“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#612193 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you dumb shit.
BenAdam wrote:
Then you said the Jews were a pack of liars and that such a thing was impossible.
Then you went off how atheists can not forgive anyone or be forgiven by God ever.
--
You ignorant lying scumbag, I never said either of those.
Regarding Leviticus, what I've always said is that Levitical Laws are for the Levites, not everyone.
If you dared to pay attention, you'd know that.
You are a pathological liar and everyone with a functioning brain here knows it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#612197 Dec 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe in magic books and perfect authors. I don't believe Constantine was God like you do.
Another lie, Ben. I don't believe Constantine was God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612198 Dec 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a pathological liar and everyone with a functioning brain here knows it.
You're the one claiming that I said I speak, what was it, like 6 languages.

Liar.

Fatmouth pig liar.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#612199 Dec 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
RR just got busted for an outright falsehood on the Atheism/Faith thread.

I think it's a disease.

Redondo Beach, CA

#612200 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one claiming that I said I speak, what was it, like 6 languages.
Liar.
Fatmouth pig liar.
And then you smacked her, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612201 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a disease.
So did you.

You said I hump Buck's leg.

Clearly an outright lie.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#612202 Dec 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding "God"? IMO - our physical human forms cannot understand "God".

EDITED FOR SPACE

I didn't "stay in the box' when others cuddled in their corners with comfort, experience helped, and just opening my mind to the world we live in.
Religion gives one comfort, knowing oneself gives the comfort to others.
I appreciate the answers. And just know I am not saying this next part to be rude or disrespectful, it just simply contains an observation and a question that requires me to be blunt.

The observation is I have noticed a pattern of you putting down Christianity and those in the faith. And it seems indicative of what you said in this post, that while others stayed in a comfort zone you thought outside the box. But your beliefs are basically you think a higher life form created us, but must not have cared because it doesn't intervene and didn't stick around to monitor us right? So I guess my first question is, what is so outside the box about that? Basically anybody that has left the faith but still believes something was behind our creation thinks that. Literally every person I know that has left the faith says something may or may not exist and be behind our creation but it doesn't care or get involved. That we are like ants to it and it worries about us the same way we worry about ants.

And you seem to have a lot of disdain for Christians and saying they created God in their image and it is just their opinion they follow. But I see no facts on your side. Just guesses. If something exists it was probably behind creating us. And you are guessing from zero proof of its existence and no proof of intervention that the lack of either must be evidence that it neither cares or is still around. And i know you said we can't understand God yet you claim to know what God isn't. How do you know God doesn't share human traits? And how do you know we can't understand God? If the God you are talking about is simply a higher alien life form, why would that be so hard to understand in our human forms? Isn't just you lack the information to know anything about this alien life-force..if it exists at all?

And if you were to write down these beliefs and someone were to read them hundreds of years from now, would they be fools to believe you? Wouldn't they just be trusting the opinion of some man? Yet the authors of the bible did a lot more than guess. There were first hand accounts such as Peter and people who walked with and lived with Jesus that witnessed the miracles and believed. Outside historians confirm Jesus lived, was believed to be the son of God by his followers and was crucified.

I am not trying to attack you or your beliefs. But like I said, the situation made it difficult not to be blunt. I simply don't see why it is you are so condescending towards Christianity and why you think you have done anything other than make some very common guesses once you left the faith? Or why you feel your belief system is based on more or is anything more than the opinion of one man compared to Christians who believe the dozens of men who wrote about someone we know existed and was believed to be the son of God during His time on Earth. Maybe food for thought going forward is all.

(T) Peace

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612203 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you smacked her, right?
No, I didn't smack Ben.

Location hidden

#612204 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a disease.
You are running to tell people what happened in another room?

If anybody was gonna smack a bitch, you would be the bitch

I seriously am waiting for the day you wake up and think "you know, I am supposedly a Harvard lawyer. I am gonna stop making Topix such a huge thing in my life where i back-stab people hoping a girl will like me for it. And I am gonna stop following people to different rooms or reporting what happens in other rooms or reporting people's whereabouts to others in a different room or trying to dictate who is friends with who is a chat-room". Or any number of things that just shout "I am a huge insecure wuss"

You don't even get how ridiculous you look is the bizarre thing. You are like a bitchy grade-school chick yet also insecure. Kudos 'counselor'

Redondo Beach, CA

#612205 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't smack Ben.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I didn't mean to imply that you smacked Ben.

It was your wife you smacked.

I was asking whether the smack was preceded by taunts.

Taunts like the ones you used at Ben.

It's so easy to see how your violent nature reflects itself, in your words and in your actions.

Location hidden

#612206 Dec 8, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that you are smarter for anyone
But you are smae blind butt like others,
my past post told the truth about you,
you got not time to read spiritual advice, but you got time to makes money,drink alcohol,watch violent movies, babling about not moral sex, and sniff drugs.
THIS WHAT YOU ARE-JUST LOST LEFT BEHIND WITHOUT OF SALVATION TROLL
I enjoy spiritual Gods thought who doesn't have short sentnces or framed into your waistefull lack of your time,
si si sikun
Below is a link to order life-size cardboard cutouts

http://www.partystandups.com/

Just pretend it is me and you can talk to it all day. You can even yell at it or get in fights with it. Or pretend you are preaching to it. You can pee and fart on it. You can do all your heart's desire. And right now they are 20-25% off! Heck, maybe you can even order two?

:)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#612207 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a disease.
I seriously think he is a pathological liar.

Location hidden

#612208 Dec 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I didn't mean to imply that you smacked Ben.
It was your wife you smacked.
I was asking whether the smack was preceded by taunts.
Taunts like the ones you used at Ben.
It's so easy to see how your violent nature reflects itself, in your words and in your actions.
Defending Ben is now your motivation huh?

When just the other day you threw him under the bus and looked to get a laugh at his expense with your dorky white sheet comment?

You noticed you didn't get a response to that right? Even the person you were trying to curry favor with thought it was lame. But yeah, might as well pretend to care again right> At least until something comes up with it might benefit you not to. Heck, maybe a straight girl will t-mail you? Oh wouldn't that be a big day? I think our little Catcher would be in love

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#612209 Dec 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously think he is a pathological liar.
And there goes another irony meter!!!
Knowledge

United States

#612210 Dec 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOL!
That reminds of the sign outside the funeral parlour:
Drive carefully...we'll wait.
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php...
I like the restaurant one too:
Don't stand there & be hungry; come in and get fed up.
Radiator Shop:
Best place in town to take a leak! LOL

I sometimes have watched Ellen, and my favorite thing on the show is the most stupid signs that people send in. I really think the best medicine for people are to make them laugh...

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#612211 Dec 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Defending Ben is now your motivation huh?
When just the other day you threw him under the bus and looked to get a laugh at his expense with your dorky white sheet comment?
You noticed you didn't get a response to that right? Even the person you were trying to curry favor with thought it was lame. But yeah, might as well pretend to care again right> At least until something comes up with it might benefit you not to. Heck, maybe a straight girl will t-mail you? Oh wouldn't that be a big day? I think our little Catcher would be in love
You watching the Lions and the Eagles in the "Snow Bowl"?

Tied 14-14 in the 4th.
Knowledge

United States

#612212 Dec 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Zebach Sh'lamim (in Hebrew)Zebach Sh'lamim: Peace Offering
A peace offering is an offering expressing thanks or gratitude to G-d for His bounties and mercies. The Hebrew term for this type of offering is zebach sh'lamim (or sometimes just sh'lamim), which is related to the word shalom, meaning "peace" or "whole." A representative portion of the offering is burnt on the altar, a portion is given to the kohanim, and the rest is eaten by the offerer and his family; thus, everyone gets a part of this offering. This category of offerings includes thanksgiving-offerings (in Hebrew, Todah, which was obligatory for survivors of life-threatening crises), free will-offerings, and offerings made after fulfillment of a vow. Note that this class of offerings has nothing to do with sin; in fact, the Talmud states that in the age of the messiah (when there is no more sin), this will be the only class of offering that is brought to the Temple.
Chatat (in Hebrew)Chatat: Sin Offering
A sin offering is an offering to atone for and purge a sin. It is an expression of sorrow for the error and a desire to be reconciled with G-d. The Hebrew term for this type of offering is chatat, from the word chayt, meaning "missing the mark." A chatat could only be offered for unintentional sins committed through carelessness, not for intentional, malicious sins. The size of the offering varied according to the nature of the sin and the financial means of the sinner. Some chatatot are individual and some are communal. Communal offerings represent the interdependence of the community, and the fact that we are all responsible for each others' sins. A few special chatatot could not be eaten, but for the most part, for the average person's personal sin, the chatat was eaten by the kohanim.
Asham (in Hebrew)Asham: Guilt Offering
A guilt offering is an offering to atone for sins of stealing things from the altar, for when you are not sure whether you have committed a sin or what sin you have committed, or for breach of trust. The Hebrew word for a guilt offering is asham. When there was doubt as to whether a person committed a sin, the person would make an asham, rather than a chatat, because bringing a chatat would constitute admission of the sin, and the person would have to be punished for it. If a person brought an asham and later discovered that he had in fact committed the sin, he would have to bring a chatat at that time. An asham was eaten by the kohanim.
Minchah (in Hebrew)Food and Drink Offerings
A meal offering (minchah) represented the devotion of the fruits of man's work to G-d, because it was not a natural product, but something created through man's effort. A representative piece of the offering was burnt on the fire of the altar, but the rest was eaten by the kohanim.
There are also offerings of undiluted wine, referred to as nesekh. "
http://www.jewfaq.org/qorbanot.htm
Very interesting reading material. Thanks Ben, I did not know that Aleya meant that. I know someone very special to me, who has that name.......I am most certain their parents doesn't not know what it means, can't wait to tell them!

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#612213 Dec 8, 2013
Ben Adam wrote:
It is impossible to be anonymous when you hold a public position... esp. when you make the front page of the County News Paper:
http://www.thereporteronline.com/general-news...
I really don't care who knows who I am. In fact, I am very proud of who I am.
And I'm proud to know you, mishpacha :)

Good pic ,btw...

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#612214 Dec 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Senecus knows him personally...has met him...spent time with him. Maybe Senecus is lying...but I don't think so. Of all the Christians that I have come in contact with on Topix...He is among the top of the list of the ones that I would believe and trust.
I could be wrong...but I don't think so.
Yer too kind, Lass :)

And on target ,like Annie Oakley ;)

For those who care or place any importance in it, Duane is who and what he's claimed, and has overcome much to get to where he is. As far as his theological leanings , he, like the rest here,is entitled to his thoughts.

As you were...
Knowledge

United States

#612215 Dec 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Education is one of the commandments of Judaism. It is why most Jewish denominations require the learning of Hebrew and make it a requirement for conversion.
While the Christian churches for over 1000 years used Latin and Greek Bibles to keep the population from being able to read scriptures, the Jews for 3000 years demand that all Jews know and understand the ancient texts in the language they were written.
How much different Christianity would be if a requirement was to read the OT in the original Hebrew and the NT in the original Koine Greek for the last 1700 years.
I honestly, wish they would have. I am certain, we would be better educated especially if we were able to get our hands on the first scrolls, instead of those who have chosen to take what they wanted out. Change words that have two or three meanings, for their preference. I was astonished when I found out how many times the Bible had been rewritten over time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min AussieBobby 280,829
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min AussieBobby 44,245
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 36,674
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min DebraE 104,526
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min truth 640,786
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 50 min Ruby88 53,745
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min X Pendable 182,259
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr X Pendable 969,743
More from around the web