Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#611798 Dec 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I had for al practical purposes left the faith at one point. When I returned, I started over from scratch to come to my own understanding. I kept the beliefs that were taught to me I found to be biblically sound and discarded the beliefs I felt were not.
But before I did that, there were parts of the Bible i was not 100% on and whether it did indeed harmonize. There seemed to be on a surface level some contradictions between Paul and the gospels and there were some verses in particular I wanted to authenticate. I came across certain things like Peter was a first-hand witness, that the difference in writing styles from 1Peter and 2Peter could be because Peter had Silas help him write the first book, and in learning all the scripture found Paul and the gospels to harmonize. There was more of a focus on Grace than obedience but there are still plenty of verses by Paul that stress the need to remain faithful and obedient.
But I bring that up to get into this next part. When someone questioned by faith I said it was important to me to ensure I am following the Word of God. And until that requirement was satisfied, how in good conscience could i continue? But I asked this person that even though I saw no way this would happen, what if hypothetically someone how it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that a small portion of the Bible was fabricated, would it change their beliefs on that particular portion? They said no. I asked how that would be if they knew that part was not the Word of God? They said they had gone this long in their life believing a certain thing and they were comfortable in that belief and would not change it
I found that interesting. And it made it easier to understand why some people will not even consider that an interpretation taught to them may be wrong. And I am not suggesting that somehow is proof my interpretations are correct simply because I use a higher standard of proof IMO. I could still be wrong. But how can anyone assume their teachers were infallible? Now if someone has continued on in their own study and feel they have confirmed what they have been taught that is one thing. But I think there are a lot of people who have basically rested on the first pass through. Whatever they were taught is what they have believed and they not only have never questioned it, they have never confirmed it on their own.
Obviously I find that troubling. But I would have no trouble leaving it to each their own except some are the same people looking to disparage anywhere from individual Christians to entire denominations. Yet someone who does this says how dare you try to get him to question his faith? While taking it upon himself to invalidate hundreds of thousands of believers. It is what it is I guess
In a short sentence.....I'll summarize....

We choose to believe what we do through the use of ourSelves as the litigators to those beliefs.

No "God" is involved. No religion is involved.

Only you are.

Self.

Disregarding this aspect of human life is why people belief in invisible gods and hand-me-down stories.

But like history has already revealed - what we thought was accurate history, is actually only the accurate history we thought was complete, until additional discoveries have been made to change that history.

We are seeing it all the time.

Here is a perfect example......artifacts discovered under a Mayan temple that clearly do not have Mayan culture aspects.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/29/us/cache-of...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#611799 Dec 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself sunshine. When you have nothing but childish insults towards good people who are friends of mine, guess who I'll pick every time?
I ignored it for quite some time, and then made one comment to knowledge that she had made a good point and you get all bent out of shape about it. You might want to look at who the true backstabber is.
I'm curious as to when your going to be a christian again and throw your atheist friends under the bus. I guess I'll just have to wait and see like everyone else..........
Oh you'll pick your christian friend of course, thought we were friends and don't remember it ever being any different til now, when my friends fight each other I try to stay out of it, so do you as I recall, why the sudden turn? Is Ben right about you as well? Have I missed something? You claimed I've been an "azzhole since breaking up with Ben" what's your excuse?

Answer don't answer no matter, only asked because I thought,'maybe it's not just the christian solidarity thing, give him the benefit of doubt, he was one of your first friends here', bet I'll regret it.

Backstabbing hypocrite.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#611800 Dec 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh nice attempt at covering up facts, another christian trait?
I guess because I'm not a christian anymore it's ok for your 'friend' to slander me, right?
Of course it is, y'all do it for the jesus.
You can twist what has been recorded as much as you want but fact is, christians do turn their backs on former believers. To you I've done nothing yet have a looky see.
I think it's just Skom now. I'd be shocked if he turned on me as well.
I shouldn't be, it's the christian way, just like slander, racism, fabrication, misogyny and just plain foaming at the mouth in general whilst lying.
Thanks Larry, disappointing as it is, you've provided a good example and proved me right with every word.
You do know Larry isn't Christian? For the most part I've left because of crap like this post. While Larry and I have a very different worldview I call him a friend. He is honest. I've also been called all the things you just did in your slam against Christians. Funny thing, most I know do crazy stuff like feed the hungry, give Children that have little to nothing presents, shoes for those that have none. These are just some of the things I've been witness to this week. But I get it. You have an agenda and so determined in it little else matters. Slam Larry or whoever. We will carry on.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611801 Dec 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the record I have answered this in my posts and with scriptures repeatedly. Just one example would be here as it goes into obedience in detail with the correct scripture
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I really don't think remaining faithful needs to be spelled out but it means continuing to believe and trust in Christ as our Lord and Savior
I also answered in complete detail with scripture on why we need God to forgive us
I also answered in complete detail with scripture on the role of money plays in our faith.
To this point the only thing you have answered is to claim verses that say before the father will forgive us we must forgive others and claimed they really the opposite. And that Christ needs to forgive us before we can forgive others. So now that i have answered AGAIN, do YOU feel Christ will save the unfaithful and the disobedient?
it's honestly mind-boggling to me that you can't get this and i'm not trying to be disrespectful.

do you think that you can give something (forgiveness in the case) away to others if you don't have it first yourself?

i mean, i'm more than happy to end our conversation saying - you win! you're able to keep all the laws of God in your own strength more than me and i lose because i trust in not only the Author but also the Finisher of my faith for all of it!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611802 Dec 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I try and destroy someone's faith in "God"?
How is that?
For posting factual statements that you refuse to accept?
- and this is my fault?
LOL
You are a piece of work.
Why do you think "God" is allowing me to do this tactic, as much as you think "He" hates it?
Why doesn't "God" do something about it. You know, like break my fingers?
Oh wait - if "God" can't help children from freezing to death on the way back to their home on Christmas, what makes you so sure "He" is going to do something "awful" to me?
You really are living a delusion.
http://www.columbiatribune.com/wire/father-ac...
You really don't know what you are talking about.
God loves you silly - He proved it by offering His only Son for you! you sure ain't helping matters none tho;)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#611803 Dec 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's honestly mind-boggling to me that you can't get this and i'm not trying to be disrespectful.
do you think that you can give something (forgiveness in the case) away to others if you don't have it first yourself?
i mean, i'm more than happy to end our conversation saying - you win! you're able to keep all the laws of God in your own strength more than me and i lose because i trust in not only the Author but also the Finisher of my faith for all of it!
I have made it more than clear man is not capable of perfect obedience but rather that is the goal he is to always be striving towards. You simply have chosen to dishonestly represent what I have said and have done so repeatedly. You have done this in part to avoid answering simple questions.

I will leave the question for you at what has to be at least the 6th time.

Do you believe Christ will save the unfaithful or the disobedient?

It is a simple yes or no. If you feel remaining faithful or obedient is not required for Jesus to keep His promise to us and bestow his grace through mercy and save us then your answer is "yes". Yes he will save the unfaithful and/or the disobedient so long as they trust in Him for salvation. They could even stop believing in the Father, they could blasphemy the Holy Spirit, they could return to a deliberate life of sin and none of it would matter correct?

Are you ashamed of your beliefs? Or just the logic that they are grounded in? Because for someone so willing to tell others they are not real Christians, I would think you would confidently shout from the rooftops that nothing you do from the moment you believed will play a role in whether you are saved. That is a heck of a deal. One that should even apply to those who left the faith. So why not spread this glorious news? Instead it is like pulling teeth to get you to answer.

Location hidden

#611805 Dec 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, either you are being deliberately obtuse or I am giving you way too much credit

Let me make this as simple as possible. Despite the fact I have explained it repeatedly. In Acts 2:38 it says we receive the Holy Spirit after repenting and being baptized in Christ's name. At that moment, our sins are wiped clean and we fall under the sacrifice. There is nothing in the Bible that suggests future sins are forgiven. In fact in the entire Bible there is only one verse from Paul stating those under Grace will not face judgement. But to be under grace and In Christ, one had to have stayed faithful and obedient until the end

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Jesus does not tell the woman "Go out and your future sins are forgiven". He tells her "Go out and sin no more"

So if you continue to sin after falling under the Sacrifice, those sins must still be forgiven. They will be if you remain faithful and obedient (which means striving). One of the ways you do this is by forgiving others. That is part of obedience. And if you are obedient then the Father will continue to forgive you.

Are you seriously suggesting an unbeliever can't forgive someone for a wrong done to them? The fact that at your moment of belief your sins were forgiven has nothing to do with your continual sin or the need to forgive others if you wish to be obedient.

Location hidden

#611806 Dec 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
you're able to keep all the laws of God in your own strength more than me and i lose because i trust in not only the Author but also the Finisher of my faith for all of it!
Also there is a difference between faith and salvation

Yes God is who you received faith through by hearing the Word. As for your salvation..

Philippians 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Do you understand what this verse is saying? That while good someone was obedient and faithful in the presence of God, it is when we are not being watched (or feel we are not being watched) we will continue to remain faithful and obedient.

There are many more verses that address this but surely one passage will not be overwhelming right? Yet even the posts with one verse in them, the scripture is not addressed by you.

Location hidden

#611808 Dec 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
In a short sentence.....I'll summarize....
We choose to believe what we do through the use of ourSelves as the litigators to those beliefs.
No "God" is involved. No religion is involved.
Only you are.
Self.
Disregarding this aspect of human life is why people belief in invisible gods and hand-me-down stories.
But like history has already revealed - what we thought was accurate history, is actually only the accurate history we thought was complete, until additional discoveries have been made to change that history.
We are seeing it all the time.
Here is a perfect example......artifacts discovered under a Mayan temple that clearly do not have Mayan culture aspects.
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/29/us/cache-of...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =asomHvqhYB4XX
I am not sure i am following your point/ First what convinces you they do not have Mayan culture aspects? Second what would that prove? I am sure not everything is culturally identical. Or are you simply using this to illustrate some things we used to think were a certain way might have been different?

I don't discount we often find things that provide answers we did not have before. I don't see the significance to this. We have answers. We know from independent historians Jesus lived, was a Christian, was considered the Son of God from his followers, and was crucified. We know the Bible tells that story in detail.

Whether someone believes the Bible to be true or not doesn't change that we are not in need of further information. Either someone accepts it or they don't.

But I think faith is mostly intuitive. There is a greater power than ourselves. This is something man has known from the dawn of time. While each religion may claim ownership, the bigger picture does not change IMO. Whether or not somewhere down the road we discover A was really B isn't going to change much in the big scheme of things

I guess I would ask what hypothetically do you think would be something that could be discovered in the future that would change what people believe now as far as the Bible?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#611809 Dec 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh nice attempt at covering up facts, another christian trait?
I guess because I'm not a christian anymore it's ok for your 'friend' to slander me, right?
Of course it is, y'all do it for the jesus.
You can twist what has been recorded as much as you want but fact is, christians do turn their backs on former believers. To you I've done nothing yet have a looky see.
I think it's just Skom now. I'd be shocked if he turned on me as well.
I shouldn't be, it's the christian way, just like slander, racism, fabrication, misogyny and just plain foaming at the mouth in general whilst lying.
Thanks Larry, disappointing as it is, you've provided a good example and proved me right with every word.
If your talking about knowledge I dont even know her.

The one thing I'm sure of though is she didnt slander you until she got fed up with your smart mouth and insults.

And as for you calling me a christian have at it, it doesnt bother me in the least. Accept for Xtians like Viking Shrink, Boss drop etc. etc. the topix christians are head and shoulders better people then topix atheists.

#611810 Dec 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you'll pick your christian friend of course, thought we were friends and don't remember it ever being any different til now, when my friends fight each other I try to stay out of it, so do you as I recall, why the sudden turn? Is Ben right about you as well? Have I missed something? You claimed I've been an "azzhole since breaking up with Ben" what's your excuse?
Answer don't answer no matter, only asked because I thought,'maybe it's not just the christian solidarity thing, give him the benefit of doubt, he was one of your first friends here', bet I'll regret it.
Backstabbing hypocrite.
Once again, this all started because I said Knowledge made a good point, and she did. You got all pissy about it and I thought hell with it why be nice to someone who cant be nice to others. Until then I ignored all your unprovoked insults to people who have been nothing but nice to you here. Seriously you and Ben were made for each other, two miserable jerks who have fun calling others names and mocking them.

Have fun with your superiority complex.......

#611811 Dec 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>You do know Larry isn't Christian? For the most part I've left because of crap like this post. While Larry and I have a very different worldview I call him a friend. He is honest. I've also been called all the things you just did in your slam against Christians. Funny thing, most I know do crazy stuff like feed the hungry, give Children that have little to nothing presents, shoes for those that have none. These are just some of the things I've been witness to this week. But I get it. You have an agenda and so determined in it little else matters. Slam Larry or whoever. We will carry on.
LOL, Thanks CC.

Some of the kids here get a chuckle out of calling me christian. I never know whether to laugh or cry at someone who can get well into adulthood and still hold on to that childish type of behavior.

Most atheists like to think they are superior, as I said in my previous post at least on topix christians are better people then atheists hands down. There are some exceptions to that rule though. But IMO for the most part its true..........

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611812 Dec 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, you were close........ I'm just a POS this time. Next time I'll be a lying POS.......
Apologies.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611813 Dec 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say I did ?
Thanks for being a constant liar. Your "religion" makes you a POS.
You didn't have to say it.

Your post, the 7 the one down, on this very page proves it.

http://m.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LORUM...

You grey boxed.

Your location is evident.

Google 'Duane Brocious'.

Every site says he lives in Lansdale, PA.

You posted from Abington, PA.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611814 Dec 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true and clearly you don't know a lot about IT.
I know that someone who has mediocre skills with techie stuff can very easily make a fake online persona.

With "real" photos and diplomas.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#611815 Dec 5, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL, Thanks CC.
Some of the kids here get a chuckle out of calling me christian. I never know whether to laugh or cry at someone who can get well into adulthood and still hold on to that childish type of behavior.
Most atheists like to think they are superior, as I said in my previous post at least on topix christians are better people then atheists hands down. There are some exceptions to that rule though. But IMO for the most part its true..........
Sorry Rider...I disagree...I might not be Christian but I don't think they are any better than I am. We all have faults...we all have our times when we could be kinder...one's faith doesn't make them better than anyone else.

I have no idea why Luci is angry...nor you...nor anyone else...not even DS Troll (I suspect however that his panties are too tight).

Oh well...it is your right...I just think that there are good people in all different groups...plus some bad ones.

Okay...I don't walk as much (hip problems) but I do now row...maybe one day I will row a marathon...right now...I just stay in one place.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#611816 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You grey boxed.
Google 'Duane Brocious'.
Senecus knows him personally...has met him...spent time with him. Maybe Senecus is lying...but I don't think so. Of all the Christians that I have come in contact with on Topix...He is among the top of the list of the ones that I would believe and trust.

I could be wrong...but I don't think so.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#611817 Dec 5, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL, Thanks CC.
Indeed. For me it comes down to actions speak louder than words. For the most part once someone starts squeaking about hating woman, bigotry racism ect I tune out. I see where the real tolerance is at. Take care.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#611818 Dec 5, 2013
Okay...you guys have been hanging out too much with our angry resident troll...so I think I'll leave you to it...until next time.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#611819 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You grey boxed.
Google 'Duane Brocious'.
Hey bro. Just a little info. In the last week I've posted from many cities across this great nation and have been in the same place. If public wifi is available it can show up anywhere. Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Colombo 26,431
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 57 min Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 1 hr Johnny 70
i think that my husband is a pervert (Jan '09) 2 hr juliakk 159
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 685,770
More from around the web