“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#612474 Dec 10, 2013
"How do we get the pagans to worship our gods?"

"Easy, let's just make up a story and tell them they can still celebrate their winter Solstice! The peasants will believe anything and if they complain, we just kill them!"

- Romans

*That boys and girls, is how xmas started, approximately 200 years after the death of the jesus character."

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612475 Dec 10, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing that very different is there's definitely no snow here. Only the kind they spray into windows as a decoration.
Sometimes Christmas Day is even 40 degrees Celsius. Some people cool off with a swim after dinner.
This carol tells it well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OnJ8jsw4BSoXX
LOL

As a child growing up one of the "mysteries" of Christmas was if it would snow. It didn't very often but when it did...it was as if it was magic.

Several years ago while living in Florida...I was wearing shorts...somehow it just didn't seem right!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612476 Dec 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are those who claim to be something then never live up to it though. IE: RA, RR, Waassuup, DR, etc.
Over two years of the same lying bullshit from the same few individuals and then claiming they are perfect followers of Jesus.
Sorry Annie, that makes me puke.
Nor quite on the FLDS level but damn close.
Back when this conversation started you asked if I wanted to start a conversation about God/Jesus. Instead I went another route and brought up how hard it is for any of us to follow what we claim to believe.

I don't want to turn this in to a conversation bashing anyone nor any one particular belief. Seems that is where it is heading so...maybe we should just leave it as it is.

Hope you are planning a joyful holiday season.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612477 Dec 10, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Even the poop reckons the jesus character wasn't born in winter.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/22/pope-bene...
It's not santa's birthday either but I'm glad little kids are moving away from this LIE.
I think regardless of why one celebrates Christmas it can be a time of celebration...family and friends...reflection...renewal .

IMO...using "Santa" as a way of mystery and magic for children is not harmful. Many of my childhood memories are built around those mystical beliefs...Christmas plays at school and church...the nativity...trees...shopping for just the right gift for my parents and siblings...the carols.

Looking back...I think my parents received a lot of joy from playing "Santa".

When my own children were young...I taught them about the "birth of Jesus" meaning...I let them decide for themselves what they choose to believe. We also had Santa...

I don't think that they are any worse for having been exposed to either.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#612478 Dec 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
As a child growing up one of the "mysteries" of Christmas was if it would snow. It didn't very often but when it did...it was as if it was magic.
Several years ago while living in Florida...I was wearing shorts...somehow it just didn't seem right!
Several years ago while living where I do now where we usually get plenty of snow, the weather was warm and instead of snow, my yard was covered with snowdrop flowers instead.
A true story but can't remember which year.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#612479 Dec 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>I think regardless of why one celebrates Christmas it can be a time of celebration...family and friends...reflection...renewal .

IMO...using "Santa" as a way of mystery and magic for children is not harmful. Many of my childhood memories are built around those mystical beliefs...Christmas plays at school and church...the nativity...trees...shopping for just the right gift for my parents and siblings...the carols.

Looking back...I think my parents received a lot of joy from playing "Santa".

When my own children were young...I taught them about the "birth of Jesus" meaning...I let them decide for themselves what they choose to believe. We also had Santa...

I don't think that they are any worse for having been exposed to either.
I agree on some things but far too many lies are tolerated and that alone might be ok if it wasn't harmful and presented as truth.

I don't celebrate any of these phoney christian holidays and think it's important for people to see a variety of opinions.

They were certainly presented to me, something I'm very grateful for.

I wish you a happy holiday Annie :)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#612480 Dec 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when this conversation started you asked if I wanted to start a conversation about God/Jesus. Instead I went another route and brought up how hard it is for any of us to follow what we claim to believe.
I don't want to turn this in to a conversation bashing anyone nor any one particular belief. Seems that is where it is heading so...maybe we should just leave it as it is.
Hope you are planning a joyful holiday season.
I cant get him out of my mind. It's been decades.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612481 Dec 10, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I cant get him out of my mind. It's been decades.
I'm sorry...I am not quite sure who you are referring to...God???...Jesus???...or some long lost boyfriend???.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612482 Dec 10, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on some things but far too many lies are tolerated and that alone might be ok if it wasn't harmful and presented as truth.
I don't celebrate any of these phoney christian holidays and think it's important for people to see a variety of opinions.
They were certainly presented to me, something I'm very grateful for.
I wish you a happy holiday Annie :)
You too Luci. I hope that you find peace...happiness...and all that you are searching for in the new year that is ahead of us.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612483 Dec 10, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Several years ago while living where I do now where we usually get plenty of snow, the weather was warm and instead of snow, my yard was covered with snowdrop flowers instead.
A true story but can't remember which year.
Seems as if there was a lot more snow when I was a child...maybe it is just perspective and the thrill of knowing there would be no school.

We had this large grove of cedar trees on our farm and when we would have a big snow the branches would be weighted to the ground. They were magnificent in their beauty. The memory of that beauty will always be a picture in my mind...memories of my childhood.

As an adult I was coming down Mount Eagle Mountain (TN) after an ice storm. The trees were covered with ice and the sun reflected off of them as if they were adorned with diamonds...it was breath taking. That too is a picture of true beauty that I will carry with me.

I think that it is those moments...when life takes your breath away...that it is easy to believe that there is something else out there...something that presents to you those moments.

Like a blossom pushing its way through the snow...
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#612484 Dec 10, 2013
Evil and perverted are the works of the homosexuals. Sick is their propaganda and criminal is what they demand. Perverted is what they device. Blasphemy is what they practice and preach. Sick is what they teach and advice.Dangerous are their influences to the kids and to the youth not only for the U.S. but for the rest of the world as well
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#612486 Dec 10, 2013
Homosexuality is cancer for the societies made by Satan.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612487 Dec 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
Evil and perverted are the works of the homosexuals. Sick is their propaganda and criminal is what they demand. Perverted is what they device. Blasphemy is what they practice and preach. Sick is what they teach and advice.Dangerous are their influences to the kids and to the youth not only for the U.S. but for the rest of the world as well
The gay community...their families...friends...wish you the happiest holiday season that you deserve.
king

Venezuela

#612491 Dec 10, 2013
rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#612492 Dec 10, 2013
To the troll...

Your leotards are too tight. Here is some helpful information...

Briefs would probably serve your better (as long as you don't buy them too tight (tight briefs will cut off the blood supply (thus hindering the flow of blood to the brain (maybe it is already too late but...just in case)))) and give you more support (don't want to leave your little boys hanging or squish them).

According to underwear experts...briefs will be the most comfortable as you sit all day at the computer. They are not the latest fashion trend but they do give you what you need to allow the blood circulation to make it to your brain.

Now take off those leotards...don the briefs (please choose white so that they can be bleached) and start having yourself a merry little Christmas!

Don't fret...
Don't pout...
Santa will be right out...
Hopefully before your leotards give you the gout or make you look like a trout!

da-ni-s-ta-yo-hi-hv!

(Epi...you will like this one...my gift...from my heritage...to my Christian friends)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#612493 Dec 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
To the troll...
Your leotards are too tight. Here is some helpful information...
Briefs would probably serve your better (as long as you don't buy them too tight (tight briefs will cut off the blood supply (thus hindering the flow of blood to the brain (maybe it is already too late but...just in case)))) and give you more support (don't want to leave your little boys hanging or squish them).
According to underwear experts...briefs will be the most comfortable as you sit all day at the computer. They are not the latest fashion trend but they do give you what you need to allow the blood circulation to make it to your brain.
Now take off those leotards...don the briefs (please choose white so that they can be bleached) and start having yourself a merry little Christmas!
Don't fret...
Don't pout...
Santa will be right out...
Hopefully before your leotards give you the gout or make you look like a trout!
da-ni-s-ta-yo-hi-hv!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Nsrc3faPuJoXX
(Epi...you will like this one...my gift...from my heritage...to my Christian friends)
My Cherokee ancestors and I like that version also......:-)

Thanks....

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#612495 Dec 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Christmas has also become too commercialized....And it has lost its TRUE meaning.....
A sentiment repeated for centuries.

As soon as it became more than Christ's Mass of the Catholic Church many have said it lost its meaning. The Puritans even banned the holiday completely in and out of church.

For myself, I don't think it is important because Mark doesn't even even mention Jesus birth. Even John never mentions Jesus birth.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#612497 Dec 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
....I went another route and brought up how hard it is for any of us to follow what we claim to believe....
I said I agree with this but there are people who are "great pretenders". They claim to be perfect and then do horrible things.

Yes, most of us try to follow what we believe in and often fail to do so. That is a far cry from the hypocrites who either don't believe what they espouse or work very hard NOT to follow their said beliefs.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#612498 Dec 10, 2013
I saw this on facebook and liked it.....

Arguing with a Fool....Only proves there are two of them.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#612499 Dec 10, 2013
PrinceV Pipke Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Epi
your Cherokee ancestors would kill you for worship Christmas instead their white Bull rambling in the heaven of Manitou?
mostly Cherokee had those vision after smoking Pipe of Peace,full of crack cockaine,and white sniffing dust,+ glass of Whiskey.
Anyway
I like you and lill whispers
LOL.....You're funny Doc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min BenAdam 764,383
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Freebird USA 175,039
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min An NFL Fan 119,237
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr vineeth 1,189
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,642
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,959
what the best model of this wrist watches 1 hr andet1987 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 263,424
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr confrinting with ... 554,844

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE