Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#611588 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are being intentionally obtuse brother"
maybe a lil bit. are you being intentionally selfrighteous, brother?
Not at all

It was you who questioned who was a real Christian and posted to others I lack understanding of the Bible. it was you who found this amusing at first. I was perhaps a little annoyed but not self-righteous. Unlike you I feel I constantly still need to learn and accept there are things I may be wrong about. I do not judge who is a real Christian. So no, I do not see myself as self-righteous.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#611589 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i gave you the best i have when i told you that Jesus came under the law to fulfill the law and explained that he was breaking the rich young ruler of his selfrighteousness when challenging him to do things Jesus knew he couldn't do and YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO THAT!
should we just agree to disagree - you seek your righteousness through your obedience to the commandmensts of Christ and i'll trust in His obedience to the cross for me- and we'll part ways peacefully?
I absolutely responded to it brother

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

But yes, I see no reason we can not part ways peacefully

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#611590 Dec 4, 2013
Is this going to turn into one of those 'christian knife fights' I've read about?

*starts thinking about publicity and popcorn*

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611591 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Jesus said so:
"I want you to know that mankind has authority on earth to forgive sins." - Earliest Manuscripts of Mark(2:10)
lol - you're kinda manipulating my words but i do agree that Jesus gave us authority on earth to forgive, heal, deliver....
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#611592 Dec 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
In 1813 Jane Austen wrote the following in the book "Pride and Prejudice"...
"A WOMAN, especially, if she have the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can."
Jumping to today's scenario...
"Is this what we are seeing in the trolls who are attacking women in the media – a kind of widespread domestic violence protected by the anonymity of Twitter? The stirrings of a gender crisis?"
"One way to get rid of these feelings is to attack the "other" – the women – who are threatening their security. The misogynist trolls seem to be ferociously trying to push their own fear and vulnerability onto their women victims – much like passing a hot potato. Hatred and denigration of the "weaker" sex makes trolls feel superior – they feel themselves to be the powerful ones, not vice versa."
http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/54501/criado...
Interesting essay on why some "trolls" pick women to bully...
Someone (I think Knowledge) posted something to the affect that a certain "troll" here hates women that speak their mind...maybe it goes further than that.
I don't disagree that whoever would do this is a coward and it should be called out. Last week my bro in law asked if I was into online games? I'm not but he was sharing that some people go crazy attacking people because they think they are hid in the net. Not so much it seems. As I posted some time back a 13 year old (Lakeland, Fl) girl killed herself after online bullying. And after this one girl now arrested and charged was happy about it and did brag online. The police found her and a friend as well. I see it as a the word of God proving true as it says mans love will grow cold and care not about truth or really anything but self pleasure.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611593 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
You get an A-plus in avoidance
The Bible is what I have been quoting you. You clearly don't recognize it!
i have NOT been avoiding it, i've been answering your questions better than you ever could!

my general response to you quoting biblical obligations is that i'm already 100% perfect IN CHRIST! if you're not, you got some hard time ahead of you to do, my friend!:)
Knowledge

United States

#611594 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one taking the second hand words of Medieval Priests as "the word of God".
I read and study ALL the 200+ early Christian Scriptures, not just the couple Constantine proclaimed was the "Word of God".
I read them, study them and think for myself. I don't need your priests and preachers telling what to think.
You know Ben, if it was not for you and Black Thunder, my Bible studies would have just remained that. I started doing some soul searching after you and I battled for such a good while. After I left, a new world opened up for me. Of course, the literature mainly was backed up from the Bible, but so many parts where missing. I could not believe how many times the Bible had been rewritten over the centuries. I honestly was at an awe. So,I did more searching and more searching. A new world opened up to me. I became obsessed with learning more and more. I have even spoke to my pastor, and made copies for them about many things everyone did not know....that was left out. But, had been written in, long ago.....I was so angry when I found that out. That is why my journey still continues to this day. If it hadn't of been for you and I and Black Thunder deciding to agree to disagree and be civil in our conversations.....I never would have made those first steps. We all can learn from each other, if we just lay aside our differences and just listen.:) I am glad we decided to become friends and learn from each other, instead of fighting constantly, like we use too......God knew what He was doing......:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611595 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are lying brother. I never said i am made righteous by my own actions. Only Christ can declare one righteous and the only time he will is when we are in obedience to his teachings
Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
My obedience and faithfulness on their own could never save me. A man can not save himself and needs Christ to do it. But when we are faithful and obedient he has promised to see us as righteous and save us. It is only from his mercy that we can be saved. But his mercy will not fall on the disobedient and the unfaithful. This is what was foretold and this is what is true..
Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon
It is a promise He makes to us and He will keep it
2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
"Now you are lying brother. I never said i am made righteous by my own actions. Only Christ can declare one righteous and the only time he will is when we are in obedience to his teachings"

i'm glad we're finally on the same page and here is Christ's teaching:

"this is the work of God, that you believe on the One whom He sent" - Jesus

are there other 'works' besides believing in Christ that you'd like to add when Jesus was emphatically and in context telling the people that there's not?
El Centro

United States

#611596 Dec 4, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
I WARNED ALL YOU PIGS. EVERY BATTLE IS WON BEFORE
IT'S EVER FOUGHT.
SKUMBAGLIS WANTS TO BAN ME BECAUSE HE'S SICK AND
TIRED OF HOW MUCH I INTELLECTUALL CANNIBALIZE HIM.
HE'S SICK AND TIRED OF HOW MUCH I PSYCHOLOGICALLY
OBLITERATE HIM. HE'S SICK AND TIRED OF HOW MUCH
I MENTALLY CRUSH HIM. HE'S JEALOUS OF MY
INCOMPARABLE PROSE, LIMITLESS VOCABULARY,
UNMATCHABLE WIT, UNREACHABLE INSIGHT, AND
INDESCRIBABLE DEPTH. HE'S A REAL PU**Y WHO
IS NO MATCH FOR ME AND SO HE IS MAKING ENORMOUS
PLEAS TO TOPIX TO GET ME BANNED. BUT YOU CAN'T
BAN KEYZER SOZE.........IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!
Bunch of LIFELESS RATS!!!!!!!BUNCH OF HOPELESSLY
PATHETIC SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!! !!!!!!
You are a buffoon.
Knowledge

United States

#611597 Dec 4, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
propose date and sucl his d.....
instead sorries and apolgoes to this diabolic satan seed
sesh
I hate christianity like all of you are abominable suckers ,hipocrities,Liar, and slanders-whole bundle of tears worth only to be thrown to the fire
even friendly fatherly gestures to the wicked adulters twist normality and they only want to dates to commit adultery and sick menatality against own children( like this brain sick Luci)
I never date adulters,fornicators and liars like Luci or you sick psychopaths
full of women parts stinking genitalia warts
Yet you said you were married, and talking about dating... geez, isn't that adultry.? Or are you going to act like your single now. You got toooooooooo mamy stories!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611598 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard to address your questions when you have ignored like 50 verses that answer this directly on point. But I will repeat to you what the verses say/
The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey the Lord (Acts 5:32). When we repent and are baptized in the name of Christ we receive the Holy Spirit(Acts 2:28)
At that point we fall under the sacrifice of sins. But there can come a time when we are not covered:
Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left
This happens if we turn our back on Christ and His teachings and go our own way. Some will go so far as to be beyond the point of repentance (Hebrews 6:4-6) But most will fall under James 5:19-20 and still be saved
For those that do not turn their back on the Lord but simply struggle with sin while remaining faithful and striving for obedience, they will remain in the love of Christ (John 15:10) and their sins will be forgiven (Matthew 5:44-45)
Christ's mercy and grace is what ultimately saves us. But He only promises that to the faithful and obedient
i haven't ignored anything but you just don't understand righteousness by faith!

I OBEY THE ENTIRETY OF THE SCRIPTURES BECAUSE I'VE RECEIVED CHRIST AS THE PROPITIATION FOR MY SIN!

furthermore, i continue to walk with God only by continuing to trust the righteouseness/obedience of Christ.

try reading the scriptures you've quoted to me through this lens and maybe you too can rest in Christ rather than strive through selfrighteousness:)

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#611599 Dec 4, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of shite. You were all nice until I told the truth about a poster you like slandering then you turned on me and started, whatever shrink.
You mean you only just worked that out?! He's a loony, who's better to ignore.
Knowledge

United States

#611600 Dec 4, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
propose date and sucl his d.....
instead sorries and apolgoes to this diabolic satan seed
sesh
I hate christianity like all of you are abominable suckers ,hipocrities,Liar, and slanders-whole bundle of tears worth only to be thrown to the fire
even friendly fatherly gestures to the wicked adulters twist normality and they only want to dates to commit adultery and sick menatality against own children( like this brain sick Luci)
I never date adulters,fornicators and liars like Luci or you sick psychopaths
full of women parts stinking genitalia warts
You hate Christianity? And you wonder why I call you a radical muslim.....Your words not mine..........READ YOUR ABOVE POST!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611601 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all
It was you who questioned who was a real Christian and posted to others I lack understanding of the Bible. it was you who found this amusing at first. I was perhaps a little annoyed but not self-righteous. Unlike you I feel I constantly still need to learn and accept there are things I may be wrong about. I do not judge who is a real Christian. So no, I do not see myself as self-righteous.
only those who trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross are trully 'christian', otherwise they wouldn't need Christ - get it?

i see that you can quote excerpts from them, but have you actually read any of the epistles in the New Testament; i'm beginning to wonder.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611602 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I absolutely responded to it brother
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
But yes, I see no reason we can not part ways peacefully
good - i'm getting exhausted from you kinda like Paul did with the galatians. ever read?
Knowledge

United States

#611603 Dec 4, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you bother explaining anything to these speculative gossips?
if you want to keep making a public mockery of yourself fine, just keep me out of it please and stop feeling so sorry for yourself, it's pathetic, especially since you know damn well that you are a self confessed arsehole.
(i know 'larry' i'm an azzhole too, just like you are a backstabbing one)
He was not feeling sorry for himself. Boy, you are a real jerk. He is better off with out the likes of you... that is for sure. Wow, with friends like you, who would need enemies?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#611604 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm...er...okay than - what new agers say about the teachings of Jesus vs what He actually says mixes about as well as oil and water.
is this better?
You are clueless.

"what new agers say about the teachings of Jesus vs what He actually says mixes about as well as oil and water."
- New Agers? I don't think so.
- What "He actually said" is under speculation. For the gospels are all second hand sources and unconfirmed if Jesus actually said what is written. It is like all documents that have a "Jesus" phrase in it - all are unconfirmed reports of his teachings.

But that really doesn't matter if one were to follow Jesus. They would accept all of what he taught and not just the ones that certain men chose for others to believe.

This is the direct semantic that all of Christianity refuses to acknowledge.

How is it that you only can believe in a portion of someone and throw out any otehr teaching that tehy may have initiated?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#611605 Dec 4, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>You mean you only just worked that out?! He's a loony, who's better to ignore.
Sure I just worked it out :p

He's a pet troll loony and I get a giggle out of his baffoonery, besides, as far as trolls go, there are many who are far worse and far more deceitful.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#611606 Dec 4, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>He was not feeling sorry for himself. Boy, you are a real jerk. He is better off with out the likes of you... that is for sure. Wow, with friends like you, who would need enemies?
Nonya.

So, are you going to keep this 'alive' just to pretend to apologise and falsely claim to want 'peace' with me again later?

You make this way too easy. I doubt you've even read the bible, didn't it say something about gossip?

Carrion.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#611607 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You have made several posts to me like this in the past mac. And like then I will ask you the same thing I do now.
When was there any confusion as to whether I thought unbelievers actually in fact do believe the Bible? What made you think I thought you cared that you would need to step in and qualify that?
Sorry, Skom. Yo're still using your belief in your mytholgy as though it were actual evidence.

It's not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min spinosaurus baryonyx 30,143
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min MUQ2 43,930
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min Naturally Wired 38,054
maids 19 min maids 1
Domestic Workers 27 min maids 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Rosesz 638,094
Supporting Trump like the fallen angels support... 46 min truth 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman 968,913
More from around the web