Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#613572 Dec 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Most things have an innate survival instinct. It is often hindered by their intelligence though. But the important thing is he thinks it is convincing:)
Good to see ya John
LOL!

To paraphrase a quote concerning British Empire :

"The sun never sets on Shrinky's trolling"

Never seems to be a moment he(it) isn't leaving a stain somewhere in Topixland ;)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613573 Dec 18, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds somewhat loosely like the historicism method of Biblical interpretation.
Jesus coming as Moshe Dayan? Maybe more likely Roman legions ;)
...and those Roman legions were very effective at ending the sacrifices , and the Temple - for that matter <Big Smile>
Problem - if only YHWH can forgive sins, how can a mere man, even righteous, offer such to mankind out of whole cloth?
Blood of bulls and goats only 'covered', but didn't "..take away the sins of the world.."
Naw, I'm more of a heretic - I don't believe Tim Lahaye...
:)
I believe man can not make the offer unless he has been given the authority direct

John 20:23
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Otherwise all he can do is forgive transgressions upon himself but the sin itself must be forgiven by God. But by doing the former we can witness to the latter:

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

But I agree we have to be careful not to cross the line between spreading God's Word and thinking we can speak for Him. Man's hubris has always limited him IMO. It doesn't surprise me when it even comes into play with spiritual matters. It is something everyone needs to guard against to try to ensure we are not creating our own 'spirit' to affirm what we want to believe.

JMO

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#613574 Dec 18, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
To paraphrase a quote concerning British Empire :
"The sun never sets on Shrinky's trolling"
Never seems to be a moment he(it) isn't leaving a stain somewhere in Topixland ;)
Heh

http://youtu.be/pRmChG3Jf_Q

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#613575 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Christianity is based on the resurrection of Jesus, Islams don't even believe He died.
Muslims reject the Trinity, they believe Jesus is neither God, nor Son of God, but Jesus was a human prophet and not divine.
Muslims consider Mohammad a prophet from God, Christians don't.
Muslims believe there is nothing divine about Jesus being called son of God and that Jesus should not be worshiped.
The Quran says Jesus did not die on the cross.
There are more difference, but I think you get the point of your error.
same god
same immorality
same hubris
same
\

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#613576 Dec 18, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds somewhat loosely like the historicism method of Biblical interpretation.
Jesus coming as Moshe Dayan? Maybe more likely Roman legions ;)
...and those Roman legions were very effective at ending the sacrifices , and the Temple - for that matter <Big Smile>
Problem - if only YHWH can forgive sins, how can a mere man, even righteous, offer such to mankind out of whole cloth?
Blood of bulls and goats only 'covered', but didn't "..take away the sins of the world.."
Naw, I'm more of a heretic - I don't believe Tim Lahaye...
A single human is much more precious than a million goats and sheep, isn't it ?
All the sins of Mankind were paid for as soon as He was handed over to Pilate. Then again, Leviticus could be just a bunch of malarkey. It is undeniable that shortly following the death of Jesus the Temple was destroyed ending all sacrifices there.

I see no need for Jesus to be any more than he claimed to be in the gospels, a righteous man, a prophet and a child of God. In that sense we CAN all be "Christlike" and have no excuse not to be. It is my belief that finding excuses not to be "Christlike" is the greatest sin (the unforgivable blasphemy of the Spirit of God"... The Spirit of God which was breathed into all mankind nit just a select few.

Sorry for the mix of Jewish and Christian terms.

I think the message of Jesus was for us to live up to our potential as creatures created in the image of God instead of being the unclean animals we tend far too often to become.

Just my thoughts. I don't speak for God.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#613577 Dec 18, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."
(Romans 10:17)
“Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it.
Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil. And when the sun rose, it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away.
Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain.
And other seeds fell into good soil and produced grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”
And he said,“He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”(Mark4:3-9)
He tells what we Need to hear :)
I agree, it is why I think so many "believers" reject so much of what Jesus taught.

Jesus said "do this" and I honestly say "I am not able to do that yet." while others seem to say "I don't have to do that because I was told I don't have to by men who claim the authority of God ".

I will take the safer route, I do not believe such 'loopholes' work with God. Others are free to take the chance of second guessing Jesus..

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#613578 Dec 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>same god
same immorality
same hubris
same
\
yep

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#613579 Dec 18, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
"Nature of God in Christ"
This is a phrase that I read in a previous post...the poster claims to have the "Nature of God in Christ".
Does anyone here really believe that it is in God's nature to ask a lesbian if he can watch her go down on her girl friend or to ask a woman if she shaves her landing strip?
IMO...the poster has changed God's nature to fit his own. Sounds more like two sex craved maniacs hanging out at the local dive trying to pick up women...and they are not having much luck.
Would you believe there's people who, in the name of God,
do all sorts of wrongs on our society?
They cry His name - and yet abuse His children.

Not sure what post you are referring to here.
I certainly
see (and have witnessed myself)
the abuse of a misinterpreted "power" (righteousness)
some here on wsjlm (and of course in the RW)believe to have concerning God.

Hope and Mercy never fade.

One of the reasons I refuse to forfeit my voice. No matter how
small it may be.

Location hidden

#613581 Dec 18, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry. It must suck not to have a life away from here.
Merry Xmas.
I do wonder ,and worry, at times...

I know this place has a certain draw to it , yet---
, to claim yourself as
the only voice to be heard >or else< is quite boring.. lol.

I'm wondering "who" you are supposed to be now.
I see you are being accused of changing your identity.
Not my business either way- just curious -
if you
feel like sharing.

Merry holidays and Peace to you.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#613582 Dec 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I believe man can not make the offer unless he has been given the authority direct
John 20:23
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
Otherwise all he can do is forgive transgressions upon himself but the sin itself must be forgiven by God. But by doing the former we can witness to the latter:
Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
But I agree we have to be careful not to cross the line between spreading God's Word and thinking we can speak for Him. Man's hubris has always limited him IMO. It doesn't surprise me when it even comes into play with spiritual matters. It is something everyone needs to guard against to try to ensure we are not creating our own 'spirit' to affirm what we want to believe.
JMO
(T) Peace
Hiya Stevie, actually, my reference concerning "mere man" was in response to Duane's Jesus just being a "righteous man... made forgiveness available to all mankind". My focus is on God's ability - and His alone..to pro-offer forgiveness (and thereby salvation), therefor if Jesus "made forgiveness available" then...

John 20:23 is a verse used to uphold priestly absolution by some, whereby confession is made to a man as a "conduit" to God - that wasn't my reference(nor do I hold to such). I was thinking in line with -

"For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"(1Timothy 2:5)

Eyes heavy, we can pick up later if ya want my friend, have a good night :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#613583 Dec 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Heh
http://youtu.be/pRmChG3Jf_Q
Yeah...like that :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#613584 Dec 18, 2013
Bad Santa, meet Krampus: a half-goat, half-demon, horrific beast who literally beats people into being nice and not naughty.

Krampus isn't exactly the stuff of dreams: Bearing horns, dark hair, and fangs, the anti-St. Nicholas comes with a chain and bells that he lashes about, along with a bundle of birch sticks meant to swat naughty children. He then hauls the bad kids down to the underworld.

We wondered: What are the origins of this "Christmas Devil"?

Krampus, whose name is derived from the German word krampen, meaning claw, is said to be the son of Hel in Norse mythology. The legendary beast also shares characteristics with other scary, demonic creatures in Greek mythology, including satyrs and fauns.

The legend is part of a centuries-old Christmas tradition in Germany, where Christmas celebrations begin in early December.

Krampus was created as a counterpart to kindly St. Nicholas, who rewarded children with sweets. Krampus, in contrast, would swat "wicked" children and take them away to his lair.

According to folklore, Krampus purportedly shows up in towns the night before December 6, known as Krampusnacht, or Krampus Night. December 6 also happens to be Nikolaustag, or St. Nicholas Day, when German children look outside their door to see if the shoe or boot they'd left out the night before contains either presents (a reward for good behavior) or a rod (bad behavior).

A more modern take on the tradition in Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic involves drunken men dressed as devils, who take over the streets for a Krampuslauf—a Krampus Run of sorts, when people are chased through the streets by the "devils."

Why scare children with a demonic, pagan monster? Maybe it's a way for humans to get in touch with their animalistic side.

Such impulses may be about assuming "a dual personality," according to António Carneiro, who spoke to National Geographic magazine earlier this year about revitalized pagan traditions. The person dressed as the beast "becomes mysterious," he said.

Lump of Coal Preferred?

Krampus's frightening presence was suppressed for many years—the Catholic Church forbade the raucous celebrations, and fascists in World War II Europe found Krampus despicable because it was considered a creation of the Social Democrats.

But Krampus is making a comeback now, thanks partly to a "bah, humbug" attitude in pop culture, with people searching for ways to celebrate the yuletide season in non-traditional ways. National Geographic has even published a book in German about the devilish Christmas beast.

In the U.S., people are buying into the trend with Krampus parties. Monday night's episode of American Dad, called "Minstrel Krampus," highlighted the growing movement of anti-Christmas celebrations.

For its part, Austria is attempting to commercialize the harsh persona of Krampus by selling chocolates, figurines, and collectible horns. So there are already complaints that Krampus is becoming too commercialized.

Looks like Santa might have some competition.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...

Very amusing.

Location hidden

#613585 Dec 18, 2013
Senecus wrote:
Harold Camping has assumed room temperature -
Dead at 92 - and he has , as all will, been translated by death:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/17/haro...
I thought he had already passed away.?
Harold Camping proved to me the power greed has over mind and
heart manipulation in our world today.
What a crazy ride that was!

Is his radio show still on air?
-pls don't post link if it is.

Location hidden

#613586 Dec 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it is why I think so many "believers" reject so much of what Jesus taught.
Jesus said "do this" and I honestly say "I am not able to do that yet." while others seem to say "I don't have to do that because I was told I don't have to by men who claim the authority of God ".
I will take the safer route, I do not believe such 'loopholes' work with God. Others are free to take the chance of second guessing Jesus..
Pretty sure He knows none are "able".
Still though- why not at least try to be?

Makes for peace happiness and love for all..
-- in this very short time we are allotted...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#613588 Dec 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Stevie, actually, my reference concerning "mere man" was in response to Duane's Jesus just being a "righteous man... made forgiveness available to all mankind". My focus is on God's ability - and His alone..to pro-offer forgiveness (and thereby salvation), therefor if Jesus "made forgiveness available" then.......
God made it available 'through" Jesus. Just like God made it available through goats and sheep for the preceding centuries before Jesus was even born.
Jesus has no more 'God powers' than anyone else. He even said so 'you all shall do this and more' as well as 'To prove that mankind has the power to forgive sins...pick up your bed and walk..'

However, one can also cite Psalm 82 as "proof" that some (or all) humans are Gods.

Sorry, Jack. I don't accept 1700 years of Church dogma and doctrine as "The Word of God." I was given the freewill to pick my own cherries. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#613589 Dec 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure He knows none are "able".
Still though- why not at least try to be?
Makes for peace happiness and love for all..
-- in this very short time we are allotted...
Why would God expect us to be more than he created us to be ?

It would be like condemning goldfish for not being dolphins.

There have been (IMHO) many people who have fulfilled Jesus commandments to love everyone unconditionally. Gandhi, Mandela and MLK are but three famous examples.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#613590 Dec 19, 2013
^
^

M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.”~

Victoria Holt Eleanor Hibbert

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#613591 Dec 19, 2013
*^*^*^*^*^

Today's Prayer

Dear God, I pray for all those who are reading this devotional e-mail, that You will touch their lives in great and mighty ways. Please draw them closer to You and provide: Comfort on difficult days, Smiles when sadness intrudes, Rainbows to follow the clouds, Laughter to kiss their lips, Sunsets to warm their hearts, Gentle hugs when spirits sag, Friendships to brighten their being, Beauty for their eyes to see, Confidence for when they doubt, Faith so that they can believe, Courage to know themselves, Patience to accept the truth, And love to complete their lives. Thank You God for Your blessings. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

*^*^*^*^*^

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#613592 Dec 19, 2013
*^*^*^*^*^

Encouraging Words....

No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

K-Love

*^*^*^*^*^

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#613593 Dec 19, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My best guess is that John hates me because I am so much like him that he can't admit it.
Hatred like that can cause people to do some very nasty things.
"We often hate the most in others that which is a reflection of ourselves." -?
The only time John posts here is to continue to spread the same vile lies about me that he has been slandering me with for two years..What annoyed me the most was when Epi and others sided with John and claimed his lies were truth. Even after Senecus told them the truth about me and I posted all my personal info here.
I could forgive John much easier than the ones who know he is lying and use those lies to bash me for their own ego boosts.
Why don't you Forgive John?? And put your hate on me then....If you must Hate....John was stating how he believed also....I posted that the Older posters said you stated that you were a Professor when you first came on.....We still believe that....I only asked Jacks opinion.... Just because he stated his opinion....Didn't mean I saw it the same way...
You do have a tendency to manipulate peoples posts.....And that is My Opinion...Which I am entitled to.....

Duane....Are you ever happy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 min Paul really is dead 475
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min June VanDerMark 47,106
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min DJ Crazee 39,286
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Aerobatty 990,701
LeBron James: Should he STAY or should he GO?? 1 hr MWHAHAHAHAHHA 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 692,113
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr MWHAHAHAHAHHA 445,851
More from around the web