Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#612846 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I think organized religion was first created to control most atheists. Not that people didn't believe. But that 5% population of ungodly deviants were a concern to the rest of society. And they realized when they would gather that atheists would become crazy obsessed with them. So they built the churches knowing most atheists would lose their minds trying to find out everything they could about the religion. And it worked exceeding well. To this day there are atheists who spend their entire waking lives talking about religion, not realizing they are 'tapping the glass' from the inside! At our church, we normally use a long broom and shoo them out of our bushes!
:)
LOL..........

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#612847 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I think organized religion was first created to control most atheists. Not that people didn't believe. But that 5% population of ungodly deviants were a concern to the rest of society. And they realized when they would gather that atheists would become crazy obsessed with them. So they built the churches knowing most atheists would lose their minds trying to find out everything they could about the religion. And it worked exceeding well. To this day there are atheists who spend their entire waking lives talking about religion, not realizing they are 'tapping the glass' from the inside! At our church, we normally use a long broom and shoo them out of our bushes!
Everyone is atheist, until programed to serve some brand of religion. However some are not going to be programed to serve , particularly those who search for enlightenment through empirical knowledge by the scientific method. Once the tools were devised to gather empirical knowledge, there became a select few who will not be enchanted by the illusive promises of believing on faith, and it will take substantial evidence to sway those minds.

When all is said and done religion will fail to produce anything, but will fill a hole in the mainstream's desire to answer questions with an illusionary band aid it created from myths and legends. Far far short of the evidence it takes to convince the scientist.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#612850 Dec 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you ever an unbeliever ?
... whatever others reasons, we all have that choice once presented with it - and I believe - are still each on our own path in life when we do accept.
Who can live another's for them ?
true -but as the Spirit says in scripture, "none of us lives and dies onto ourselves...."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#612852 Dec 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>

When all is said and done religion will fail to produce anything, but will fill a hole in the mainstream's desire to answer questions with an illusionary band aid it created from myths and legends.
It also has created hours upon hour a day of something atheists can focus on. If it has done nothing else, it has gotten someone who doesn't even believe it to spend most of their free time talking about it.

That's just funny, I don't care who you are. Here you are, someone claiming it was designed to control and waste time and yet you spend more time talking about it then many believers. And what has come out of all this time you have spent on this?

Heck, you could be using this time to seek out the answers you claim lie in the scientific realm. You know what atheism is for many on Topix? It is a child's security blanket. It is a means to feel part of something after a lifetime of feeling ostracized. Many of you guys would bond if your were arguing against people who like McDonalds over Burger King. I mean you know you aren't changing anybody's mind; either the believer or the non-believer. So these posts have become nothing more than a mix of venting and validation seeking from other atheists.

You don't care about religion but can't stop talking about it. And I don't even think you want to is the funny thing. But i think many of you guys don't know how to socialize with each other normally. And your bond is based on being "anti-Christian". Without that, there is no glue holding you guys together. It is no coincidence that many atheists have about 95% of their post count filled up with posts about religion. Yet believers talk and share with each other about everything. You should think about why that is. Especially when you know nothing is changing in real life from these posts

Location hidden

#612853 Dec 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..........

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612854 Dec 13, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a cyber bully now?
nope - i'm usually on the explaning end, not the complaining and accusing;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612856 Dec 13, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
at least i got a response from you, luci-luv;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612857 Dec 13, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
Doesn't anyone talk nice anymore? Wow, just scrolling by skimming the posts, how nasty some can be. This is not a debating poster anymore, it has became a vulgarity contest to see who can out do the other. Shame too.......
do you hafta be so negative and can't you see the positive side of anything?:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612858 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That was too much info to process? Well let's keep it short and see if anything changes.
1) Why would Jesus say baptize all nations (Gentiles) and make sure they obey his teachings if his teachings don't apply to Gentiles?
2) Are there any verses about Salvation from Jesus that you believe apply to you and can you give a few examples?
"1) Why would Jesus say baptize all nations (Gentiles) and make sure they obey his teachings if his teachings don't apply to Gentiles?

because baptism is to a believer what a marriage ceremony is to newly weds, silly!
also, belieivng the Gospel IS obeying THEE teachings of Jesus - DUH!

2) Are there any verses about Salvation from Jesus that you believe apply to you and can you give a few examples

yes - THE BIBLE is just a few of the examples to provide:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612859 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Mosaic Law is Old Testament. The teachings of Jesus in the New Testament are not Mosaic law. Jesus said He would send the Holy Spirit to remind us what He taught. Do you think Jesus was confused and didn't realize His teachings would no longer apply?
dude, i'm the one who's promoting faith in Jesus here; you're the one who's promoting obedience to certain commandments:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612860 Dec 13, 2013
666 lucifer wrote:
no such thing as love and no such thing as god there is no sin but there is hell i have been on the brink of life and death before there is no bright light its just the light from the ER
if you're in a dark tunnel when you die, it's only because you've been living in it while you were alive....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612861 Dec 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
When did Jesus say that nothing in the Hebrew Scriptures is valid anymore ?
We know that Matthew 5:18 has been "interpreted" by most Modern Christians to mean that all the Law is to be ignored. However Jesus actually said the exact opposite.
"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
Now, the argument goes that "all was fulfilled" when Jesus was crucified ("It is accomplished" - John 19:30). However, if that is true then there is nothing else to be accomplished, no belief, no second coming, nothing at all ever. No commandments, no salvation.
Not only is this mixing two gospels written continents and decades apart to support dogma, it makes Jesus out to be either just another dead Jew or a liar..
"IT (the mosaic law of sin and death) IS FINISHED!!!" - Jesus

"and there was a great earthquake and the vail which seperated the Holiest of Holies was rent in two from the top down..."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612862 Dec 13, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche'!!
Rosa - WTF? i'm beginning to think that you don't like me...:-(

are you gay or just a gaytheist due to siding with the homosexual agenda (the spirit of antichrist) over the word of God?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612863 Dec 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe it to be a choice.
you just made a choice by choosing to believe that it isn't a choice!

there will not be an innocent soul in hell.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612864 Dec 13, 2013
Slightly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent reply.
it's you're choice to think so!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612865 Dec 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
However...you didn't coin it...someone else beat you to it. You use it to degrade others. You use it to make your own self feel "righteous".
To "coin" a word or phrase....
“to create a unique expression; to say something for the first time ever; ...
Why do you keep lying about it wasup??? You had it proven to you that you were not the one who created "gaytheist".
hey google queen - i never heard it before i said it and therefore i coined it in my realm of influence.

now you may return to googling, you google queen you.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612866 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are not being truthful
Nobody has even hinted at such a thing. In fact you have been given the verses repeatedly that would show there is no confusion.(Matthew 19:16-1)
You are trying to rationalize your sins by claiming those who actually believe we should do our best to follow the teachings of Christ are the one's not trusting in him!
The insane part is the ease in which you lie when it comes to your faith. You were in here just a few weeks ago telling people how important it is to read the gospels and get the words of Jesus direct from them. Now when faced with scripture you can't explain away, you claim nothing Jesus taught applied to us. So there would be no pressing reason for someone to read the words of Christ in the gospels. In literally two weeks you have changed everything you claim to believe about Jesus and the gospels, just so you can keep telling yourself that obedience and faithfulness isn't required. Yet even Paul tells you that is not true
Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
skom - "You are trying to rationalize your sins..."

LOL! i don't have any sin, dummy, i've been born-again with a new nature created in the image of God!

don't try putting YOUR sin consciousness and condemnation on me, pal!:-)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#612867 Dec 13, 2013
Prince Helmut V Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
open your mouth during my typing by one my finger between 2 legs,of course two balls each on one side clog sometimes printer board ,send post to you,trye to catch them to relase proper respond, to smark like you,
and try swallow leaks from this pen,
sisi obsraniec
God hates lies spoken to the greatest nation under him, and the nation closest to him, by its leader who repeated the lie many times.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/12/1...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#612868 Dec 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
true -but as the Spirit says in scripture, "none of us lives and dies onto ourselves...."
I can guarantee that NOT what it says.

Location hidden

#612869 Dec 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
skom - "You are trying to rationalize your sins..."
LOL! i don't have any sin, dummy, i've been born-again with a new nature created in the image of God!
don't try putting YOUR sin consciousness and condemnation on me, pal!:-)
You are really trying to claim you don't sin any more?

You are fraud wassup. Why are you so embarrassed of your own beliefs or understanding of the Bible that you refuse to answer questions on either? IS it because the you were just in here telling people they need to read the gospels and gets the words of Jesus direct and now are claiming His words don't apply to us? When you blatantly lie like that, by just doing a 180, does it weigh on you at all? Or is it just natural for you to lie, even about your faith and Jesus Christ, that you think nothing of it? I guess a man that can convince himself he is without sin probably doesn't feel the need to be honest.

I will ask again. Why do you trust in Jesus for salvation? And do you think anything he said applies to the Gentiles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 48,498
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min kent 646,530
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,713
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Journey 971,628
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yellow Star 182,641
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,679
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 2 hr andet1987 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 281,249
More from around the web