Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#611557 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i've been doing this 'Christianity 101 thing' for many years here now and quite frankly, i've found that a person needs to come around to it for themselves. i was a bapti-vangelist for decades before i was broken from laboring under a roman-influenced mixture of law/works + grace = acceptance from God cuz IT DON'T WORK!
you said "Christ absolutely wants us to strive to be perfect and to live without sin"
you can stive, but i'll obey the Sabbath/Christ and rest in His finished work on the cross. and, i gauruntee you that in so doing, i'll be more holy by accident than you will be on purpose:-)
I am sure that sounds good to you brother

But how do you reconcile the fact that you can't even bring yourself to interpret the Bible you claim to follow?

How many verses would it take before you decided that is too many to ignore? For me not understanding one verse is troublesome. But if I was looking at 50 verses from a dozen different authors and they all seemed to be saying the opposite of what I was claiming, how prideful would I be not to even consider them?

The reason I got into this is because you like to judge who is a real Christian. And if you even had different interpretations that might be one thing. But it appears you can't even find ways to twist them enough to say something other than they do so you ignore most of them all together. If that is how you choose to follow that Bible that is on you. I just like getting a better idea of who is telling me I am not a real Christian or I don't understand the Bible. When it comes from someone who won't address scripture it pretty much lets me know what I need to know

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#611558 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
....it comes through His grace all wrapped up in Christ
I don't believe in your Greek King.
I believe in Jesus of Galilee.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#611559 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>....
The verses say if we don't forgive others then God won't forgive us.
That is what Jesus said several times.

Location hidden

#611560 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude - your picking and choosing a few choice verses but i'm quoting you the entirety!
"THE BIBLE" - there it is again and what do you have to say for yourself?
What are you talking about? A few choice verses? Do those happen to be the ones you don't need to interpret and follow? If you felt they all applied to you like i do then any verse picked out should be able to be explained. Did you not factor these verses in when coming to your understanding of the scriptures as a whole? Maybe that is the problem?

Hebrews 6:4-6
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.”

Matthew 24:11-13
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 12:36-37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned

Romans 2:5-8
"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#611561 Dec 4, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>not on this thread,
they exist evil wicked posters taking someone sincerelity to use as weapon against same poster

if we would know personaly each other,
for sure you would like me as spiritual true believer and human loves pure clean spiritual and physical life for His Divine Father and Friend?

opinions of cyber men or humans doesn't count in this relation and direct dweeling in Gods Spirit?
You're so full of shite. You were all nice until I told the truth about a poster you like slandering then you turned on me and started, whatever shrink.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#611562 Dec 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about what you call "New Age" - I was talking about teachings by Jesus - those that you refuse to acknowledge.
Most don;t even follow the teachings of Jesus in their Bible. How do you expect them to accept his teachings in the other (80+) Gospels ?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611563 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So you see it as saying the opposite of what it says?
The verses say if we don't forgive others then God won't forgive us
And you see that as we can't forgive others until God forgives us?
Can I ask why you interpret as saying something it doesn't? I mean not trying to be rude but how can it get any simpler than what is says? It says if we don't forgive others then God won't forgive us. I guess I will how you interpret other verses. Maybe I am just not following at this point. That may be on me
i'm not sure i'm following you, sir - are you implying that we DON'T need the gift of forgiveness in order to be able to forgive others in the same way God forgives us?

Location hidden

#611564 Dec 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Skom, that only applies to True Believers©.
Those of us who recognize that that's mythology do not care.
You have made several posts to me like this in the past mac. And like then I will ask you the same thing I do now.

When was there any confusion as to whether I thought unbelievers actually in fact do believe the Bible? What made you think I thought you cared that you would need to step in and qualify that?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#611565 Dec 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Skom, that only applies to True Believers©.
Those of us who recognize that that's mythology do not care.
Skom was addressing an "alleged" believer.

However, I agree with you. I also believe that most Christians don't care either. <smile>

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611566 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 5:32
And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
James 5:19-20
"My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins"
Peter 1:17
If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;
1Peter4:17-19
For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
yes - amen and like i said "THE BIBLE" to you too my friend!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611567 Dec 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about what you call "New Age" - I was talking about teachings by Jesus - those that you refuse to acknowledge.
umm...er...okay than - what new agers say about the teachings of Jesus vs what He actually says mixes about as well as oil and water.

is this better?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611568 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not asking about Christ. Those verses are not saying what Christ must do
Yes if Christ had not done what He did, we could never be saved. However he tells us what we must do for Him to save us. We must remain faithful and obedient. Do you believe we must be faithful and obedient? Or do you believe God will save the unfaithful and disobedient?
1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
James 5:19-20 " My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins"
Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
umm...er...okay then - i completly depend on the obedience of Christ in order to obey Him.

is that better?

Location hidden

#611569 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not sure i'm following you, sir - are you implying that we DON'T need the gift of forgiveness in order to be able to forgive others in the same way God forgives us?
Of course not. But that is what those verses were about. This is how we first go about falling under the Sacrifice..

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

At that point our sins are wiped clean. We are also told at that point that we are new creations in Christ, to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, that only those of the devil will continue to sin, to be imitators of Christ and to be perfect like our Father in Heaven is perfect.

When we continue to sin the we need the Father to wipe away those sins. He will do so because of obedience and things like:

Matthew 6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

It is important that we remain in Christ's love. He tells us over and over again we do so by remaining faithful and obedient:

John 15:L10
10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

or those that turn their back on God and no longer care about repentance or obedience...

Luke 8:13
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

John 15:6
6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

Faith and obedience is an ongoing process. Unless you believe Christ will save the unfaithful and the disobedient?

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end...For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.

Location hidden

#611570 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm...er...okay then - i completly depend on the obedience of Christ in order to obey Him.
is that better?
You are being intentionally obtuse brother

I am not asking you about the obedience of Christ. There is no doubt He is obedient. The question is, will you be as he told you that you must to remain in His love the same way he was obedient to remain in His father's love?

John 15
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#611571 Dec 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=BqfZUX5svCgXX
LOL

Love it, can't go wrong with Eric in the silly season.

Location hidden

#611572 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes - amen and like i said "THE BIBLE" to you too my friend!
Those verses are in the Bible friend

Were you not just telling people it is mind-boggling to you that they don't go to the Bible direct and specifically that they don't go right to the gospels to read the words of Jesus direct?

Yet now when given the words of Jesus from the gospels you want to act is if they do not matter and are just part of a whole in which their meaning never comes into play. How can you have an understanding of the Bible as a whole of you left out so many verses when forming your understanding? I mean here is Jesus talking about the two greatest commandments and eternal life. How is that not worth going over?

Luke 10:27-28

27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”

Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#611573 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude - your picking and choosing a few choice verses but i'm quoting you the entirety!
"THE BIBLE" - there it is again and what do you have to say for yourself?
"Screw what Jesus said." - Waasssuup

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611574 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
"They love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at street-corners so that people may see them at it.
Believe me, they have had all the reward they are going to get." - Jesus
lol and it's worth repeating:

i have become a living epistle!:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#611575 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
...we DON'T need the gift of forgiveness in order to be able to forgive others in the same way God forgives us...
Correct. Jesus said so:

"I want you to know that mankind has authority on earth to forgive sins." - Earliest Manuscripts of Mark(2:10)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611576 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that sounds good to you brother
But how do you reconcile the fact that you can't even bring yourself to interpret the Bible you claim to follow?
How many verses would it take before you decided that is too many to ignore? For me not understanding one verse is troublesome. But if I was looking at 50 verses from a dozen different authors and they all seemed to be saying the opposite of what I was claiming, how prideful would I be not to even consider them?
The reason I got into this is because you like to judge who is a real Christian. And if you even had different interpretations that might be one thing. But it appears you can't even find ways to twist them enough to say something other than they do so you ignore most of them all together. If that is how you choose to follow that Bible that is on you. I just like getting a better idea of who is telling me I am not a real Christian or I don't understand the Bible. When it comes from someone who won't address scripture it pretty much lets me know what I need to know
i'm all for you being righteous through your own efforts, dude, but i gotta say emphatically that i'm not able to.

is that okay w/you?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Good-Evil 810,640
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min RADEKT 269,100
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 27 min collen 49
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 38 min Rahul kamdi 54
Koi gay sex ke liye hai Lucknow mien (Feb '14) 57 min gay love 14
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Loveismygoal 1,018
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 1 hr Saint Leonards 52
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 574,556
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 9 hr busted 165
More from around the web