Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#612787 Dec 12, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - no, you just hafta put on your thinking-cap with me cuz i tend to get deeper than most peeps can go;)
<whistles long and slow>

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#612788 Dec 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That was too much info to process? Well let's keep it short and see if anything changes.
1) Why would Jesus say baptize all nations (Gentiles) and make sure they obey his teachings if his teachings don't apply to Gentiles?
2) Are there any verses about Salvation from Jesus that you believe apply to you and can you give a few examples?
You mean why would these word appear in text for you to read, supposedly coming from an iconic hero you ere trained to emulate?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#612789 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
But smacking one's wife one time in self defense does not make one a wife beater.
That's Catcher's lie.
I just find it very odd a christian- redneck or not- would
parade his dirty laundry to the world as you have.
Hey- it's your business-yes?
But why do you announce it on the WWW??

I believe what I take from your posts.
You beat your wife- for biting you(???)- and you "spanked" your baby in a restaurant for not sitting still.
I find you barbaric and wish you have no minors under your roof.

You threw it all out there for a reason.. Why?
Shock value is my only conclusion.
Christ takes second seat w you..
666 lucifer

Saco, ME

#612790 Dec 12, 2013
no such thing as love and no such thing as god there is no sin but there is hell i have been on the brink of life and death before there is no bright light its just the light from the ER

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#612791 Dec 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text><whistles long and slow>
Yeah, I had to read that twice.

Hi Scar :D

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#612792 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "alimony" in California.
We call it spousal support.
Well, I guess you would have to make it non gender specific, these days. We're not so progressive here, still stuck in the Victorian Era.
:-(

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#612793 Dec 12, 2013
When did Jesus say that nothing in the Hebrew Scriptures is valid anymore ?

We know that Matthew 5:18 has been "interpreted" by most Modern Christians to mean that all the Law is to be ignored. However Jesus actually said the exact opposite.

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Now, the argument goes that "all was fulfilled" when Jesus was crucified ("It is accomplished" - John 19:30). However, if that is true then there is nothing else to be accomplished, no belief, no second coming, nothing at all ever. No commandments, no salvation.

Not only is this mixing two gospels written continents and decades apart to support dogma, it makes Jesus out to be either just another dead Jew or a liar..

“True Blue”

New Holland

#612794 Dec 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought it was because you're a gay theist.
Sup, brother homo? Us gays have to stick together, ya know?
Touche'!!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#612795 Dec 12, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
Doesn't anyone talk nice anymore? Wow, just scrolling by skimming the posts, how nasty some can be. This is not a debating poster anymore, it has became a vulgarity contest to see who can out do the other. Shame too.......
*says the slandering clueless troll who probably has an anvil dropped on its head daily causing it to lose its memory*

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#612796 Dec 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Mosaic Law is Old Testament. The teachings of Jesus in the New Testament are not Mosaic law. Jesus said He would send the Holy Spirit to remind us what He taught. Do you think Jesus was confused and didn't realize His teachings would no longer apply?
Hope you don't mind me coming in with you and 'waaasssuuup'  on this? He can answer his way, and it interests me in different way.
… I already had a short chat with him earlier.

Personally, I can't separate Jesus from Moses - without dividing the Law - and find from the time of the burning bush, right through to the transfiguration... Moses has been linked to the Faith that became Christian... right thru to the end also re singing the songs of Moses.
Rev 15:2-4
" Then I saw in heaven another marvelous event of great significance. Seven angels were holding the seven last plagues, which would bring God’s wrath to completion.
I saw before me what seemed to be a glass sea mixed with fire. And on it stood all the people who had been victorious over the beast and his statue and the number representing his name. They were all holding harps that God had given them.
And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb:"

… plus the so-called prophet Elijah too
… yet all 3 – Moses, Elijah, and Jesus - were 'alive' in the transfiguration, which thing Jesus wanted to be seen, as equally as his own lifting up after the resurrection.
One reason why I cannot separate Moses... from Jesus's teachings, any more than I could separate the Holy Spirit from Truth.

… just sharing thoughts - this thread seems to have died off since last here – or the bad weather I see afflicting so many lives.
I do trust 'safe and well' finds them all...
Love always in Peace my friend.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#612797 Dec 12, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
Doesn't anyone talk nice anymore? Wow, just scrolling by skimming the posts, how nasty some can be. This is not a debating poster anymore, it has became a vulgarity contest to see who can out do the other. Shame too.......
Only in self-defence, usually.

Merry Xmas, Knowledge.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#612798 Dec 12, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I had to read that twice.
Hi Scar :D
Hi, Ms. Incognito.

o)

“True Blue”

New Holland

#612799 Dec 12, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, a sensible person! Yay! Hey Rosa :)
Incidentally, did you know that satan means opposition and that some here are quite mad?
Yes, it does mean an enemy, adversary or "to plot against". It's satan in Hebrew and shaitan in Arabic.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/satan
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/537...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shaitan

Location hidden

#612801 Dec 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
What a hypocrite. You start fights with people even when they are not addressing you or saying anything negative. The going doesn't need to get rough for you as you exist in a constant state of bitterness.
And why so concerned what happened between RR and his wife? Is your life so empty? Topix seems to be an outlet for you to come and vent your unhappiness.
Sad that
What "fights" are you claiming as truth here?
Name one.
You ask my concern regarding RR- I must ask you the same.

Location hidden

#612802 Dec 12, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's completly insane unbelief that keeps a person trusting in their own goodness rather than trading it for the perfect gift from Christ!
I do not believe it to be a choice.

“orally fixated”

Since: Aug 07

Allentown, PA

#612803 Dec 12, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe it to be a choice.
Excellent reply.
Prince Helmut V Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#612804 Dec 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>bakaawk?
good advice,
reduce using drugs,and start learn foreign English and ethics how to conversate with foreigners
Prince Helmut V Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#612805 Dec 12, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it does mean an enemy, adversary or "to plot against". It's satan in Hebrew and shaitan in Arabic.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/satan
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/537...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shaitan
Shatta is in Hebrew- and Shatta im-is plural,means all those here spreading Lies and insult others and schatta im-children of darkness shatta ben im(sons)

your dictornary confuse,written by dumb atheist gays English translators with 6 month HS courses on line
Prince Helmut V Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#612806 Dec 12, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in self-defence, usually.
Merry Xmas, Knowledge.
you are f..lesbian atheist and celebrate Christmas?????
he eheeeeeee jerks like you are bastard abominable products of devil Christianity?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#612807 Dec 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
M_O_R_N_I_N_G
“Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live your life to express, not to impress,
don’t strive to make your presence noticed,
just make your absence felt.”
Thought for the day
lol... did you feel my absence ?
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you our friend Irirra (PeaceWarrior) from Australia?
…~Calling all Peace Warriors~
"Our horses are restless. Success is in their nostrils. Some neigh and toss their manes. Others stand... Each muscle rippling in readiness for action..." ~ Copyright/Irrira
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
What I thought too as I was reading the posts, pretty sure it is, and a Good Morning to you Epi :)
mmm You both know me too well...[ Topix had a lock out!]
so ja... Good 2 C U 2.
Been waving hi too between all your weather, and thinking of all in distress of it too ...
…'A stubborn horse walks behind you, an impatient horse walks in front of you, but a noble companion walks beside you”.- Unknown.

Did Yolanda have family in that monster Philippine typhoon ? Mine was there as well as at the shopping mall shooting in Kenya... so much tragedy all round the world.

Love to both of you in Peace always.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Toby 106,543
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min here 64,105
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Steve III 654,114
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min MUQ2 45,245
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Jake999 281,883
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 43 min ImFree2Choose 2,588
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Lumatrix 973,845
More from around the web