Location hidden

#612879 Dec 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
skom - "It doesn't say take away all the future sins of the world
Why don't you explain it to me with some scripture?"
i've tried to explain but you're not receptive so i'm just gonna defer to you:
YOU WIN - YOU'RE A SINNER
And you still sin as well. What kind of logic says once you are forgiven for your sins you now get to sin as much as you want in the future? You get a clean slate when forgiven. Not a free pass to keep sinning. And sin was not abolished on the cross.

But the bottom line is you claim to be a believer in the "Gospel of Jesus". Yet you don't believe anything He says applies to you.If the Bible stopped before Paul and all you had was the gospels, you wouldn't even call yourself a Christian and you would say Jesus was the savior of the Jews. Has sad that it took Paul to even half-way convince you because the words of Jesus sure didn't. And still with Paul you pick and choose what to follow:

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#612880 Dec 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you win:
you think I'm decieved cuz i believe that Jesus paid for my sin once and for all
and YOU'RE STILL A SINNER cuz you don't believe that:-)
Nah

I think you are deceived for the reason I said

You claim me an enemy of the "Gospel of Christ" yet it is YOU that doesn't believe anything Jesus said applies to him

How are you a proponent of the gospel of Christ when you think you don't need to follow it and it wasn't written for you?

It doesn't get more self-blind then that. What is the gospel of Christ you are talking about? Post some verses from this gospel of Christ. Because I promise you that anything you post you will claim doesn't apply to you once we look at it deeper

Location hidden

#612881 Dec 13, 2013
2 Thessalonians 1

1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timothy, Unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Grace unto you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth,

4 so that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all persecutions and tribulations that ye endure,

5 which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the Kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer.

6 For it is a righteous thing with God to recompense with tribulation those who trouble you;

7 and to you who are troubled, rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from Heaven with His mighty angels,

8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who know not God, and who obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#612882 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> It also has created hours upon hour a day of something atheists can focus on. If it has done nothing else, it has gotten someone who doesn't even believe it to spend most of their free time talking about it.
That's just funny, I don't care who you are. Here you are, someone claiming it was designed to control and waste time and yet you spend more time talking about it then many believers. And what has come out of all this time you have spent on this?
Heck, you could be using this time to seek out the answers you claim lie in the scientific realm. You know what atheism is for many on Topix? It is a child's security blanket. It is a means to feel part of something after a lifetime of feeling ostracized. Many of you guys would bond if your were arguing against people who like McDonalds over Burger King. I mean you know you aren't changing anybody's mind; either the believer or the non-believer. So these posts have become nothing more than a mix of venting and validation seeking from other atheists.
You don't care about religion but can't stop talking about it. And I don't even think you want to is the funny thing. But i think many of you guys don't know how to socialize with each other normally. And your bond is based on being "anti-Christian". Without that, there is no glue holding you guys together. It is no coincidence that many atheists have about 95% of their post count filled up with posts about religion. Yet believers talk and share with each other about everything. You should think about why that is. Especially when you know nothing is changing in real life from these posts
There's no amount of bullshit you can type to justify or prove anything you just typed.

Location hidden

#612883 Dec 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no amount of bullshit you can type to justify or prove anything you just typed.
LOL

Yeah, I got some of you atheists pegged all wrong. You don't spend inordinate amounts of time talking about my religion

Anywho....so, any more thoughts on Christianity?

Lord knows it won't interfere in you having normal, non-Christianity discussions with your fellow atheists. What would you guys talk about if we weren't here?

"So...um,..anything new with you? Nope? Yeah me neither. Oh I know, did you hear another athesit joined Topix? He had this sweet burn on Christianity. I mean I heard like 30-40 times before but the way he said it was awesome! Oh yeah, we weren't going talk about Christianity..........um...... ....hmm. Well (fake yawn) I am tired man. I will probably check back in a few weeks. Why so long? Oh I don't know. Not much going on. You know what I'm saying. Well, see ya later"

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#612885 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still sin as well. What kind of logic says once you are forgiven for your sins you now get to sin as much as you want in the future? You get a clean slate when forgiven. Not a free pass to keep sinning. And sin was not abolished on the cross.
But the bottom line is you claim to be a believer in the "Gospel of Jesus". Yet you don't believe anything He says applies to you.If the Bible stopped before Paul and all you had was the gospels, you wouldn't even call yourself a Christian and you would say Jesus was the savior of the Jews. Has sad that it took Paul to even half-way convince you because the words of Jesus sure didn't. And still with Paul you pick and choose what to follow:
Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
you win - you unregenerate sinner you!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612887 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Nah
I think you are deceived for the reason I said
You claim me an enemy of the "Gospel of Christ" yet it is YOU that doesn't believe anything Jesus said applies to him
How are you a proponent of the gospel of Christ when you think you don't need to follow it and it wasn't written for you?
It doesn't get more self-blind then that. What is the gospel of Christ you are talking about? Post some verses from this gospel of Christ. Because I promise you that anything you post you will claim doesn't apply to you once we look at it deeper
what parts of YOU WIN - YOU'RE A SINNER don't you understand?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles

#612889 Dec 13, 2013
Prince Helmut von Y Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
stick your internet links into you a... and clog with cork from old whiskey bottle,
and stop dictate God,what He hate what He love.
nation under him,doesn't exist like america of gays,lesbians,tieeths adulters criminals atheists and idiots like you
today small mucus noses like you,without of end open blasphemous face, and mothers have 6 man during her life on the back of her own baby like you babbling BS,and not learn foreign english,to spoke inteligently with his own dr Shrink?
God hates lies spoken to the greatest nation under him, and the nation closest to him, by its leader who repeated the lie many times.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/12/1 ...

You can't sanitize a lie by covering it up.
Speaking of coverups through silence.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#612890 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I agree sister
Matthew 5
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
We are no longer under the curse of law, meaning we can avoid the penalty for sin which is death. That is because forgiveness has been made possible through the blood of Christ. But even though he took away the sins of the world, that doesn't mean all will be saved. Our responsibilities under the law have changed. Our duty to fulfill the law has not.
Romans 13:8
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
This is why I studied as much as I did when at first it seemed as if Paul was contradicting Jesus. And while focuses more on Grace, his message is the same as Christ's. Love God, love your neighbor. And by doing those to things all else is covered.
Good to see ya sis
(T) Peace
I love that term – fulfil – and so it was...
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”

… right through the very Word.
… I wonder how many really hear the sound... as many try, and many claim, yet do not put it into practice by fulfilling ? Team effort was always there in God's Word. Even from Moses to Jesus... many had a role in life to bring about that fulfilment of a Plan still in action...
… mmm
… much food for thought when we see it all coming together!
“ I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.“ Revelation 21:22

Fighting 'religions' is a futile waste of time... fighting for God is very fulfilling!
(T) Love and Peace always my friend, and I enjoyed the past days chats .~ itsme.~ topix was a lock-out.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#612891 Dec 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
true -but as the Spirit says in scripture, "none of us lives and dies onto ourselves...."
Thank God for the Spirit!
… do you think folk truly understand what is meant by “ do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”

“ Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:29-32

I believe when practised, that... is true redemption.
… meaning, many claim much when it comes to themselves being the chosen of the Christian Faith.
It is my custom to share and not to debate The Word, for that has always been and will remain the same forever, regardless of how folk might try to analyse. It can never be anything different.
Holy is holy... Spirit or Word.
Religions separate for their own, but no one can claim God, any more than prove.
Thank you for sharing

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#612892 Dec 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread has had its troubles and has survived alot, but I really do believe its breathing its last.......
I've considered taking it off my tracker, and more then likely will if things dont get better soon.
Rider on the Storm wrote:
And just as I post the previous post PW comes back..........
Welcome back PW..........
aah Rider...
“ One reason why birds and horses are happy is because they are not
trying to impress other birds and horses.”
~ Dale Carnegie,
Should we be sent to the pillars of creation, we would still come out in this universe... battle scars and all.
It's always good to see a friend.
… and if you do log-out remember where we met... here's waving to you my friend
&li st=PL2xJspzvHg5lRqm4XBdLrEEUux L91-6cp&index=43

… with a smile, Love and Peace always to you and yours.
Stay safe...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#612893 Dec 13, 2013
Don't know why your - my fist post - didn't take as first posted Skom? Sorry if it doubles now!
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I agree sister
Matthew 5
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
We are no longer under the curse of law, meaning we can avoid the penalty for sin which is death. That is because forgiveness has been made possible through the blood of Christ. But even though he took away the sins of the world, that doesn't mean all will be saved. Our responsibilities under the law have changed. Our duty to fulfill the law has not.
Romans 13:8
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
This is why I studied as much as I did when at first it seemed as if Paul was contradicting Jesus. And while focuses more on Grace, his message is the same as Christ's. Love God, love your neighbor. And by doing those to things all else is covered.
Good to see ya sis
(T) Peace
I love that term – fulfil – and so it was...
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”

… right through the very Word.
… I wonder how many really hear the sound... as many try, and many claim, yet do not put it into practice by fulfilling ? Team effort was always there in God's Word. Even from Moses to Jesus... many had a role in life to bring about that fulfilment of a Plan still in action...
… mmm
… much food for thought when we see it all coming together!
“ I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.“ Revelation 21:22

Fighting 'religions' is a futile waste of time... fighting for God is very fulfilling!
(T) Love and peace always my friend, and I enjoyed the past days chats .~ itsme.~ topix was a lock-out.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#612894 Dec 13, 2013
@ Skom.
Ooops! It just did!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612895 Dec 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God for the Spirit!
… do you think folk truly understand what is meant by “ do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”
“ Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:29-32
I believe when practised, that... is true redemption.
… meaning, many claim much when it comes to themselves being the chosen of the Christian Faith.
It is my custom to share and not to debate The Word, for that has always been and will remain the same forever, regardless of how folk might try to analyse. It can never be anything different.
Holy is holy... Spirit or Word.
Religions separate for their own, but no one can claim God, any more than prove.
Thank you for sharing
i sure can't argue with any of this, but what the heck, i'll try anyhow -lol:

you said - "I believe when practised, that... is true redemption"

to this, i would say that it's more of the fruit or manifestation of redemption, but redemption itself is a gift from The Redeemer and can't be earned in any way, shape or form.

i think you know this, partner, but i gotta do what i do:-)

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#612896 Dec 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Well, see ya later"
Only if you are extremely lucky..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#612898 Dec 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

How do you "fight" for "God" when Jesus says you should turn your other cheek to the evil person?

You are contradicting the so-called "Christian" love.

How is it that you can fight for something that has not been proven?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#612899 Dec 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>>H_U_G_S< <<<
I thought it was you....I could feel your HEART
Praise God that your family was safe from those two Catastrophic events.....Gods favor on their Life......
Yes I missed you Friend...I hope you and Ish-I are doing well....It is starting to be your HOT Summer.....We are doing well...Getting ready for Christmas.....I don't find alot to comment on....Sometimes it is ALL arguing....Such a waste of time...But....that is JMO
Be Blessed PW....Shalom
"Flutterbye"
I believe you really did 'miss me' with that kind of welcome! Open arms and all!
… such are the hemispheres – and one reason why I prefer the tropics – it's called hot blooded! Lol
But with a cool head, it helps.

Ish-i is very sick - cancer - and it's a daily battle for life. It's called hard-to witness... and seen enough 'suffering'. Must be a PW's role to be patient in all things and worry about none when it comes to the Word. One reason why I symbolically used my 'horses are restless' poem, but it ends with...“ But we don't move... we wait, and stand at ease, until the word is said...“
Have added more onto that blog – at end - if you want to see... It has become a scroll! lol
… in T/Profile

Did you ever think of the Internet being like …
The Flying Scroll

"I looked again, and there before me was a flying scroll.
He asked me,“What do you see?”
I answered,“I see a flying scroll, twenty cubits long and ten cubits wide"
And he said to me,“This is the curse that is going out over the whole land; for according to what it says on one side, every thief will be banished, and according to what it says on the other, everyone who swears falsely will be banished. The Lord Almighty declares,‘I will send it out, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of anyone who swears falsely by my name. It will remain in that house and destroy it completely, both its timbers and its stones.’”

mmm... a lot could be read into that in these spying days, while time is flying by at the speed of light between folk on earth!
I just love 'the bible'– for me – all myths were born from the real, and they speak more volumes than words can say. They are like mysteries staring us right in the face and yet declared to be false.
… strange how I got that science – nobel material – out of the good book. More should read it!
… but can they hear 'The Word'?

Well... enough said for now, and LuVU2 my flutterbye friend, with all the Shaloms you need to keep you safe over there.
- and ja... catastrophic events have been my life with psalm 91 as the banner.
>>> HUGS <<< returned in the Light of what is, as we watch events unfold.
Saturday - 10-10 am...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#612900 Dec 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i sure can't argue with any of this, but what the heck, i'll try anyhow -lol:
you said - "I believe when practised, that... is true redemption"
to this, i would say that it's more of the fruit or manifestation of redemption, but redemption itself is a gift from The Redeemer and can't be earned in any way, shape or form.
i think you know this, partner, but i gotta do what i do:-)
'I do'...
... just mightn't be that good with the Queens English, or even when speaking am a bit of a Moses stutterer - but many say things differently when meaning the same thing. I never was a preacher with words, but I know that my Redeemer lives!
Take Care, and good to see you closer to why this thread is here than chasing the girls!
... we all gotta do what we have to do... in His service.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#612901 Dec 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
How do you "fight" for "God" when Jesus says you should turn your other cheek to the evil person?
You are contradicting the so-called "Christian" love.
How is it that you can fight for something that has not been proven?
Good question NASL
... by turning the other cheek til I have no jaws left when any cannot see I am only with them 'in Love'... or speak out of Love because I speak truth.
... hello to U2

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#612903 Dec 13, 2013
@ PW - just reading along waiting for wife (shopping) and saw the post concerning Ish-i, sorry to learn and will of course offer prayer for his well being. About wife's relatives and the typhoon- none affect, different island up north (Luzon & Visayan).

My best Irrira ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min lightbeamrider 990,670
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Chilli J 45,734
mamba......... 2 hr helping sick dr R... 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Michael 691,833
Is it fine watching porn with family members?? (Dec '09) 4 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr raj 8,525
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 6 hr Exposing ugly lies 381
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Sat Protester 286,684
More from around the web