who don’t know that failure is inevitable.”

~ Coco Chanel

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#612281 Dec 9, 2013

Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for having a purpose for my life and for telling me what your expectations are through the Bible. I know you must be disappointed with me many times, when I fail to meet your expectations of me. I can identify with that from a human standpoint. When I expect a family member to be responsible and to do something that they do not do, or when they make wrong choices in life, I am very disappointed. Sometimes I feel frustrated or angry and other times heartbroken. Help me to be kind-hearted and long-suffering with them, like you are with me. Guide me to handle those disappointments with integrity; to remain quiet when I should and to speak up when I should. Please give me the thoughts, words, and actions you want me to have. And God, please forgive me for disappointing you. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#612282 Dec 9, 2013

Encouraging Words....

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires.

Psalm 37:4

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#612283 Dec 9, 2013

The Christmas Song...Alan Jackson

http://youtu.be/CieHiRbAhf0

Get a cup of coffee and enjoy....:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#612284 Dec 9, 2013
^

Have a Great day!

Later
king

Cherkasy, Ukraine

#612285 Dec 9, 2013
rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#612287 Dec 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
My just reward will come soon enough......once the many religious people in this world will realize that being honest with theirselves is not only a hard task to do, but a requirement needed in order to understand religion.
They would ratehr continue to live a lie than to find the truth.
"...than to find the truth"

unless you can define "truth" in one word or less, shuddapayurface cuz i can!
Me Myself and I

Abington, PA

#612288 Dec 9, 2013
"The Origin of Christmas Tree

Just as early Christians recruited Roman pagans by associating Christmas with the Saturnalia, so too worshippers of the Asheira cult and its offshoots were recruited by the Church sanctioning “Christmas Trees”. Pagans had long worshipped trees in the forest, or brought them into their homes and decorated them, and this observance was adopted and painted with a Christian veneer by the Church.

The Origin of Mistletoe

Norse mythology recounts how the god Balder was killed using a mistletoe arrow by his rival god Hoder while fighting for the female Nanna. Druid rituals use mistletoe to poison their human sacrificial victim.[8] The Christian custom of “kissing under the mistletoe” is a later synthesis of the sexual license of Saturnalia with the Druidic sacrificial cult.

The Origin of Christmas Presents

In pre-Christian Rome, the emperors compelled their most despised citizens to bring offerings and gifts during the Saturnalia (in December) and Kalends (in January). Later, this ritual expanded to include gift-giving among the general populace. The Catholic Church gave this custom a Christian flavor by re-rooting it in the supposed gift-giving of Saint Nicholas."

Clement Miles, Christmas Customs and Traditions: Their History and Significance

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612289 Dec 9, 2013
El is el wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdee.
There is no need for me to hate you unless you hate animals.
As for being beautiful in christ, well, the problem is, is that the christ has not yet come.
YOUR problem is that you haven't received the Christ that HAS come. the next time He comes it's not gonna be as Christ but as Conqueror of those who haven't received Him

the gaytheistic "christ" that you're waiting for is my antichrist;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612290 Dec 9, 2013
El is el wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you have not read your own bible concerning David.
He was after god's own heart but also after Jonathan's body.
Your notion of setting me free is laughable.
On the contrary, it is the religions that you must be set free from.
And yes, they can certainly be evil.
"to the perverse all things are perverse" i.e., just cuz you may have a thang for peeps with your same sexual components don't mean that david did for jonathan. are you insinuating that a man can't love another man like a brother???

and, yes, religion can be evil; you and your religion are an excellent example;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612291 Dec 9, 2013
El is el wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that this Jesus fella actually said this?
it's very simple: similar to how you're choosing NOT to believe, i'm choosing TO believe and then it becomes a reality:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612292 Dec 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think I feel I have been wronged where I would need to forgive either of you? To me the need for forgiveness is based on harm. I don't consider having difficulty getting you to participate in a reciprocal and forthright debate as you having sinned against me. And while I find Viking and his witness to be an embarrassment to the faith, I do not feel he sinned against me. And his posts to me on a personal level simply are not ones I take serious enough where I would need to forgive him. I forgive those whom I feel have caused harm to me. Sins in general are up to God.
I don't know what you mean exactly by obedience to the faith. I would assume you mean the teachings of Jesus Christ as obedience and faith are two different things. It would've been a lot clearer if you would just say whether you believe Christ will save the unfaithful or the disobedient. Not the obedience of Christ or obedient to the faith. But ultimately it is between you and God.
LOL - skom c'mon now you're really complicating very simple things:

1st - this/forgiveness isn't all about YOU; what if you're offending others?

2nd - obedience to the "faith" is simply obedience to the FAITH! i.e., the new testament does not talk about obedience to the law/commandments, otherwise it would be saying 'obedience to the law'!

YOU need to decide in your heart what "faith" means in this context and obey it otherwise YOU'RE BEING DISOBEDIENT TO IT AND TRYING TO LEAD OTHERS ASTRAY AS WELL!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#612293 Dec 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
BTW, I have never been a Christian. I was raised among a variety of religions and cultures and was allowed to think for myself. I was an atheist until I was 30. I didn't consider Jesus as more than a great Rabbi until a couple of years ago, a process that was mainly the result of the posts here of a Christian AND a non-Christian. I don't take sides when demonstrably wise people post.
1st - if you get to choose who's "wise" and who's not based on your personal worldview, then you ARE choosing sides and very possibly taking the wrong side. a word to the 'wise' should be sufficient...

2nd - if you now understand that Jesus is more than just a great rabbi, What/Who pray-tell do you think He is and why/how can he be more than a mortal man???

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#612294 Dec 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's very simple: similar to how you're choosing NOT to believe, i'm choosing TO believe and then it becomes a reality:)
One is better off believing, IMO, than not.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#612295 Dec 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate the answers. And just know I am not saying this next part to be rude or disrespectful, it just simply contains an observation and a question that requires me to be blunt.
No worries Skom. I'd rather you be direct and honest, than to say otherwise. I'm a direct person, and I think being direct has its purpose and can lead to some good things.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The observation is I have noticed a pattern of you putting down Christianity and those in the faith. And it seems indicative of what you said in this post, that while others stayed in a comfort zone you thought outside the box. But your beliefs are basically you think a higher life form created us, but must not have cared because it doesn't intervene and didn't stick around to monitor us right? So I guess my first question is, what is so outside the box about that? Basically anybody that has left the faith but still believes something was behind our creation thinks that. Literally every person I know that has left the faith says something may or may not exist and be behind our creation but it doesn't care or get involved. That we are like ants to it and it worries about us the same way we worry about ants.
"The observation is I have noticed a pattern of you putting down Christianity and those in the faith."
Yes, I do have disdain for Christianity and its followers.
I don't agree with those who continuously lie to its followers, use arrogance to think that they can make someone else believe the way they do, speak out against hatred and evil - yet committed more attrocities to humans, and the continuous assertions that are only based in "fatih" and not in fact.
I guess I just can't realize why, unless it has to do with maintaining a number of followers.
"...but must not have cared because it doesn't intervene..."
- Correct. Shoot - in the least - aliens visit us - "God" doesn't. Unless you have some sort of proof that "God" has visited modern man? Do you? Or is this where you claim faith as your guide? I can show evidence of aliens - you cannot of "God".

<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

#612296 Dec 9, 2013
<continued to Skom>>
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>And you seem to have a lot of disdain for Christians and saying they created God in their image and it is just their opinion they follow. But I see no facts on your side. Just guesses. If something exists it was probably behind creating us. And you are guessing from zero proof of its existence and no proof of intervention that the lack of either must be evidence that it neither cares or is still around. And i know you said we can't understand God yet you claim to know what God isn't. How do you know God doesn't share human traits? And how do you know we can't understand God? If the God you are talking about is simply a higher alien life form, why would that be so hard to understand in our human forms? Isn't just you lack the information to know anything about this alien life-force..if it exists at all?
"But I see no facts on your side."
- what facts are you looking for?
"And you are guessing from zero proof of its existence and no proof of intervention that the lack of either must be evidence that it neither cares or is still around."
- Correct - being honest dictates this. What do you have to show proof of an existence you claim? A book written by men? My point exactly.
"And i know you said we can't understand God yet you claim to know what God isn't. How do you know God doesn't share human traits? "
- I don't, and neither do you.
-....and yes - I can declare what "God" isn't, because those are facts and evidence that shows jsut that. A car is a car, not "God". A rainbow is a refraction of light through a water 'prism'....not "God". I can name alot of things that are not "God".

<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

#612297 Dec 9, 2013
<<continued to Skom>>
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>And if you were to write down these beliefs and someone were to read them hundreds of years from now, would they be fools to believe you? Wouldn't they just be trusting the opinion of some man? Yet the authors of the bible did a lot more than guess. There were first hand accounts such as Peter and people who walked with and lived with Jesus that witnessed the miracles and believed. Outside historians confirm Jesus lived, was believed to be the son of God by his followers and was crucified.
"...would they be fools to believe you?"
- I can't control what people believe, but I can speak my mind and opinion on why you believe them, using facts.
"There were first hand accounts such as Peter and people who walked with and lived with Jesus that witnessed the miracles and believed."
- Thomas walked with Jesus, but you don't accept those teachings.
- your argument is one-sided and biased.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to attack you or your beliefs. But like I said, the situation made it difficult not to be blunt. I simply don't see why it is you are so condescending towards Christianity and why you think you have done anything other than make some very common guesses once you left the faith? Or why you feel your belief system is based on more or is anything more than the opinion of one man compared to Christians who believe the dozens of men who wrote about someone we know existed and was believed to be the son of God during His time on Earth. Maybe food for thought going forward is all.
(T) Peace
"I simply don't see why it is you are so condescending towards Christianity and why you think you have done anything other than make some very common guesses once you left the faith?"
- common guesses? No - statements based upon facts that exist. Like some scholars agree that GoThomas is the earliest gospel. Like GoMatt and GoLuke are just rehashes of GoMark - with a little more opinion added in. Even then, those addded words are contradictory to other passages.
- proof of scribal errors, proof of copies of copies of copies of copies in circulation, theological choices to ensure followers are follwoing the "right" belief.
- Yeah - I just make guesses. Not.
Moving past the words to understand the meanings is what I've done. I've realized that words can have several meanings, and that certain individuals are not "divine" but only because other men had chosen they are.
I wonder why many men who actually do things that would be considered "divine" in todays world - people who go to hospitals to help the ill and others, organizers of Toys for Tots, the Red Cross staff - don't get the same credit as men from 2000 years ago.
A: Because men get to choose. Because men are blinded by what really is good. Because men are selfish.
Thanks for responding.

Albuquerque, NM

#612298 Dec 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"...than to find the truth"
unless you can define "truth" in one word or less, shuddapayurface cuz i can!
I'm sure you can. It doesn't mean it is an accurate definition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 29,204
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min New Age Spiritual... 637,767
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min macumazahn 104,200
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min bad bob 181,916
Peter Zezel (Apr '08) 41 min Torontogl 9
My timeshare scam experience 43 min jacobsims 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 51 min pusherman 968,831
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 44,200
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 hr Paul is dead sinc... 3,691
More from around the web