture that shows actions do matter but I believed it is talking about an overall mindset and referring to those who turn their back on Jesus and His ways. Then you still wanted to press it and be a smart ass about how you made a new friend and how people need to understand the Bible. So here we are.
How ironic that you went from lecturing people that they need to read the words of Jesus direct from the gospels to claiming none of what Jesus says applies to us. I do trust Christ. I also believe Him and His teachings and trust He taught us for a reason and that was the reasons He gave. Why do you not trust that Jesus taught the truth? Was Jesus trying to lead others astray? Or was He just not smart enough to know His teachings wouldn't apply after the Resurrection and sent the Holy Spirit to remind us of things that no longer apply and told His disciples make sure all baptized nations obey His teachings because He didn't understand His own Sacrifice?
"...claiming I was saying man could earn His own salvation"

well let me go further to say that man cannot earn his keep in God either, which includes favor, sanctification, acceptance. answered prayer...etc.

i'm just baffled that you're opposing me for promoting Christ and His Sacrifice over our own efforts. it kinda reminds me of how Cain treated Abel.....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613617 Dec 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Stevie, actually, my reference concerning "mere man" was in response to Duane's Jesus just being a "righteous man... made forgiveness available to all mankind". My focus is on God's ability - and His alone..to pro-offer forgiveness (and thereby salvation), therefor if Jesus "made forgiveness available" then...
John 20:23 is a verse used to uphold priestly absolution by some, whereby confession is made to a man as a "conduit" to God - that wasn't my reference(nor do I hold to such). I was thinking in line with -
"For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"(1Timothy 2:5)
Eyes heavy, we can pick up later if ya want my friend, have a good night :)
I see what you are saying now

Gotcha

Yeah I agree, he could not forgive sins as a mere man. Under any interpretation He would have had to have some sort of special dispensation from God

Matthew 9
5 For which is easier: to say,‘Thy sins be forgiven thee,’ or to say,‘Arise and walk’?

6 But that ye may know that the Son of Man hath power on earth to forgive sins,”—(then said He to the one sick with palsy)“Arise, take up thy bed and go unto thine house.”

P.S.

I personally think for John 20:23 that people mistakenly have assumed that power direct in today's age. I think unless Jesus tells someone they have the authority, they do not. And if it applied to any disciple then all believers would be able. I think this is an example of the church claiming power it does not have. Unless they take the position that they are emrely allowing themselves to be the "other" as in

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed

But i think most way overstep that line

Anyway, just some thoughts on the matter

(T) Peace

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#613618 Dec 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ironic. Some of the real vile garbage on Topix thinks they are justified by faith. The Vikings and what have you. Yet the guy who keeps going back to the real slimy stuff he knows is untrue is a supposed Harvard lawyer who likes to tell everyone how civil and decent he is. What's your rationalization counselor?
and perhaps the most vile of all things is the 'christian' who thinks that offering up his bowl of vegetables, if you will, is more righteous than trusting completely in the Blood Sacrifice!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613619 Dec 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"...claiming I was saying man could earn His own salvation"
well let me go further to say that man cannot earn his keep in God either, which includes favor, sanctification, acceptance. answered prayer...etc.
i'm just baffled that you're opposing me for promoting Christ and His Sacrifice over our own efforts. it kinda reminds me of how Cain treated Abel.....
I realize you have very limited Bible references Sup but I am not treating you Abel! LOL

And you really think I am going to allow you to go full circle and take the original statement which you misunderstood to use as if it was said and start from the very beginning again when you have refused to answer any questions and continue to be dishonest both by what you say I have said and by refusing to give verses?

1) Why do you believe the teachings of Jesus Christ do not apply to the Gentiles when Jesus specifically said otherwise? That His disciples were to baptize all nations and ensure they obey His teachings and He said this AFTER the Sacrifice and Resurrection in Matthew 28:19-20? And when neither Jesus or Paul ever say this and in fact both say the opposite. Paul says you must obey the gospel of Christ and Jesus says He will send the Holy Spirit to remind us of all He has taught us.

2) And do you believe anything Jesus said about salvation applies to you?

That is where we left off. We have been stuck on these same questions for days now as you refuse to answer. Why that is has been painfully obvious. I guess when someone goes running around Topix telling people who is a "real Christian" and to read the words of Jesus direct from the gospels it would help if...well, you know...if they actually knew the gospels and followed them themselves. But hubris and religion are often intertwined unfortunately.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613620 Dec 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
and perhaps the most vile of all things is the 'christian' who thinks that offering up his bowl of vegetables, if you will, is more righteous than trusting completely in the Blood Sacrifice!
Um...nobody has said that or suggested anything of the sort

And I do trust in the blood sacrifice. Just like I trust Jesus Christ and the Bible when it explains how we fall under the Sacrifice and under what circumstances we would no longer be covered by it

Why is it you doubt the Bible so much yet pretend to preach it? It has gotten to the point where you won't come anywhere near scripture for fear it will just reveal how little you know about it.

A little late for that

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613621 Dec 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you were.
And if you wanna have a private conversation, don't try it on a public forum.
Sensitive little thing, aren't you?
LOL

Oh mac

You are one of the most effeminate 'guys' I know so you can be sure I am not overly sensitive to your transparent attempts at gallantry. You have played the fool for quite some time on Topix in this specific instance

And it has nothing to do with it being a private conversation. But responding with questions to questions posed to someone else based specifically on something that has to do with that person is just goofy

I know you are desperate for a pretense to start something mac. I will try not too embarrass you too much if you want to keep going. Otherwise I will go back to ignoring you. Which is what I do until you try to start fights.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#613622 Dec 19, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
"When a black cat crosses your path, it signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
- Someone who could be named John as well.
What if it's a calico?

Or a tabby?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#613625 Dec 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I realize you have very limited Bible references Sup but I am not treating you Abel! LOL
And you really think I am going to allow you to go full circle and take the original statement which you misunderstood to use as if it was said and start from the very beginning again when you have refused to answer any questions and continue to be dishonest both by what you say I have said and by refusing to give verses?
1) Why do you believe the teachings of Jesus Christ do not apply to the Gentiles when Jesus specifically said otherwise? That His disciples were to baptize all nations and ensure they obey His teachings and He said this AFTER the Sacrifice and Resurrection in Matthew 28:19-20? And when neither Jesus or Paul ever say this and in fact both say the opposite. Paul says you must obey the gospel of Christ and Jesus says He will send the Holy Spirit to remind us of all He has taught us.
2) And do you believe anything Jesus said about salvation applies to you?
That is where we left off. We have been stuck on these same questions for days now as you refuse to answer. Why that is has been painfully obvious. I guess when someone goes running around Topix telling people who is a "real Christian" and to read the words of Jesus direct from the gospels it would help if...well, you know...if they actually knew the gospels and followed them themselves. But hubris and religion are often intertwined unfortunately.
I BELIEVE ALL OF IT - but i must say that it's very revealing that you're accusing me of rejecting goodness and morality just cuz i trust in the righteousness of Christ more than mine or yours! isn't that what everyone accused Jesus and Paul of? "behold a wine-bibber and glutton, friend of samaritans, sinners, gentiles...etc"

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#613626 Dec 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Um...nobody has said that or suggested anything of the sort
And I do trust in the blood sacrifice. Just like I trust Jesus Christ and the Bible when it explains how we fall under the Sacrifice and under what circumstances we would no longer be covered by it
Why is it you doubt the Bible so much yet pretend to preach it? It has gotten to the point where you won't come anywhere near scripture for fear it will just reveal how little you know about it.
A little late for that
you blaptists and such LOVE to quote scriptures cuz in so doing you think you have eternal life, but they are those which testify of Christ...and me, hidden within His righteousness...:-)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#613627 Dec 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>....
Yeah I agree, he could not forgive sins as a mere man. Under any interpretation He would have had to have some sort of special dispensation from God...
The Levites were granted the power to forgive sins. IMHO all Jesus said is that any human has the same power as the Levites.

It should be noted that Levites, Jesus and all humans are only 'vehicles' for Gd's blessings (and curses).

If a Pharisee can 'declare' someone forgiven by God, So could Jesus or anyone else. They don't have to be God made flesh.

"Son of Man" (Ben'Adam) is used throughout the Hebrew Scriptures to indicate a :righteous person" (singular) or All Mankind (plural).

Several people are given the title of Ben'Adam through out the Hebrew Scriptures. It does not mean "God", "Messiah" or anything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min RoSesz 603,263
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 879,236
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 272,893
http://www.muscatmassage-service.com/ call us ... (Jan '15) 24 min Jake 3
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 27 min Blackhawk 88
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 1 hr Keny 492
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 8,064
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr feces for jesus 3,850
More from around the web